Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed (25485 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by jaayajaaya: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to secure Opinions from some of you, who have gone trough this type of process before. So I could avoid mistakes etc.

Here is my story.

My brother (the same Father and Mother) is living and worked in Germany since 19 years, he also has a German Nationality. He visited Nigeria some weeks ago, I talked to him about traveling to Europe, he promised helping when my passport is completed.

He said he will send me an Invitation letter which is issued by the local foreign office where he lives, and with this Invitation Letter I could be able to apply for a visa here in Nigeria. That sound I little bit simple. Though, it works 3 years ago when he invited my Mum to Germany without any problem.

To myself, I’m 29 years old, Trader married with a Daughter.

Please I need some opinions and ideas from Nairalanders who have gone through the same process.

Thanks!
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by jaayajaaya: 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2009
Hello Fellows,

No Respond, Nobody here on Nairaland Forum has gone through this type of process before?

Pls, I need advice on this issue.

Thanks
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by calipso(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2009
seek a reply from your mother that have gone there three years ago, she already have the experience, what u are looking for in sokoto is alreadyy in shokotooo!!! stop raising dust,

1 Like

Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by jaayajaaya: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
@Calipso
I only ask fellows to advise on the process and not to give unnecessary comments like you did. I believe you have not gone through this type of visa process before.

The Embassy knows that my Mum is definitely going to return back to Nigeria, that is why she doesn't need any documents to resent only the Invitation Letter was enough.

But young guys like me need more than an invitation letter, because you have to prove that you will be returning back to Nigeria, that is why I seeking opinion from fellows who have gone through such process before.

1 Like

Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by calipso(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2009
you would have said the truth that u want to abscond, coz believe me u are not coming back, but anyway no be my mouth u go from hear say Stella die, just come out with the plain truth that u are not coming back, then i will give you all u need to know, my family stays in Germany and very soon i will join them, so i no all the secret, but you most first say the truth then i will render my help, bless ya!!!
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by johnkent(m): 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2009
jaayajaaya:

@Calipso
I only ask fellows to advise on the process and not to give unnecessary comments like you did. I believe you have not gone through this type of visa process before.

The Embassy knows that my Mum is definitely going to return back to Nigeria, that is why she doesn't need any documents to resent only the Invitation Letter was enough.

But young guys like me need more than an invitation letter, because you have to prove that you will be returning back to Nigeria, that is why I seeking opinion from fellows who have gone through such process before.

Hey Mr, u seem to have answered ur question urself. Ur chance of getting the visa is very slim because of your age and also because of ur brother being a german citizen. There's no reason why u can give it a trial. Just have enough documentation to show that u have strong family ties in Nigeria that you will be returning.
My other question is, Will you be returning back to Nigeria after ur short visit to germany?
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by johnkent(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
calipso:

you would have said the truth that u want to abscond, coz believe me u are not coming back, but anyway no be my mouth u go from hear say Stella die, just come out with the plain truth that u are not coming back, then i will give you all u need to know, my family stays in Germany and very soon i will join them, so i no all the secret, but you most first say the truth then i will render my help, bless ya!!!
Ofcourse we all know his pretty much not coming back. haha
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by Kaiser5000: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2009
I have sent that invitation to at least 5 people and it has always worked. The invitation he is sending is certified by the local govt. of where he lives and for him to get it, he has to prove that he has enough money to take care of you when you come over for the short stay, that he has a place to house you when you come over and lastly if you come over and do not go back home and they have to deport you, he will have to foot the bill. The takes away the burden of you having to prove anything to them (except you go there and tell them u no dey plan to come back).That is why i only did it for my siblings cause i knew i could trust them. If he does it for you, then he must trust you. All you have to do is go to the embassy with your invitation letter, statement of account for the last 3 months i believe and show your ticket and maybe some docs saying you have a biz or in school and you should get your visa. The visa may only be for 2weeks though. The last one i did was for 2008 Christmas for my sis who is a student in Nigeria and she got a two weeks visa which was just what she appled for.
Good luck, hope i was able to help.
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2009
Dear Poster, just think of the amount of trouble you gonna let your bross into if you don't come back, his hard earned work for 19yrs and  his ability to invite someone else would be dashed by your one single action of not coming back, man I hate the Germans, they are pain in the backside.
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by vikiviko(m): 12:00am On Jul 01, 2009
Show Family ties and evidence of funds.

Also if you self employed show coy registrations, financial ties and ownership structure.

If yoou working you coy letter introducing you, employment letter, salary slips, thats all
Re: Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed by jaayajaaya: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2009
Thanks Fellows for your contribution to this topic.

For those of you who are worried, whether I will be returning back to Nigeria. YES, I will be coming back. Because,

1. My Brother has helped me financially to setup my own business here in Lagos, and I am doing very fine.
2. I have a young wife and a Daughter to take care of here.
3. I am the one in charge of my brother’s Properties.

What I am just trying to do is build a Traveling record for the future, no more.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs Overland Airways Aircraft At Lagos Airport / Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City / Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.