Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help (938 Views)

Easily Tether Or Share Your Simple Server Or Psiphon Connection To Other Phones / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / She Spilled Hot Coffee On My Laptop: Now What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by papannamdi1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pls people, I use a compaq presario laptop and d chager gets burnt within 3weeks, I mostly play games with the laptop, please who can help me out here.
Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by koseepaaro(m): 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Your charger gets burnt within 3 weeks? When you were using the laptop, do you always plug it to genera
tor light or NEPA light? Because using all these low quality adapters of nowadays with generator light can easily burn the charger (especially those type of generator that are so called "I pass my neighbour" type).

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by papannamdi1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
koseepaaro: Your charger gets burnt within 3 weeks? When you were using the laptop, do you always plug it to genera
tor light or NEPA light? Because using all these low quality adapters of nowadays with generator light can easily burn the charger (especially those type of generator that are so called "I pass my neighbour" type).
Light ke?
We almost never have power supply, I plug to my 'i pass my neighbour'
Ppl say the chargers I bought are low quality chargers, am thinkin of buyin a fairly used charger, heard that one lasts longer.
Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by koseepaaro(m): 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
Trust me, if you can't recognize original charger, even if you go for a fairly used one, you might still buy low quality of a fairly use charger.. I will advise you to give the money to one nearby (but trusted) computer repairer around you there. But be ready to pay extral for giving it to a tech to help you buy it - he would want to add the money for his stress.
Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by haywhytunechi: 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Find stabilizer, always remember to put the stabilizer in delay mode...
Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by praemaise(m): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2013
I had this same issue some weeks ago. Bought 3 chargers in just 3weeks.

Here's what I found out:
The connecting cable to the adapter was the first problem. It was faulty...given to high voltage. This I replaced.

Nepa light was way too low...so I'd advice u buy a connecting cable that has a fuse.

I think what worked for me, may work for you too.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by kandeyc(m): 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
Go to any computer store and ask for surge protector. Thank You.
Re: My Laptop Chager Burns Easily, Help by brightk(m): 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
papa_nnamdi: Pls people, I use a compaq presario laptop and d chager gets burnt within 3weeks, I mostly play games with the laptop, please who can help me out here.

lol.. i better pass my neighbour de cos many problem 2 electronics.. first of all get an original charger...de re very expensive.. or better still get a universal charger.. more also get a surge protector.. if by doing all dis n ur charger still get burnt.. u need 2 examine dat motherboard of urs...

(1) (Reply)

Help: Installation Of Window 8 On Hp Elite Book 6930p / Wifi Problems . . . Help Me Out. / Windows 10: Microsoft's New Browser Is A FAILURE - Find Out Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.