Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,975 members, 7,852,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category (30366 Views)

Burnaboy's Camp Denies He Assaulted Any Lady In PH / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt / D'banj, Killz And Burnaboy Chilling (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
If true, he must be high on marijuana.
From 2Face, P-Square to D'banj.
Who sang a song that's as melodious as Sho le!
Sean Tizzle sang Sho le.
The song was damm nice.
Last Bullet:
Burna Boy should not take it personal. He should work harder next year to go international.
Even people like Iyanya, KCee, Chidinma, Olamide no fit carry the award.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
i am just hearing of sean tizle and headies award for the 1st time.
I have heard sho le several times. i am just getting to know on nairaland that sean tizle owns the song.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Melancholy(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
As they say "leadership is the combination of strategy and character and if u must be without one pls be without strategy".
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by DMK02: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
the headies ws 2 overated nd overhyped ds yr nd cwiously i dnt c anytin important in it. Politics tinz
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by homesteady(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
odua boy: If we are to go by nigerian standard sho lee is a massive hit single
kindly name any hit song from burna boy?..desist from listing semi hits like "like to party" and "tonite".Am waiting

Hey!!! That's an insult to burna boy! How'll you compare him to sean tizzle?
So like to party and tonight are semi-hits? Are you for real?
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by femi9naija(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bebetter: [size=14pt]Cooked up story.... next rated goes to artists who DON'T have albums yet duh![/size]
There is a time frame they look at before announcing their nominees. He hadn't dropped the album during that bracket.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by stagger: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
goldfish80: Sean Tizzle winning the award ahead of Burna boy was a disgrace,no matter how you sugar coat it.Jaywon's This year winning the best recording of the year ahead of Flavour Adada? FOH!
The headies should be renamed Yoruba award,simple.

So when P Square were winning, it was not a Yoruva award shey?

This year by Jaywon is a tight philosophical song. Sick of all these "ukwu" singers like flavour. What sensible song has he done to even deserve nomination?

4 Likes

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
saxywale: i am just hearing of sean tizle and headies award for the 1st time.
I have heard sho le several times. i am just getting to know on nairaland that sean tizle owns the song.
grin
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Mulahmanbmr(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Burna ma Man why didn't you go Kanye on em, get on stage and collect the award from sean undecided

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by realteflon(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
P.Square ones said it that HIPTV award is a yoruba award. I never doubted them. See now again,such an award go to sean bleach tizzle who is a one-hit-wonder. But burna boy has release up to 5 hit tracks.

Question: who has more promise and talent, sean tizzle or burna boy

Answer
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by homesteady(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
safarigirl: you dey mind? Even on MTV Base 'like to party' was listed on top 10 hits of 2012. We're talking songs that rocked AFRICA, how many Nigerians heard Sho Lee? People Lagos is NOT Nigeria, why do people not understand that? Sean Tizzle is a BOY, that will fade away like Mo' Cheddah soon enough, Burna abeg dust your shirt, wetin be Headies sef?
Why I even noticed the sean tizzle guy was because he looked like davido!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by patienz(f): 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
wiilly02:

how can you call "like to party" and "tonight" semi hits guy when last did you visit Nigeria?? "sho Lee" can't stand against "like to party" alone nt to talk of it outshining all burna boy hit songs
lyrically burna boy is better in fact in almost all aspects burna beats Sean tizzle hand n feet down

in my school few pple know sean tizzle BT wen u call burna boy u'll c men shouting

bro get your facts right,no let me vex for you o!!!

Guy thank u joor. Na small tin remain I for vex for dat guy. He doesn't know GOOD music or lyrics! U can't even compare 'like to party' with Shoole!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by femi9naija(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
This shouldn't even be a bone of contention. Why? Y'all remember this awards are voted for right? Based on merit, I think Burna Boy is more deserving of the award than Sean Tizzle. Burna needs to source for votes next time.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Emaprince: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
The people that run this headies should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Buurnerboy by a mile more talented than. Sean..wetin sean get sef? Soolee which only a dancehall track and meaningless.bt burnaboy has a lotta good and reasonable songs plus an album out.

I have never liked or supported burna cos of his arrogance but this discrimiination is too anoyiing

Ok wetin bring waje into reggea dance category...the song "ii wish" is nt a dance track

Useless award!!!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
goldfish80: Sean Tizzle winning the award ahead of Burna boy was a disgrace,no matter how you sugar coat it.Jaywon's This year winning the best recording of the year ahead of Flavour Adada? FOH!
The headies should be renamed Yoruba award,simple.
LOL true talk
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by jice(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
silverdam: I was here!
you also saw him leave sha...
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
real-teflon:
P.Square ones said it that HIPTV award is a yoruba award. I never doubted them. See now again,such an award go to sean bleach tizzle who is a one-hit-wonder. But burna boy has release up to 5 hit tracks.

Answer
Next time there is an award ceremony vote for your best instead of being tribalistic like Psquare, et al.

Waje also won. Is she Yoruba??

Mtshwwwww.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ema prince: The people that run this headies should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Buurnerboy by a mile more talented than. Sean..wetin sean get sef? Soolee which only a dancehall track and meaningless.bt burnaboy has a lotta good and reasonable songs plus an album out.

I have never liked or supported burna cos of his arrogance but this discrimiination is too anoyiing

Ok wetin bring waje into reggea dance category...the song "ii wish" is nt a dance track

Useless award!!!

