Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll (1863 Views)

APGA Recorded Victory In FCT Council Poll / APC Sweeps Sokoto Local Government Polls / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
The All Progressives Congress has won all 17 chairmanship seats contested for in the Yobe local government elections.

Announcing the results on Sunday in Damaturu, Chairman of the State Independent Electoral Commission, Alhaji Mohammed Jauro, said APC secured 999,700 of the 1.2 milion votes cast during Saturday’s elections.

He said the party also won the entire councillorship seats contested for.

The chairman said the electoral body did not receive any complaints from any quarters on the conduct of the elections.

“The successful conduct of the polls is a proof that peace has returned to the state,” Jauro said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that there had been fears that the poor security situation in the state, following insurgents’ activities, would affect the polls’ conduct.

However, the spokesman of the Military Joint Task Force in the state, Capt. Eli Lazarus, told NAN that the force had not received any report of security breach during the polls.

NAN reports that 10 political parties participated in the elections, with the main opposition party in the state, the PDP, boycotting the polls.

The party had cited the security situation as its reason for not taking part in the elections.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-sweeps-yobe-lg-council-poll
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Free and fair, as APC are Victors today. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Goddex: 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
atlwireles: Free and fair, as APC are Victors today. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[size=16pt]Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . their media team including PUNCH and others that cannot even spot the location of Yobe state on Nigerian map will try to justify it as free and fair. But when they lose, Mimiko rigged it or Peter Obi, PDP rigged it. Bunch of hypocrites. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
atlwireles:

APC secured 999,700 of the 1.2 milion votes cast during Saturday’s elections.
So up to 1.2 million people voted in a local govt election conducted in a state under state of emergency? Now compare with the last Anambra gubernatorial election where only about 500,000 voted.

From all indications, what happened in Yobe was rigging par excellence. Is this the new Nigeria as envisaged by APC? A country where elections are shamelessly and mindlessly rigged? Never! Nigeria has moved beyond that. We want a country where votes count. A country where the mandate of the people is respected, not manipulated. Nigerians say God forbid APC at the federal level.

3 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
APC will take over PDP...HA HA HA HA..in fact..i see AkwaIbom State Governor, Akpabio...crossing over to APC..I see many more Govs crossing over to APC...alas, the time has come, unless GEJ does the right things...he needs a new set of media advisers...Okupe and Abati will run him down..he needs people who are elderly and very subtle...he needs people of very high maturity and intellect to canvass for support, to sweet mouthly bring people to his side...that is all that he needs..otherwise,,..it will be all hell lose as Mass decamping will soon take place in the SS and SE..just watch and see.

3 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
[s]
soe: APC will take over PDP...HA HA HA HA..in fact..i see AkwaIbom State Governor, Akpabio...crossing over to APC..I see many more Govs crossing over to APC...alas, the time has come, unless GEJ does the right things...he needs a new set of media advisers...Okupe and Abati will run him down..he needs people who are elderly and very subtle...he needs people of very high maturity and intellect to canvass for support, to sweet mouthly bring people to his side...that is all that he needs..otherwise,,..it will be all hell lose as Mass decamping will soon take place in the SS and SE..just watch and see.
[/s]
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So up to 1.2 million people voted in a local govt election conducted in a state under state of emergency? Compare with the last Anambra gubernatorial election where only about 500,000 voted. From all indications, what happened in Yobe was rigging par excellence. Is this the new Nigeria as envisaged by APC? A country where elections are shamelessly rigged? Never! Nigeria has moved beyond that. Nigerians say God forbid APC at the national level.
O.D.E...so the Nigerian Army owned by the FG allowed the so called massive rigging abi? no..telll me na...500,000 people voted in Anambra including a bowl of rice and a bucket of pammy...for your info...have you forgotten that boko haram has not killed everyone in Yobe? oh..you thought your plans will work abi..hahahah wait till 2015...mind you, Yobe is a very very big state compared to anambra...and in a local govt election, everyone is more interested as this concerns their various communities more crucially. Bigot!!!

7 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So up to 1.2 million people voted in a local govt election conducted in a state under state of emergency? Now compare with the last Anambra gubernatorial election where only about 500,000 voted.

From all indications, what happened in Yobe was rigging par excellence. Is this the new Nigeria as envisaged by APC? A country where elections are shamelessly and mindlessly rigged? Never! Nigeria has moved beyond that. We want a country where votes count. A country where the mandate of the people is respected, not manipulated. Nigerians say God forbid APC at the federal level.

