Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,600 members, 7,955,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Nigerian Afro Ninja - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Nigerian Afro Ninja (2490 Views)

NINJA (Traitor's Blade) / The Afro Sushi / An Insightful View Of The Nigerian Psyche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
"you have to recover it before it falls into the wrong hands". The short man cut in. "and kill han bu kiwon as a bonus". We talked for another eight minutes.i picked my briefing kit on my way out.i am to leave at 0600hrs.i rode off towards my house,i am to get some rest before i depart.my mind kept thinking about just one thing revenge.this mission was personal to me.kill or be killed,one way or the other i was going to go after my sensei's killer.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
CHAPTER THREE- JAPAN, 1995 AT that time when i was much younger my family barely had enough to even feed themselves.as in,poverty na our first name that year.my father sold his land in the village,and as his first son the money was used to send me abroad.i had an uncle in japan who i stayed with.japan was where my life took a turn for the better,abi for the worst.but thats where it all changed for me.the normal way for us blacks living in foreign countries where to stay indoors,time when to sneak out to avoid the watchful eyes of the police.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by TheSoothSayer(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
So far, so good.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 12:44am On Dec 30, 2013
after my uncle has left the house that day to his work as a toilet cleaner i sneaked out.i was 15yrs old and never know how e dey go for the streets of tokyo.i hailed a taxi and asked him to take me to the city square.there where two other people at the back of the taxi.i was suprised to see people sharing the taxi with me,but for all those oyinbo film wey i dey watch na usually just a person to a taxi.i squeezed in between them.about an hours time the driver took the taxi into a secluded alley way.one of the men quickly produced a short pistol and pressed it on my ribs.my heart jumped up instantly.mogbe!! I don enter one chance for abroad o.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 30, 2013
jonsin:

Abeg share with me, mine is finished
Here.... Have some bruv... Feel free grin
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 30, 2013
One of the men quickly produced a short pistol and pressed it on my ribs.my heart jumped up instantly.mogbe!! I don enter one chance for abroad o...

Lmao.... Oyibo turn u mugu.... TOKgidi grin grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2013
"oya bring the money fast fast". The other said rapidly.nor be pidgin this oyinbo dey blow so?. I managed to catch a glimpse of the guy that spoke the pidgin,oboy this guy was a proper naija boy.he just fair well well,as in he use style escape abino small. I gave them the cash on me,i no fit come abroad come die like this na."you get luck say you co-operate.na bullet you for just chop ". They roughly flung me out of the taxi,as i lay on the dirty ground the abino addressed me, "ogbeni shine your eye.here rugged pass naija ". The driver fired the engine,and shot off spraying water from the little puddle on my body. I just couldn't believe what had just happened to me. Where will i go to now?
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 8:51am On Dec 30, 2013
i wiped my body with my hankerchief.the sun was high up shining and seriously beating the hell out of me. Abroad was turning into a nightmare for me o. I made use of leggides benz to move around trying to go back the way i came occassionally going for cover anytime i saw a policeman.in one of this my hide and seek mata,i come enter were i no suppose to.there where five gun weilding men chasing one man.at the sight of guns i quickly jumped for cover,in the normal naija way.i spyed this interesting scene from my hiding position.the man being chased was clad in complete black with a balaclava over his face,holding a katana in his right hand.this one no be naija wey i dey see so ?. They were catching up with him and he knew that.He stopped to face them,unsheated his sword.the sword was a thing of beauty with its blue handle,it was also longer in size from the normal katana,the sword was smooth and shone like it was brand new as it glittered in the sun.the men raised their heavy weapons to shoot but he was in their mist before they could even speak he was moving with God-like speed.the katana slashed an arm,in a microsecond it went for the jugular of another man.the ninja grabbed the head of one man and smashed it with force on anothers groin.i heard a crap and it with was all over for him.the last man had the sense to step out from the killing ground.for the guy to find him way,he opened fire,the ninja deflected the bullets with his sword and while doing so ran towards the man.the man produced his own sword from nowhere and engaged the ninja in a fierce battle. The corner of my eye caught a figure rising from the ground,he had been knocked out and now he was reaching for a rifle on the ground.he was going to kill the ninja who had his back to him.i saw a need to help him,but how?. He raised his weapon and took aim,i had no time to think.i just removed my shoe and hurled it at him.the shoe hit him on the side of head as he squeezed the trigger,the gun wavered to one side,thd shot rang out and the bullet richoeted as it missed the ninja by an airs breath.the man angrily turned and faced my direction.raised the weapon up and aimed.jesu! Who send me massage to help.na so i wan die ?. From frying pan to fire.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by faithgokz(f): 9:57am On Dec 30, 2013
