Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Enquiry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enquiry (812 Views)

Enquiry On Kano / Zimbabwe VISA Application Enquiry / Enquiry On Czech Tyranslation And Study Permit Requirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enquiry by shanitha(f): 8:21am On Dec 29, 2013
I would like to know what happens if a nigerian travelling to Italy is imprisoned? Would the family be notified? Or will the nigerian embassy be notified? I am from singapore. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Enquiry by breadtom: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2013
shanitha: I would like to know what happens if a nigerian travelling to Italy is imprisoned? Would the family be notified? Or will the nigerian embassy be notified? Thanks
it seems u want to go and join the prostitution market in italy and u asking if u get caught wat will happen to u indirectly u beta look for somtin doing and stay bck here in nigeria ur likes are the kind of pple dat travel abroad and spoil our image.it not worth it take it or live it I mean ashawo work.
Re: Enquiry by ifegy: 1:34am On Dec 30, 2013
shanitha: I would like to know what happens if a nigerian travelling to Italy is imprisoned? Would the family be notified? Or will the nigerian embassy be notified? I am from singapore. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Generally, it is up to the individual imprisoned to request to call either the embassy or their family or a lawyer or friend, etc. They still have the right to do that sort of thing even in prison, unless it's a completely lawless situation; and even then, fellow inmates may also have smuggled in cell phones which they can use, for a fee, to contact the outside world.
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 5:26am On Dec 30, 2013
ifegy:

Generally, it is up to the individual imprisoned to request to call either the embassy or their family or a lawyer or friend, etc. They still have the right to do that sort of thing even in prison, unless it's a completely lawless situation; and even then, fellow inmates may also have smuggled in cell phones which they can use, for a fee, to contact the outside world.

Thanks so much for your reply. The guy I am in a relationship with told me his wife travelled to Italy but never heard from her for the past 6 years. He moved on. We got to know each other. Everything was fine until the wife came back 1 week ago and trouble started. She claimed she was imprisoned. Now he cant divorce her as in based on what grounds to divorce? They have a son together. He tells me because of the son he cant divorce her as well. However he still loves me. I am from spore and he is a ph.d student in msia. I am at a lost and confused. We are really find with each other till this issue came up. This is why I ask this question here. How come nobody knew what happened to the wife all this years? Why wernt the family not informed?
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2013
breadtom: it seems u want to go and join the prostitution market in italy and u asking if u get caught wat will happen to u indirectly u beta look for somtin doing and stay bck here in nigeria ur likes are the kind of pple dat travel abroad and spoil our image.it not worth it take it or live it I mean ashawo work.

Thanks for your reply. I am asking this question because of another person. I am from singapore. I need not go and do prostitution in any country to survive, I have my education that will enable me to get a decent job.
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2013
shanitha:

Thanks for your reply. I am asking this question because of another person. I am from singapore. I need not go and do prostitution in any country to survive, I have my education that will enable me to get a decent job.

Also I didnt know that nigerians did this kind of things and tarnish nigeria 's 'reputation. You should check who you are sending these kind of replies to instead of pointing finger at me to say I spoil your country image
Re: Enquiry by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sorry for your relationship; Hope u get him back wink

Don't judge somebody u don't know especially on this virtual world where u don't know who is behind the screen; @ the guy who treats pple as prostitue for just a question sad bullshit
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
azjaponnaisnoir: Sorry for your relationship; Hope u get him back wink

Don't judge somebody u don't know especially on this virtual world where u don't know who is behind the screen; @ the guy who treats pple as prostitue for just a question sad bullshit

Thanks so much for your reply. As it is I am already upset. You are so right. Just a question and I become a prostitute. If nigerians are doing that then why people who are decent must be treated as such. Prostitution is a shameful trade. How did I get associated with this prostitution crap?
Re: Enquiry by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
@ Shanita sorry u should forget about that; the bro tought you were one of those girls he goes round with who can take such a risk abroad; so just forget that cheesy no need to pay attention to shameless pple; lack of respect to women
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
azjaponnaisnoir: @ Shanita sorry u should forget about that; the bro tought you were one of those girls he goes round with who can take such a risk abroad; so just forget that cheesy no need to pay attention to shameless pple; lack of respect to women

I am used to insults. This wouldnt hurt. But thanks for your comforting words, Being heartbroken is painful enough. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Enquiry by ifegy: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
shanitha:
Thanks so much for your reply. The guy I am in a relationship with told me his wife travelled to Italy but never heard from her for the past 6 years. He moved on. We got to know each other. Everything was fine until the wife came back 1 week ago and trouble started. She claimed she was imprisoned. Now he cant divorce her as in based on what grounds to divorce? They have a son together. He tells me because of the son he cant divorce her as well. However he still loves me. I am from spore and he is a ph.d student in msia. I am at a lost and confused. We are really find with each other till this issue came up. This is why I ask this question here. How come nobody knew what happened to the wife all this years? Why wernt the family not informed?

Well, regardless of what really happened, the fact of the matter is, he says he can't divorce her and so he's not going to leave her for you. You need to take a deep breath, put your chin up and move on. If he truly loved you, he would not be doing this to you. For your sake, you need to cut your losses and move on.
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2013
ifegy:

Well, regardless of what really happened, the fact of the matter is, he says he can't divorce her and so he's not going to leave her for you. You need to take a deep breath, put your chin up and move on. If he truly loved you, he would not be doing this to you. For your sake, you need to cut your losses and move on.

Thanks for your reply. I thought of moving on too. He may not divorce her but he still wants to be with me. We have been through so much together and we both are not wiiling to give up, I am still moody just thinking of all this. cry
Re: Enquiry by ifegy: 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Give it up, girl. You're the side chick, he's looking for benefits without commitment, and when he's had his fill, he's going to move on. You both know that. The only questions is, do you move on now, rebuild your self respect and start building a new, fulfilling life? Or do you wait till a man who has no respect for you is done with stringing you along and treating you like dirt?
Re: Enquiry by shanitha(f): 7:18am On Jan 01, 2014
ifegy: Give it up, girl. You're the side chick, he's looking for benefits without commitment, and when he's had his fill, he's going to move on. You both know that. The only questions is, do you move on now, rebuild your self respect and start building a new, fulfilling life? Or do you wait till a man who has no respect for you is done with stringing you along and treating you like dirt?

Jeez,I dont want to be treated like dirt. Neither do I want to be taken advantage of

(1) (Reply)

Can You Sell All Your Properties Just To Travel Abroad? / Earthquake In Eugene, Oregon U.S. / Can U Leave Your Country For Good, With The Aim Of Never Returning For 50m??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.