Is APC saying 990,000 voted in Yobe state yesterday? That's like 85% turn out in that desert state of the North.grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by 1wolex85: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

In 2011, gej got 1.165 million votes in anambra alone. In the last guber elections, not up to 500, 000 votes cast. Can we then say the pres election results from anambra state in 2011 was rigging per excellence?

7 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
[s]
soe:
O.D.E...so the Nigerian Army owned by the FG allowed the so called massive rigging abi? no..telll me na...500,000 people voted in Anambra including a bowl of rice and a bucket of pammy...for your info...have you forgotten that boko haram has not killed everyone in Yobe? oh..you thought your plans will work abi..hahahah wait till 2015...mind you, Yobe is a very very big state compared to anambra...and in a local govt election, everyone is more interested as this concerns their various communities more crucially. Bigot!!!

[/s]
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Goddex: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So up to 1.2 million people voted in a local govt election conducted in a state under state of emergency? Compare with the last Anambra gubernatorial election where only about 500,000 voted. From all indications, what happened in Yobe was rigging par excellence. Is this the new Nigeria as envisaged by APC? A country where elections are shamelessly rigged? Never! Nigeria has moved beyond that. Nigerians say God forbid APC at the national level.
[size=16pt]
The APC PUNCH declined telling us about the turnout (whether low or high). It's unbelievable that 1.2 million people will turn out to vote in a local govt election of a Boko Haram ravaged state like Yobe.[/size]

1 Like

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by 1wolex85: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
atlwireles:

Is APC saying 990,000 voted in Yobe state yesterday? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Did over 1million people vote in anambra state in 2011 and 500, 000 in this year's guber elections that generated so much interest? How does that add up?
My point, pdp rigs, apc rigs. Some of u gej apologists will say one of his achievements is free and fair election but thats not true. The only thing that stopped is ballot box snatching. Rigging is now being done at collation centres. Or is there another explanation for the difference in number of votes cast in 2011 and 2013 in anambra state? If there is, I would like to know.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
and they call PDP election riggers. clearly, the PDP are learners beside them in terms of rigging elections
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
[size=20pt]Get it right into your heart, with or without state of emergency, all Northern states must participate in 2015 election! Yobe(estimate population of 2,532,395people) people, you have done a good job, let the world know that 80% of you embrace the state of security and came out for voting!!! This is just the beginning GEJ.[/size]

1 Like

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
1wolex85:
Did over 1million people vote in anambra state in 2011 and 500, 000 in this year's guber elections that generated so much interest? How does that add up?
My point, pdp rigs, apc rigs. Some of u gej apologists will say one of his achievements is free and fair election but thats not true. The only thing that stopped is ballot box snatching. Rigging is now being done at collation centres. Or is there another explanation for the difference in number of votes cast in 2011 and 2013 in anambra state? If there is, I would like to know.

The Anambra election played out in front of our eyes. Inec was not prepared. I will wait till 2015 to make a comparison on the turnout issue.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Ngwakwe: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Can you imagine an election PDP boycotted produced such a massive number of voters?

Had PDP participated, the number of vote cast would have reached 2,000,000.

If I may ask why didn't they publish the results per Local Council for us to do the calculations ourselves?

I smell propaganda to prove JEGA wrong in his conclusion that election is impossible in States under Emergency Rule.

Sincere 9gerian:

3 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Ngwakwe: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
We are witnessing a new type of drama exclusively made in Nigeria and I believe PDP may use pen and the system programs to do their own manipulation come 2015.

I wouldn't encourage any Youth Corp member near Northern Nigeria during 2015 presidential election.

The signs are all out there for all to see. There wouldn't be any election in the proper sense of it rather manipulation of result sheets and thumb printing of ballot papers.

What a National disgrace.

1 Like

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by nduchucks: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Its really a matter of 2 can play this game since the president's team introduced it, beginning with the Anambra election which was condemned internationally.

