Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife (922 Views)

This Means War: Family Friends Say I Cheated With Daughter..... / Father Sleeping With Daughter? / Father Sleeping With Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zomoears(m): 7:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Recently ran into a senior friend and we had an interesting time.He is sending his daughter to boarding school, and I asked y he had not done that sooner. He replied that his daughter has been his "right hand since she was 9 yrs. But now she is in trouble with her mother.Its quite a long story.
His wife is a spendthrift. "Hajia has no control over how she spends money.If she sees gold, she is buying.Wrapper, she's buying.I can't plan reasonably." those were his words.
He said he started keeping money with his daughter who is a lot more disciplined.Said he first tested her with a few thousands of Naira after he discovered that she doesn't have her. Mother's ways.Then she was only 9 yrs old.he then graduated to hundreds of thousands.Hajia would rant on n on about needing money for this n that, but alhaji would reply "no money", knowing that it's safe with Hafsat-daughter's name.This was going on until last month-4 yrs later.
There was an emergency in the house and Alhaji had travelled.He was called about it, and guaging the need, he asked Hajia to give d fone to Hafsat.He instructed Hafsat to give Hajia N50k.THat was d beginning of d issue.Hajia calmly followed Hafsat to her room and ransacked d place.She found over N1m in different hiding spots.All hell broke lose, and Hafsat insisted she had not stolen d money.
Hajia waited impatiently for Alhaji to return n explain d situation.Ofcourse Alhaji told her exactly how much Hafsat had and why d money was with Hafsat.
Hajia never gave d money (over N1m) to Alhaji.She has also threatened that her daughter cannot live under d same roof with her anymore, that if Alhaji can't trust her with money, then it shouldn't be her daughter that wil be d alternative.Alhaji has no choice.Hafsat ended last term in a family friend's house.This January she'll resume to boarding school.She is currently in ss1 and is 14yrs old.
Hajia is very hot tempered, I met her once.Very unreceptive woman.
Question now is, can a husband trust a daughter over a mother in matters of finance?
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by Mynd44: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2013
Erm.....is that not what banks are for? Keeping such amounts of money at home ain't even wise
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by jeffizy(m): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2013
I understand the idea of keeping the money at home since I can conclude they are Northerners.
But what I don't understand is why 'hajia' is not willing to change.
What will she do if there's no cash to fan her appetite?
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by ZeinabBadawi: 7:37am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by Niluv(f): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2013
What happened to banks? undecided
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by ZeinabBadawi: 7:53am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by Hardheolar(m): 8:01am On Dec 24, 2013
Coming bk to comment in case it hits fp
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by mikael78: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2013
I dey come
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zomoears(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2013
Zeinab Badawi:
Muslims don't patronize contemporary commercial banks cos they abhor interests. . .
But my question is why alhaji didn't stash his cash in a non-interest commercial bank!

He actually operates several accounts, some of which Hajia is signatory(corporate n joint accounts). D guy has been so nice to her, disclosing all his finances except of course small stashes here n there. D chunk with d daughter is one of such "grey areas".
She doesnt fail n d cash is always there when he needs. Doesn't have to take permission from Hajia who will always consider her wardrobe first
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zomoears(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2013
jeffizy: I understand the idea of keeping the money at home since I can conclude they are Northerners.
But what I don't understand is why 'hajia' is not willing to change.
What will she do if there's no cash to fan her appetite?

Hajia is from a fairly well-to-do home.Never lacked trinkets growing up.
Alhaji is a "wasup" kind of guy.doesnt chase women, n doesn't subscribe to polygamy
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zainyrazzy(f): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2013
Zeinab Badawi:
Muslims don't patronize contemporary commercial banks cos they abhor interests. . .
But my question is why alhaji didn't stash his cash in a non-interest commercial bank!
malama zainab since wen did muslim dnt patronize commercial banks dis is d first time am hearin dis I work in a bank and d most of our fattest accounts are own by alhajis, he just choose to keep dat money @ home in case of on foreseen circumstances.
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zomoears(m): 9:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Alhaji just called me asking if I was d one that posted his story on NL. Sounded upset at first, but likes d comments received so far. He promised to take over d story after creatin a NL account. Fictitious names, real life story.
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zomoears(m): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2013
zainyrazzy: malama zainab since wen did muslim dnt patronize commercial banks dis is d first time am hearin dis I work in a bank and d most of our fattest accounts are own by alhajis, he just choose to keep dat money @ home in case of on foreseen circumstances.

D money at home is for upkeep. His wife was d custodian of such fund until few years ago.

D guy is not a moneybag, but can lay claims to a few millions n is comfortable.

He has opened a teenagers account with gtbank for his daughter and gave d atmcard to her.That was what I advised him to do.
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by ZeinabBadawi: 9:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zainyrazzy(f): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2013
Zeinab Badawi:

It's an admonition from the Holy Quran. . . They are strictly supposed to lodge their cash in a non-interest yielding .commercial bank ie, the Islamic/Jaiz bank.

Your job as a banker includes "KYC" which doesn't mean reject cash from wealthy customers. . .

ps: Don't ever call me or anyone here "a mallam or malama", We aren't enemies. . .
since wen did mallama becomes an insult it was d badawi dat I saw on ur name dat made me said soo no pun intended so relax ur muscles
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by ZeinabBadawi: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Father Keeps Family Money With Daughter, Not Wife by zomoears(m): 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm.....is that not what banks are for? Keeping such amounts of money at home ain't even wise

"Such amounts" as u call it happen to be d proceed of a contract. U know how it is with business, u can hammer now and then not get a good deal for a long time.d money is meant to cover house expenses for a few months.

Truthfully, Alhaji himself is a cheerful giver, n may squander it if he attempts to manage it himself.

(1) (Reply)

As An African, Can U Marry A White Woman Or Man ? / Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships / Could This Be David Mark's Village?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.