Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

Question And Answer Time. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Question And Answer Time. (702 Views)

Hilarious Jumu'at Questiona and Answer / The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer / Question And Aswer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question And Answer Time. by aventura: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
From a curious christian who wants an understanding in some Islamic teachings and ways.

Just like the Christians (Catholics) have their pope, Do Muslims have a supreme leader on earth.

My geography teacher once told me that The sultan of sokoto is the number one Islamic person in Africa, how true is it?

What is the general feeling of Muslims in Nigeria and the world during the Christmas season since Jesus Christ (prophet Isa) is being recognized in Islam.

How do you see a muslim converting to christianity? Is it accepted?

How is Mary seen in Islam?

Are Muslims allowed to work in banks?

What is the general Islamic perception of Christianity.
Re: Question And Answer Time. by aventura: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
What does the islamic teaching say about gays and lesbians?

What does the Islamic teaching say about abortion?

How far can Islam go in science?

Does Islam encourage marriages between other religions and Islam?

What is the Islamic version of the creation?

Does Islam recognize the Bible?
Re: Question And Answer Time. by babylolaroy(f): 3:05am On Dec 26, 2013
peace be upon you lady, i wish to ansa your question in its entirety, buh as it is, i cant support dem with authority. i will try as much as i can then i hope our scholars in d building can give you something yu'll understand inshaaAllah.

first: Allah is the only supreme person in the heaven and the earth. As far as i've known, there is no person we take as yu take the popes. in different regions or states, we av elderly scholarly leaders like MUFTIs or AMEERs who serve as the leader of their own arena, region buh not of the whole muslim world. the prophet p.b.u.h said if three men are travelling or togeda on a journey, den dey shud make someone their leader. that is to stress the importance of having a leader so there is peace and tranquility moreso since we v been ordered to obey whoeva leads ...if he leads right
second: during christmas, the muslim world isnt expected to feel anyhow and we infact feel nothing. its nt any special day to us because of reasons i'll rush thru so i wnt bore yu wth ds bulk.....prophet isa being celebrated on dah date according to our own quran was born around april,may,june not december....mas in latin means death, dat is christmas is d celebration of death of jesus not his birth as is now widely claimed and we dont believe in his death. if yu delve into d history of christmas, yu will realise its a pagan practise to celebrate their pagan gods nd godesses. Then chrismas isnt recognised in islam as we av our own recommended festivals called eid al fitri nd eid al kabir. Whoever innovates anyother is not among us..inshaaAllah
Third: leaving the folds of islam is called apostacy. ar-riddah. and it is a grave grave grave sin that merits harsh punishment..only by Allah. there are several quranic verses i Cant quote now that says an apostate deserves 'adhabun shadeed' most severe punishment. buh it wasnt specified. tho there are examples in history where apostates were killed buh that was in an islamic state during the era of the noble Muhammad. pbuh.
fourth: mary as in christendom is called Maryam ibn Imran in islam. she was a devoted muslim who lived in a closed tower worshipping Allah day and night and eating from bounties directly from paradise. she was a virgin who conceived mirculously and birthed the messiah- isa ibn Maryam. the jesus christ. That was Maryam and we rever her and respect her as Allah s.wt even mentioned her name in d quran and devoted a whole surah of Quran in her name. Buh we are not to worship her at all. shez to be an embodiment of virtues we muslimahs can emulate not worship as catholics do.
fifth: muslims are allowed to work anywhere the pay and d work is halaal i.e pure and allowed. A muslim man can work in a bank and be true to his work; no embezzlements. However for a lady working there. if the work doesnt entail her mixing so freely with men and the use of hijab is allowed,then mashaaAllah, she can work there buh i personally av some reservations. A muslim woman is expected to spend more time with her kids teaching dem the deen of islam. taking care of her husband nd d rest of the family, i think bank job is not so accomodative. buh in general, if decent dresscode is Allowed, den its ok to do it.its nigeria and one must survive

