Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (60719 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
adconline:
It's about common sense! Tata tried selling a $5k and failed. Industrialization does not start from making card. Make bicycle, wheelbarrow and motorcycle first.
Could you please enlighten me on this your common sense?
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by nduchucks: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: Hyundai and Kia cars start below 1.2m even without assembling them in Nigeria and they are becomIng IncreasIngly popular amongst the mIddle class. The picanto starts at N1, 179, 000 the i10 starts at about 1m, while the getz and accent are roughly 1.4m for low trim levels. Nissan is a brand of repute and they're capable of doing what the Koreans are mastering- combining economy with class.

It's true that the average Nigerian would rather satisfy his craving for luxury than trade off for utility even if several others would afford their daily meals off that sacrifice. I'm sure most wealthy Indians didn't like it when Ghandi made them wear locally spun cloth but it was for the good of the Indian economy. The public needs to be educated and properly orientated - we are all responsible for building the nation.

Please do not decieve people with misinformation. Here is a brand new Kia Picanto which hit the UK for £10.245, yet you want us to believe that it starts at N1.179,000. Do you think that the car companies are in business to do Nigerians a favour by selling cars to them at cost or lower?

You see, if the Kia Picanto is sold at the price you quoted, the car must have been stripped of safty features, comfort features, and made of materials which will scatter upon a major accident - materia which would be closer to plastic than the typical material used for real Kia Picanto.

If you doubt what I am saying, go to any Nigerian dealership, say a Honda dealership, and take a look at the Dubai imported or South Africa assembled cars and compare to a Tokunbo and the difference will be clear.

Trust me, when the manufacturers tell you that they are tropicalizing their cars for the Nigerian marker, they mean stripping them of safety features and reducing quality significantly.

What you'll get for N1.2million cannot be very safe cars. What the government should be promoting is true manufacturing, i. e. from scratch. They should be encouraging our Engineers to design great products, give us uninterruptible power, and most of all, jump start Ajaokuta so that we can at least, manufacture a single nail from scratch!!

Here is the £10.245 Kia Picanto:

Trust me, this is not what you will get for N1.18million in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by kubi240: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
[quote
author=Siena]I too would rather buy a 10-year-old Audi,
than a brand new assembled-in-Nigeria car, regardless of how cheap it
is.
[/quote]u ar telling me u dt believe in your self
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
presher: just assumption and guess who is naive
because it takes more than a Naija minister's pronouncement to build a car. It's not a govt official that designs a car but car companies. Naija does not even have prototype but Tata is already making one, even though it's failure as TATA recently said.
U don't build cars by executive FIAT but by long term planning! This is like another " we will generate 10K MW by Dec 2013.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by bfire(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Truckpusher: But you want the same country to industrialize? undecided....smh

Assemblying of cars is not INDUSTRIALIZATION.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by FlyboyZee: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks: All things being equal, these Smart cars which are abundantly available in India, Brazil, and even the USA, in my opinion, are the only cars which can be assembled in Nigeria and sold to the public profitably, at the N1million - N1.2million price range.

Nwanne m, I'd rather but a 1998 Toyota Corolla brought in from Benin than any of these cars. What about you?

This one was spotted in the USA

This one in India

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles. SMDH

OP, that's a blantant lie. @Siena, you disappointed me on this one.
Kia Picanto sells for about N950,000.00 - N1,200,000.00 in Nigeria. Hyundai i10 also goes for about the same amount.

In Abuja, this 2 cars are about the in-thing now with so many young car owners, especially the babes.

So why should you draw conclusions on someone else' perceptions, more especially when the person lives very far away, is not realistic and his drawing his/her conclusions on baseless assumptions.

Why are we so quick to condemn, but very very slow to notice the goodies around us?

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Teaxa(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is d best coffin u can gt in 9ja nwadays...So ma peepz be advised 2 write ur will,eat ur last supper n last prayer included b4 u gt on board...So pls,kindly ignite d engine 4 fast n furious 8. grin
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by FlyboyZee: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks: All things being equal, these Smart cars which are abundantly available in India, Brazil, and even the USA, in my opinion, are the only cars which can be assembled in Nigeria and sold to the public profitably, at the N1million - N1.2million price range.

