Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,079 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) (3879 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Work On-going At 2nd Niger Bridge (video Proof) / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by biodunid: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2013
FG Reviews Cost of Second Niger Bridge

The federal government has begun negotiations with contractors handling the construction of the second Niger Bridge at Onitsha, Anambra State, with a view to securing a reduction in the cost of the project.
Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, said the negotiations for a reduction in the cost of the bridge were necessitated by the fact that the exact figures for building the bridge, whose groundbreaking would be done soon, were now known.
He spoke in Abuja at the inauguration of the skywalk bridge connecting Blocks A and B of the ministry, and named Oziegbe, after him.
According to the initial contract terms, the contractor, Julius Berger along with its partner in the consortium, are to invest N100 billion while the federal government will bring 30 percent in equity [/b]that will come from money made available by the Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P).
The construction giant mobilised equipment to the site in July for preliminary work pending the finalisation of the contract for the bridge and its approach road estimated at 12.4 kilometres, [b]with the bridge alone having a length of 1.8 kilometres.

“The second Niger Bridge has now been fully designed,” Onolememen told reporters in Abuja. “Now that the numbers are known, we are negotiating it downwards on the basis of our own objectives and financial plans, in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Finance. We will soon do the groundbreaking.”
He added that the federal government was seeking to raise $2 billion from the private sector in the next two years to enable it undertake the funding of road construction projects nationwide since it could not provide the needed funds.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-reviews-cost-of-second-niger-bridge/167398/

1 Like

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by biodunid: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2013
And this is all the SE has to show for voting 99% for GEJ? A bridge owned by JB which is itself significantly owned by LASG (Yorubas)? At 1.8km this bridge is a fraction of the 11km TMB which my inlaws like to compare it with and at just two lanes per side, from what the rendering shows, it is only half as wide. At N100b it will cost less than the rebuilding of Lagos – Ibadan, half the cost of Abuja – Kano and less than a quarter the final cost of East – West roads which are all funded 100% by the FGN which can’t afford to pay more than 30% for the SNB. Abi some powerful daughters of the land are the ‘private investors’ mentioned in the story? When Tinubu was found to have some connection with the company constructing Lekki rd the whole world reverberated with the news and lawsuits flew all over the place but no one is bothering to ask the obvious questions in this case. Is this what Republicanism means?

7 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by MANGAM(m): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2013
Every govt ceremony in Nigeria is ground breaking
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Garrithe1st: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2013
Misleading title
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2013
Until Ibo people come of age politically, take their destiny into their hands, the construction of the Second Niger Bridge will remain a mirage. It is now a symbol of presidential election campaign aimed at getting Ibo votes.

5 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by obitwo: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2013
And BRF was castigated for building the best bridge ever and tolling it

The Lekki-Ikoyi,bridge is longer, finer and less expensive than the 2NB

My oga@dTop, Geeez once said pako bridge builders should invest in this. Maybe the 3NB

5 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Jman06(m): 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
biodunid: And this is all the SE has to show for voting 99% for GEJ? A bridge owned by JB which is itself significantly owned by LASG (Yorubas)? At 1.8km this bridge is a fraction of the 11km TMB which my inlaws like to compare it with and at just two lanes per side, from what the rendering shows, it is only half as wide. At N100b it will cost less than the rebuilding of Lagos – Ibadan, half the cost of Abuja – Kano and less than a quarter the final cost of East – West roads which are all funded 100% by the FGN which can’t afford to pay more than 30% for the SNB. Abi some powerful daughters of the land are the ‘private investors’ mentioned in the story? When Tinubu was found to have some connection with the company constructing Lekki rd the whole world reverberated with the news and lawsuits flew all over the place but no one is bothering to ask the obvious questions in this case. Is this what Republicanism means?
Southeasterners are supporting GEJ not for selfish interests but for the fact that his administration is transforming every part of Nigeria not just southeast. It might interest you to know that apart from the SNB, Jonathan's administration has successfully reconstructed the enugu/ph express way which used to be a death trap, upgraded Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu to international standard, revamped ph/maiduguri railline cutting across the southeast,built independent power plants to boost power supply in the east;i have enjoyed steady power supply since i came home for xmas, among other projects which the FG is executing in the southeast. From the tune of your post, i knew it was meant to destroy the overwhelming support which the Jonathan's administration has enjoyed from the south east, but be warned that southeasterners are smarter than you can ever be,and so would not be misguided by posts like yours.

