Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Wedding Nite - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Wedding Nite (5104 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
sowie bin doin sum paintings....continues
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
And the truth be said, I think she is a little bit right. I have not been in a relationship for quite a while now and Soji has been the only persistent guy.
Though I had a guy when I was in my first year but things just didn't work out as I expected because I did not really have much time for Deji.
Deji is a very nice guy, gentleman to the core! We had some certain things in common like he is a last born with three siblings like I was but only the male child. He was in his penultimate year when we met and apart from the fact that he is brilliant and cool headed, he is everything a girl dream for and needs in a man. His height, smile, charm, everything about him is just intimidating.
But with all his commitment and everything towards the relationship.... i squander it all!....
I never gave him much attention that he needed by always giving him excuse like; "I am busy", "in tutorial"....I just took him for granted!
But the shocker came a fateful nite when he was in his finals and invited me over for a dinner which we had a long chat and I vowed never to wear the gown I wore that nite again.
We talked about so many things but I never saw it coming and thought maybe it was a joke but it did happened!
All i could remember were those words he said to me and my reply.

He said; "The main reason I invited over tonight is that i've come to realize that you no longer value this relationship and all I want to know is your stand"
I dont know how it really happened but I told him
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
I will consider my academics first before any relationship comes in and if you think you are not really comfortable with the way things are going, just gimme a break!
And that was it, i never knew when I said it but i did that nite and I got more than 'I bargained for!
I asked for a break maybe because i was too confident that he is so much entangled and cant do without me but all I could comprehend was that I lost him that nite and I cried my eyes out and will never forget that day.
Bimpe too know quite well about the escapade.
But the truth is simple; "In life, there are some certain things we can't change no matter how hard we try, we can only try but we can't just get it right!"
I think that was what happened between Deji and I... I even heard he just got married last month...
Still lost in my thought I got a tap on my back and it was Bimpe.
The memory of Deji I just had even made me forget it is my birthday...
See let me go get us some ice cream, Bimpe said...
Few minutes after she left I heard a footstep approaching me from behind. It was quite a sunny afternoon but the breeze, tide and the current at the beach did compliment it.
Hey missy, I heard a deep masculine voice.
With my left hand on my eyebrows protecting my eyes from ray of the sun, i took a quick swipe at the person standing before me.
He was wearing a pair of sandals with a brown short and a sky blue top. He must be in his early or mid twenties, 25 i guess, quite tall and athletic 6ft 2in i think.
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
So I stood up dusting my palms and my body.
Hey, I replied.
"I was just passing by and what interest me most is why a beautiful girl like you is sitting down here alone all by yourself....and to ask if you are not scared, he said.
I smirked, scared?
maybe, he said.
You mean as old as I am?
that's weird...besides I came here with a.....
He then cuts in; "Wait, it seems i have seen this face somewhere but can't really figure that out. No wonder some certain shapes you've got here looks familiar and exquisite.
I scowled, but before I could say a word he stretched out his hand and said.
I'm Biola by the way.
I relunctantly and non challantly bring forth my hand with the tip of my finger touching his palm but he held onto my hand firmly shaking it in the process.
Jola, shaking my head like agama lizard in affirmation.
hmmm...i sighed after he let go of my hand.

"Today is my mum's birthday so she asked me to drive her down here since dad is not available...though I had some certain things I have to attend to but you know how you women can be. I had no option than to allow her will prevail which i find quite rewarding because I won't be opportuned to have a chat with an intriguing endowment like you I must say."
I know this might sound awkward but
my mum once told me she met my dad on a sunny day like this sitting down in a beach waiting for her....
But before he could finish, I heard Bimpe's voice.
I can see you've got yourself a company, she said.
(How happy I was, thank God atleast I will be a little bit free of this guy.)
What took you so long, I inquired?
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
#Still following

Do space your work, and work on the tenses and employ the use of quotation marks...

Keep 'em coming

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by bravolyk(m): 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
would still say this "she is a good writer" I love this story,keep em coming
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
bravolyk: would still say this "she is a good writer" I love this story,keep em coming

Bros please are you referring to my post?

Mind you I never said he isn't a good writer, I love the story too which is why I'm following.

I'm just helping out by pointing corrections, it's all for the best and it will help him to be better.

Thank you
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sorry,i had a delay before I could get the key to the tally which our locker was.
And here is your ice cream.
Thanks dearie, you came right on point!, I said smiling...
The beach has really taken a different shape since a new company has taken over the beach premises.
There's been a whole hell lot of improvement in the safety of life and properties in the beach. One can see professional divers and their speed boat around available just in case of any accident whatsoever....
Hey honey, am biola...he said facing Bimpe.
Hi, Biola am Bimpe...and both of them exchanged pleasantries.

Bimpe can we go horse riding, I said
Why not, she replied.
See you guys around, he said and left.
I was expecting him to ask for my contact but he didn't. ..
I can tell that guy is really into you from the look in his eyes, Bimpe inquired laughing.
That guy is a toady!
I was just praying every second you'll show up.
He is a playboy!...But here you are laughing out loud like "dumebi", I said.
"It seems I know who to call now incase you get naughty, she said"

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal:

Mind you I never said she isn't a good writer, I love the story too which is why I'm following.

