Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Off My Mind - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Off My Mind (812 Views)

A Speck Of My Mind!!! / My Mind...crystal Clear. Compilation Of Swiftboy's Blogposts! / Two Things On My Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
So, I'm bored.
I've surfed through all sections on nairaland and I pretty much still don't know what to do so I want to write a story off the top of my head just for the sake of it and so here I am in the literature section.
I'm not a writer so don't expect too much.
#justhavingfun
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
Here goes nothing.......
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
*grin grin grin*

Mr Chike reaches over to his pocket to pick his call...................

"Hello, Folawe, got any new info?"
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
The reply was almost inaudible.............

"Sir, don't.................."

*blam blam*

The phone goes dead
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
"Hello! Folawe, are you still there?"

Mr Chike was in a state of frenzy now............

"what could have happened to her?"

"was she just shot?"

"oh, God, Folawe"

He rushes in to his car, starts the engine....................
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
*ka-boom*

Chike's car had been blown into a million pieces with him inside.

On the other side of the road, a passer-by is on the phone.

"it is done sir!! that loudmouth has met his demise"
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
*sirens blaring*

"This is nairaland news and we are here live at the scene of the car blast............. ..................
words reaching us indicate that the victim of this explosion was Mr Chike Okenigwe, editor-in-chief of one of the biggest news outlet in Nigeria, the daily truth.................
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
72 hours earlier

"This is goldmine! great job"

This was the voice of Chike Okenigwe, a man who was just getting into his late twenties.

Now, for a man his age, Chike had pretty much experienced a lot in his life......................

Dumped by his mother in a trash can when he was only a month old and left for dead...........

Rescued by a government agency for motherless babies......

Moved from one foster home to the other.........

But all this came to shape him into a very strong individual........

And through hard work and perseverance, he rose from the gutters to become a very important man...

From his humble beginnings as an investigative journalist, he worked up the ladder until he became top dog at the daily truth news outlet.

And he had just gotten an important information that would put business tycoon, Adepetrol oyel-ole behind bars.........
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
So, gurus, how am I doing so far?
I know, I suck right?
Insults, criticism and "good" comments are welcome.

This thing no be beans o
Re: Off My Mind by Ishilove: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Manhunter™:
So, gurus, how am I doing so far?
I know, I suck right?
Insults, criticism and "good" comments are welcome.

This thing no be beans o
Lol. You suck, alright, but you suck in a good way. You suck in a 'he has potentials' kinda way wink.

It seems the blasting of Dele Giwa inspired you grin
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. You suck, alright, but you suck in a good way. You suck in a 'he has potentials' kinda way wink.

It seems the blasting of Dele Giwa inspired you grin
Thanks, I guess, and no, Dele Giwa didn't inspire me. This here is actually about vengeance and justice and since I'm just making it up as I go along, you can expect a lot of unexpected twists.
Re: Off My Mind by Ishilove: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
Manhunter™:
Thanks, I guess, and no, Dele Giwa didn't inspire me. This here is actually about vengeance and justice and since I'm just making it up as I go along, you can expect a lot of unexpected twists.
Since you'll be making it up along the way, remember to always backtrack before each post in order to make sure the plot is orderly and storyline coordinated.
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 4:14am On Dec 27, 2013
Ishilove:
Since you'll be making it up along the way, remember to always backtrack before each post in order to make sure the plot is orderly and storyline coordinated.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2013
Manhunter™:
72 hours earlier

"This is goldmine! great job"

This was the voice of Chike Okenigwe, a man who was just getting into his late twenties.

Now, for a man his age, Chike had pretty much experienced a lot in his life......................

Dumped by his mother in a trash can when he was only a month old and left for dead...........

Rescued by a government agency for motherless babies......

Moved from one foster home to the other.........

But all this came to shape him into a very strong individual........

And through hard work and perseverance, he rose from the gutters to become a very important man...

From his humble beginnings as an investigative journalist, he worked up the ladder until he became top dog at the daily truth news outlet.

And he had just gotten an important information that would put business tycoon, Adepetrol oyel-ole behind bars.........
Chike was elated, a few days ago he had sent his best investigative journalist, Folawe on an important assignment.
Mr Adepetrol, the big business tycoon was meeting up with top scientists and military personnel at his secret base. A drunk Adepetrol had told this to Folawe who was posing as a prostitute.
For years, Adepetrol had tried unsuccessfully to overthrow the government and install himself as supreme leader of Sogal city.
He always failed as his plans weren't well thought out but after many years of failing, he had finally found a way to succeed with his plans..........
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
........ Aaaaannnndddd I give up.

The End?
Re: Off My Mind by qweenaxx(f): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Manhunter™:
........ Aaaaannnndddd I give up.

The End?

U well so? angry angry
Re: Off My Mind by ManhunterTM(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
qweenaxx:

U well so? angry angry
aaaw, miss Queenax, what sort of question is that? I don tire, writing a story is too tasking. Kudos to those who have great story telling talent.

(1) (Reply)

The Night Before / Happy Diwali Sms In Tamil | Diwali Sms Wishes In Telgu / Twelve Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.