23 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Jman06: Southeasterners are supporting GEJ not for selfish interests but for the fact that his administration is transforming every part of Nigeria not just southeast. It might interest you to know that apart from the SNB, Jonathan's administration has successfully reconstructed the enugu/ph express way which used to be a death trap, upgraded Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu to international standard, revamped ph/maiduguri railline cutting across the southeast,built independent power plants to boost power supply in the east;i have enjoyed steady power supply since i came home for xmas, among other projects which the FG is executing in the southeast. From the tune of your post, i knew it was to meant destroy the overwhelming suppot which the Jonathan's administration has enjoyed from the south east, but be warned that southeasterners are smarter than you can ever be,and so would not be misguided by posts like yours.

Fear God....

Stop blatant lie....

This is purely an Igbo-centered govt.

1 Like

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy:

Fear God....

Stop blatant lie....

An ibo-centered government that finds it difficult to build the most important/strategic bridge in the south east region, which will soon collapse any time soon. An ibo-centered government that will sack a performing ibo minister- prof Bath Nnaji and retain a corrupt ibo kleptocrat- Stealer oduah

1 Like

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by fabulous4u: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy:

Fear God....

Stop blatant lie....

fool!!! one minute APC e*goats are saying the s/e has gained nothing from the fg next minute they change the song to this is a s/e centered government. you guys are just hypocrites but no matter how hard u try you can never stop the transformation train.
fresh air till 2019

15 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by fabulous4u: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: An ibo-centered government that finds it difficult to build the most important/strategic bridge in the south east region, which will soon collapse any time soon. An ibo-centered government that will sack a performing ibo minister- prof Bath Nnaji and retain a corrupt ibo kleptocrat- Stealer oduah
its only a matter of time before your hate for the Igbo people drives u mad

2 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by fabulous4u: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: An ibo-centered government that finds it difficult to build the most important/strategic bridge in the south east region, which will soon collapse any time soon. An ibo-centered government that will sack a performing ibo minister- prof Bath Nnaji and retain a corrupt ibo kleptocrat- Stealer oduah
its only a matter of time before your hate for the Igbo people drives u insane
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
fabulous4u:
fool!!! one minute APC e*goats are saying the s/e has gained nothing from the fg next minute they change the song to this is a s/e centered government. you guys are just hypocrites but no matter how hard u try you can never stop the transformation train.
fresh air till 2019

You have no any other party to run to....all your aspirations in Nigeria in the short-run is resting squarely on an Ijaw man.

You are the pillar of his administration.....so for GEJ and Ibos..it's a tale of rub-my-back...I rub yours.

Igbos collectively haven't gained anything outside promises ..but Ibos are willing to go to war over GEJ...why?
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by biodunid: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
If FGN has only 30% of the investment in the bridge leaving 70% to JB and its unknown 'private investors' how is the title wrong? Or isn't the majority owner also commonly described as the owner? I just hope it won't turn out that the 'private investor' is Tinubu grin

Garri the 1st: Misleading title
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Jman06(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
ilugunboy:

You have no any other party to run to....all your aspirations in Nigeria in the short-run is resting squarely on an Ijaw man.

You are the pillar of his administration.....so for GEJ and Ibos..it's a tale of rub-my-back...I rub yours.

Igbos collectively haven't gained anything outside promises ..but Ibos are willing to go to war over GEJ...why?
Why are you crying louder than the bereaved? Why do you find it so hard to stomach the fact that igbos in their wisdom have refused to abandon GEJ because he's from a minority tribe? If from your miniaturized mind you think GEJ is not doing enough for the Southeast, then why not let the igbos worry about that? Like i said earlier, GEJ's transformation programmes cut accross every region of the country, just that some of you ungrateful lots in the southwest have choosen to turn blind eyes to the various developmental projects of GEJ's administration in your region,obviously due to your inordinate desire to establish and control an APC-led federal government with the aim of perpetuating yourselves in public offices as was the case before now. However, i want to assure you that all the APC antics will fail. Just keep your fingers crossed and watch the collapse of APC in 2014.

4 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by saintneo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
all these CAD pictures .... Abeg

vote Keshi https://www.nairaland.com/1570350/espnfc-keshi-among-world-best
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
Jman06: Why are you crying louder than the bereaved? Why do you find it so hard to stomach the fact that igbos in their wisdom have refused to abandon GEJ because he's from a minority tribe? If from your miniaturized mind you think GEJ is not doing enough for the Southeast, then why not let the igbos worry about that? Like i said earlier, GEJ's transformation programmes cut accross every region of the country, just that some of you ungrateful lots in the southwest have choosen to turn blind eyes to the various developmental projects of GEJ's administration in your region, obviously due to your inordinate desire to establish and control an APC-led federal government with the aim of perpetuating yourselves in public offices as was the case before now. However, i want to assure you that all the APC antics will fail. Just keep your fingers crossed and watch the collapse of APC in 2014.