Nwanne m, I'd rather but a 1998 Toyota Corolla brought in from Benin than any of these cars. What about you?

This one was spotted in the USA

This one in India

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles. SMDH

Do you know that by the early 1960s, the US had begun placing stiff import tariffs on certain vehicles. The chicken tax of 1964 placed a 25% tax on imported light trucks. In response to the tariff, Toyota, Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co. began building plants in the US by the early 1980s (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota).

This is the precursor to why every motor vehicle manufacturer has a plant in the US. At that time the US had their own infrastructural and economic problems, but that did not deter the car makers. All of una wey no want make all the major car makers build plants for Naija na thunder go fire una Mama and Papa them. Read a little of the US history before you begin to compare Naija to the US. They (US) went through worst situations than Naija in their formative years and these were well documented, before they come the form Big Brother to other countries wey wan try arrange.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is a very mischievous OP who blatantly has an agenda against made in Nigeria products. Look through his post history.
And FYI to those rushing to comment without even reading the post, the OP has gone to search for Indian made Tata Nanos and presented these to you as "potentially" the cars which will be 'forced' on us.
So either the OP has industry inside knowledge to know that all the cars that will be produced in Nigeria will look like plastic lunchboxes or he is posting lies in pursuit of an agenda!

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO GULLIBLE?

3 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solutions247(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked HOPE AM ONLY DREAMING embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
bfire:

Assemblying of cars is not INDUSTRIALIZATION.
Even the so-called heavily industrialized countries do not manufacture all the components that makes up their entire products. Reason being that no country possesses all the required technology and even if they do have all the tech. they can't or will not because they do not have all the raw materials readily in abundance to manufacture the entire components and finally even if they have both, trade treaties could become another factor disallowing them from producing/manufacture some components because the trade treaties they must have had with other countries that can duplicate their product too must be respected.

What makes you feel that OBJ succeeded with the local content policy ?
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
daz_york: This is a very mischievous OP who blatantly has an agenda against made in Nigeria products. Look through his post history.
And FYI to those rushing to comment without even reading the post, the OP has gone to search for Indian made Tata Nanos and presented these to you as "potentially" the cars which will be 'forced' on us.
So either the OP has industry inside knowledge to know that all the cars that will be produced in Nigeria will look like plastic lunchboxes or he is posting lies in pursuit of an agenda!

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO GULLIBLE?
We aren't gullible ,but we are here to educate him ,to enable him flee from his genetically ingrained stewpidity.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solomon111(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Some Nigerians are sworn to always be anti-Nigerian progress just because of their selfish ends.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Truckpusher: Even the so-called heavily industrialized countries do not manufacture all the components that makes up their entire products. Reason being that no country possesses all the required technology and even if they do have all the tech. they can't or will not because they do not have all the raw materials readily in abundance to manufacture the entire components and finally even if they have both, trade treaties could become another factor disallowing them from producing/manufacture some components because the trade treaties they must have had with other countries that can duplicate their product too must be respected.

What makes you feel that OBJ succeeded with the local content policy ?

Don't mind him, he knows the truth. He is deliberately posting lies and mockery to contribute to a scenario where the new policy will be shelved due to being 'unpopular'.

There are many Nigerians on here who make noise about how they want Nigeria to get better and how "our leaders" are Satan the Devil etc etc, but as soon as one of these leaders does something to improve Nigeria which threatens their own individual stomach, you see this sort of horrible, despicable behaviour come out.

But the truth is that Nigeria is now on the road to greatness, regardless of who is in power or whose interests are hurt. You can't stop the other 180 million of us from progressing. One by one, all of you sewer rats who just want the country to remain stuck in the same pot because you benefit from it; one by one, you will all lose your livelihoods so that millions of us can gain ours.
You are not bigger than a whole country.
Just wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solomon111(m): 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
daz_york:
Don't mind him, he knows the truth. He is deliberately posting lies and mockery to contribute to a scenario where the new policy will be shelved due to being 'unpopular'.

