Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,868 members, 7,838,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category (30350 Views)

Burnaboy's Camp Denies He Assaulted Any Lady In PH / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt / D'banj, Killz And Burnaboy Chilling (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Rayvene:

Melodious my arse.What we need is lyrical content.

Why should Olamide even be in the "next rated" category?undecided.With how many albums...four,right?

And how the fvck can you put Sean Tizzle in the same sentence as Tuface and D'Banj?Stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking,bro.Sean Tizzle still has a long way to go.
Yes, Sean Tizzle is not up to 2Face and co & he may neva be as successful as dem.
But I m talking abt his song 4 dz year. Sho lee is a very good song, better than Ihe ne me or Don't tell me nonsense. I m rating Sean Tizzle cos of dat single song, Sho lee. How many song sweet pass am dz year?
If it's too diff 4 u 2 accept, check public rating.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Gwizatasie: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bebetter: [size=14pt]Cooked up story.... next rated goes to artists who DON'T have albums yet duh![/size]
bro you just said poo...wizkid was given the next rated artiste after he dropped his 2011album.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by cleobunny(f): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I knew Sean Tizzle was gonna win the award, but everybody knows Burna Boy deserved it the most. With hit songs like

1) Smooth Sailing
2) Yawa Dey
3) We like to Party
4) Run My Race

And he has already dropped an Album.

Damn!!
The headies is all messed up already.

Malfunctioning Microphone
Below Par stage Performance
Staged designed like a Fashion Show runway undecided
Poor lighting effect ....
Mode 9ine award...

Sh#t!

Headies 2013 na rubbish, I swear! grin

1000 Likes

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Moses247(m): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Yes, Sean Tizzle is not up to 2Face and co & he may neva be as successful as dem.
But I m talking abt his song 4 dz year. Sho lee is a very good song, better than Ihe ne me or Don't tell me nonsense. I m rating Sean Tizzle cos of dat single song, Sho lee. How many song sweet pass am dz year?
If it's too diff 4 u 2 accept, check public rating.
. SHOLEE SWEET PAS IHE Ne ME? Lol dis guy re u Ok...i dnt tink u have sound ears...lol

2 Likes

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
Moses247: . SHOLEE SWEET PAS IHE Ne ME? Lol dis guy re u Ok...i dnt tink u have sound ears...lol
I m dead serious.
Sho lee is a very nice song. Its the song of the year.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by MARKREN: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
They should turn hip hop award to Yoruba Music awards......... Dont follow Nig music like that but no Burna boy, Kacee, Flavor, Omawunmi, P Square, etc. those were the hits of 2013........ what did the people outside who won sing?
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by oduaboy1: 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
wiilly02:

UNIBEN
Uniben doesn't equate to all of Nigeria
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by oduaboy1: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
homesteady:

Hey!!! That's an insult to burna boy! How'll you compare him to sean tizzle?
So like to party and tonight are semi-hits? Are you for real?
Am only comparing the magnimocity of sholee to all burna songs in terms of airplay and popularity,
Sean tizzle wins hands down.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
the legend: The Headies was supported by MTN. Burna a is GLO ambassador...enough said!

is Waje not a Glo ambassador?

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by homesteady(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
odua boy: Am only comparing the magnimocity of sholee to all burna songs in terms of airplay and popularity,
Do you know that most people know sean tizzle because he looks like Davido?
So shoo lee got more airplay than run my race?
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by UyiIredia(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
The Headies don dey kolo.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by oduaboy1: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
homesteady:
Yes
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by goldfish80(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
odua boy: Am only comparing the magnimocity of sholee to all burna songs in terms of airplay and popularity,
Speak for yourself bro
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ace1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
DrakeKendrick: Niggi Phyno doesn't have an album yet...And for d niggi sayin dah nxt Rated award is only meant for niggis without album,Niggur u lied!! Cos i can vividly remember 2011 Headies Wizkid released "superstar" album on june & d headies was on October,Still yet wizkid won dat category.Same tin happened last year Davido's "OBO" was on july & Headies on October and whu won dat category?? Davido!...So niggur dnt talk shits unless ur sure bout it...Peace!