2 Likes

Re: Question And Answer Time. by babylolaroy(f): 3:37am On Dec 26, 2013
sixth: perception of christianity: i donot like to hurt your philosophy or anyone else's buh truth has to be told. Allah told us in the quran that 'whoever does a religion besides islam will have it rejected from him' That is HE wont accept it and he shall be of the losers on the day of judgement...may Allah protect us from such loss. Unluckily, christianity is not islam so it forms part of 'others'. There is only islam and others.
seventh: gayism and lesbianism called homosexualism is a grave sin. a big crime. its morally degrading and unnatural. people believe the pple involved are born that way. its erroneous and i think not. Allah sed HE has created us to marry fom the opposite sex and find tranquility. islam doesnt allow for ds morally degrading dirt and it was d engagement in it that caused Allah to wipe out 'Qawm Luut' the nation of prophet luut(lot). inshort, its a crime i cant even exaggerate enuf!
eighth: abortion is even wider than in ordinary parlance. in islam it is outright haraam wia d baby poses no life threat on the mother. it is killing wic is also a sin. some school of thought differ on weda it is excuses b4 three months wen the baby is now human...Allahu a'lam. let scholars clarify. Buh from my knowledge of islamic law and as a general rule, a woman is not allowed to abort simply because she doesnt want the baby.
ninth: islam is even science itself. islam is the bedrock of science and without it, science probably wudnt av found footing this much. there is a million and one examples i cud give on how islam has proved science or how science has cum to confirm science in the quran. The importance of mountains as quran calles dem pegs for holding the earth, the formation of rain, everything right to the way you eat and drink and sleep. subhanallah!. islam has left no stone unturned and science.is no exception. The prophet sed its good to drink water only minutes after eating not immediately...science.proved it.
we shud lie down on the right side wen sleeping....science proved it against sleeping on d left.....etcetera
tenth: inter religious marriages. It is a wide topic too. Generally if there are so many muslim unmarried sistas, i see no reason y a muslim shud marry a non muslim...it is general that we muslimah shudnt even marry a non believer at alll, buh the muslim men MAY marry only from the people of the book christians inclusive provided he changes her...i dnt know about if he doesnt change ha.
11: creation. Allah created the world. the universe, the heaven and the earth and man and angels and unlike in christendom, HE didnt rest! And hez Ahsanul Khaliqeen...the perfect creator. He only need to say the word 'kun'...be! fayakun...and it will be. That was how he created His creations. He made prophet Adam as the first man and he moulded him from clay, dust, mud....as its severally called... following a well known event, He sent him to earth to dwell with his wife Hawau and procreate, and Allah revealed that HE had made us into several nations and tribes...from that single man and woman Adam and eve who is the greatest ancestor of all humans alive!! subhanallah!how amazing can that be?
12: the bible: thats a book, not a holy book as christens claim. astaghfirullah if i err buh i tink not. the book is just a book of letters and epistles as written substantially by st. paul. if you arent bias, yu will know the story surrounding your bible...its a book subject to ammendment, additions, subtractions and alterations....The Quran for over 1400 years has remained unchanged ever and it stands the test of time everly...why? because it wasnt written by a human!

lastly, everything i av written above is my responsiblity and i alone shall be responsible for it inshaaAllah. let no one take islam for it as most people do. may Allah show guidance to whom He wills...

salam

3 Likes

Re: Question And Answer Time. by harmeenart(f): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2013
@Babylaloroy: Just aw it should be.Jazakallahukhyran
@op: A muslim can work in a bank if it doesnt deal with usury and any other forbidden deal.
Abortion :Allah commands us not to kill our children out of fear of poverty. It is He wu provides for u n for them. It is haram except when a known harm to mother or child is known.
And to the issue of christians: Allah doesnt refer to them as idolators,but people of the book. Hence,makes it permissible to eat their food and marry from their women those wu are chaste.We are just not to partake in their celebrations as it goes against wat we believe in.
In Islam,the injeel is what is recognised as the book revealed to jesus. We believe the bible contains some of it. So we believe in that which tally with wat is in our book and we leave the rest.
Re: Question And Answer Time. by babylolaroy(f): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2013
harmeenart: @Babylaloroy: Just aw it should be.Jazakallahukhyran
@op: A muslim can work in a bank if it doesnt deal with usury and any other forbidden deal.
Abortion :Allah commands us not to kill our children out of fear of poverty. It is He wu provides for u n for them. It is haram except when a known harm to mother or child is known.
And to the issue of christians: Allah doesnt refer to them as idolators,but people of the book. Hence,makes it permissible to eat their food and marry from their women those wu are chaste.We are just not to partake in their celebrations as it goes against wat we believe in.
In Islam,the injeel is what is recognised as the book revealed to jesus. We believe the bible contains some of it. So we believe in that which tally with wat is in our book and we leave the rest.
mashaaAllah. thanx bibi Aminah. I wanna add something again. We are even commanded to believe in the revealed books...the torah, injeel which is bible, zabur of david, and Al Qur'an of Muhammad! However, i still do not think the bible of NOW is the bible of THEN. it has changed far far far away from what was given to prophet Isa a.s. That doesnt mean we wont believe the believable though. we take the truth and jettison the fake. Bible of now says eesa was crucified, we dont think so. And so many other contrary beliefs... Buh in all we are to believe in the revealed books- injeel inclusive to be complete Muslims

peace

(1) (Reply)

The Ruling On Showing The Wounds Of The Muslims / Leave Seun Alone.... / The Prophet's Way Of People's Correction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.