I'm just helping out by pointing corrections, it's all for the best and it will help her to be better.

Thank you

fanx dear bur am a guy!
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
bravolyk: would still say this "she is a good writer" I love this story,keep em coming
not a she bro...but a lazy writer...fanx!
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abyolah:

fanx dear bur am a guy!

#Modified

Sorry about thatsmiley

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
and here is 1 of d pastel portrait av bin painting all day

still gt mre to fnsh up tonite...more updates comin tomao...

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abyolah: and here is 1 of d pastel portrait av bin painting all day

still gt mre to fnsh up tonite...more updates comin tomao...

wow!

Me likeysmiley

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Fonydear(f): 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
This potrait is lovely.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by donkross1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal:

wow!

Me likeysmiley
. I wonder why am always jamming dz stefikal n we v never said hi to each other before. #justataught. Btw abyolah I don mark register today berrat ooo.
Re: My Wedding Nite by bravolyk(m): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal:

Mind you I never said he isn't a good writer, I love the story too which is why I'm following.

I'm just helping out by pointing corrections, it's all for the best and it will help him to be better.

Thank you

no offense I wasn't talking to u...I guess u misunderstood me

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by bravolyk(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abyolah:
not a she bro...but a lazy writer...fanx!

alright boss
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
don kross: . I wonder why am always jamming dz stefikal n we v never said hi to each other before. #justataught. Btw abyolah I don mark register today berrat ooo.

lolzzz... I'm taking the bold step then.
*waves*
Hi Don krosssmiley
Re: My Wedding Nite by donkross1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal:

lolzzz... I'm taking the bold step then.
*waves*
Hi Don krosssmiley
. Dz must be a dream, let me sleep n wake up *reopensthread* its for real ooo, make I compose maself so she no go dey blush. Ohh hii miss. How was your day ?

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Nite by Iceprincehkn(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2013
don kross: . Dz must be a dream, let me sleep n wake up *reopensthread* its for real ooo, make I compose maself so she no go dey blush. Ohh hii miss. How was your day ?
yhu got me laughing brogringringrin!
Re: My Wedding Nite by donkross1(m): 9:28am On Dec 31, 2013
Iceprincehkn: yhu got me laughing brogringringrin!
. Lol no mind me jare brova
Re: My Wedding Nite by LarrySun(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
stefikal:

Mr Larry, compliments of the season.
It's been a whilesmiley
Thanks 'kal, how are you?
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Thanks 'kal, how are you?

I'm good.. Trust you're doing great too...

Let me not derail.. Happy new year in advance
Re: My Wedding Nite by LarrySun(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
stefikal:

I'm good.. Trust you're doing great too...

Let me not derail.. Happy new year in advance
Thanks dear. Forgive me for the pause in my reviews, kinda preoccupied. You may send it to my mail. Bless you, ma'am.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 12:40am On Jan 01, 2014
api new yr friends....tnk.God we allmade it
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 3:53am On Jan 01, 2014
Abyolah: api new yr friends....tnk.God we allmade it

Yes ooo Thank God...wishing u d same

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by benibank(f): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ffg
Re: My Wedding Nite by Odward(m): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year palsies.....And abyolah keep d updates rolling i wanted to be a ghost reader before i was compelled to comment,and stefika and don kross una two be noise maker o if repeated i will write ur name in noisemakers list.
Re: My Wedding Nite by donkross1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
Odward: Happy new year palsies.....And abyolah keep d updates rolling i wanted to be a ghost reader before i was compelled to comment,and stefika and don kross una two be noise maker o if repeated i will write ur name in noisemakers list.
. Ghenghen Class captain don show *lipsealed*
Re: My Wedding Nite by Angelsit(f): 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nice story dear. Waitin 4 d next update
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
so sorry fr d late update...bin aving swell of a fun down ere...even frgt i av a fone
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
Continues
...we went horse riding, did some swimming in the flagged/safe area and took some amazimg and crazy shots...
after which we got our things, swiftly changed and left the beach around 4:30pm...
On our way back home, Bimpe suggested we should check out a joint her mum once told her of and she's been there a couple of times with her.
i would have rejected the offer but i didnt simply because "it is my day."
It's not just my day but my 21st birthday for that matter and I feel like having this weird adventure with my friend....
Besides its really been a while i had fun like this alone with Bimpe or maybe it's just instinctive for girls generally at my age to try something new which i did not have any regret though at the end of the day.
...While this thought was still going through my mind Bimpe brought me "back to life" with a tap
....We alighted from the bus at a bus stop and taking a quick look at the sign post i knew we are @ Pipeline bus stop....
"This area is not far from our hood", I said.
Yeah, I know and I know you are Daddy's pet that's why I suggested somewhere closer, she replied.
...We crossed to the other side of the road where we were to board a tricycle.
Bimpe was saying something to one of the drivers coupled with hand gesture but I was not really paying much attention because i was busy pressing my phone going through messages on social netwrk and bbm...
I heard Bimpe calling on me and the driver starting his engine in the process.
The tricyle is good to go, Bimpe said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Her Last Wish / High School Love / Grace, The House Girl Home Alone With Papa Kolade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.