Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics (9849 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by EloSela(f): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Now tell me how many Gold's have the men won vs. the women in Jamaica? That is what i thought.

It doesn't matter because Jamaica are giving the USA lessons on how to sprint dope free grin and collecting more golds in the process. grin grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2008
EloSela:

It doesn't matter because Jamaica are giving the USA lessons on how to sprint dope free grin and collecting more golds in the process. grin grin grin
Hmmm. . . . i can see you are not an expert when it come to Track and Field. Please come back when you are little more informed on the history and the athletes.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by EloSela(f): 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2008
The dope tests are more stringent this year. I am sure that is why the Americans are not standing out like they were before. They also have one of the largest teams with at least 5 participants in every event, another reason why they are more likely to win a medal.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

We should do better because We are Better. Simply as that. It is USA vs. The World. Who cares if you beat GB in an event. People will look at you like, who gives a damn. But if you beat USA in an event, watch people go crazy for you. So all this jive over Usain Bolts means nothing. Endorsements are limited in his country. The only sponsor he will get is from Puma. . . . and even that is questionable.

Nike and Umbro are already after his ass. . . . . .
Many car companys are also sniffing Usain Bolt's legs to see how they can launch him in various commercial ads.
His book is coming out soon so things are looking bright for the Jamo boy.

Americans are dope heads. . . . . .most of the events u won in the past were all dope-induced.
Maybe u should get back in ur spandex and represent USA.
At least, we are sure u won't be pushing needles in ur veins.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Americans are dope heads. . . . . .most of the events u won in the past were all dope-induced.
Maybe u should get back in your spandex and represent USA.
At least, we are sure u won't be pushing needles in your veins.
Hannibal, this is your saddest statement ever. I mean i am shocked. A fellow sports fan is now giving faulty comments? Man-o-man this is truly a shame. Why don't you go and count the faulty ones vs. the legit ones. A fellow math man as your self will be enlightned.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by EloSela(f): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
Please! The Americans are drug cheats and that is the only reason why they have dominated the Athletics events so far. I sincerely believe that world was duped by fakes such as Flo Jo and and even people like Carl Lewis and that those world records that have now been broken were not even real anyway.

Nigeria finally got gold her gold after 8 years no thanks to those American druggies.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=110808&ptitle=Eight
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Hannibal, this is your saddest statement ever. I mean i am shocked. A fellow sports fan is now giving faulty comments? Man-o-man this is truly a shame. Why don't you go and count the faulty ones vs. the legit ones. A fellow math man as your self will be enlightned.

I was just yanking ya chain. . . . . .U take life too seriously, Miss Pumbaa.
Just when i thunk ur status should be upgraded to SCAR??
Guess what. . . .I am sending u down the foodchain. . . Ya new name is now Timon. grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2008
EloSela:

Nigeria finally got gold her gold after 8 years no thanks to those American druggies.
So answer me this nne, so you are basically saying that MAJORITY of USA wins was because of drugs? Is that what you want to say? Just come out and say it.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

I was just yanking ya chain. . . . . .You take life too seriously, Miss Pumbaa.
Just when i thunk your status should be upgraded to SCAR??
Guess what. . . .I am sending u down the foodchain. . . Ya new name is now Timon. grin
Oh quiet Mufasa. . . . . any ways back to post. Yes i admit out of ALL the USA wins, 2% of it was drug related. But the rest is PURE AMERICAN TALENT.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by EloSela(f): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2008
I think the majority of the Athletics team are dope heads,ala Marion Jones and the like . . . save for my hubby Michael Johnson of course grin grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh quiet Mufasa. . . . . any ways back to post. Yes i admit out of ALL the USA wins, 2% of it was drug related. But the rest is PURE AMERICAN TALENT.

2%??
Please make that 40%.
If there's any justice in this world, Team USA shouldn't be competing in any athletic event.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
EloSela:

I think the majority of the Athletics team are dope heads,ala Marion Jones and the like . . . save for my hubby Michael Johnson of course grin grin grin
Oka im done debating with you because when folk debate over sports, they use ACTUAL Numbers. While you on the other case are just some person who knows little to nothing about sports so they try and put in their two cents with faulty math and generalizations. Yeah go ahead and hate on Team USA. We don't need your support when we beat the world in overall Olympics.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

2%??
Please make that 40%.

If there's any justice in this world, Team USA shouldn't be competing in any athletic event.
Please justify this with math. And you want to speak of justice? Why not go and read about China's team. Then come and talk to me about justice.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Please justify this with math. And you want to speak of justice? Why not go and read about China's team. Then come and talk to me about justice.

