Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

2 Weeks Us/german Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Weeks Us/german Visa (1680 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Weeks Us/german Visa by purebreed1: 5:05am On Aug 05, 2008
Hello all,
This is my first post here and i'm hoping i get what i need to know from you guys.
I live in Nigeria and would like to visit the United States/Germany for about 2weeks or thereabout, i have no interest of over-staying there, i just want to know if i can apply for a 2weeks visa with a paid hotel reservation, i don't have any family ties to the united States/Germany,
I would like to know if i would be granted a visa with just a paid hotel reservation,

keep your answers pouring in please.
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by OgaSarge(m): 5:09am On Aug 05, 2008
eh, call customer care for us embassy now, haba, ! dis kin early morning u wan go us, cry
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by faoni572(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
Pls I have interest in this, those that have answers or ideas should please respond. Even how can someone get hotel reservation?
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by benincitys(f): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
sorry no embassy will give you visa just because you reserve hotel .
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by mikedanza(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
You can actually go to the US on a visit if you can prove to the consular officer that you have sufficient funds to cover your duration of stay and plan on returning.

Under US laws all intending travellers are assumed to be planning on immigrating until proven otherwise (section 214). So you must convince the Consular (under section 214b) that you intend to return.

These tips will help: (Go along with evidence pls)
1. If you have a job/business to return to.
2. If you are married (single men are high risk factors) or engaged
3. If you have travelled to any developed country previously (including South Africa)
4. A letter from your employers/ Current Pay package
5. Evidence of funds (account statement)
6. At least Friends (if no family) in the US (this could be a plus or a minus too)
7. A complete itinerary (showing where u will stay, for how long- if tour, show ur tour booking, if hotel stay- show confirmed booking etc)
8. Be confident and speak the truth. Records are kept of all ur previous US denials. If you are lucky, they will not ask you for half of all these but be prepared.
Luck.
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by Tats(m): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2008
@Poster
You need to demonstrate strong ties to your country of residence as any applicant for a U.S visa is considered an intending immigrant. Don't know much about German visa.

Oga Sarge:

eh, call customer care for us embassy now, haba, ! this kin early morning u wan go us, cry

LOL

benincitys:

sorry no embassy will give you visa just because you reserve hotel .

Yes they can. Even U.S

faoni572:

Please I have interest in this, those that have answers or ideas should please respond. Even how can someone get hotel reservation?

Book with a credit or debit card
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by carmelily: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2008
no one's talking about Germany. Do all these terms apply to?
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by olubunmi80: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
hi everyone. plz i already have an appointment at the german embassy for this month and i have made an hotel resrvation and paid 100 euros using my mastercard for an hotel in germany only for me to read in the embassy 's leaflets that no internet or email booking will be accepted.
plz people what do i do because the confimed hotel booking i have paid for was done online and i got an email to confim the booking.
is this tenable at the embassy? or do i have to pay thru a nigerian agent like sait and sait company who did my health insurance but the money they are asking for it too much. mine is atoiurist vissa for two wks. please post ur replies and tell me what to do?
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by benincitys(f): 12:24am On Sep 03, 2008
100euros for two weeks which hotel is that?
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by megastu(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2008
@benincity,

100 euros is for the first night, which is usually charged. The remainder will be paid upon arrival.
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by benincitys(f): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2008
megastu:

@benincity,

100 euros is for the first night, which is usually charged. The remainder will be paid upon arrival.
ok .
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by olubunmi80: 10:34am On Sep 05, 2008
thanks everyone but i was told that i have to pay for the two weeks which s not refundable in order to get the real booking confirmation
is this advisable? what f the visa doesnt come thru. plz advice.thanks all
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by beecrofty(m): 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2008
Experts, Do you have contacts in Germany or you would also be getting the Reservation via online?
Re: 2 Weeks Us/german Visa by olubunmi80: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2008
helo experts are u an agent give compny name and adress and i hope u re not talking of email booking?

(1) (Reply)

Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria / 2013 DV Visa Lottery / Help..... International Passport Renewal Palaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.