Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer (28903 Views)

Muhammad(p.b.u.h) The Final Legacy / Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) Prophesized The Bloodshed We See Among The Ummah / Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) Is Just A Warner: No More, No Less. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
Compiled by Abuzola

Many controversies ensued after the Prophet"s death and am going to give answer to them:

Question: Was the Prophet really poisoned ?

Answer: Yes he was poisoned.
From Bukhari's Hadith 4.394: Narrated Abu Huraira: When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Prophet ordered, "Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me." The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), "I am going to ask you a question. Will you tell the truth?" They said, "Yes." The Prophet asked, "Who is your father?" They replied, "So-and-so." He said, "You have told a lie; your father is so-and-so." They said, "You are right." He said, "Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?" They replied, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father." On that he asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They said, "We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us." The Prophet said, "You may be cursed and humiliated in it! By Allah, we shall never replace you in it." Then he asked, "Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?" They said, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim." He asked, "Have you poisoned this sheep?" They said, "Yes." He asked, "What made you do so?" They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

Q: But why did the Prophet eat it, didn"t Allah revealed to him that it was poisoned ?

A: It is the decree of ALLAH for Muhammad to devour it and Bishr a companion of the Prophet to die of it
See what Allah said pertaining this: [ Quran 13:38] And, indeed, WE sent Messengers before thee, and WE gave them wives and children. And it is not possible for a Messenger to bring a Sign save by the command of ALLAH. For every matter there is a decree from Allah.

Here is how they ate it, the Prophet still display his prophetic gift

Sahih Bukhari

From Ibn Sa'd :

Verily a Jewish woman presented poisoned (meat of) a she goat to the apostle of Allah. He took a piece form it, put it into his mouth, chewed it and threw it away. Then he said to the Companions: "Halt! Verily, its leg tells me that it is poisoned." Then he sent for the Jewish woman and asked her; "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I wanted to know if you are true; in that case Allah will surely inform you, and if you are a liar I shall relieve the people of you."

From Ibn Sa'd

The apostle of Allah and his companions ate from it. It (goat) said: "I am poisoned." He [Muhammad] said to his Companions, "Hold you hands! because it has informed me that it is poisoned!" They withdrew their hands, but Bishr Ibn al-Bara expired. The apostle of Allah sent for her (Jewess) and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I wanted to know if you are a prophet, in that case it will not harm you and if you are a king, I shall relieve the people of you. He gave orders and she was put to death.

Q:: But they say the poison killed him ?

A: No, the poison didn"t kill him till after three years, you should ask why didn"t the Prophet die at the scene, atlleast Bishr died at that very moment, this also shows that the Prophet is real, read the story:

"Today I have perfected your religion for you, and have bestowed upon
you the full measure of My blessings, and willed that self-surrender
unto Me shall be your way of life."

The Holy Quran, 5:3

NOTE: According to all available traditions, the verse above was
revealed at Mount Arafat in the afternoon of Friday, the 9th of
Dhul-Hijjah, shortly before the death of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be
upon him). Standing in prayer at Arafat on the 9th of Dhul-Hijjah, is
considered the most important part of Hajj.

Bukhari

From Ibn Sa'd

, When the apostle of Allah conquered Khaibar and he had peace of mind, Zaynab Bint al-Harith the brother of Marhab, who was the spouse of Sallam Ibn Mishkam, inquired, "Which part of the goat is liked by Muhammad?" They said, "The foreleg." Then she slaughtered one from her goats and roasted it (the meat). Then she wanted a poison which could not fail. , The apostle of Allah took the foreleg, a piece of which he put into his mouth. Bishr took another bone and put it into his mouth. When the apostle of Allah ate one morsel of it Bishr ate his and other people also ate from it. Then the apostle of Allah said, "Hold back your hands! because this foreleg; , informed me that it is poisoned. Thereupon Bishr said, "By Him who has made you great! I discovered it from the morsel I took. Nothing prevented me from emitting it out, but the idea that I did not like to make your food unrelishing. When you had eaten what was in your mouth I did not like to save my life after yours, and I also thought you would not have eaten it if there was something wrong.