Lolz. The combination of the pidgin and good english is superb. D last update is so funny grin
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2013
I felt a sharp pain in my stomach as the first bullet struck home.chai!! Na so e wan end for me?. I held my bleeding stomach tight and squinted as the second bullet hit my shoulder blade.i went down,with my back to the ground.i watched with fustration as the man raised his gun to finish me off.i closed my eyes and brazed myself for death praying my last under my breath.i heard something land at my side,when i opened one eye to see what it was.it was the head of the man that had second ago shot me.i smiled at this.atleast i was not the only one going to Hell today.the last thing i saw was the ninja peering over me before my eyes finally shut close.so na hell fire be final bus stop now.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2013
when i woke up i was in a dark room looking up at the ceiling.i was in hell,but i no dey see fire.abi hellfire get part two wey fire no dey.maybe devil neva show.the wound at my stomach and shoulder pained me still.na wa o,atleast dem suppose heal the wound for me na before ma punishment start. "you are awake". A thick voice in accented english said from within the darkness.kai! Devil don finally show. There was a flip at the wall and there was light.standing there in front of me was a slim tall man,with long hair tied at the back.he looked like someone in his 40s.there was a long scar running from the side of his ear to the moustache. " am i in hell ?" i asked. He smiled at this question and shook his head. "you are not in hell ". "then where am I ?". "you where badly injured.so i brought you here ". Yes,now i remember,i was shot by that idiot when i was doing busy body.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
i stared at him. "you are that ninja aren't you? Whats your name". "i'm kakashi.i brought you here after you were shot.thank you for saving my life.that other man could have got me there ". i need money or sometime good jor.person go chop thank you. "were is here ?" i asked enquiringly.He gave me that his weak smile again before he walked towards the door,at the door post he stood and said "rest.we will talk later". ********* later that day a pretty girl brought in my medicine.she was caucasian and seemed to be the same age as me.she too had that weak smile that even made her prettier than she looked.she let her hair fall freely to rest on her shoulders.her voice like all those cartoon characters produced by disney,sweet and intoxicating. "segun how are you doing today ?". she even knew my name,how?.I wasn't carrying any papers with me when i went out that day.she saw the confusion in my eyes and said, "I know your name segun.and not only that i know everything about you ". "who are you and how did you know all this ?". she gave me that weak smile again.she placed the medicine on the table beside me. "take this medicine before you get sick from your injuries ". I nodded and sat up to take it,as i swallowed the medicine the pain in my shoulder increased,i winced at the pain.i held my shoulder with one hand. "lie down ". She commanded and placed a hand on my shoulder to examine it.Her hands were soft and gentle to the touch,it made me relax.she had an aura about her that seemed to mesmerize and compell people to comply with her without even knowing it.Or was it just me?. "you need acupunture ". She said and reached for a bag on the table. "turn to your back" i obeyed with uttering a single word.so was her power over me. "what is your name?" i asked as she stuck the needles on certain joints in my body.the needle dey pain sha. "my name is tosuma daizo.my father is the master of this castle". "who is your father?". she smiled and massaged my muscles,i swear it felt good. "kakashi is my father.you saw him earlier". No wonder the resemblance; the piercing eyes,elongated nose and that weak smile.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Tomasu pulled out the needles and asked me to get some more rest.she also told me her father had something to discuss with me.what she didn't say.wetin he wan tell me wey person never hear before self.i watched as her back side swayed from left to right as she walked away.i later had a taste of that i tell you.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