Lets await INEC's announcements. Its 2015 or bust!!!! I suspect their will be 99% votes in support of APC's presidential candidate in 2015, in all the states under seige by both the JTF and BH.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Usbeel: [size=20pt]Get it right into your heart, with or without state of emergency, all Northern states must participate in 2015 election! Yobe(estimate population of 2,532,395people) people, you have done a good job, let the world know that 80% of you embrace the state of security and came out for voting!!! This is just the beginning GEJ.[/size]

Not a problem, come 2015 you will do the voting while PDP does the counting and announcement. Nah One Nigeria, no case for alarm.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by seanet02: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ngwakwe: Can you imagine an election PDP boycotted produced such a massive number of voters?
Had PDP participated, the number of vote cast would have reached 2,000,000.
If I may ask why didn't they publish the results per Local Council for us to do the calculations ourselves?
I smell propaganda to prove JEGA wrong in his conclusion that election is impossible in States under Emergency Rule.
Mumu

2 Likes

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by 1wolex85: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
atlwireles:

The Anambra election played out in front of our eyes. Inec was not prepared. I will wait till 2015 to make a comparison on the turnout issue.
This your answer is not clear at all. There was large turn out, a supplementary election was held the following day, yet 500, 000 votes cast. How did this reduce drastically from 2011, we are talking about a diff of over 600, 000 votes. I just need a logical explanation for this.
If not, we can conclude that the election was rigged in gej's favour in 2011 OR
Abt 50 percent did not get to vote in the 2013 guber elections because inec was not prepared as you said. So it would be fair they cancel the elections.

PS: I know people could have died, and people could have migrated but this is offset greatly by people who were 16 and 17 in 2011 and would have been eligible to vote in 2013.
Such people were registered 1 month to the election by inec.
So if you can, explain the 600, 000 votes difference.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
1wolex85:
This your answer is not clear at all. There was large turn out, a supplementary election was held the following day, yet 500, 000 votes cast. How did this reduce drastically from 2011, we are talking about a diff of over 600, 000 votes. I just need a logical explanation for this.
If not, we can conclude that the election was rigged in gej's favour in 2011 OR
Abt 50 percent did not get to vote in the 2013 guber elections because inec was not prepared as you said. So it would be fair they cancel the elections.

PS: I know people could have died, and people could have migrated but this is offset greatly by people who were 16 and 17 in 2011 and would have been eligible to vote in 2013.
Such people were registered 1 month to the election by inec.
So if you can, explain the 600, 000 votes difference.

There was a large turnout, yet tons of complain of people not been able to vote. I will wait till 2015 to make any comparisons. The failure of Inec in Anmabra makes this a must for me.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by agbameta: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
And this silliness alters the fact that INEC registered bowl of rice.....

smh..
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Goddex:
[size=16pt]
The APC PUNCH declined telling us about the turnout (whether low or high). It's unbelievable that 1.2 million people will turn out to vote in a local govt election of a Boko Haram ravaged state like Yobe.[/size]

Voters across Yobe on Saturday turned out in large numbers to cast their votes to elect chairmen and councillors of the 17 local government areas in the state.

A News Agency of Nigeria correspondent who visited some polling booths in the capital Damaturu as well as some local government areas reports that scores of people lined up at the various polling booths as early as 7 a.m. to accredit and cast their votes.

A correspondent, who also visited Bamari, Kalalawa, Ajeri, Gaidam and Bukarti towns, also reported large turnout of voters.

There was, however, heavy security presence in all the polling booths as well as major streets in Damaturu with a combined team of soldiers, police, civil defence corps and immigration officers watching over.

Shops and other businesses were closed while restriction on movement was imposed throughout the state from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Reports from other parts of the state also spoke of security build up to forestall any unforeseen circumstances.

Only 10 parties participated in the polls while the major opposition party in the state, the PDP, boycotted the election.

Speaking to journalists after casting his vote, the state Governor, Ibrahim Gaidam, said the conduct of the election had proved skeptics wrong on the security situation in the state.

He blamed “mischievous politicians’’ for raising false alarm of a possible breakdown of law of order in the state.

Yobe is one of the three states under emergency rule following the activities of the Boko Haram.

“We know what is going on here because we are here on the ground. We know the security situation in our state that is why we went ahead to conduct the election,” Mr. Gaidam said.

The governor said that from the reports he received, eligible voters cast their votes peacefully in all the 17 local government areas in the state.

“You can see we have gotten relative peace when I was coming here; I inspected about three areas and the elections were going on peacefully and I am sure we will conclude it safely.

“So, I think politicians should stop making noise since they are not on ground. We are the ones on the ground; anytime this kind of thing is happening, they should call us to give them the true positions of things on the ground,’’ Mr. Gaidam said.

Also speaking to journalists, a member of the House of Representatives, Goni Lawal, described the election as successful, adding that many people came out to cast their votes.

Mr. Lawal said that he went round about 10 local government areas to inspect the conduct of the polls and found that a large turnout of voters was recorded in the many areas.

