Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! (611851 Views)

Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2016 Exercise(a Case Study Of 2014 Recruitment). / Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 2014 Recruitment Screening Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Akinife(m): 10:16am On Jul 08, 2015
Whaooo...this is serious...but they have spent around 7 months in training already.....sending them away won't that pose national issue...cos they are already familiar with the terrain.... Please no politics with national security.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by scoffield245(m): 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
akinife.u know ur onions well.@seun no such tin hapened we were neva sent home.2kas.are u done.keep up ur ranting.wia arth thou.come make ur unfounded speculations about me more.i only laugh at ur witchhunts.it doesnt bother me.ur bad belle wil only end in ur laterine
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by topygel: 12:41am On Jul 12, 2015
The changes at the Department of State
Services (DSS), Nigeria’s secret police, entered
another phase during the week with new
postings and a series of reversals.
TheCable understands that Marilyn Ogar, who
was until recently DSS deputy director, public
relations, has been transferred to Maiduguri,
Borno state, but the posting has now been put
on hold following insinuations that it was
“punitive”.

Ogar, as spokesperson, was responsible for
defending the activities of the agency in the
media and she is believed to be paying for some
of her pronouncements, notably in the face-off
with the Bring Back Our Girls movement and the
DSS raids on the Lagos office of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) last year.
She has already lost her promotion following the
nullification of the recent exercise.
“Right now, she is just hanging around in Abuja
awaiting the next order,” a source at the agency
informed TheCable.

President Muhammadu Buhari recently appointed
Lawal Musa Daura as the acting DSS director-
general following the resignation of Ita
Ekpenyong, who was reportedly asked to go
because of the “partisanship” of the agency
under former President Goodluck Jonathan.
About 45 new state directors who were promoted
under Jonathan have lost their new ranks as
their promotions have been reversed.
Buhari refused to swear them in last Thursday,
an indication that the promotion exercise had
been annulled.

Daura has also ordered the sack of fresh
graduates who were recently employed after an
eight-month training.

TheCable understands that Daura has been
mandated to probe the tenure of his
predecessor. An official from the office of the
secretary to the government of the federation
(SGF) has been pencilled down to do the job.
The official, from Katsina state, is expected to
be appointed as the new director of finance,
taking over from an operative from Plateau state
who was only appointed recently.

“Daura’s mandate is to probe Ekpenyong, but it
is not looking bright because some of the
allegations being examined are difficult to prove.
It has now been established that the raids on
APC office in Lagos were based on a tip-off by
an APC member. This has complicated matters,”
the source added.

DSS had raided the office on the allegation that
the voters’ biometric cards were being illegally
produced there, a move that generated public
outrage. The agency did not charge any suspect
to court.

Some top DSS operatives, meanwhile, are
beginning to question the capacity of the new
DG to pilot the affairs of the agency.
One of them told TheCable: “Daura was informed
about the attack in Kano way before it happened.
He refused to release money or approve the
operations until bombs went off in three states.
“His records show that he was at the very
bottom of his class, and during his service years,
his file was filled with a lot of queries that
should ordinarily disqualify him from the job.
There are a lot of competent northern officers
who can lead the DSS. Daura is not one of
them.”

