Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? (1353 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by xynerise: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2013
After he is through with secondary school, he told you he doesn't want to go to the university, that he loves the military and he wants to join the Army. Would you give him your support, considering the fact that you can't choose a career for your children?
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by slimthugchimee(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2013
If he is not my only son and if he agreed to finish his secondary education
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by ireneidiva(f): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2013
Allow? It's not your choice to make.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by emperorchedda(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2013
slimthugchimee: If he is not my only son and if he agreed to finish his secondary education
Dude even if he is your only Child its his choice to make and not yours
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Acidosis(m): 8:19am On Dec 26, 2013
I'll not only allow him, I'll also buy him a rifle!
I am not a fan of "my child must be doc, engr etc and all that stunts.."

btw, Nigerian Defence Academy is a proper university meant for the military. Infact, they run Postgraduate programmes.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by adeoladrg(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2013
So he'll av liver and beat up his skinny Dad when they disagree later in life?? No no no.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by ogbonge9grian: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2013
If it is his choice and his ambition he has my support.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 26, 2013
Poster it seems like u don't know anythin about the military.
Why not ask.
Pple I'm sure will educate u.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by xynerise: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Poster it seems like u don't know anythin about the military.
Why not ask.
Pple I'm sure will educate u.
Pls, can you educate me?
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 26, 2013
I have no extra to give out as a robot undecided.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by xynerise: 9:17am On Dec 26, 2013
byvan: I have no extra to give out as a robot undecided.
Lol. I don't get you
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by destino24(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2013
No. He must attend a university first, before joining the military.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by emperorchedda(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2013
destino24: No. He must attend a university first, before joining the military.
The Nigeria Defence Serves (NDA) serves as a university, its even much more better than most universities
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2013
To join the US Army and gun down perpetrators like G.I Joe - Yes!

To join the Nigerian Army and combat evil spirits down in the sub sahara - Hell NO!
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Temismith(f): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2013
If dat is wat d child wants, den y not, i will just be praying for him/her.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Eragablessen(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Oh yes.....!!! wid al boldness yes, yes,, yes,,,.
op 9ja is corrupt, you're corrupt, your village heads are corrupt.

so y wount my Son loot d 9ja corrupted money?

heheheheh...
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by deols(f): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
I think so.

My brother wanted to go to NMS and we allowed him. He did not meet the required age though. He was too young and by the time he could, he'd lost interest.

The only thing you should not allow is him going as a recruit. That is like big suffer suffer. He can go to NDA or You can encourage him to finish his university education and then go for short service. That will put him on a better ranking.

I wouldn't mind the short service sef..That is so much respect and the money is quite good plus You get the good feel of serving your Nation.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Kanwulia: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
I can't encourage my children to be TRAINED KILLERS!
If they decide that as ADULTS, fine. . . .BUT NOT BY MY VOLITION!
Tufiaaaaaaaaaaaaaakwa!!!! kiss

I love people who use their brains . . . .not their mights!
I would prefer them all to be ACADEMICIANS!

Their choices of course. . . . kiss
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by deols(f): 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Not everyone in the military kills though wink
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Kanwulia: 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Direct killer vs indirect killer. . . all na the same!

If your child does not have a UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. . .joining the military only means one thing.
YOU ARE GOING TO BE A KILLING MACHINE!

Stay in school, then the military will not be an option!

How many military personnel acquire formal UNIVERSITY education?

ONLY 'OLODOS' opt for such line of work! kiss

I pray none of my kids decides to become such! AMEN!!!

TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAAKWA again!!! kiss
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Acidosis(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Kanwulia: Direct killer vs indirect killer. . . all na the same!

If your child does not have a UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. . .joining the military only means one thing.
YOU ARE GOING TO BE A KILLING MACHINE!

Stay in school, then the military will not be an option!

How many military personnel acquire formal UNIVERSITY education?

ONLY 'OLODOS' opt for such line of work! kiss

I pray none of my kids decides to become such! AMEN!!!

TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAAKWA again!!! kiss

You want your kid to become ASUU lecturer?

grin

Well, may God's plan for my children be established!

Major General Acidosis (Jnr) *kisses*

Make you kill as many as possible riff raffs and ediots on our streets.. Good boy!
grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Kanwulia: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Like I stated earlier. . .THEY GET TO MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES.

ASUU lecturer or ECOMOG RAP-IST! kiss
I made mine and I am neither!
Life is full of choices!
As long as you are fulfilled in whatever you do in life or death!

I AM LIVING MY DREAM. . . .LET THEM GO AND LIVE THEIRS! cool
My father and mother had THEIR DREAMS FOR ME. . . I SAID NO! kiss
I chose MY OWN WAY!
I will always live and die a happiEST woman!!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D6zNX987wg
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
His choice , he will live with it.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by skydeep(f): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
xynerise: After he is through with secondary school, he told you he doesn't want to go to the university, that he loves the military and he wants to join the Army. Would you give him your support, considering the fact that you can't choose a career for your children?
Why not? tongue
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by addictiv(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
I would gladly encourage him or her. Wish my folks did the same for me when I wanted to attend NDA to join the navy.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University? by Dannylux: 12:03am On Dec 27, 2013
Absolutely! That was what my parents wanted for me. NDA, not the short training type oh. lol
But getting in wasn't easy.. in a different line presently.

(1) (Reply)

Guys And Money / How To Pepare For A Newly Born Baby / A 5 Year Old Innocent Question To His MUM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.