Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (60707 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by abatically(m): 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough: Please don't listen to the OP, the OP is a troll. Those are not the cars you will get for N1.5, those cars he posted are old washed away cars.

This is the range of car you will get at that price and they are very good, in fact i have one myself and i can guarantee that they are as reliable as your Toyota and Hondas, more affordable and easy to maintain.

These are pictures from the internet, Please hold while i post mine.

You lie. That car u posted is Perodua Myvi.. a Malaysian car and u will never get it for 1.5 million Naira. I know this because I live in Malaysia. The 1.3L manual base model of that car is sold for about 2 million naira. The one u posted is the 1.5L S.E model and it goes for 2.5 million naira for the manual and almost 3 million naira for the automatic. Now these cars are manufactured in a country where there is constant uninterrupted electricity and other resources. Now if those cars are to be manufactured in Nigeria where the company has to run their own generator because of lack of power, do u think the price will be the same? The younger brother of Myvi which is Viva starts at 1.2m for the 660BX. check the specs below

660cc DVVT engine 47hp @ 7,200rpm, 58Nm @ 4,400rpm
No power steering
No power windows
No central locking
No radio
No reverse sensors
Unpainted bumpers
Manual transmission only.

Now who would spend 1.2million for a 47hp car with no specs at all.. in the name of driving a new car?

The 1.0L of the same car called viva 1.0 Elite goes for 1.850 million naira for the manual and 2 million naira for the automatic .

Now I am not saying the govt initiative to start production of cars is bad.. but there are things that need to be taken care of before that. They should first give us stable electricity and good roads, then they can talk of assembling or manufacturing cars. Rome was not built in a day. Malaysia started making their own cars (Proton) in 1985 in collaboration with mitsubishi motors before parting ways in the early 2000's. It wasn't easy but today they have at least 2 indigenous automakers. Used cars are sold allover the world, placing a high tariff is not the solution, especially when they have not started selling made in Nigeria cars. This policy should come in place at least after 1-2 years of selling made in Nigeria cars. And people should have the ability to make their choice. Good cars don't come cheap trust me.. If they are going to sell a 1.2million naira brand new car then u can be rest assured its going to be of a very low quality. Then it will be back to the old saying that the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer.. because the rich ones will import their luxury cars regardless of the increase in import duties while the poor will be stuck with poorly made locally produced cars.. In the end, if everything goes fine.. maybe in 15-20 years time it might improve our economy.

4 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Negation: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Not a bad thread, not a bad ride. By reading this thread it's obvious why we need a super man or super woman president, because 80% of the people on this site (who love abusing the government) cannot and will not contribute more than lip service in the quest to make Nigeria great.

I'm not a preacher, i'm not trying to be on my soapbox, but how do we expect Nigeria to be truly independent and prosperous if we don't see that our creators have to start from somewhere? We laugh and laugh and say 'I'd rather buy a car from elsewhere, haha/etc' and then when a white person calls you a primitive prat who can't create something useful to save your life you will start to blame the government.

I'm looking forward to the day Nigerians create cars from company to conception to completion. And then the Government can put super, super, super tax on imported cars to 'politely' coerce Nigerians into supporting our own. Then when the creators get rewarded handsomely they can make even better cars.

4 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Arnoldo(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks: All things being equal, these Smart cars which are abundantly available in India, Brazil, and even the USA, in my opinion, are the only cars which can be assembled in Nigeria and sold to the public profitably, at the N1million - N1.2million price range.

Nwanne m, I'd rather but a 1998 Toyota Corolla brought in from Benin than any of these cars. What about you?

This one was spotted in the USA

This one in India

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles. SMDH
we already have made in nigeria cars go and google innoson cars and know more about it..its a made in nigeria car..jonathan commissioned d firm 2010 and its owned by an anambra. man named innocent go read abt it
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adadadon(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
Saw this somewhere
Abeg no stone me

