Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC (943 Views)

Laudable Achievement Of The Great General:gmb IN REPLY TO Doyin Okupe / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / Fifteen Achievements Of General Buhari - To Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:04am On Dec 29, 2013
If APC Survives One Year, Don’t Call Me Okupe, Presidential Aide Boasts

The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Tuesday described the merger of opposition political parties on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a weak association that would crumble and disappear by 2014, one year before the next general election.

So confident is he of this that during a courtesy visit to THISDAY corporate offices in Lagos yesterday, he put his father’s name on the line.
“If they don’t crumble and disappear by 2014, don’t call me Okupe,” he bragged.

Okupe’s visit to THISDAY seemed to have been a public relations stunt that was carefully arranged either when the journalists went to lunch, or after Okupe had gagged them, because no professional asked him any questions following what seemed like a one-sided lecture.

The self-described “attack lion” of President Goodluck Jonathan dismissed the view that the merger would rout the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the next election, calling the forces behind it unserious people that are incapable of causing a major upset in national politics.

“Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Maj-Gen. Mohammadu Buhari are not serious-minded people; they are going round like people dancing in a market place,” he said, defiantly. “I expect that when you post an aggregate of people of that calibre who want to run government, by now they must have a policy statement on power, agriculture and employment and not just talking about PDP leaving.

"Is it by mouth that they will run the nation? These are not serious-minded people. Can someone get your vote by using word of mouth that PDP should leave without a policy?”

Okupe was hinging his political prediction on the projection that the president's joker, which is stable electricity, is attained by 2014, the opposition would be punctured and rendered ineffective.

Specifically dismissing Tinubu, he held that the ACN chieftain has ridden roughshod over the South-west, but that Nigeria is bigger than that.

“This is their first time out in national politics; alright, and let me give you some bad news: the relevance that ACN has in Nigerian politics is that they are a Yoruba party. That is what makes them relevant in politics and by dropping that toga, the party is dead.

"They have just formed an abyss; a formless abyss that the Yoruba cannot key into. The Yoruba have always been members of a regional organisation – Action Group (AG), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), etc. And in any case, what are the electoral credentials of ACN? How many states have they won that they are boasting?”

In a frontal assault that suggested that the PDP is wary of the possibilities open to the opposition, Okupe described the APC as a party that is consistently unable to produce a presidential candidate from within its rank and file, saying that for the 2015 election, they are planning to recruit the Speaer of the House, Tambuwal.

“What kind of political party is that and you are taking them seriously. It is a politically defective and weak organisation, and by coming to the national stage, the wind is going to blow them open. If they don’t crumble and disappear by 2014, don’t call me Okupe,” he said.

With reference to the power reform programme, he said that the problem with the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) was the amount of money that was designated for it, stating that the money was not the type entrepreneurs in the country could aggregate.

“When Jonathan came, five major problems bedevilled the power sector,” he said. “One, there was low generation capacity. Two, was that the NIPPs, which required so much money, were abandoned. Three, even if they were working, they were located in places that were impossible for gas availability. Four, there was very poor transmission capacity and five, the indecisiveness involved in the privatisation exercise.

He said that within two years, the Jonathan administration solved four of those five problems. “The NIPPs – all of them are about 95 per cent complete and there is enough monitoring to ensure that this is done.”
He pointed out the outstanding challenge was transmission capacity which is currently being addressed by the federal government.

Okupe, who also sought partnership with the media, admitted that the Jonathan administration needed help to survive.
“That is the truth. I am not hiding it. There is no government that has been more assaulted in this country. I have come to see if we can build a platform to help the country and this government.

I am not saying that you should compromise your positions; I am just saying that you should give us the chance to clarify anything that you need to clarify.”

Okupe did not say anything about the corruption by which the PDP has grounded the country, and of which most of the key officials of both the government and the party are known to be guilty, or how they intend to persuade Nigerians in 2015 to allow them to continue.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/if-apc-survives-one-year-don%E2%80%99t-call-me-okupe-presidential-aide-boasts

hee-hee-hee!
me I dey laff oo grin

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by tybank: 3:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Today APC is waxing stronger while PDP is in deep crisis

Members of APC are increasing while those of PDP re decreasing

Okupe,what name do we call you now that it's clear nothing would happen to APC ?

2 Likes

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by ajani1978(m): 5:26am On Dec 29, 2013
Okupe is a failure he said GEJ has resolve four from five electricity prob, in calculation is that 95%? Olodo. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by Wsdm: 5:34am On Dec 29, 2013
Oku-epe or what do you call your self. Where were you when Jonathan was begging Tinubu for votes as you now claim to become more relevant than Tinubu in National politics?

3 Likes

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by egift(m): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2013
He is among those that gave Jonathan the Zoologist a false hope. Abeg suggest an alternative names for him. His dad will be ashamed how his son embarrassing the family name just for coins from the crumbs of the drunkard.

3 Likes

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by RichDad1(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2013
Me think its high time we start suggesting a new surname for Okupe.
As for me I'll go for Okugbe [Meaning: Died for nothing in Yoruba] lmao

4 Likes

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by egift(m): 7:12am On Dec 29, 2013
I suggest Otigba (the drummer).

2 Likes

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by ibrash600: 7:53am On Dec 29, 2013
Òmotoyi o gbon or MUMUrinde.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by solomon111(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2013
A party that is hinged on whether buhari becomes president or not is very likely to fail at some point.
I personally don't want APC to fail as i want a viable opposition,but then it dosen't change the fact that okupe is very correct with his assertion.
Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by donphilopus: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2013
The production/expiry date of Okugbe should be as follow:

Prod Date: December 2012.
Exp Date: December 2013.

According to NAFDAC, we're to throw away every expired things in our house, to avoid stories that touch! So, how do we do Okupe now, as he has just expired??

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Doyin Okupe's One Year Expiration Of APC by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 29, 2013
APC will crumble before one year. The A C N will retain the fragments of the party when that happens. Politics is a game of numbers but not at the detriment of agreement of minds.

The governors and reps members, plus the senators who are yet to be men enough to jump ship, are already expired politicians who won elections on the strenght of the PDP. Now, they are going to want to assert themselve at the expense of Ashiwaju, who is keeping quiet till after their membership registration before reading the riot Act to the members.

When finally the riot Act arrives, these men are oing to try to hijack the party and this will lead to the disintegration of the party.

Buhari's ambition is another clog in their wheel of progress. Gen 'disk-pleen' has not yet shorne himself of the idea that the north controls the population and politics of Nigeria. He believes he will win the ticket on the strenght of his popularity among northern delegates. The primaries would elicit another 'dog and baboon' statement from and possibly a few tears at the eagle square or lagos.

At the end, it shall be; to thy tent o Israel.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Based Cleric Predicts Another Bomb Attack In Abuja, Plane Crash Involving / Does / NMA Emergency Delegates Meeting Ends: Strike Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.