Bishr did not rise form his seat but his color changed to that of "taylsan" (a green cloth) and died at the spot., The apostle of Allah sent for Zaynab and said to her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "You have done to my people what you have done. You have killed my father, my uncle and my husband, so I said to myself, "If you are a prophet, the foreleg will inform you; and others have said, "If you are a king we will get rid of you."",

The apostle of Allah lived after this three years till in consequence of his pain he passed away. During his illness he used to say, "I did not cease to find the effect of the (poisoned) morsel, I took at Khaibar and I suffered several times (from its effect) but now I feel the hour has come of the cutting of my jugular vein."

Q: Did you just say he died of the poisoned meat ?

A: At the final moment when he did his pilgrimage to makkah (hajj), and the verse saying the religion of Islam is complete, then was the final moment, read this to judge it yourself

"Or did you think that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) that came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, 'When will come the help of Allah? Yes! Certainly, the help of Allah is near!" [Surah Baqarah 2:214]

From Bukhari's Hadith 5.713:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to let Ibn Abbas sit beside him, so 'AbdurRahman bin 'Auf said to 'Umar, "We have sons similar to him." 'Umar replied, "(I respect him) because of his status that you know." 'Umar then asked Ibn 'Abbas about the meaning of this Holy Verse:-- "When comes the help of Allah and the conquest of Mecca . . ." (110.1)

Ibn 'Abbas replied, "That indicated the death of Allah's Apostle which Allah informed him of." 'Umar said, "I do not understand of it except what you understand." (note Ibn ABASS WAS THE BEST AMONG THE SAHABAS IN INTERPRETING THE QURAN).

From Tabari Volume 9 page 108:

When the prophet returned to Medina after performing the Pilgrimage of Completion, he began to have a complaint of illness. As travel was allowed (after the pilgrimage), the news of the prophet's illness spread, Then in Muharram the prophet complained of the pain from which he died.

From Ibn Sa'd page 322

Verily, whenever the apostle of Allah fell ill, he asked for recovery, from Allah. But in the illness as a result of which he died, he did not pray for recovery; he used to say, "O soul! What has happened to thee that thou are seeking refuge in every place of refuge?"

Q: May ALLAH reward you abundantly Abuzola, But can"t the Prophet die at once instead of suffering from the poison to die

A: Have you heard pf a word called KAFFARA ? See why the Prophet have to go through the pain

Bukhari's Hadith 5.713:]

From Ibn Sa'd page 294

Umm Bishr [the mother of the Muslim man who also died eating poison], came to the prophet during his illness and said, "O apostle of Allah! I never saw fever like it in any one." The prophet said to her, "Our trial is double and so our reward [in heaven], is double. What do the people say about it [his illness]?" She said, "They say it is pleurisy." Thereupon the apostle said, "Allah will not like to make His apostle suffer from it (pleurisy) because it indicates the possession of Satan, but (my disease is the result of) the morsel that I had taken along your son. It has cut my jugular vein."

From Ibn Sa'd page 294

Umm Bishr [the mother of the Muslim man who also died eating poison], came to the prophet during his illness and said, "O apostle of Allah! I never saw fever like it in any one." The prophet said to her, "Our trial is double and so our reward [in heaven], is double. What do the people say about it [his illness]?" She said, "They say it is pleurisy." Thereupon the apostle said, "Allah will not like to make His apostle suffer from it (pleurisy) because it indicates the possession of Satan, but (my disease is the result of) the morsel that I had taken along your son. It has cut my jugular vein."

From Ibn Hisham page 678:

While matters were thus the apostle began to suffer from the illness by which God took him to what honor and compassion He intended for him shortly before the end of Safar or in the beginning of Rabi'ul-awwal. It began, so I have been told, when he went to Baqi'u'l-Gharqad in the middle of the night and prayed for the dead. Then he returned to his family and in the morning his sufferings began.

Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (RA):
The messenger of Allah, Muhammed (SAW) said, "Whenever a Muslim is afflicted with a calamity, hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm, or depression - even it were the prick from a thorn, Allah expiates his sins because of it"
[Sahih Bukhari & Muslim]

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah (RA):
Allah's Messenger said, "On the Day of Resurrection, when people who have suffered affliction are given their reward, those who are healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world"
[Al-Tirmidhi]

Q: Thank you Abuzola, May Allah increase your knowledge amin

A: You are welcome
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Abuzola,

Na wa for you-o, we are still discussing on a similar thread you opened, only for you to abandon it and come up with this? You be funny fellow-o grin grin
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by olabowale(m): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Nezan: No. What you have discussing was his intention to open what he opened here. If the threads were people; what you are still attending to was the baby shower. This one now is the full grown man who is successful and taking on the world in full throttle up!