The reorganisation exercise is expected to
continue as new governments usually fill
strategic positions at the agency with loyalists.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-drama-dss-
marilyn-ogar-transferred-maiduguri-recalled
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by damsy01(m): 4:59am On Jul 12, 2015
topygel:
The changes at the Department of State
Services (DSS), Nigeria’s secret police, entered
another phase during the week with new
postings and a series of reversals.
TheCable understands that Marilyn Ogar, who
was until recently DSS deputy director, public
relations, has been transferred to Maiduguri,
Borno state, but the posting has now been put
on hold following insinuations that it was
“punitive”.
Ogar, as spokesperson, was responsible for
defending the activities of the agency in the
media and she is believed to be paying for some
of her pronouncements, notably in the face-off
with the Bring Back Our Girls movement and the
DSS raids on the Lagos office of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) last year.
She has already lost her promotion following the
nullification of the recent exercise.
“Right now, she is just hanging around in Abuja
awaiting the next order,” a source at the agency
informed TheCable.
President Muhammadu Buhari recently appointed
Lawal Musa Daura as the acting DSS director-
general following the resignation of Ita
Ekpenyong, who was reportedly asked to go
because of the “partisanship” of the agency
under former President Goodluck Jonathan.
About 45 new state directors who were promoted
under Jonathan have lost their new ranks as
their promotions have been reversed.
Buhari refused to swear them in last Thursday,
an indication that the promotion exercise had
been annulled.
Daura has also ordered the sack of fresh
graduates who were recently employed after an
eight-month training.
TheCable understands that Daura has been
mandated to probe the tenure of his
predecessor. An official from the office of the
secretary to the government of the federation
(SGF) has been pencilled down to do the job.
The official, from Katsina state, is expected to
be appointed as the new director of finance,
taking over from an operative from Plateau state
who was only appointed recently.
“Daura’s mandate is to probe Ekpenyong, but it
is not looking bright because some of the
allegations being examined are difficult to prove.
It has now been established that the raids on
APC office in Lagos were based on a tip-off by
an APC member. This has complicated matters,”
the source added.
DSS had raided the office on the allegation that
the voters’ biometric cards were being illegally
produced there, a move that generated public
outrage. The agency did not charge any suspect
to court.
Some top DSS operatives, meanwhile, are
beginning to question the capacity of the new
DG to pilot the affairs of the agency.
One of them told TheCable: “Daura was informed
about the attack in Kano way before it happened.
He refused to release money or approve the
operations until bombs went off in three states.
“His records show that he was at the very
bottom of his class, and during his service years,
his file was filled with a lot of queries that
should ordinarily disqualify him from the job.
There are a lot of competent northern officers
who can lead the DSS. Daura is not one of
them.”
The reorganisation exercise is expected to
continue as new governments usually fill
strategic positions at the agency with loyalists.
https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-drama-dss-
marilyn-ogar-transferred-maiduguri-recalled
I guess dis will hasting up another recruitment for dis year....
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Polithiefcian(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
politifact:
I can tell you authoritatively that the last recruitment has been cancelled,all those in camp have been sent home immediately. The new DG pointed favourtism and lack of merit for its cancellation

You r on point bro. We were told dat dey selected d first 5 candidates per state. My name was on numba 4 on d list but wasn't called 2 camp. My insider thereafter confirmed 2 me dat my name was removed and replaced with a numba 29 candidate. Even d numba one candidate in my state wasn't called 2 camp.

I pray d new DG reviews d results/scores and make use of it for a proper recruitment
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by scoffield245(m): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
for those of u that made it and were removed i can never support the act.its good if meritocracy is used in recruitment.though the law allows and supports fed character quotas.but i believe anyone among the ist three shud be included if he meets other criterias.for me i did and was called to c
amp so i wont say there was no sincerity in the recruitment.rather u cud say the exams were too hard but still there were ist 2nd third.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by pearls336: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
Scoffield u didn't evn mk number 29 on the list stop lying biko, u only gt in because ur dad is also a dss agent. Ur score ws so low u were scared u wudnt get in. So pls let's hear word.

6 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by fritxie101(m): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2015
I can't say merit wasn't used in some states, but in my state which is Plateau, it wasn't. I happened to score the third highest and my friend the highest: we weren't short listed for camp (mind you am 25years old and my dude 27). But that's Naija for us. Just wishing us all, success in our respective hustles.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by seunkeji5(f): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2015
Merit was not use in Ekiti state, likewise Oyo state So those shouting merit was used should pls point out to the state where they make use of it ooooo
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by politifact: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
scoffield245:
for those of u that made it and were removed i can never support the act.its good if meritocracy is used in recruitment.though the law allows and supports fed character quotas.but i believe anyone among the ist three shud be included if he meets other criterias.for me i did and was called to c
amp so i wont say there was no sincerity in the recruitment.rather u cud say the exams were too hard but still there were ist 2nd third.
keep deceiving yourself,its a shame they wasted seven months in training. Looking forward to the next and fresh recruitment exercise.