What discrimination??

Wajes song, I wish, is reggae.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by moruphb: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
How many of una shoutin Burna boy voted for him

4 Likes

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nawa oh....
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by goldfish80(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
stagger:

So when P Square were winning, it was not a Yoruva award shey?

This year by Jaywon is a tight philosophical song. Sick of all these "ukwu" singers like flavour. What sensible song has he done to even deserve nomination?
P square were the ones that labelled it a yoruba award some years back.iIf you listened to flavour's last album it was a celebration of his growth and maturity with many philosophical trackz like To be a man etc btw, Adada is one of African songs of 2013.
The sensible thing is for the headies to be merged with Pdp to form a political party shikena
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nomski0(f): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mulahman_bmr: Burna ma Man why didn't you go Kanye on em, get on stage and collect the award from sean undecided

That would be both timeless and priceless. cheesy The Headies ratings would have shot up. grin
#NOWPLAYING ; RUN MY RACE.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by kushe: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
@k style
I thought I was the only one feeling that song by patoranking ft timaya.i get so excited whenever I hear that intro on radio and it is just a beautiful song but they have a point with waje's song .it is we'll put together and reminds me of this old Jamaican Classic that goes,' no ,no,noooo,u don't love me and I know now........'I can see the old lady's face but can't remember her name.
Is there anyone out there that doesn't download songs they extremely love so they don't 'hear it finish?'
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by adonismuller(m): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
I think we should blame GEJ ƒσя this!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by homesteady(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
babe_online:

What discrimination??

Wajes song, I wish, is reggae.
The category was reggae dancehall! Not just reggae!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by kushe: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
To be sincere,sholee. by Sean tizzle is bigger individually than any of burna's songs but collectively burna's has got more body of work but in this day of social everything,maybe Sean tizzle is getting stuff for being a better managed brand.all I have heard about burna in the past few months is negative stuff except for his glo deal.so maybe u need people to like you if you wanna be called for shows and win awards.
For me I stopped watching award shows when India arie was nominated for eight awards at the Grammys but lost everything to Alicia keys who won seven that night.to me India arie was much more deserving but Alicia keys is easier on the eyes.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Rayvene(f): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Headies Awards?Puh-leeze,OluwaBurna is way bigger than that.
Crappy Award show,crappy eMCees,crappy stage,crappy lighting...biggest flop of the year.

Even Phyno is way past the "next rated" stage,IMO.Sean Tizzle acted like he'd die if he didn't win the car,so it's only fair it was given to him smiley

BTW,who's that human being calling "Like To Party" a semi-hit?Did he ever watch MTV Base in 2012?
"Tonight" was even feautured on BET once.
Beats me how a sane person can compare Sean Tizzle with Burna Boy undecided.Burna is in a class of his own cool

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
homesteady:
The category was reggae dancehall! Not just reggae!
Anyhow, anyhow. I just wanted that bigoted soul to know that the award show is not a Yoruba affair.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by fankasibe: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
I was @ d award show dat night, the organizers of HEADIES made alot of mistakes by giving Waje d best reggae dance hall instead of General pype 'give it to me'
the most annoying award was the best recording of d year 'this year' by Jaywon (dat boy enter music by mistake). Burna boy na my guy and deservers that award but he has got no charisma . I almost walked out that night.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Rayvene(f): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: If true, he must be high on marijuana.
From 2Face, P-Square to D'banj.
Who sang a song that's as melodious as Sho le!
Sean Tizzle sang Sho le.
The song was damm nice.
Last Bullet:
Burna Boy should not take it personal. He should work harder next year to go international.
Even people like Iyanya, KCee, Chidinma, Olamide no fit carry the award.

Melodious my arse.What we need is lyrical content.

Why should Olamide even be in the "next rated" category?undecided.With how many albums...four,right?

And how the fvck can you put Sean Tizzle in the same sentence as Tuface and D'Banj?Stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking,bro.Sean Tizzle still has a long way to go.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by bighorlus(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bebetter: [size=14pt]Cooked up story.... next rated goes to artists who DON'T have albums yet duh![/size]

Then why was burna boy nominated for the category?
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Wealthyone: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
I tire o. They didn't vote him but kept screaming it's ojoro. Sean tizzle humbly told his fans to vote for him while ur "burner" boi is busy famzing. If he's too big to ask for votes he shouldn't be angry when Sean was declared d winner due to highest number of votes nah.

moruphb: How many of una shoutin Burna boy voted for him

real-teflon:

Answer

The most tribalistic pple on earth is Igbo. U hate yorubas and u refuse to leave lagos and ibadan and "we" still accommodate and save ur bony Assss. So, all because Sean n jaywon won awards, u kept screaming it's yoruba award. Is waje yoruba? What of odas that won?
The truth is I like d ada ada song by flavour cos it's an Igbo traditional wedding song but it can never equal jaywon's "this year". The song is always on repeat on my fone and as a big fan of jaywon, I can vote 100x for him rather than ranting.

Last Bullet>>> Next time, vote for ur favourite and stop complaining.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tania Omotayo And Her Daughter, Sarai Sumbo In New Photos / Vera Sidika Comes For Nigerian Girls Who Say Foreigners Are Taking All Their Men / Daniella Okeke Blasts Moesha Buduong, Stephanie Otobo Over Suleman Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.