Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't (40727 Views)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t / My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Harpic: 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
packagn...plz hw do I downgrade my s4 to android 4.2.... I upgraded to 4.3 nd itz nt workin wel in my fone
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

lol I didn't say u didn't own the phones, I am talking about the review you made... lol

The only reason i prefer the iPhone is speed !
Also d fact tht its virus free, only reason i got d Samsung is to watch football on SkyGo. Sky stopped all jailbroken phones from accessing thr services and Xcon on jailbreak isnt workin yet. Well i guess its all a thing of preference . .
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by patpeypey: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
You failed to mention one of the major flaws ( and there are many flaws trust me) is the battery issue. The battery life is SH-T! Trust me I have one and I know!

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

Also d fact tht its virus free, only reason i got d Samsung is to watch football on SkyGo. Sky stopped all jailbroken phones from accessing thr services and Xcon on jailbreak isnt workin yet. Well i guess its all a thing of preference . .

You mean Samsung phones are prone to virus or what?
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
patpeypey: You failed to mention one of the major flaws ( and there are many flaws trust me) is the battery issue. The battery life is SH-T! Trust me I have one and I know!

Not true
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
Harpic: packagn...plz hw do I downgrade my s4 to android 4.2.... I upgraded to 4.3 nd itz nt workin wel in my fone

Download official 4.2 firmware manually and flash with Odin
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
nawti:

^
I know him personally, he owns those phones and devices.

Lynxbr I hail o

Meself de hail ooo, Merry christmas. . . Sorry who’s dis . . . ?
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by franklampard082(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
ZLUK: Ways Iphone 5S is better than Galaxy S4

1. It can be compared to Samsung Galaxy S4 ***diss to tecno users***

2. It is the fastest phone ever tested

3. S4 is too large for some of us

4. With the aluminium build of 5S, I don't have to worry about the cheapness I may feel carrying a plastic like S4

5. Don't even let me get started on TOUCH ID .... That is a killer

6. Despite the more capcity indicated on the S4, iphone 5S still lasts longer

7. Should I even mention the prone-ness of Android OS to attacks?

8. The AMOLED is sharper than the iPhone LCD on resolution specs, but not in reality

You don finish?!!!
Mtchewwwww!!!
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

You mean Samsung phones are prone to virus or what?

I hv xbmc installed on both of my iPhones with loads of repositories and also play games wiv othr peeps online. Installed xbmc, with few repos on my friends S4 n in weeks he was already getting a virus alert . .
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
Let me start by saying I've been active in the IT world for quite some time(14 years to be precise). And being the geek I am, I have amusingly and closely watched most of the transformations take place both at the hardware and software level of different devices. Coming across many end users, I realize people are swayed not always by the big and important but rather, the little things that make a device perfect in their hearts.
I won't lie(like many on this forum enjoy doing) and say I own something I don't, but among my friends, are owners of S2s, S3s, S4s, Note2s, Note3s, LGs, HTC Ones etc. Sincerely, I see great machines, but the problem lies in the OS. As I said earlier on, I am fascinated not only by hardware but also and most importantly, by software.
Maybe I'm anti-Android(not anti-Samsung or anti-HTC mind you) and hope android users will forgive me. But I'd rather an iOS any day, hell, I'd rather a Windows based Nokia to any Android phone in the market. Whether HTC, Samsung, Tecno, LG, Gionee.......(Different plates, but same meal on them makes them less appealing).
Unique is the keyword and that my friends, is the reason I love my iPhone 5s with iOS 7.0.4 dearly.
I wish Oga Seun will get his people to activate device detection(haba! dis tin easy, simple JavaScript or jquery can solve this problem) on every post and/or reply and let us know which device a post is sent from. Then, we'll see the types of phones being used cos as of now, almost everyone is claiming to be using an S4 or iPhone5s, SMH.
On a final note, the entire tech world does not trust Samsung's benchmark results; they are always altered.....always.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by patpeypey: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
Picture quality:
Picture 1 is from Samsung S4
Picture 2 is Iphone 5s

3 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by haibe(m): 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
patpeypey: Picture quality:
Picture 2 is Iphone 5s

Brightness settings is obviously different in these two photos. So it's difficult to conclude.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

Don't be naive, no OS is virus free. There are Android phones out there that are as fast or faster than the iPhone (touchwiz is a failed UI implementation that is why the Note 3 is slow).