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by nobosaba(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
When I told you guys earlier that at the time we were writing the exams people where already in camp. No one believed me. Anyway I don't blame the guys doing all this. People who are really willing to serve the nation never get a chance to.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by StallionBlack(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Polithiefcian(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lol @ d poster above me.

But those guys ought 2 av finishd camp training whc is 6 months. They shd be learning on d job @ d moment (3 months)

I have every reasons 2 blv those guys were not sent back home...

Shadowalker shd come and clarify o
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by StallionBlack(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
fritxie101:
I can't say merit wasn't used in some states, but in my state which is Plateau, it wasn't. I happened to score the third highest and my friend the highest: we weren't short listed for camp (mind you am 25years old and my dude 27). But that's Naija for us. Just wishing us all, success in our respective hustles.
true bro, there was nothing like merit. we only wasted our time travelling to the ends of the country in the name of writing exams. I was so frustrated when i witness the way i saw them cancelling people's names on the list and adding those that didnt even go thru the process with us. list kept on climbing while some names were been cancelled. imagine the rubbish.

Im sure many of them bought the position so they were bold enough to even come to camp with no luggage at first, some dey even wear slippers and strolled in casually. the annoying one i saw was wen one girl just walked in , her name wasnt on the list , the next thing she carry fone...2 minutes time security called her in.i just pity myself cos the next day i left the camp and travelled back to kano by 10AM from lagos by road in a scrabbed bus.

hehehe...this should not be a problem, no hurry in life ... we shall get there at the right, it wasnt just the right time.

Scoffield dey camp oh. I saw some nairalanders forming ghost agents, i just laugh #smh

Polithiefcian ...u are right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Polithiefcian(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:
true bro, there was nothing like merit. we only wasted our time travelling to the ends of the country in the name of writing exams. I was so frustrated when i witness the way i saw them cancelling people's names on the list and adding those that didnt even go thru the process with us. list kept on climbing while some names were been cancelled. imagine the rubbish.

Im sure many of them bought the position so they were bold enough to even come to camp with no luggage at first, some dey even wear slippers and strolled in casually. the annoying one i saw was wen one girl just walked in , her name wasnt on the list , the next thing she carry fone...2 minutes time security called her in.i just pity myself cos the next day i left the camp and travelled back to kano by 10AM from lagos by road in a scrabbed bus.

hehehe...this should not be a problem, no hurry in life ... we shall get there at the right, it wasnt just the right time.

Scoffield dey camp oh. I saw some nairalanders forming ghost agents, i just laugh #smh

So y did u lie dat u were called 2 camp?

Wah happened 2 d new intakes? Hope d news flying arnd isn't true
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by dee1wolex(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
So God has been watching u guys in his black n white TV. I was among the succesful ones from osun...i was called for verification frm dss headquarter...only to discover some pple hav already taken our place. God will not let them end wel IJN.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Polithiefcian:

So y did u lie dat u were called 2 camp?

Wah happened 2 d new intakes? Hope d news flying arnd isn't true
ur questions are irrelevant.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Philipsdael(m): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
How are u guys handling the unfurtunate issue? All families and buddies will be asking and feeling pity. Thats another annoying thing right?.
How are u coping ?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Polithiefcian(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:
ur questions are irrelevant.

Sorry
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Roseey0(f): 1:26am On Jul 19, 2015
A dept as secret as this must handle personnels discreetly. I dont even endorse an open recruitment like the last one that was done. This country is just too backward for my liking.

Imagine letting out country's secret infos and networks to political thugs and just waking up from the blues at this point? ??

Now I see why bh has been a hrd nut to crack.
Good luck Naija. I would have loved to be part of the solution but I see we dont even need one.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Roseey0:
A dept as secret as this must handle personnels discreetly. I dont even endorse an open recruitment like the last one that was done. This country is just too backward for my liking.