When u rep TEAM USA in 2012, i would work the math for u.
Make sure u qualify and represent in Volleyball or is it Diving?? grin cheesy
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

When u rep TEAM USA in 2012, i would work the math for u.
Make sure u qualify and represent in Volleyball or is it Diving?? grin cheesy
Oh ha ha ha tongue very funny tongue Oh that is going to be the most boring Olympics. No one can top China's opening show. Especially London, where the culture is border line. tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh ha ha ha tongue very funny tongue Oh that is going to be the most boring Olympics. No one can top China's opening show. Especially London, where the culture is border line. tongue

U will be surprised.
10 billion pounds might go down to beat CHINA's opening ceremony. . . . .
London is a multi-cutural city so don't be surprised when u see Igbo chics doing "atilogwu dances".
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by A40(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
@onyinye
Even the Americans know they where murdered on the tracks by the Jamaicans so i dont know what you are on only Leshawn Merritt won a gold in the 400 while the Jamaicans swept every other event
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

@onyinye
Even the Americans know they where murdered on the tracks by the Jamaicans so i don't know what you are on only Leshawn Merritt won a gold in the 400 while the Jamaicans swept every other event
CORRECTION. Jamaica beat TEAM USA in only those sprinting events not ever other event as you stated. Please update yourself on the medal count.

Hannibal:

You will be surprised.
10 billion pounds might go down to beat CHINA's opening ceremony. . . . .
London is a multi-cutural city so don't be surprised when u see Igbo chics doing "atilogwu dances".
LMAO!!! grin grin grin Keep dreaming. I have been to London four times in separate occasions. Each time was a disappointment. So i aint getting no high hopes over the opening cermony just to be disappointed again.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

CORRECTION. Jamaica beat TEAM USA in only those sprinting events not ever other event as you stated. Please update yourself on the medal count.
LMAO!!! grin grin grin Keep dreaming. I have been to London four times in separate occasions. Each time was a disappointment. So i aint getting no high hopes over the opening cermony just to be disappointed again.

It depends on where u stayed on those 4 occasions.
Come on. . . . . U cannot compare London to that Texas of yours. . . .
Name one place better than Kensington gardens in the whole of ur state. grin cheesy
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

It depends on where u stayed on those 4 occasions.
Come on. . . . . You cannot compare London to that Texas of yours. . . .
Name one place better than Kensington gardens in the whole of your state. grin cheesy
Well actually. . . i have been to Kensington gardens. . . . it was actually quite beautiful there. Anyways there are PLENTY of places in TEXAS better than London.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Well actually. . . i have been to Kensington gardens. . . . it was actually quite beautiful there. Anyways there are PLENTY of places in TEXAS better than London.

Kensington gardens is the most expensive street in the world.
The most expensive residential house in the world stands on that street so don't compare it with anywhere in TEXAS.
Kensington gardens is customised to house kings and rich bastards.
Nuthing compares to the place. . . . .not even Malibu. tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Kensington gardens is the most expensive street in the world.
The most expensive residential house in the world stands on that street so don't compare it with anywhere in TEXAS.
Kensington gardens is customised to house kings and rich bastards.
Nuthing compares to the place. . . . .not even Malibu. tongue
Mind you that a four bedroom house there has the same equivalent cost of a six bedroom house in Texas. So ummm. . . .
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by folahann(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2008
I don't think it's not this century that a country will match the scientific cultural opening ceremony of the Chinese.
Don't tell me you think next olympics will be as interesting as this angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Mind you that a four bedroom house there has the same equivalent cost of a six bedroom house in Texas. So ummm. . . .

That should tell u London is very expensive to live in.
What people pay for a 2 bedroom house is what most of y'all pay for a 6 bedroom house.
The world's most expensive house is Kensington palace gardens at 117 million pounds. . . .
Babes, when u coming in 2012, make sure u have enuff $$$ cos you'd be priced out here.
One BigMac meal would run ur Debit Card into an untimely death. grin grin
Don't worry. . . . .London would put the Chinese into shame in the next 4 years. . . . .Just watch.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by A40(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2008
@onyinye
I was talking strictly track.Please tell me how many gold medals you have won on the track?
100m male and female
200m male and female
400m male and female
4x100m male and female

At last count it was about one or two the Yardies have won 5
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

