Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:46 PM

Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? (1428 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Public Universities: These are universities that are been funded by either federal or state govt.
Private Universities: These are varsities that are been funded by private individuals.
1. Public varsities usually embark on strike while Private ones does not
2. The former is lesser(less expensive) than the latter
3. There is high exams malpractises in the forme than the latter.
Kindly share ur own view about the motion....
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by sample042(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
Be specific on the criteria
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by enigmagu1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
4.9 is easy in latter bt diff in former.....

1 Like

Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Sodiq3(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
lucrownt:
3. There is high exams malpractises in the forme than the latter.
You Must be Joking..
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nomski0(f): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
enigmagu1: 4.9 is easy in latter bt diff in former.....

And he claims there's more malpractice in public schools. undecided
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nomski0:

Money is d influence of the 4.9 G.P
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Bt in terms of employment opportunities private varsities are beta than public ones
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Olugbenger(m): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
lucrownt: Bt in terms of employment opportunities private varsities are beta than public ones

This is false undecided
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Olugbenger:

This is false undecided
Jst tell me in a situation whereby a student is paying #1.2m as sch fees, therefore, there is an automatic employment 4 dt student....
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by flolancracker: 10:46am On Dec 29, 2013
lucrownt: Money is d influence of the 4.9 G.P
This is false.
What about the ones graduating with third class and pass?
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by flolancracker: 10:57am On Dec 29, 2013
Nomski0:

always antagonizing private UNIS. undecided
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Excelboi(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2013
Is better I bag a diploma in a computer Centre than go to a private University. grin tongue angry
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Excelboi: Is better I bag a diploma in a computer Centre than go to a private University. grin tongue angry
Haaa! Dats obviously bad, kindly tell us ur reasons
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by fabby26(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
lucrownt: Jst tell me in a situation whereby a student is paying #1.2m as sch fees, therefore, there is an automatic employment 4 dt student....

Sorry, wake up from sleep, it seems you've been drifted away in "Alice in the wonderland scene". Hmmm.......automatic employment indeed!
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
fabby26:

Sorry, wake up from sleep, it seems you've been drifted away in "Alice in the wonderland scene". Hmmm.......automatic employment indeed!
To be sincere I'm talking 4rm experience
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Naphye(f): 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
lucrownt: To be sincere I'm talking 4rm experience
bt it doesnt mean u're right. Dah point goes 2 public universities
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Naphye(f): 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
U need nt 2 b draggin dz. Public uniz r beta, beta by far
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by fabby26(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
lucrownt: To be sincere I'm talking 4rm experience

Thinking that being a graduate of Private uni gives you automatic employment is DAYDREAMING, unless you're talking of connection with some high profile people due to the fact that most parents of students in private Unis are politicians and must have connection to push their wards up the ladder, not based on merit then. But come to merit and due process, Public Unis rock
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 01, 2014
fabby26:

Thinking that being a graduate of Private uni gives you automatic employment is DAYDREAMING, unless you're talking of connection with some high profile people due to the fact that most parents of students in private Unis are politicians and must have connection to push their wards up the ladder, not based on merit then. But come to merit and due process, Public Unis rock
U av jst spoken well
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by huthmanadam(m): 8:39am On Jan 01, 2014
3. There is high exams malpractises in the former than the latter.

Chai!! where u wan try dat one!! suicide finz!!... I dunno about oda public unis,, buh Abu don't take dat shit.. Na to xpel ur ass,, asap...
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2014
huthmanadam: 3. There is high exams malpractises in the former than the latter.

Chai!! where u wan try dat one!! suicide finz!!... I dunno about oda public unis,, buh Abu don't take dat shit.. Na to xpel ur ass,, asap...
The same thing applies in Unilorin
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 01, 2014
Each 0f them has advantages and disadvantages....s0,y0u can't just say 0ne is better than the 0ther..

1 Like

Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Jbravo58(m): 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
enigmagu1: 4.9 is easy in latter bt diff in former.....
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When my father is the chief secretary of the country, and my father's broda is the Registre of the school and my father's sister is the HOD or Dean why won't i worth having 4.9 out of the school? Now back to the topic, Me wey i take go inside that hot part of Ondo state to go and skul where evrytin in there both the weather and d people are nt having smilling face at all, Is it there one man wan go use sharp boy steal 4.9 out of the school..? Abegii, dem dey compute and still keep re-cross checking your result for d nxt 5yrs, even Mimiko go tak vex for u.
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2014
Jbravo58: , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When my father is the chief secretary of the country, and my father's broda is the Registre of the school and my father's sister is the HOD or Dean why won't i worth having 4.9 out of the school? Now back to the topic, Me wey i take go inside that hot part of Ondo state to go and skul where evrytin in there both the weather and d people are nt having smilling face at all, Is it there one man wan go use sharp boy steal 4.9 out of the school..? Abegii, dem dey compute and still keep re-cross checking your result for d nxt 5yrs, even Mimiko go tak vex for u.
Dats true....
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by BankManager(m): 8:03am On Jan 02, 2014
Is it everytime ya'll argue about public and private universities

If u think a public varsity is better,why not work hard and pass very well so u can easily get admitted??Instead of bringing yet another jobless topic on nairaland..

If u think a private university is better,attend and stop arguing unwarrantedly about the quality of education and life in private and public schools..

The main thing is getting your degree,become useful in society and play a VITAL role in the Nigerian economy and the world at large..!!!
Re: Are Public Universities Better Than Private Ones? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2014
Bank Manager: Is it everytime ya'll argue about public and private universities

If u think a public varsity is better,why not work hard and pass very well so u can easily get admitted??Instead of bringing yet another jobless topic on nairaland..

If u think a private university is better,attend and stop arguing unwarrantedly about the quality of education and life in private and public schools..

The main thing is getting your degree,become useful in society and play a VITAL role in the Nigerian economy and the world at large..!!!
Bravo! How much av collected 4 ur post....

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. / ‘students With 3.0 CGPA Above Won’t Pay School Fees’ At University Of Lafia / Cross-river State School Of Nursing Form Calabar, 2015/2016 Is Still On Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.