@Abuzola: It was you that I greeted first before I informed Nezan what I informed him, above. May Allah Jala wahallah reward you greatly. About Ibn Abbass, it was his style of the nafil of the sunnah prayers of Salatul Subh that I adopt; 2 times 2 Rakah with Sural Kafiruun in the first rakah and Ikhlas in the second.

Please permit me to copy for my record what you have written. May Allah count your effort as magfirah for you in this life and the life that will come after it. Your parents are fortunate people.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2009
You are welcome, sir olabowale, permission granted
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Tudor6(f): 6:28am On Jul 15, 2009
Mohammed was poisoned and he died as a result of the complications 3 years later. What kind of a prophet cannot forsee that a plate of food is poisoned? At least elijah in the bible threw a stick into a pot and the poison disappeared. Why didn't mohamed do likewise??

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2009
You are a confused being, how does Elijah concern an atheist ? Huh, anyway the answer to your question is above. ¿ Fahimt

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 10:52am On Jul 15, 2009
Abuzola:

You are a confused being, how does Elijah concern an atheist ? Huh, anyway the answer to your question is above. ¿ Fahimt
This is balderdash, the discussion in the other thread is more interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by banom(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2009
Religion can be quite ridiculous,

one day your god will eat poison and die.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2009
@banom, our God isn't like the christian god, He never eat, slumber, excrete, He is stern severe in punishment and most merciful. No vision can grasp him, jesus also acknowledge this in the bible.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by debosky(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2009
Abuzola:

@banom, our God isn't like the christian god, He never eat, slumber, excrete, He is stern severe in punishment and most merciful. No vision can grasp him, jesus also acknowledge this in the bible.
Confused child - isn't the 'Christian God' the one that Jesus was referring to? So how can that be the same as the 'stern severe' Muslim god?
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
You re the one who is confused, you claim jesus to be god and yet he has another father i.e lord. None of ur people was able to explain but to say is a mystery. Mystery indeed.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Tudor6(f): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2009
Just look at the two of them.
Black goat calling black mamba black!
I laugh! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2009
Atheist do you have any back up that God never exist? Convince me
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by debosky(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2009
Tudór:

Just look at the two of them.
Black goat calling black mamba black!
I laugh! cheesy cheesy
What are you? Goat excreta. cheesy

Abuzola:

You re the one who is confused, you claim jesus to be god and yet he has another father i.e lord. None of ur people was able to explain but to say is a mystery. Mystery indeed.
Mystery it remains - if you don't like it, go jump off a cliff.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by ronkeenuf(f): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ abuzola, may Allah continue to guide you and increase you in knowledge, may He bestow His abundance on you in this life, in the grave and on judgement day, amin.

@ debosky, why would you rather believe in a mystery when Islam is all explained out as logically and humanly as ever?
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by olabowale(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
@debosky:
Mystery it remains - if you don't like it, go jump off a cliff.
Muslims are not allowed to kill themselves.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Tudor6(f): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2009
olabowale:

@debosky:   Muslims are not allowed to kill themselves.
Tell that to osama bin laden and the faithful islamic terrorist bastards who follow him.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2009
They do not kill themselves but die as martyr to inflict catastrophe in your folks myserable life.
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2009
Abuzola:

They do not kill themselves but die as martyr to inflict catastrophe in your folks myserable life.
grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]A matyr is somebody who is murdered willingly, pursuing a just cause, not some terrorist killing himself and other people in the name of allah grin grin grin[/size]
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2009
You can mock our sweety martyr now in paradise, even the Prophet was mocked talk of martyr. Have you ever called Ehud olmert or Aerial sharon or Bush jnr a terrorist or extremist ? God will judge us
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2009
Abuzola:

You can mock our sweety martyr now in paradise, even the Prophet was mocked talk of martyr. Have you ever called Ehud olmert or Aerial sharon or Bush jnr a terrorist or extremist ? God will judge us

[size=14pt]I know in your warped view of paradise, they will be shagging 72 virgins there grin grin Dont weep when you discover them crying in hell. Is that not where mohammed told you that you are all going?

mohammed was mocked because he was a fake prophet with the satanic verses. grin grin

What brings politicians to a religious argument? [/size]
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2009
Was jesus and the past prophet not mocked ? Maybe i should help u with bible meditation
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by debosky(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2009
Abuzola:

You are not only illiterate, you are confused as well.