Nominations of this year's headies where for songs and albums released between March 2012 – June 2013. Burnaboy's album was released after this period. So considering the time, Burnaboy didn't have an album
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ace1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I knew Sean Tizzle was gonna win the award, but everybody knows Burna Boy deserved it the most. With hit songs like

1) Smooth Sailing
2) Yawa Dey
3) We like to Party
4) Run My Race

Damn!!

Mode 9ine award...

Sh#t!

I agree with you. After it was renamed the headies, I just didn't take it seriously anymore

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by oduaboy1: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
goldfish80:
Speak for yourself bro
Speak for yourself too.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by faamo419: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Don't worry ur time will come
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by BrightDeGea(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
It was clear that Burna Boy was robbed, I like show lee but common, burna boy with hit songs, like run my race, smooth sailing, yawa dey and many more? Hmmmm, nawa o
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by tdbanks: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sean Tizzle's humility went before him.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by tdbanks: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
homesteady:
Uhuh!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by rckdude: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Bros, you shouldn't blame the headies, the winner was voted for, by people like you and I. No doubt Burna boy deserved the award but I'd always knew that Sean tizzle was going to win, if you watched the pre-award event on Hiptv when all the next rated artistes went to the company producing the car you'd know that sean tizzle was the only one who acted like he really deserved it, the guy was practically shouting 'it's my car' please vote for me, he was begging on tv so people should vote for him, he also went to prostrate to the staffs there and begged them to vote for him, even if i wasen't gonna vote for him but with that little stunt he pulled, then he had stolen my vote. The other nominees were just famzing, especially phyno, jeez! I never knew that guy was so proud, he was chewing bubble-gum all through, he later went into the car, ignited it and later came out and said, 'the car fine oo, e no go bad if i win am.' now, how did he expect a person like me to vote for him eventhough he was the most talented amongst the others. Bruna boy was not even there that day, well, i didn't see him. The only artistes i saw were, sean tizzle, phyno, seyi shay et all. Burna shouldn't be angry, if he works harder he will have enough money to buy a better car.

My guy you have said it all. Am not really into 9ja music but in dt category, the only artistes I recognised were phyno, and burna boy and I was routing for phyno all the way. But then I saw this dude; sean tizzle, the guy was just all over the place and he acted as if he wanted the car more, he was seriously begging nigerians for votes. Other nominees were all just acting as if they had enough cars and could do without another one. Phyno messed up big time, the dude was just too dull jare.
To cut the story short, I don't know about other categories but that next rated was a voting category and sean tizzle did enough to win it.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by victorazy(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
This guy is like a tout!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ejifranks(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sentiments apart, sholee got more radio spins all over the counttry than any of Burna Boy hits ..the streets all over naija reverbrated with sholee, it had more covers(did any artist remix Burnaboy"s songs, I don't know any) . Burna boy is more talented than sean t no doubt but when you look at the major songs by each artistes in that award category in the year under review,sholee was a more massive hit than others.sean tizzle also comes thru as a humble social guy(character is key in this industry) while oluwa burna kind of acts aloof and detached(I never said he is proud, but he needs to liven and sway more to fans)
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by darmochy1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Abu Mikey:

1) Smooth Sailing
2) Yawa Dey
3) We like to Party
4) Run My Race

Damn!!

Mode 9ine award...

Sh#t!

I thought I was the only one that noticed this. I was so pissed with the whole show that I had to change the channel. Nothing but total mess. They should take a clue from The Grammy Awards.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by willibounce: 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ayo Animashaun needs to go and ask Cally Ikpe of the 'New live Beats' wassup. The Headies has become a mess. If care is not taken, it will fade out like d NMVA Awards.