There are many Nigerians on here who make noise about how they want Nigeria to get better and how "our leaders" are Satan the Devil etc etc, but as soon as one of these leaders does something to improve Nigeria which threatens their own individual stomach, you see this sort of horrible, despicable behaviour come out.

But the truth is that Nigeria is now on the road to greatness, regardless of who is in power or whose interests are hurt. You can't stop the other 180 million of us from progressing. One by one, all of you sewer rats who just want the country to remain stuck in the same pot because you benefit from it; one by one, you will all lose your livelihoods so that millions of us can gain ours.
You are not bigger than a whole country.
Just wait and see.
hahaha.
AMEN.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solomon111(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
One thing i know is that if Nigerians allows car dealers to influence them against this great policy,then we should stop fooling ourselves about how great we want Nigeria to be.
It means we want to remain a poor nation with high scale unemployment and low industrial base.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Please don't listen to the OP, the OP is a troll. Those are not the cars you will get for N1.5, those cars he posted are old washed away cars.

This is the range of car you will get at that price and they are very good, in fact i have one myself and i can guarantee that they are as reliable as your Toyota and Hondas, more affordable and easy to maintain.

These are pictures from the internet, Please hold while i post mine.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough: Please don't listen to the OP, the OP is a troll. These are not the cars you will get for N1.5, those cars he posted are old washed away cars.

This is the range of car you will get at that price and they are very good, in fact i have one myself and i can guarantee that they are as reliable as your Toyota and Hondas, more affordable and easy to maintain.

These are pictures from the internet, Please hold while i post mine.
Bros God bless you for this!

I will post mine up too soon
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
Here you go! Anyone who does not appreciate the FG on this is either ignorant, selfish or an "Olojukokoro".

N.B: My car is slightly above the 1.5 because of the high taxes on imported cars but this is what a N1.5 Million Naira car would look like if produced in Nigeria. Don't be deceived, this is the way forward for our great nation.

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by oluxy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Let appreciate their creativity na; make una no carry mouth spoil d car. Abi na which one u ever produce,...notin de beta for 9ja man eyes
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by nduchucks: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: One thing i know is that if Nigerians allows car dealers to influence them against this great policy,then we should stop fooling ourselves about how great we want Nigeria to be.
It means we want to remain a poor nation with high scale unemployment and low industrial base.

Supporting the Auto manufacturing (assembly) industry is one thing, but foolishly raising tariffs on import cars by 250% while the policy makers continue to issue waivers to themselves to import their own cars is not only foolish and unreasonable, but also wicked.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by superstar1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
even if dem dash mii, i no go collect am.

Except, it comes with a duplex in Maitama as incentive.

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Supporting the Auto manufacturing (assembly) industry is one thing, but foolishly raising tariffs on import cars by 250% while the policy makers coninue to issue waivers to themselves to import their own cars is not only foolish and unreasonable, but also wicked.

Bro do you live abroad? If NO then shut the fvck up, if YES, then you either don't own a car or you don't own an imported car. Taxes on imported cars is way above 300%. I own one and i am telling you from experience not hearsay.

Or are you a tokunbo car dealer? Ohhh i see you're trying to protect your own interest while you subject Nigerians to poverty. grin grin Wise Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by LordCenturion(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Beennkumar:
Can I get you one from India? cheesy

Yez, if you wish, am gonna appreciate it

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ketoprofen(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Am sure innoson will come with brighter ideas
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough:

Bro do you live abroad? If NO then shut the fvck up, if YES, then you either don't own a car or you don't own an imported car. Taxes on imported cars is way above 300%. I own one and i am telling you from experience not hearsay.

Or are you a tokunbo car dealer? Ahhh you're trying to protect your interest while you subject Nigerians to poverty. grin grin Wise Igbo man.
because u don't have the brain to grasp common sense. Tata, Scion, skoda and chinese brands are going to be imported. Keke Napep is made by Bajaj of India. Why impose high tariff on tukonboh and allow their cronies to import brand new cars? How many public official are going to get import waivers to import cars of their choice? Does living in Naija negate common sense?