Though your written English is awful...I still got the essentials in your comment...however I love specifics...from the top of your head, kindly mention something tangible a Yoruba man should be grateful to GEJ for....a legacy project or the so-called developmental project for the Yorubas.
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Akpaife(m): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wht happen 2 the 1st bridge? abeg make we hear sometina,igbos need international airport n seaport nt 2nd niger bridge,them should forget dat one 4 now igbos r nt d only tribe dat use dat bridge even Niger delta use d bridge so let them nt bother....
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by asha80(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Akpa ife: Wht happen 2 the 1st bridge? abeg make we hear sometina,igbos need international airport n seaport nt 2nd niger bridge,them should forget dat one 4 now igbos r nt d only tribe dat use dat bridge even Niger delta use d bridge so let them nt bother....
Akpa ife: Wht happen 2 the 1st bridge? abeg make we hear sometina,igbos need international airport n seaport nt 2nd niger bridge,them should forget dat one 4 now igbos r nt d only tribe dat use dat bridge even Niger delta use d bridge so let them nt bother....
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Malawian(m): 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2013

akpa amu, we need a second bridge to connect us with the rest of you lot, or dont you want one nigeria again?

1 Like

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Malawian:

akpa amu, we need a second bridge to connect us with the rest of you lot, or dont you want one nigeria again?

Naiwalam......why are you avoiding me?
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
fabulous4u:
I AM A LUNATIC IBO THAT JUST GOT LOOSED FROM THE PSYCHIATRY
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
If the rumour in town that JB would construct the bridge with its money, and then take tolls, it will be wrong for any person to give the glory to the FG, but Nigerians.
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by biodunid: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
This one no be rumour o but a statement from the Works Minister himself.

Orlando Owoh: If the rumour in town that JB would construct the bridge with its money, and then take tolls, it will be wrong for any person to give the glory to the FG, but Nigerians.
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by aljharem(m): 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
The same jb that is owned by odua investment, tinubu and Lagos state. Smh so tolls will be going to the same people you ;Dhate

1 Like

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Pukkah: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Jman06: Southeasterners are supporting GEJ not for selfish interests but for the fact that his administration is transforming every part of Nigeria not just southeast. It might interest you to know that apart from the SNB, Jonathan's administration has successfully reconstructed the enugu/ph express way which used to be a death trap, upgraded Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu to international standard, revamped ph/maiduguri railline cutting across the southeast,built independent power plants to boost power supply in the east;i have enjoyed steady power supply since i came home for xmas, among other projects which the FG is executing in the southeast. From the tune of your post, i knew it was meant to destroy the overwhelming support which the Jonathan's administration has enjoyed from the south east, but be warned that southeasterners are smarter than you can ever be,and so would not be misguided by posts like yours.

While I won't comment on the veracity of the other parts of your post but the highlighted part is a lie.

There is no airport in Nigeria that is up to international standard.

And if that one is a lie, how reliable are the other parts of your post?

2 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by shineeye: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
another headache again oooh yyibos no no no not the second niger bridge

this one na another headache for 2014 aaaaahhhh yyibos again oluko jesu!!! cheesy
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by aljharem(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
^^^ I think mmia is getting there when leaving Nigeria grin but when arriving, it's a totally different case
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by oilsuop: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
alj harem: The same jb that is owned by odua investment, tinubu and Lagos state. Smh so tolls will be going to the same people you ;Dhate
so JB na that ibo woman own am this ibo people sad
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by aljharem(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Igbos you can't keep hating others and think all will be fine. Now you need Julius Berger Nigeria ask yourselves who the owners are and you will see that you cannot do everything yourself. This is why we do not throw stone at a market place because it may hit our relatives.

Jb will build it so long as 60-70% goes to the,owners. Also it Must be toll at a rate of 2000 naira per pass for the next 50 years.

I love my se governors. They are the best. smiley

4 Likes

Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by aljharem(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
oil suop: so JB na that ibo woman own am this ibo people sad

Which woman. I am talking about shares of ownership in jb Nigeria
Re: JB To Own 2nd Niger Bridge (picture) by Brimmie(m): 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
JB should toll that shyte!! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has Gej Really Done For The South East / Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria / The Organised Scam Called Naptin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.