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by andyprez(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Please can someone point out for me what's SMART about d smart car?
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Samxpress: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
We all pray that Nigeria should be a better place yet we criticize their efforts to be better, do you expect nigeria to start producing cars like bentley or ferrari overnight? Let's start with this one, it's a gradual process. Many people even in USA would like to be in Nigeria but all we do is add curse to the blessed country.We all pray that Nigeria should be a better place yet we criticize their efforts to be better, do you expect nigeria to start producing cars like bentley or ferrari overnight? Let's start with this one, it's a gradual process. Many people even in USA would like to be in Nigeria but all we do is add curse to the blessed country.We all pray that Nigeria should be a better place yet we criticize their efforts to be better, do you expect nigeria to start producing cars like bentley or ferrari overnight? Let's start with this one, it's a gradual process. Many people even in USA would like to be in Nigeria but all we do is add curse to the blessed country.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
lohvang4: Most of the people laughing at the govt effort to have made-in-Nigeria vehicles are either ignorant or deceitfully-wicked! These same people complain of no job, no industry, no money. Yet they want Nigerians to continue these consumption-economy that our useless rulers have established. Check out the video of Innosson Motor vehicle manufacturing plant and i am very proud to be a Nigerian. With people like Mr. Innosson who has no master in economy or military connections to have pull off this stunt, Nigeria is due for greatness. If the tariff increase is implemented, more of such vehicle manufacturing companies would spring up in no time. Mahatma Gandhi did more than increase tariff, India stopped living on imported goods. Any country that import its food, vehicles, clothing, has no future!
We Yoruba better shut out traps and roll our sleeves up. The Ibos are very smart people with great sense of business and resilience of a go-getter. If with all our so-called education, all we can do is hate GEJ and rant online while the Ibos are building cars, trucks, buses, then we're in for a rude shock. My friend left Onitsha by 8am this morning and got to Lagos before 2pm. I remember vividly during one ex-president, going to the east is through night bus. Lagos-Benin is a whole day journey. I boarded a bus in Benin by 8am and got to Lagos by 6pm. This happened in 2006.
I've told my friends in Channels TV to leave politics sensational news and go round the country and show us people like Innosson Motor Vehicles Manufacturing, people making effort to see Nigeria great!
Cos u are an ignoramus who does not know what it takes to build cars. I have been to Innoson factories and know a couple of his vendors. His Enugu plant alone has about 15 pcs of damaged 100-1500KVA gen sets. 45k litre tankers deliver diesel everyday to this factory. Dangote had to spend $million to build power plants for Obajana Cement plant. Folks like u who have not risked 50k in any investment love political statements like this. " knowledge is not enough , we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do"

3 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adugerald(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ditoya: Are you kidding me??
... Dis tin na 4th generation keke napep
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ddonolu: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
TOY OR EDIFICE.....The cars con resmble , d cars wey dey my car race toy angry
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by lastpage: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
adadadon: Saw this somewhere
Abeg no stone me

That is what happens when you have a President who had no shoes, while growing up! grin grin grin grin
I bet he was denied playing with such "Toy cars" as a kid ...and now, he wants to RE-LIVE HIS CHILDHOOD! shocked shocked

Next time, beware of "extremely poor people", .......they are always bitter and have an axe to grind. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by philips70(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
[b]Only one simple question I have for the supporters of this government move. Will the government of GEJ mandate all government parastatals and everyone in the presidency to use these cars or they will keep on buying the expensive imported state of the art cars with tax payers money and leave these ones for the impoverished masses? I could remember something like this was done with Leo Stan Ekeh's computers sometime ago. Is this not a country where most or all government officials live in mansions built with our money and drive exotic cars whilst public buildings and transport buses are left only for the downtrodden? Let them live by example and watch us follow them like zombies to do exactly same without anyone complaining. I have flown with a certain government official to Osubi airport in Warri before and on arrival 4 exotic cars were on wait to pick him up. This is a state official and your guess is as good as mine if he were a federal official. GEJ's supporters should try to be calming down and see where his critics are coming from before they go hard on them. This government have done close to nothing in curbing the excesses in governance but are quick to pull the belt hard on the ordinary people with policies that will never affect them. Bring change by example-simple!!![/b]

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solomon111(m): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
adconline:
Cos u are ignoramus who does not know what it takes to build cars. I have to been to Innoson factories and know a couple of his vendors. His Enugu plant alone has about 15 pcs of damaged 100-1500KVA gen sets. 45k litre tankers deliver diesel everyday to this factory. Dangote had to spend $million to build power plants for Obaja Cement plant. Folks like u who have not risked 50k in any investment love political statements like this. " knowledge is not enough , we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do"
Guy abeg go and sit down.
If innoson and dangote are not breaking even,then i'm sure they won't be in business.
Yes,electricity has been a problem,but then steps are being taken to resolve them.
We can't just sit down and wait until we get 24hrs electricity.
As the electricity privization scheme gradually begins to bear fruit, the cost of manufacturing the cars would reduce gradually.

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks: All things being equal, these Smart cars which are abundantly available in India, Brazil, and even the USA, in my opinion, are the only cars which can be assembled in Nigeria and sold to the public profitably, at the N1million - N1.2million price range.

Nwanne m, I'd rather but a 1998 Toyota Corolla brought in from Benin than any of these cars. What about you?

