Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,535 members, 7,958,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. (18827 Views)

Army Recovers Arms In A Coffin At A Checkpoint (Photos) / Father Of Two, Tortured To Death At Sokoto Checkpoint By Policemen (Pictured) / Mad Man Rapes DELSU Student At ATM Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by reganvida: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2013
Nigerian Soldiers in Katsina State on Thursday opened fire on a commercial vehicle with reg. number AY504KTN, killing one of the passengers, a student of the Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic in the

city. Capt. Ikedichi Iweha, the JTF spokesman in the state, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Katsina.

Iweha said that the soldiers opened fire on the vehicle when the driver attempted to beat a military checkpoint at Batagarawa area of the state.

Iweha confirmed said that one of the passengers in the vehicle was hit and that he died instantly.

The JTF spokesman said that the affected driver had been arrested while the vehicle had been impounded by the army.

Iweha said that investigation into the incident has also commenced.

Meanwhile, a witness, who pleaded anonymity, told newsmen that the driver allegedly attempted to overtake a truck at the checkpoint.

The witness said that the deceased was later identified as Umar Ali, 22, a National Diploma II student of Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina.

According to the witness, the deceased was travelling along with his friends to Minna, Niger, for a wedding ceremony when the incident occurred.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152132-soldiers-kill-passenger-check-point-katsina.html
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2013
"they leave sorrow, tears and blood. . .their regular trademark!"
-Baba Fela

33 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Jayses(m): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2013
Pathetic
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Swaggot00(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2013
God bless nigeria. this is one of the billon reasons why my hustling niggas wont go back home .. i love this lyrics dunno the name of the group but i know they are group artist based in nigeria *as for me i go take broom' sweep my upper room lock myself i no go see the sun or moon no need for spoon' i no go chop' i go fast morning and afternoon' people go assume say i meet my doom inside my room....... '*

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by ViKtor1094(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
"they leave sorrow, tears and blood. . .their regular trademark!"
-Baba Fela

What do u expect from them?? They should wait to confirm that d passengers are not suicide bombers after they detonate the explosives they are carrying? why will anybody in his sane mind try to jump a military checkpoint?
I feel bad for the victim but u can't blame the soldiers for what happened.

20 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Hadone(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by pappilo(m): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2013
ViKtor1094:

What do u expect from them?? They should wait to confirm that d passengers are not suicide bombers after they detonate the explosives they are carrying? why will anybody in his sane mind try to jump a military checkpoint?

Your brain has been militarized.

14 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by bright007(f): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2013
Trigger-happy soldiers.
may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by bufness(m): 10:44am On Dec 27, 2013
dey asked for it angry

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Sunymoore(m): 10:44am On Dec 27, 2013
RIP bros
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 27, 2013
The soldier was just over reactive based on the security challenges in the North.

RIP to the deceased.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by busky101(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2013
Swaggot00: God bless nigeria. this is one of the billon reasons why my hustling niggas wont go back home .. i love this lyrics dunno the name of the group but i know they are group artist based in nigeria *as for me i go take broom' sweep my upper room lock myself i no go see the sun or moon no need for spoon' i no go chop' i go fast morning and afternoon' people go assume say i meet my doom inside my room....... '*
hope say u sabi pray? Cos u go pray sote messi win grammy award

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by victorazy(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2013
Swaggot00: God bless nigeria. this is one of the billon reasons why my hustling niggas wont go back home .. i love this lyrics dunno the name of the group but i know they are group artist based in nigeria *as for me i go take broom' sweep my upper room lock myself i no go see the sun or moon no need for spoon' i no go chop' i go fast morning and afternoon' people go assume say i meet my doom inside my room....... '*

Na "the pous" be their name
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by busky101(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2013
hope say u sabi pray? Cos u go pray sote messi win grammy award
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 27, 2013
Why try to beat a military checkpoint in any northern state at this time of terror in Nigeria, is just like committing suicide.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by dwittyc0der(f): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by simplyOJ(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2013
The driver should know better. Those areas are security threat; if you as a driver tries to play smart, you may not live to tell the story. My heart goes to the departed.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by BUSHHUNTER: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2013
That soldier must be Jail for Life......why must he open fire on innocent soul.....

Zombies No Get Kontrol o Na Jorojara joro In FeLa Voice
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Ruq: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2013
I fuckin hate them. I don't know what drill they pass on to them in the military but they should try very hard to drill into them that because other citizens are not in the military doesn't mean we are lesser citizens and they see us as if we're are not part of the nation.
We understand that in cases of extreme emergency they are the ones we will summon but taking unnecessary actions in situations that could have been treated with common sense shows that most of them love to exercise power even when it doesn't warrant.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Aspetta(f): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2013
That was very harsh on the part of the soldiers. Did the driver have a skeleton in his cupboard? No one will do a thing about this matter. Just watch...
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by patriotic007: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2013
They can kill innocent students but cant kill all the boko harams troubling the north?..that soldier should be courtmarshalled immediately..
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by adezjamz(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2013
As always, no human feelings

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Davo93(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm... Very unfortunate incidence. Obviously, the driver was reckless and should be made to face the full music.

To blame the army may be difficult here considering the security atmosphere in that region and the way the driver acted. Nevertheless, our security men are sometimes crazy at handling their arms.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2013
Peeps...I just hav only bt 2 questions to ask...Is this shootin nd killin in the north realy the way førward?...IS naija,truely the LAND OF PEACE AND UNITY...?
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Tsmooth1(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2013
ViKtor1094:

God punish your Papa.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by zuma4k(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2013
. OMG
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by thiefnubu(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2013
so the driver was trying to play james bond at a military checkpoint in that volatile region.... the driver, not the army, should be held accountable for that boy's death... where him dey run go?

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by lincolnj88: 10:56am On Dec 27, 2013
grin I dnt feel good..... But my trigger happy...@2 chainz
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by 01mcfadden(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2013
A reasonable person will never beat army security point,expecialy in the north where things happen.
Rip to the dead!
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by passionate88: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2013
People go start to blame the soldier man alone, leavin d driver. Wetin go make a sane driver overtake another vehicle for checkpoint?.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2013
ViKtor1094:

remember this is KATSINA not KANO, BORNO or YOBE states
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Nastydroid(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2013
his aim of shooting was to stop the bus right?..buh will the bus stop moving by shooting at the body..no be im tyre he suppose shoot...awon oloshi...R.I.P to the dead

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

48-Year-Old Businessman Who Was Kidnapped In Bayelsa Regains Freedom (Photos) / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment / Customs Seizes Sex Enhancing Drugs, Indian Hemp Worth N126m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.