kakashi came to the room at sundown."can you walk?" he asked me.this guy get wahala o.wey he wan cum carry me go again. "yes". I managed to say. He handed a crouth that lay idle beside the bed.this was the first time i have been out in days.the castle was suprisingly large with buildings clustered every.they were all built in ancient japanese style.persons moving about,most being men.they all bowed down to the waist as we walked past them.he took me to a large building which stood at the middle of the castle.there were guards standing wearing blue khaki's and with the katana at their side.they too bowed down to the waist as we walked past them into the building.inside there were pictures hanging on the walls of ancient paintings.they were arranged in a sequence telling a story.there were also different weapons and books and scrolls. I was fascinated by what i saw. "this is katai's castle.one of the few remaining castles in tokyo.the paintings you see here tell the story of lord katai sotario.he was the greatest ninja from the koga's clan". How that one take concern me i thought silently.he told me of the story of how lord katai became the most famous assassin in feudal japan.he took me to an open field where different men,some boys my age trained with sophisticated weapons of the ninja.some moves where just humanly impossible. "here we train men in the art of the shinobi". "what do this men do with their skills?" i asked. "thats for them to decide.give me your hand". He took it and examined it drawing a symbol across my palm. "you have been chosen segun.you will undertake training at my hand.thats your path". Thats how i became a ninja.kakashi my sensei.i was taught different tactics on killing,espionage,weapons use,disguise and to speak multiple languages.Tomasu adviced me to keep an afro to distinquish myself from other Ninjas.five years later i was recruited by an onaiwanba organization called 'RED'.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
CHAPTER FOUR- I OPENED the door to my one room apartment.i lived a very private life at the other side of town.someone had toyed with my locks.i pulled out the small dagger from my belt and crouched down,pushed open the door and went in.i could sense two persons in the room.as a ninja i had been taught to sense the presence of enemies in the dark,i also had acute hearing and many other feats.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
to be continued....
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
I heard the sound of steel leaving its scabbard.a fight in the dark was something i had done a thousand times,piece of cake.one of them attacked,i had sensed him before he brought down the sword on me.i leapt to the left,as i did so i grabbed his sword arm and twisted it.my body hand with the dagger sang deep into his chest and the body instantly faded into the night.what? The guy just disappear like that.which kind jax be this? I had the answer but it was to late the other man's sword grazed my dagger arm.i felt the blood flow from the small wound.this was no ordinary assassin,he was a BLACK SHINOBI from Idas clan.they were famous for their dark ninja practices.they could split into two and be at different places at the same time.the first man that attacked me was the shadow self sent to distract me while the real one attacked me.i had never encountered a Black ninja before.the were no ordinary ninjas.very few persons have ever survived the attack of a BLACK.thats why they where assigned with the special task of being the guardians of RING OF SIX.he didn't give me time to recover from the first attack,he threw a dart at me which i repelled with my attack.he jumped to the air and brought his sword aiming for my neck.i mistakening slipped down and the tip of sword sliced the top my afro.damn! My afro,this guy don break bottle.he came at me again with deadly furiousity .i drew back my dagger and hurled it at him.he paused to deflect it,thats when i found an opening.i kicked him in the kneel,as he buckled,i slammed my fist on his nose,i felt it crack under my knuckles.he crashed down hard to one side the sword fell from his grip.he held his bloody nose with one hand and split into two ,the real one went invicible.i wasn't going to fall for the same trick twice.i be like mumu for him eye?. I went for the pistol i hid under my pillow and fired five rounds in the air.the assassin fell down in front of me.two rounds had found their way to his chest,the remaining three to his stomach."never tamper with my afro" i said as i spat on the corpse .i quickly searched the body for any i.ds but there none.the question that puzzled me was why a BLACK NINJA would try to kill me.wahala dey ooo.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
I drove my suzuki through the heavy traffic in ikorodo to the pick-up point.the helizo was there waiting, The helizo was a special kind of plane that could move silently.because it was a stealth fighter and could not be detected by enemy radar.this is one of RED'S latest invention.its pilots were busy smoking in the bushes.there were two other men standing far away from the crew.the walked up to me as i parked my bike. 'shadow we've been waiting.what took you so long?" said one of them.he was a thick chested man with crisp of white hair on his head. "i had to take care of somethings". "like what?" he commanded.who be dis yeye man wey dey form boss for here. "and who are you?" i asked with contempt. "i'm john and that fellow over there is dexter.we will be your partners in this missions". Who was the joker? I thought. "i was never told i will have partners in this mission". "shadow you don't ask questions.you just obey orders". I løoked at him up and down before i spat at his feet. "go eat sh*t.just stay out of my way and i will consider not killing you". There was rage in his eyes as he snarled at me.how eyes locked in one deadly motion.when the time came i was going to enjoy killing this clown and i know the feeling is mutual.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