This one was spotted in the USA

This one in India

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles. SMDH

Which road them go drive this one? For nigeria road or for london or indian road.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solomon111(m): 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
philips70: [b]Only one simple question I have for the supporters of this government move. Will the government of GEJ mandate all government parastatals and everyone in the presidency to use these cars or they will keep on buying the expensive imported state of the art cars with tax payers money and leave these ones for the impoverished masses? I could remember something like this was done with Leo Stan Ekeh's computers sometime ago. Is this not a country where most or all government officials live in mansions built with our money and drive exotic cars whilst public buildings and transport buses are left only for the downtrodden? Let them live by example and watch us follow them like zombies to do exactly same without anyone complaining. I have flown with a certain government official to Osubi airport in Warri before and on arrival 4 exotic cars were on wait to pick him up. This is a state official and your guess is as good as mine if he were a federal official. GEJ's supporters should try to be calming down and see where his critics are coming from before they go hard on them. This government have done close to nothing in curbing the excesses in governance but are quick to pull the belt hard on the ordinary people with policies that will never affect them. Bring change by example-simple!!![/b]
Many govt parastals and even private companies are already using the made in Nigeria vehicles as a matter of policy.
GEJ has also promised to replace FG cars with made in Nigeria ones.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by solomon111(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
real22:

Which road them go drive this one? For nigeria road or for london or indian road.
No,for alien roads.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by donmatin(m): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
234GT: The good old volkswagen (ijapa) is better than these koropes.
u must either be from osun state or leaving der grin
234GT: The good old volkswagen (ijapa) is better than these koropes.
u must either be from osun state or leaving der

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by philips70(m): 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: Many govt parastals and even private companies are already using the made in Nigeria vehicles as a matter of policy.

Lots of promises bro. We keep our fingers crossed. Hope they also have the bullet proof technology? And also plan to include jets production since it's the new craze in a seemingly impoverished country? You can do us some good in spotting a likelihood of fulfillment of this promise in the just submitted budget for 2014. Too much waste in governance bro. Am a genuinely aggrieved Nigerian who is hyperactively sad the way public servants waste my tax money and commonwealth. Before you go hard on me am a Niger Deltan too. Plus my yearly tax can buy 2 of these Nigerian made cars yet I can't afford their luxury gotten at my expense.

3 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by jude33084(m): 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: Many govt parastals and even private companies are already using the made in Nigeria vehicles as a matter of policy.
GEJ has also [size=15pt]promised to replace[/size] FG cars with made in Nigeria ones.

I have been hearing these promises bro wink
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by bfire(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
The ability to build a house is not the same thing as having a good house and no matter how rich or smart you are, you can't start building from the roof down.

where are the fundamentals e.g electricity. There's no way an investor will subsidize automobile for any Nigerian whatsoever. It's either you get it as bad as they can come with the N1.2m or no one will buy at all; not even this government officials.

Probably most of you are still very young and are mixing emotions and politics to this very important decisions. In all fairness, no one says the ideal is not good. The implementation and execution is the problem. No one is even more Nigerian than any other Nigerians.

Ask this questions: where is VON & PAN?
Why did they stop assembly?
Where's Dunlop and Michelin?
Why leave for Ghana?
was it that tires importation were not banned?

What makes you buy a pair of jean and shirt and not made in Nigeria Ankara?
which of the two is cheaper?
were imported fabrics not banned?

what diminished the made in Aba sandals and shoes of the 80's?
why were they unable to survive the competition?
are your sole fitted with Nigeria made shoes, presently?

See, the answer to all this is power, power, power; i mean electricity.

Nigerians will never buy anything more than the price it is worth.

Automobile is not even near the basic needs of average Nigerian. There are lot's of things that we can manufacture and are been imported. Believe me, this policy will not create additional job if tailored to satisfy Nigeria market.

I desire that one day we'll get our acts together. This will not however happen based on sentiment, emotions and lies.
Let me have a land before and i get the seeds. Let's encourage people to start making tools and machinery from which we can design and create an identity.

3 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: Guy abeg go and sit down.
If innoson and dangote are not breaking even,then i'm sure they won't be in business.
Yes,electricity has been a problem,but then steps are being taken to resolve them.
We can't just sit down and wait until we get 24hrs electricity.
As the electricity privization scheme gradually begins to bear fruit, the cost of manufacturing the cars would reduce gradually.
Same ignorant posture politicians have maintained: we can become a developed nation without building infrastructure. We tried these things with ANAMCO, Volkswagen, PAN. Time to focus on infrastructure. We cannot compete with RSA in manufacturing when we generate 3500MW while RSA generates 40k MW. Dangote is into essential commodities i.e cement for shelter and food products while car manufacturing is part of durable goods and falls under discretionary spending

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nothing is wrong with those cars, I prefer a made in Nigeria products, its time we evolve.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by bfire(m): 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Yes, nothing is wrong with those cars.