Imagine letting out country's secret infos and networks to political thugs and just waking up from the blues at this point? ??

Now I see why bh has been a hrd nut to crack.
Good luck Naija. I would have loved to be part of the solution but I see we dont even need one.
that's too bad... Guess when I knew about sSs as a secret service in Nigeria...hmmm! 2013 ooh! Why ? because they came public. I later got to know its even a secret service. EFCC doesn't even advertise to the public. There are many agencies that don't advertise to the public.
They already have lists of personns they want, why don't they screen within instead of making ppl waste their time and burn their hopes.
The qualified ones won't even be taken while the ones with coded pay gets in.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by SirWellington(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
scoffield245:
akinife.u know ur onions well.@seun no such tin hapened we were neva sent home.2kas.are u done.keep up ur ranting.wia arth thou.come make ur unfounded speculations about me more.i only laugh at ur witchhunts.it doesnt bother me.ur bad belle wil only end in ur laterine

Bros if you are truly in camp, you will know it has been cancelled.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by SirWellington(m): 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
shadowgwalker:

But with regards to the new intake, he is wrong.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Polithiefcian(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
SirWellington:

How?
SirWellington:

How?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by SirWellington(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Polithiefcian:

How?

How?

Their recruitment has been cancelled. Those who "really" got in know this already. For those who assume to be "in", they can keep on misleading the rest. That's all I can say.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Polithiefcian(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
SirWellington:

Their recruitment has been cancelled. Those who "really" got in know this already. For those who assume to be "in", they can keep on misleading the rest. That's all I can say.

Okay, everybody knows that the corrupt recruitment has been abrogated. I only feel bad for those affected
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by mkoabiola: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Frm tym immemorial ,SS has been selective and not on merit.
Even if d new DG conduct anoda recruitment ,d selection will nva b on merit(don't ask me Y)
I have 3 friends in SS,I knw hw dey got dere .4 get story.
But how true is it ddat d recent recuitment has been cancelled?
I need an authentic source.
Poundermaker,where ar u ,so u don find d SS job reach here ,lol!anyway ,hw is lyf?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by poundsmaker(m): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2015
mkoabiola:
Frm tym immemorial ,SS has been selective and not on merit.
Even if d new DG conduct anoda recruitment ,d selection will nva b on merit(don't ask me Y)
I have 3 friends in SS,I knw hw dey got dere .4 get story.
But how true is it ddat d recent recuitment has been cancelled?
I need an authentic source.
Poundermaker,where ar u ,so u don find d SS job reach here ,lol!anyway ,hw is lyf?
My amiable brother and officer at the same time. Lol, na observe I just dey observe the saga of this thread oooo. Don't you see it's interesting? And as for our ambition, we patiently waiting for the enlistment process to kick start. I'm good about life and yours? Victory is from God alone!
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by SirWellington(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
Akinife:
Whaooo...this is serious...but they have spent around 7 months in training already.....sending them away won't that pose national issue...cos they are already familiar with the terrain.... Please no politics with national security.

Not at all, do you also take into cognisance those that get sacked on the job? Those ones pose a great risk yeah. The point is, in camp, they are mainly thought the prelimenaries which I believe a smart "Nigerian" would know. You don't expect the "amateurs" to be privied to all the valid informations sequel to the fact that not all of them will likely pass out (that is in the case were the exercise wasn't cancelled).
The crux of the matter is, if you weigh the injustice done in the recruitment process with the risk of having those "illegaly" recruited kicked out, than to be injected into the service for 35 years....they should be kicked out. Merit should be the watch word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Akinife(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
SirWellington:

Bros if you are truly in camp, you will know it has been cancelled.
Boss I guess u are right that they have been chazed out of training camp...one of my boss mentioned it today R the office!
They should just start all over again!
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by henryblaze25(m): 6:38am On Jul 28, 2015
I smell big big talk and Lies

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (220) (Reply)

Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.