Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature (1638 Views)

Dear Seun , Can We Have A 'save' Feature On Nairaland / Town In Brazil Made Up Entirely Of Women Has Made An Appeal For Bachelors / Meet Your Favourite Nairalander (New Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 30, 2013
Seun: Likes will always be anonymous. This decision is final and won't be changed.

Logging profile viewers is an interesting idea, but I think we won't do it because of members might be able to guess who liked their photos if the feature is implemented, and because Nairaland is an "anonymous" forum, so the focus should be on board and topic activity, not profiles.

Governor Seun,
Please can we have our followed topics fine tuned?
Say like I want to get back to a topic I followed last year, when I checked my followed topics, I had various topics that summed up to 55pages, that's quite discouraging.
If I already know the topic was on the education section, wouldn't it be cool that I can see my followed topics only in that section or whichever section I want to search?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Frosti(m): 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
Seun, in the former version of nairaland, when a post is quoted, the date and time the post was made is affixed to that quote. This helps to easily locate which post was quoted.

Could you please implement the feature in this Nairaland 2.0?

Or even a link that could send one straight to the original post that was quoted as is obtainable in forums powered by vbulletin like Warrior Forums, etc.

Cheers! And a Merry Xmas to you.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Abbey2sam(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
Seun: Great idea; thanks! We will implement a "My Likes" feature so you can see all the posts that you have liked!

Good one @seun
Its been a while I've not seen you commented on any topic, I know this may sound absurd, can we have a real time chatting messenger?
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by 2sexyus: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
You need to see this, Seun.

https://www.nairaland.com/1323867/qualities-real-man/1#20542461

he has to be banned
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by teemy(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2014
2s£xy:
Sir Seun,

while I appreciate your contineous effort to make Nairaland a better place, I do request for 2 things which are:

1 ability to see people who like a particular post. Let it be visible to the public, - The list could be too long

2. Ability to see people who view my profile. - The list could be too long

Thank you.

Seun:

1. No.

2. Why?

An alternative could be 'Number of people who viewed my profile'.

1 Like

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
teemy: An alternative could be 'Number of people who viewed my profile'.
good idea!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by krugar07(m): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
Seun: good idea!
what is the use of "date registered-e.g 5th jan 2001" and "time spent online-e.g12yrs 10mths 17days"...how about adding "likes meter-e.g50000 likes"
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by AbuMikey(m): 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
krugar07: what is the use of "date registered-e.g 5th jan 2001" and "time spent online-e.g12yrs 10mths 17days"...how about adding "likes meter-e.g50000 likes"

I like this.

More like, how many likes You've got in all Your stay on NL

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by krugar07(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Abu Mikey:

I like this.

More like, how many likes You've got in all Your stay on NL

thats exactly what i mean. and it shuld be visible to all too.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Dannylux: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
krugar07: what is the use of "date registered-e.g 5th jan 2001" and "time spent online-e.g12yrs 10mths 17days"...how about adding "likes meter-e.g50000 likes"

Date registered and time spent are very important.

1. For liars who claim they were here before others and go about bragging around the forum.

2. This is for personal use actually. You will manage your time wisely and know how much you waste/spend each time you're on Nairaland instead of being somewhere else.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by teemy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
Seun: good idea!
Seun try this link abs see what could be imbibed on NL http://nigeria-forex.com/member.php?510-teemy
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Lifebender(m): 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Seun my brother has signed up on nairaland but cant log in with his moniker and neither can he create a new account with his email ad...pls kindly help out....
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by krugar07(m): 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Lifebender: Seun my brother has signed up on nairaland but cant log in with his moniker and neither can he create a new account with his email ad...pls kindly help out....
click on forgot password and follow the instructions. u cant use an email address to open more than one account, even if you deactivate ur account.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by 2sexyus: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
teemy:
An alternative could be 'Number of people who viewed my profile'.

okay, I think Seun should leave out the name of people who view threads or even number of viewers for no other reasons but the investigative use of the anonymous viewer. I just realised that several times, the anonymity has really help to unravel unsuspecting liars.

BUT it doesn't have to be long. Besides, it's the female profiles that would suffer the traffic more.

As for the visibility of likers, I have seen over 300 "thanked" post and still counting(though never been achieved on nairaland). It would just be aligned horizontally with each handle seperated by comma and if the lines get filled up, the next horizontal line is filled and so on.

It goes like this: The following user thanked this post (left colum)| (Right column) we have names of "likers/thankers"
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by kid7soccer(m): 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
Tanks
An0nimus:
Search for your username using local search.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 4:55am On Jan 05, 2014
So i leave for a bit and this is what happens,

2sexy? angry

oga seun abeg just implement the Fave function, before they start telling you that nairaland should be blue like Facebook to relax the nerves....

Favouriting a post denotes the level of importance of that post with is much higher than liking it...

Side Question. What happened to polls?
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 4:59am On Jan 05, 2014
2sexy.us:

As for the visibility of likers, I have seen over 300 "thanked" post and still counting(though never been achieved on nairaland). It would just be aligned horizontally with each handle seperated by comma and if the lines get filled up, the next horizontal line is filled and so on.

It goes like this: The following user thanked this post (left colum)| (Right column) we have names of "likers/thankers"

would that not consume unnecessary space? Make scrolling time longer?

That visible liking thing is going to cause a lot or controversy and e-fights.. or have you not seen where insults are thrown to "whoever liked that post"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rest Periods Are A Critical Element Of Strong Muscle Growth / 100% Soccer Predictions / Is Smoking Hookah Really Worse Than Cigarettes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.