They are definitely not made in Nigeria.

Do you know that the costs of importing these basic things: fans and pressing iron is more than twice the foreign exchange spent on cars.

Why can't we start making these basic things.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by abatically(m): 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough: Here you go! Anyone who does not appreciate the FG on this is either ignorant, selfish or an "Olojukokoro".

N.B: My car is slightly above the 1.5 because of the high taxes on imported cars but this is what a N1.5 Million Naira car would look like if produced in Nigeria. Don't be deceived, this is the way forward for our great nation.

i am not against the idea of Nigerians producing their own cars but i think there are a few things that should be taken care of before venturing into car manufacturing. There is no constant power (electricity) in this country. Don't be surprised that if the same company that made that ur car come to Nigeria they will sell,that car for more than 1.5 million naira because they are going to use their own generator to supply power. If they must sell for 1.5 then it will be trimmed and sub standard. Go to innoson plant in nnewi and see how many generators they have and how many millions they spend on diesel everyday.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by eaglechild: 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
The Datsun go costs about 1.5million.
It is built by Nissan, the main car company that is bidding to set up a plant here in Nigeria.
The car is proving to be a success in Indonesia, Russia and India.
Pls ignore the mischievous imaginary pics by the OP.

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Chibest2000(m): 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
You guys r jst funny n indeed jokers, if these cars were really built in Nigeria definitely Nigeria is moving fast in industrialization n vry soon will build a more reliable ones, cos if any1 here knows d first Indian built car will know wat am talking about, but 2day every1 will praise Indian in dat regards, same with other technological developed countries dat u know, so instead of causing dis move I suggest dat u embrace it with love n hop 4 a better 2moro. God bless Nigeria!!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by chebeoc(m): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2013
I don't know why everyone is complaining about power and how nigerian price 'll go up because of no electricity,but you refuse ask how much is labour in nigeria to compare to these countries.mini-wage in nigeria is less than $150 a month in nigeria but in those countries it's from 400$ up, so we have some advantage there.

i am not against the idea of Nigerians producing their own cars but i think there are a few things that should be taken care of before venturing into car manufacturing. There is no constant power (electricity) in this country. Don't be surprised that if the same company that made that ur car come to Nigeria they will sell,that car for more than 1.5 million naira because they are going to use their own generator to supply power. If they must sell for 1.5 then it will be trimmed and sub standard. Go to innoson plant in nnewi and see how many generators they have and how many millions they spend on diesel everyday.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by bsbability(m): 12:30am On Dec 31, 2013
this should be called advance keke maruwa!!!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by COOLDUN: 12:31am On Dec 31, 2013

Ok , lets wait until he does that, then we can follow, did he make the promise before or after his wife imported the BMW cars with waivers?
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 2:41am On Dec 31, 2013
chebeoc: I don't know why everyone is complaining about power and how nigerian price 'll go up because of no electricity,but you refuse ask how much is labour in nigeria to compare to these countries.mini-wage in nigeria is less than $150 a month in nigeria but in those countries it's from 400$ up, so we have some advantage there.

i am not against the idea of Nigerians producing their own cars but i think there are a few things that should be taken care of before venturing into car manufacturing. There is no constant power (electricity) in this country. Don't be surprised that if the same company that made that ur car come to Nigeria they will sell,that car for more than 1.5 million naira because they are going to use their own generator to supply power. If they must sell for 1.5 then it will be trimmed and sub standard. Go to innoson plant in nnewi and see how many generators they have and how many millions they spend on diesel everyday.
1st paragrahp: Low skilled labor is cheap in Naija,but highly skilled workforce is scarce let alone industrial manufacturing with high tech and optimization systems. Why is it that foreign skilled and trained workforce is still exploring and drilling our oil after over 50 years of oil majors in Naija? The cost of hiring and retaining expats to work in auto industry in Naija would wipe out whatever gain u might have made in hiring low skilled labor like security and drivers. Naija universities are teaching Fortran77 while we are talking about folks who are qualified as automotive manufacturing engineers.. Does any Naija university offer automotive engineering?
Nobody is against Naija building her own car but build the infrastructure first.It's like trying to do a heart suggery on a patient when there are no hospitals and doctors. Why can't govt ban foreign medical trips and in order to " force" Cleveland Clinics" to come to Naija?
Same way GSM companies came and charge the most expensive fees and offer the crappiest service.

3 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by hornyman(m): 3:37am On Dec 31, 2013
They certainly can't be serious, if they do then they got to be crazy. How can i splash my 1.2 million naira on such a crap? I'll rather settle for bicycle, Lord knows grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / The N500 Million Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limo (photos) / ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.