4 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
ketoprofen:
Am sure innoson will come with brighter ideas
Since they have not come, why impose high tariffs on used ones? Toyota Nigeria sold less than 20k new units this year.. highest in the country. It tells u that these small box cars have not gotten the attention of car buyers.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by nduchucks: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough:

Or are you a tokunbo car dealer? Ohhh i see you're trying to protect your own interest while you subject Nigerians to poverty. grin grin Wise Igbo man.

I really do not have time to train intellectual midgets how to read and comprehend what they read.

Go back and reread my posts and may God be with you as you drive your N1.5million car so that you will never experience just how safe it is. All that glitters is not gold.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
adconline:
because u don't have the brain to grasp common sense. Tata, Scion, skoda and chinese brands are going to be imported. Keke Napep is made by Bajaj of India. Why impose high tariff on tukonboh and allow their cronies to import brand new cars? How many public official are going to get import waivers to import cars of their choice? Does living in Naija negate common sense?

Bro it is you who don't have common sense. If taxes on imported cars is increased to at least 300%, you won't like to buy the same quality of car at a higher price and also pay exuberant taxes to the Govt. So you will be forced to patronize the local manufacturers.

When the importers see that they are loosing the market, they will be forced to open their assembly plant in Nigeria which will create jobs and also enhance our local industries cos the importers won't be importing every component of the cars, they would be buying our wires, leather, textiles, rubber etc. This is ECONOMICS 101 even though i'm not an Economist. grin

Now tell me that you are not as short sighted and vision-less as our fathers who put us in the mess we are today with their selfish, give-me-free attitude.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I really do not have time to train intellectual midgets how to read and comprehend what they read.

Go back and reread my posts and may God be with you as you drive your N1.5million car so that you will never experience just how safe it is. All that glitters is not gold.

Shut up bro, you are as weak and vision-less as your fathers who never thought about the future. These cars are as safe as your Toyotas and Hondas, these big companies are selling you their big names just as Gucci and Lewis Vuitton sells you the same $20 t-shirt for $400 and you gladly buy it to massage your ego.

Why did you open a thread to deceive the public? Huh? You sit in your fathers house and see the cars they sell for 1.5 Million.

NL please note that @ndu_chucks is one of the problem with Nigeria, he's a nuisance to the society and an enemy of prosperity. He should be quarantined ASAP before he lay eggs. We have enough morons in Nigeria already.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough:

Bro it is you who don't have common sense. If taxes on imported cars is increased to at least 300%, you won't like to buy the same quality of car at a higher price and also pay exuberant taxes to the Govt. So you will be forced to patronize the local manufacturers.

When the importers see that they are loosing the market, they will be forced to open their assembly plant in Nigeria which will create jobs and also enhance our local industries cos the importers won't be importing every component of the cars, they would be buying our wires, leather, textiles, rubber etc. This is ECONOMICS 101 even though i'm not an Economist. grin

Now tell me that you are not as short sighted and vision-less as our fathers who put us in the mess we are today with their selfish, give-me-free attitude.
He is not ignorant, I repeat. He is deliberately telling lies! He said "why allow govt cronies to IMPORT brand new cars"? This, despite the title of the thread and the policy it references being about assembling or manufacturing cars in Nigeria. So how can one import a new vehicle into Nigeria and at the same time assemble or manufacture it in Nigeria?
Which one is it?

So you can see these are not your ordinary Nairaland dum dums, these guys are sophisticated liars and internet propagandists and you need to analyse their posts and take them on with all seriousness. The fate of Nigeria can rest on how well you destroy their points because if you allow even the tiniest lie of theirs to get through unopposed to infect the psyche of the general public viewing Nairaland, it could become a case of the lie being repeated often enough to become accepted as true.
These people are paid posters, they are not ordinary fo.ols.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / The N500 Million Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.