That should tell u London is very expensive to live in.
What people pay for a 2 bedroom house is what most of y'all pay for a 6 bedroom house.
The world's most expensive house is Kensington palace gardens at 117 million pounds. . . .
Babes, when u coming in 2012, make sure u have enough $$$ because you'D be priced out here.
One BigMac meal would run your Debit Card into an untimely death. grin grin
Don't worry. . . . .London would put the Chinese into shame in the next 4 years. . . . .Just watch.
London doesn't stand a chance next to China. Not saying i like the country, but i have to admit it has a lot of history and culture. So to top that means yal better dig something good up from somewhere. Don't know where though. Anyways London just over prices things which is so pointless. Mayne i went to Harrids just to get something to where for a place i was going, one shirt alone was like freakin 450 pounds. I was like, WHAT.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

@onyinye
I was talking strictly track.Please tell me how many gold medals you have won on the track?
100m male and female
200m male and female
400m male and female
4x100m male and female

At last count it was about one or two the Yardies have won 5
Last i check we won three. Doesn't really matter. Those Jamo are still backwards when it comes to Olympics. They put all their time in one event, and are too scared to venture out of it. Too bad so sad. Even that Usain Bolts knows it. Last i read, he might be a good asset for the NFL.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

London doesn't stand a chance next to China. Not saying i like the country, but i have to admit it has a lot of history and culture. So to top that means yal better dig something good up from somewhere. Don't know where though. Anyways London just over prices things which is so pointless. Mayne i went to Harrids just to get something to where for a place i was going, one shirt alone was like freakin 450 pounds. I was like, WHAT.

U went to Harrods??  grin cheesy grin
Blimey. . . . .Harrods/Selfridges is like going to the gallows.
450 pounds is a small do. . . . . .The other day i saw a laptop going for 70,000 pounds at Selfridges.
Those peops are just fucking crazy.

Seriously, London is trying to bring everyone into this cos of it's multi-cultural kizzack.
Every known race in the city would be involved in the opening ceremony so get ready to see Makossa dancers or  Yoruba Traditional dancers.
It's going to be massive. It will be better than what we saw in China.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

You went to Harrods??  grin cheesy grin
Blimey. . . . .Harrods/Selfridges is like going to the gallows.
450 pounds is a small do. . . . . .The other day i saw a laptop going for 70,000 pounds at Selfridges.
Those peops are just fucking crazy.

Seriously, London is trying to bring everyone into this because of it's multi-cultural kizzack.
Every known race in the city would be involved in the opening ceremony so get ready to see Makossa dancers or  Yoruba Traditional dancers.
It's going to be massive. It will be better than what we saw in China.
Mufasa keep dreaming. For me to see makossa slow on that stage, it must be that your country as lost its tea ways. What ever. Watch them show folk sippin tea sayin "Good day, Governor". So don't even try it. What ever yal do, will be demolished when they bring the Olympics back to its rightful home in the USA. Chicago to be precise.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by A40(m): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2008
@Hannibal
70,000 quid? W.T.F is it bullet-proof with some yellow conflict diamonds encrusted in it?

@onyinye
If someone had told you before the Olympics that you would not have won a single gold in all those events i mentioned would you believe it?Yall should go back and regroup because the Yardies have changed the game
Even their so-called past-time (Baseball) has been taken from them by the Cubans you guys should thank God for Phelps
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

@onyinye
If someone had told you before the Olympics that you would not have won a single gold in all those events i mentioned would you believe it?Yall should go back and regroup because the Yardies have changed the game
Even their so-called past-time (Baseball) has been taken from them by the Cubans you guys should thank God for Phelps
Actually baseball was actually a Cuban sport. That is why if you ever look at the roaster of these teams, you are bound to see atleast three Cubans. Anyways, don't worry TEAM USA shall always prevail. They said that we will lose in volleyball: we won. They say women's soccer will lose: we won. They say men's basketball was finished: going for gold. So never under estimate the power of USA.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Mufasa keep dreaming. For me to see makossa slow on that stage, it must be that your country as lost its tea ways. What ever. Watch them show folk sippin tea sayin "Good day, Governor". So don't even try it. What ever yal do, will be demolished when they bring the Olympics back to its rightful home in the USA. Chicago to be precise.

Forget those stuffs about tea sippin. . . . . .Thatz just so pre-millennium. cool

No one is sippin those kizzack again. . . . .This is the new Britain.
U would see the Yardies, Carribeanz, Africans and Asians doing their thang on the opening ceremony.
No thrillz, No frillz. . . . . .we are talking 4 years here not 4 days.
UK would put China into shame. Trust me on this, Pumbaa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says / Senegal vs Cape Verde: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 (2 - 0) On 25th January 2022 / Bayern Munich Win Their 28th Bundesliga Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.