Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't (40725 Views)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t / My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
I haven't replied on NL in a long time till I saw this thread. I also think you are being bias about the talks of what the samsung can do. I also am sure you know that there are a lot of things the iPhone can do, not just the 5s but every other iPhone. You talk of the group play, I am sorry to tell you, I play games with my iPhone 5 with people from all over the world, and I don't think I need to go further to explain things to you about samsung galaxy and the iPhone. They are both great phones, but as long as my phone is virus free, I have nothing to worry about, and since the samsung galaxy isn't virus free, please explain that to me. Take a lot at the retrospect of other samsung phones and that of iPhones, and see the difference. Samsung stole some ideas which i am sure you don't know about. The GDP of your country is about 400billon, that of the iPhone is 500 billion. Larger than any other organisation you can imagine. I don't know why I would want to use a phone that hasn't been prospective right from time; but I guess you can't explain why Adobe and iPhone has a linkage together, you just talk without getting real facts. Does the samsung have an interconnectivity with iPhone? You have a phone, understand their concept before comparing.

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by maureen5(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
aywhy93:

Bro, Samsung S3 still rocks... Thats what I also use and its very close to S4 just the 2GB RAM, 5", AirView and some slight difference
i own a 2gbram version of the s3 and an iphone 5s, i love the s3 more.

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Dawatech(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Good
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14: I hv a samsung note3 and iphone 5s n I prefer my iPhone anytime anyday . . .

This one doesn't know how to lie at all, your post can only be true if you are a backward person.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Zane2point4(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
aywhy93:

Bro, Samsung S3 still rocks... Thats what I also use and its very close to S4 just the 2GB RAM, 5", AirView and some slight difference

No big difference between s3 and s4, my s3 even has 2GB ram cos its the LTE edition 4G.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Like what? Fingerprint scanner? Face unlock says hello. Also fingerprint scanners do more harm than good. If you want to scan your fingerprint so that crookish government officials from the west have your ID then go ahead bro. That said, fingerprint unlock on a smartphone is not a new concept.

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Dabss(m): 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
texazzpete: lol. Silly article. Throw in all the gimmicky, me-too features of the Galaxy S4 and use that as a 'my phone is better than yours argument'?

Some of the points are downright silly. If you buy an iPhone 5S, you KNOW it has a 4 inch screen and you like that screen size just fine. Claiming an advantage for the S4 because it has a one inch bigger screen is just lame.

I have an iPhone 5S and a Galaxy S4. Both complement each other. For me, the main differences lies with the difference between iOS and Android. One is more open, one is a closed source, walled garden ecosystem. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. Bringing up stuff like the IR blaster and NFC that hardly anyone uses is just funny cheesy

+1
apple will never burden it's customers with useless gimmicks like smart pause, air view etc.
Touch ID rocks.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by tunshe: 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
Innoxxacs: vanity

poverty

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by sammyrollo: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Emekayoung: Am currently using s3 but hope to get s4 or note 2 in mid january next year..
guy i jxt bought my galaxy s3 do i need to configure it before it start browsin..and wat else do i need to do plz this is my first android phone from nokia 5130 to s3
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Innoxxacs: vanity

Poverty
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by solowork: 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
maureen5: i own a 2gbram version of the s3 and an iphone 5s, i love the s3 more.

Hmmmnnn, That's Nice but mine is 1GB RAM... No matter what, I love Android than any iPhone even iPhone 9S grin
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
sammyrollo: guy i jxt bought my galaxy s3 do i need to configure it before it start browsin..and wat else do i need to do plz this is my first android phone from nokia 5130 to s3

Yes, you need to configure it depending on which network you wanna use though... Check the configurations I have on my Tech Blog - www.stevenbergy.com.ng . You are free to ask more questions if you need help cool
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Zane2point4:

No big difference between s3 and s4, my s3 even has 2GB ram cos its the LTE edition 4G.

Wow but my S3 is 4G ooooh and it still has 1GB RAM...
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
wiseon£:
angry my gf is pregnant
The Lord's gift.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Emmonski(m): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Apple for life!!!
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by jossyme: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
You may say whatever you like, it's your opinion. I use both platforms. I have a Macbook Pro, ipad, rocking Note 3 now. I have used iPhone 3GS,s2,note 2,. I. Kind of still prefer iPhone. My note 3 still lags with it 3GB, likewise s2. IPhone runs smoothly.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by nawti(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Well it depends on the end user and how technology savvy the person is. Before I go further, I will base my premise on the following analogy, to safely arrive at a logical standpoint on which is better.

If Samsung s4 is rated as the best android device, then permit me to base some of my points on the android platform

inbuilt app:

SGS4 screen mirroring
My phone is connected to unlimited 3g network on Three, as a result of which I watch most of my videos on my Phone. with the screen mirroring, I can initiate the video playing on my mobile device and watch it on my Samsung LED TV. With apple, you will need apple tv connected to your TV, and that in itself is unreliable and requires some funny connection cables.