Femi Bafunsho, Chairman Justice and Equity for All, an NGO, who was observing the conduct of the polls, said the turnout in most polling units was commendable.

The Chairman of the State Independent Electoral Commission, Hannatu Binyat, said that reports received from across the state indicate a peaceful conduct of the elections.

(NAN)

Source: Premium times and News Agency of Nigeria (NANS).

Hope this answers you
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Congratulations to the APC for massively rigging successfully. As they celebrate, let them remember that it is now who outrigs another that carries the day. Let them not hang Jega for nothing.

Jega is not the problem with elections. Our laws and politicians are !

1 Like

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Olaolufred(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
PDP DID NOT PARTICIPATE.
YOBE WILL ALWAYS VOTE AGAINST PDP IN THE PRESENT DISPOSITION.
LIKE OBI CAPITALISED ON IGBO DEPORTATION TO WIN SENTIMENTS. YOBE PEOPLE WILL RESIST PDP FOR EMERGENCY RULE. WHILE IT HELPED THEM, MILITARY EXCESSES COULD MAKE THEM RESENT PDP LED FG.

TO TURN OUT, THE NORTH IS KNOWN FOR MASSIVE TURN OUT DURING ANY ELECTION.

IN ANAMBRA, PEOPLE WANTS TO VOTE, BUT APGA + INEC DID ALL THEY CAN TO LIMIT VOTING NUMBER TO 400000+ OUT OF 1.5 MILLION.

PDP IS THE ONLY PARTY THAT CAN CHALLENGE APC, BUT THEY PULLED OUT.

HENCE THIS RESULT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by OmoTier1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Olaolufred: PDP DID NOT PARTICIPATE.
YOBE WILL ALWAYS VOTE AGAINST PDP IN THE PRESENT DISPOSITION.
LIKE OBI CAPITALISED ON IGBO DEPORTATION TO WIN SENTIMENTS. YOBE PEOPLE WILL RESIST PDP FOR EMERGENCY RULE. WHILE IT HELPED THEM, MILITARY EXCESSES COULD MAKE THEM RESENT PDP LED FG.

TO TURN OUT, THE NORTH IS KNOWN FOR MASSIVE TURN OUT DURING ANY ELECTION.

IN ANAMBRA, PEOPLE WANTS TO VOTE, BUT APGA + INEC DID ALL THEY CAN TO LIMIT VOTING NUMBER TO 400000+.

PDP IS THE ONLY PARTY THAT CAN CHALLENGE APC, BUT THEY PULLED OUT.

HENCE THIS RESULT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.

Very well said! This is the difference between we Southerners and the North when it comes to elections. They always go out enmass to vote, especially when their religious leaders have instructed them to go and vote.

Like you rightly pointed out, the state of emergency imposed by GEJ, though needful long time ago will no doubt be used by local politicians against GEJ And the PDP as attempt by GEJ to Windhoek them come 2015, and that would definitely play very well into the hands of the opposition.
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Why has APC not put out their usual series of Press releases alleging rigging. There were soldiers every where in Yobe and the federal government did not use them to rig the elections Soldiers in Edo, Ondo,Delta and Anamabra were all accused by APC of detaining their agents, beating up their supporters and thumb printing ballots. What happened in Yobe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by Ngwakwe: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Stop being ridiculous, the Anambra Election was issue of disenfranchised Electorates and compromised logistics from INEC not result manipulation by political parties.

ndu_chucks: Its really a matter of 2 can play this game since the president's team introduced it, beginning with the Anambra election which was condemned internationally.

Lets await INEC's announcements. Its 2015 or bust!!!! I suspect their will be 99% votes in support of APC's presidential candidate in 2015, in all the states under seige by both the JTF and BH.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

1 Like

Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by 1wolex85: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
atlwireles:

There was a large turnout, yet tons of complain of people not been able to vote. I will wait till 2015 to make any comparisons. The failure of Inec in Anmabra makes this a must for me.
Then the anambra elections should be cancelled!
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by atlwireles: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
1wolex85:
Then the anambra elections should be cancelled!

That's why we have election tribunals
Re: APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll by agbameta: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ngwakwe: Stop being ridiculous, the Anambra Election was issue of disenfranchised Electorates and compromised logistics from INEC not result manipulation by political parties.

Wetin logistics get to do with registering Bowl Of Rice?

lmao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nsukka Traditional Ruler Sets Enslaved Villagers Free / 'The Johnsons' the best family comedy show / JONATHAN'S DECLARATION ; TAN Adorns FCT Green, White For President Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.