Can you tell me the difference in killing yourself to kill other people and killing yourself by jumping off a cliff? Don't you kill yourself in both cases?
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

You are not only illiterate, you are confused as well.

Can you tell me the difference in killing yourself to kill other people and killing yourself by jumping off a cliff? Don't you kill yourself in both cases?

@ Debosky
You just dey know?

I thought he had reached rock bottom but apparently, he's been digging for the last couple of days!!!
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
ahonohai:

@ Debosky
You just dey know?

I thought he had reached rock bottom but apparently, he's been digging for the last couple of days!!!
grin grin grin
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
Suicide is the act of killing oneself alone while martyr is the act of dying for sacrificial or in the course of a good motives.

Haven't you cross worshippers been to a higher institution to know all these ? O ga o, this na big time gbésé
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2009
Abuzola:

Suicide is the act of killing oneself alone while martyr is the act of dying for sacrificial or in the course of a good motives.

Haven't you cross worshippers been to a higher institution to know all these ? O ga o, this na big time gbésé
For us Christians, a matyr is somebody who is killed willingly for his/her Christian beliefs, like Stephen did and the other Apostles did during the oppressive reign of Emperor Nero, not some charlatans, committing massive murder via terror, hoping to be rewarded with 72 virgins, wink
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Abuzola(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2009
Who killed stephen , was it not the anti christ Paul, you people have to wake from your sleep
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by littleb(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2009
Nezan:

[size=14pt]I know in your warped view of paradise, they will be shagging 72 virgins there grin grin Dont weep when you discover them crying in hell. Is that not where mohammed told you that you are all going?

. grin grin

What brings politicians to a religious argument? [/size]

Imagine! Even if the virgins could have been in multiple in thousands will it be too much? You are thinking of this world where you have left, average of hundred years. A devoted muslim is very much aware and haunt for hearafter where no death is expected at least. Imagine milllions of years if not endless enjoyment. Will you not join the club and be save forever.

mohammed was mocked because he was a fake prophet with the satanic verses

Where is your proof?
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Bashbaba(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2009
@Brother Abuzola

Salam
May Allah counts this as an act of Ibaadah for you.An Ujjah for you(a ticket to paradise) and not Ujjah against you on the last day,the day of reality.If it is Allah's pleasure or wish,let it be Ujjah against all the unbelievers and tickets for their Naar.This is a wonderful and nice piece.You have reminded me another reason to be happy as a muslim with or without trials just as delivered by a lecturer 2 days ago in one of our mosques.

Masalam
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by Nezan(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2009
littleb:

Imagine! Even if the virgins could have been in multiple in thousands will it be too much? You are thinking of this world where you have left, average of hundred years. A devoted muslim is very much aware and haunt for hearafter where no death is expected at least. Imagine milllions of years if not endless enjoyment. Will you not join the club and be save forever.

My idea of heaven is not having unlimited sex before God!! God forbid!!! I can never join such a club, never!!!!

littleb:

Where is your proof?

The fatwa placed on Salman Rushdie by Ayatollah for using the title for his novel
Re: The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer by olabowale(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
@Nezan:« #30 on: Today at 12:13:51 PM »
My idea of heaven is not having unlimited sex before God!! God forbid!!! I can never join such a club, never!!!!
Dont worry about it. Rather forget about it. The qualification required for it you dont have. You are probably chasing after the Abuja women, spending all your salary on trying to get some. Or you let women give you money? I call that prostitution!

The fatwa placed on Salman Rushdie by Ayatollah for using the title for his novel
Leave the Fatawa of the Ayatollah and Satanic verses of rushdie, alone and lets talk about the Comforter business in the other thread. I promise you we will return to satanic erses for sure! Deal? Good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m A Faithful Muslim- Bikini Model / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / Can I Have Intercourse With The Woman I Illegally Impregnated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.