SGS4 smart pause
Video playback pauses when i look away from the screen and resumes when I look at the screen. Iphone?......... lipsrsealed

Android apps on SGS4
1. Ceberus
With ceberus the posibility is endless in tracking your missing device. Let me point out a few:
- Get the phone call records and messages when the thief tries to use your phone.
- get the thief's phone number on sim change
- automatic picture capture on wrong unlock code, and sent to your email
- hidden conversation recorder in the background without the thief knowing that you are listening in to their conversations
- Remote control via text messages
- SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card

Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!

The good thing is this, you don't need another phone to control all the functions, simply go online and login with your username and password and you are okay.

2. Tasker
Schedule different tasks on your phone based on different parameters. These are some of the setting on my SGS4

- low battery below 30%, switch phone to single core out of the four cores (this saves battery), and switch from 3g to 2g
- I use a bluetooth watch (pebbles) synced with my phone for stealth notifications when I'm at the office.
At 9:30 am
+ switch on my bluetooth and start the pebbles app to connect the watch
+ adjust screen brightness to 10% and set sound profile to silent
at 2 pm (lunch time)
+ switch the profile to normal so that I can pick calls
at 2:30 pm
+switch back to silent profile
at 5pm
+ switch off bluetooth, close pebbles app
+ switch on 3g connection if battery is above 65% otherwise, stay in 2g mode
+ read out all my personal email with S-voice while I'm in the car

The app is set to note the three network mast close to my house, with the mast network number and stored because of the function below
on noticing that I am around the mast do the following:

+ switch on my wifi and connect to my home internet
+ if wifi connection is not successful, switch on 3g

those are some of the settings i've got.

There are people who use it to:

+ open the car garage door
+ set home alarm
+ switch on the heating system at home
+ switch on the kettle in the morning before going to work

Iphone cant do any of these, and the good thing is that the setting is done once and I don't bother myself with making this adjustments while on the move.

NB: I use a MB pro laptop, an ipad mini and had an iphone 4s before switching to sammy. I'm speaking from personal experience with the device

8 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
ZLUK: Ways Iphone 5S is better than Galaxy S4

1. It can be compared to Samsung Galaxy S4 ***diss to tecno users***

2. It is the fastest phone ever tested

3. S4 is too large for some of us

4. With the aluminium build of 5S, I don't have to worry about the cheapness I may feel carrying a plastic like S4

5. Don't even let me get started on TOUCH ID .... That is a killer

6. Despite the more capcity indicated on the S4, iphone 5S still lasts longer

7. Should I even mention the prone-ness of Android OS to attacks?

8. The AMOLED is sharper than the iPhone LCD on resolution specs, but not in reality

IPhone 5S fastest phone ever? Really?

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by sammyrollo: 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
aywhy93:

Yes, you need to configure it depending on which network you wanna use though... Check the configurations I have on my Tech Blog - www.stevenbergy.com.ng . You are free to ask more questions if you need help cool
I check d site but cant find how to configure it..i'm using etisalat bro and i hd converted the sim to micro sim..plz how do i make it to browse i mean the settingz
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
With that said I am enjoying my Nexus 5. It is faster than the iPhone 5S I played with. In addition, iPhone 5s is overpriced.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
jossyme: You may say whatever you like, it's your opinion. I use both platforms. I have a Macbook Pro, ipad, rocking Note 3 now. I have used iPhone 3GS,s2,note 2,. I. Kind of still prefer iPhone. My note 3 still lags with it 3GB, likewise s2. IPhone runs smoothly.

You are sure you didn't buy chinko Note 3 Even my Grand with 1gb ram doesn't lag.

3 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

You are sure you didn't buy chinko Note 3 Even my Grand with 1gb ram doesn't lag.

Lol in fairness though, Samsung does cheat on its benchmarks and Touchwiz is a lag fest. The fastest Android phone is the Nexus 5 running on ART. Benchmarks are not trustworthy. The Nexus 5 has the fastest boot up times and load times of any device.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
Try getting this score on an iPhone 5s

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by okpukmbat: 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I brought one recently. I love it.
Haba ......na dictionary
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by HARDDON: 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
@ op, nice review but do know that sg4 isn't d only phone that supports s gear. note 3 took the gear ish to another realm altogether.

by the way, it is only a tech dummy that wud go patronizing i5s

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Gabrielsylar(m): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
I use bold 3 and nothing bad has happened to me what's all this noise about.... Jobless people complicating a simple life with mobile apps....the people who created all this apps don't even use them.....kai some nigerians sucks real bad....now dat ur app wake u up from sleep how did it make u differ from pple that wake naturally
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

This one doesn't know how to lie at all, your post can only be true if you are a backward person.

well so u see i ain’t lying, here are the phones I use at d moment . . .

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by nawti(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

^
I know him personally, he owns those phones and devices.

Lynxbr I hail o
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by 3pleo: 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
LyfeJennings:

SHARRRRRRAP
i'm sure u don't av any of d devices
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
You guys have not experienced how quick and responsive Android can be until you have used a Nexus 5 with ART.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

lol I didn't say u didn't own the phones, I am talking about the review you made... lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. / GIONEE M3mini(4000mah Battery) Full Specification And Price / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.