I trust naija artiste, it won't cost dem anything to begin to boycott d rubbish headies.

Some categories shouldn't be based on votes. How can Burna and and Orezi not win their categories? Btw, wonder wat Mode9 is winning an Award for, I'm sure he knows he doesn't deserve one. The stage and lighting was damn POOOR. Very low budget setting.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by boban007: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Anyhow u want to look at it BURNA BOY DESERVES ATLEAST TWO AWARDS.NIGERIANS LIKE CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY.ITS NOT ABOUT NEXT RATED AWARD ALONE.HE DESERVES AWARD IN OTHER CATEGORIES.BURNAS ALBUM IS THE BEST THIS YEAR WITH LYRICAL CONTENT.HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO WALK OUT ON THOSE JOKERS CALLED HEADIES.BURNA BOY,FLAVOR AND WIZKID ARE JUST AWESOME AND THE BEST THIS YEAR IN THIER CATEGORIES.REMINISCE,BEZAND JAZY JAGZ ARE ALSO WONDERFUL.USELESS AWARD THAT HAS LOST FOCUS.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Softing(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Seriously burna boy should have been the winner, sean tizzle song is good, anyway burna boy is bigger than that.. Burna keep doing what you can.. You are already a made man..
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by boban007: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Anyhow u want to look at it BURNA BOY DESERVES ATLEAST TWO AWARDS.NIGERIANS LIKE CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY.ITS NOT ABOUT NEXT RATED AWARD ALONE.HE DESERVES AWARD IN OTHER CATEGORIES.BURNAS ALBUM IS THE BEST THIS YEAR WITH LYRICAL CONTENT.HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO WALK OUT ON THOSE JOKERS CALLED HEADIES.BURNA BOY,FLAVOR AND WIZKID ARE JUST AWESOME AND THE BEST THIS YEAR IN THIER CATEGORIES.REMINISCE,BEZ,AND JAZY JAGZ ARE ALSO WONDERFUL.USELESS AWARD THAT HAS LOST FOCUS.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by phreakabit(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mr Burna boy Oluwa Burna, hope you have learnt a valuable lesson. . . . If you no be Yoruba, you no be Yoruba, no amount of ass licking can change that. Maybe you go vex now start to dey speak your own language for your songs. M0r0n!
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
babe_online:

What discrimination??

Wajes song, I wish, is reggae.
lol... You know nothing about music that song is more r and b than reggae. Burna actually deserves that award ahead of sean tizzle as Next rated. Or perhaps his star is to bright already to be next rated.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
ejifranks: Sentiments apart, sholee got more radio spins all over the counttry than any of Burna Boy hits ..the streets all over naija reverbrated with sholee, it had more covers(did any artist remix Burnaboy"s songs, I don't know any) . Burna boy is more talented than sean t no doubt but when you look at the major songs by each artistes in that award category in the year under review,sholee was a more massive hit than others.sean tizzle also comes thru as a humble social guy(character is key in this industry) while oluwa burna kind of acts aloof and detached(I never said he is proud, but he needs to liven and sway more to fans)
Very funny from someone who says sentiments apart yet you're putting alot of sentiments in your judgement on who is a better musician.
I'm very passionate about music and I would defend it any day any where that Burna is more "Next Rated" than Sean Tizzle. I have boycotted many awards. I used to be a huge fan of the grammies but I dont watch that anymore ever since Chris brown and Jordin Sparks lost their award for best collaboration to Robert Plancks and Alisson crus. All in all, Chris brown is still selling records today. Awards mean nothing in the music industry esp in a country like Nigeria. The fans will always decide. The way the club goes wild when " Yawa dey" comes on. Who is the most promising Burna or Sean Tizzle.

Answer isnt too difficult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido In Atlanta To Await The Birth Of His Second Child / Jayden Ubi-Ofem's 2nd Birthday: Lilian Esoro & Ubi Franklin Celebrate Their Son / Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.