We entered the town of tukumbe at night.tukumbe is partly covered by water.it is a hotspot crawling with rebels that fought against the congolian military government led by major matuke sakano.there were always gun battles in this lands atleast once a day.if we were caught by the rebels we are dead,if by the military we are equally dead.either way there was danger everywhere.our disguise for entering this country was as journalist from the United Nations.atleast that way we had a chance of survival.the helizo reduced its speed to 40 knots,at lowered to 50fts almost touching the high currents of the river.we jumped down in unison bracing ourselves as we hit the cold water.the currents pushed me hard but i was trained for this kind of situation.the water made my hands numb as i swarm towards the river bank with the other two behind me.when we got to the bank we swiftly stripped out of our wet clothes which we tucked in the pack bags we brought with us.we where soon in our clothes as reporters.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
There is just one word to describe the village of suotwu."poor!. Suotwu is one of the few villages located at the south of tukumbe.there huts with thatched roofs everywhere.children with kwashokor gathered in another corner looking at us.if you see dis children belly ehnn,e jus be like pregnant women own.i caught a quick glance at one kin zobo lanky dog eating a childs sh*t at the side of one abandoned hu t.if that dog bite person,na straight,strong disease be that o.as we reached the end of the village a man with shorts and a t-shirt approached us, "welicum to suotwu.hope you get safe journey". He said in the worst english i have ever heard.we nodded. "i,soloman.i be show you road and help you speak language". He smiled as he said this.the guy teeth yellow like person wey never ever brush for life.there was no time to waste on formalities,john ordered him to take us to the river where we were to cross to the other village.solomon led the way down a sloping narrow,bushy pathway.the mission had finally begun.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2013
Louie pls don't disappoint.... I'm. Seriously following. Nice creativity. Ur thinking outside the box of the usual naija stories I read here on NL... Wish Nollywood could do dsame and make it ve the kinda quality "Jacobs cross"( shown on DSTV ) has.... Twill really be a step up... Ope other writers can see what thinking out of the box entails A Nigerian story Buh action packed like what is only likely to be seen in foreign movies.... Louie.... TWALE for you... *doffing my hat*... I love ur multiple updates as well... Keep it this way.... cool
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by jonsin(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
FLYGERIAN91: Here.... Have some bruv... Feel free grin

Thanks
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by rapmike(m): 12:39am On Jan 01, 2014
'My name is kakashi'. Kakashi kor, Hatake ni.

Nyc story, i may jst advice dat u may space out ur work a little bit more, it helps with the reading.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 2:00am On Jan 01, 2014
rapmike: 'My name is kakashi'. Kakashi kor, Hatake ni.

Nyc story, i may jst advice dat u may space out ur work a little bit more, it helps with the reading.
thank you.i will tk dat into consideration.
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 2:02am On Jan 01, 2014
FLYGERIAN91: Louie pls don't disappoint.... I'm. Seriously following. Nice creativity. Ur thinking outside the box of the usual naija stories I read here on NL... Wish Nollywood could do dsame and make it ve the kinda quality "Jacobs cross"( shown on DSTV ) has.... Twill really be a step up... Ope other writers can see what thinking out of the box entails A Nigerian story Buh action packed like what is only likely to be seen in foreign movies.... Louie.... TWALE for you... *doffing my hat*... I love ur multiple updates as well... Keep it this way.... cool
flygerian ur words of encouragement hv pushed me to do more.thank u
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by louie3(m): 2:04am On Jan 01, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U ALL.i hope u've been enjoying the story so far.hv a gud 2014
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Louie Tsup ?? I just checked ur thread today and noticed u ve not updated since d last update.... Brotherly... The fact that people don't comment doesn't mean they aren't reading... Guess u ve seen the work done by glowingscenes? Chocolates and sushi to be precise.... Well, I can tell you that story didn't just spring up and immediately, gained popularity.... It most definitely took Glow time for her story to gain the audience it did... My advice is that you keep writing and as ur write up goes on,people will get to start seeing it and then get to start waiting in a line for ur regular updates.... Please... Nuff said.... Now can I have my updates?? Don't ruin this reading for me abeg...
Re: The Nigerian Afro Ninja by rapmike(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
Guy... since... UPDATE!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction / This Forum Is Too Dull. Are Nigerians Not Poem Loving People? / Six Books Shortlisted For Karaye Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.