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by HARDDON: 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

well so u see i ain’t lying, here are the phones I use at d moment . . .

sorry to ask, but Uhmm do u fix phones?? or are you a phone sales person?

probably u r just but a smart window shopper? indulge me.

wink wink.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
patpeypey: Picture quality:
Picture 2 is Iphone 5s

GS4 has a much better camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXddteoA-Ms&

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Beemhan(m): 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14: I hv a samsung note3 and iphone 5s n I prefer my iPhone anytime anyday . . .
haaachuuu!

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Don't be naive, no OS is virus free. There are Android phones out there that are as fast or faster than the iPhone (touchwiz is a failed UI implementation that is why the Note 3 is slow).

I totally agree with you, but for me the iPhone suits my need and I do prefer it to the samsung note3 anytime anyday. But tht’s just my preference n opinion anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Heck my Nexus 5 has a better camera too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp6clWG-b5c&

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

I totally agree with you, but for me the iPhone suits my need and I do prefer it to the samsung note3 anytime anyday. But tht’s just my preference n opinion anyway.

Note 3 does have its flaws. If you really wanted an Android device, go for either the Nexus 5 or Sony Xperia Z1.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
HARDDON:

sorry to ask, but Uhmm do u fix phones?? or are you a phone sales person?

probably u r just but a smart window shopper? indulge me.

wink wink.

I just luv my gadgets . . . lol
They all serve thr purpose and i’m not a phone sales person, nor a window shopper, paid for thm all . . . Latest thing i just got is d apple tv, but make sure u jailbreak it. U’d thank me latter

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Beemhan(m): 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Frezhkid10: 4get all those thrash abt samsung nd iphone!!!..My TECHNO PHANTOM A+ rocks lyk mad nd I kan bet on wif any orda smartphone
wat has dis one bin smokin

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by HARDDON: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Beemhan: haaachuuu!

If a man wear 4 watches @ a time, wat adjective might we use to qualify him?

"haaachuuum" ? is that your final answer?

lol

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by HARDDON: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

They all serve thr purpose and i’m not a phone sales person, nor a window shopper, paid for thm all . . . Latest thing i just got is d apple tv, but make sure u jailbreak it. U’d thank me latter

ah, u don't just quit do u?

using one half truth to cover another ?

wor crack u on?
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Donvitalis(m): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
Just the fluidity that i get on Apple trumps all those Samsung features put together. Moreso, i just can't risk my privacy on Google Play which is notorious for leaking security details to app developers. Apple devices are top notch.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
eiknarf14:

African Americans would call you a "baller"
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
HARDDON:

ah, u don't just quit do u?

using one half truth to cover another ?

wor crack u on?

Dude . . . I dnt hv time to exchange words wiv u, I dont even hv to prove nothin to you . . .
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
aywhy93:

Bro, Samsung S3 still rocks... Thats what I also use and its very close to S4 just the 2GB RAM, 5", AirView and some slight difference
bros, d difference is huge o. trust me.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
danjuma_cse: bros, d difference is huge o. trust me.

The difference is quite large going from a GS3 to a GS4, however touchwiz is a laggy piece of Rubbish
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
Eiknarf what kind of job do you do?

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
aywhy93:

Your post just showed that you only have an iPhone 5S, you don't have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3... Who in the world will tell me He owns a Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 5S AND STILL prefer his iPhone 5S to Note 3... Stop lying Bro, Samsung Note 3 is iPhone 5S's Great Grand Father...
I tell u. d stylus is enuf 2 blow ur mind. samsung got madt tech and apple has just bin recycling things
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Donvitalis: Just the fluidity that i get on Apple trumps all those Samsung features put together. Moreso, i just can't risk my privacy on Google Play which is notorious for leaking security details to app developers. Apple devices are top notch.

You do realise that Apples app store leaks all your private information to developers as well.... Let's not be naive man. With the advent of smart phones, no one has privacy anymore. That is one of the various trade-offs to enjoy such rich and nice technology.

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198: Eiknarf what kind of job do you do?

Im a music producer, jazz pianist . . . Also direct music for a couple of artist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. / GIONEE M3mini(4000mah Battery) Full Specification And Price / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.