Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

My Wedding Nite - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Wedding Nite (5046 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
dis is my first ryt up and i hope u guys enjoy it.....

"If two points are destined to meet, universe will definitely find a way to make the connection".
Staring at my 5th year old birthday picture hanging on the wall in my room brought a whole hell lots of memories back to my mind.
Growing up was quite fun and I could vividly remember all the pranks I played when I was little and it was just like yesterday.
There was this boy in the picture in my neighbourhood Bade and a girl Bimpe. Same height, in the same class, same sex but except for Bade.
We were often referred to as the three musketeers because we are always seen doing things together.
Bade and Bimpe was both standing next to me; Bimpe was standing to my right beaming with smiles while Bade was to my left in the picture. We were best of friends and the three families was and still close.
Bimpe is the first child of a single mum with two siblings; Tobi and Kola, and we all call her mum Ms Bimbo because that is the way she wants it.
Ms Bimbo was a cynosure of beauty and she still now is and there is no need to be told where Bimpe got her beauty from. Bimpe was also possessive just like her mother and she always want the best of everything but this does not stop us from being friends.
We all have our own flaws and like my mum usually say: " If you really like someone you have to accept the ugly parts in them".
Bimpe is a very dear, loving and caring friend. And she always tell me; "I am the only sister you've got".

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bimpe is the only sister I have and she always got my back any day any time and I love her for this.
Bade on the other hand was not staying far from my street. We don't use to talk earlier because his dad was a tall, dark and big man always in black uniform and we as children was always scared whenever his dad brings him to school.
His dad was an officer and all pupils in the school always avoid fights with him because of his dad.
He came into the picture on a day when he saw Bimpe and I fighting over who is more beautiful.
Though I knew she is more beautiful than I do but I don't want to admit the fact as a child.
But what Bade told us both that day is fresh and still lingers in my memory.
He separated us first and asked; "why are you girls fighting?"
She thinks she is more beautiful than me, Bimpe shouted.
No, no, no, I protested pulling Bimpe's uniform in the process.
She started it all by telling me her mum is more beautiful than mine, I said.
Bade then tried separating us again but we pushed him away and he screamed; Stop! breathing heavily in the process.
"See, both of you are beautiful but you two look ugly and terrible when fighting and if you promise me not to fight again, I will marry the two of you", Bade said.
Since that day, we three have been best of friends. We all laughed and went home holding each others hands.
Bade is the only child of the Martin's family, his father; a policeman and her mum a nurse.
And I, Jola, have three siblings in with Tope the eldest and the tallest in the picture.
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bayo and Bimbo are twins and they were both standing directly at my back.
I am the celebrant, holding the knife and cutting the cake in the process.
I am the last born and the only girl in the Oyebade's family and they all see and treat me as their baby.
I was very naughty when I was young and still naughty a little bit probably due to the fact that i grew up with boys and my big brothers always come to my rescue when i get into fights with boys in school.
I was naughty but also brilliant so this made me my Dad's favourite. I always got what I wanted!
I could still remember the day vividly, it was 14th february, 1995. Dad was out of town on one of his numerous business trips but mum and my brothers filled the temporary void left by dad.
Dad also did his own part making sure he dropped enough fund that will curtail all necessary expenses before he left.
Mum was a teacher though she is a graduate but she and dad had an agreement to be a teacher for a while so she can take proper care of us and mum was available and always on deck anytime we needed her or dad.
But she is now fully into the profession because she has a school of her own.
Mum prepared a very big cake for me that day while friends and neighbour came to celebrate with me with lots of gifts. The Martin's family came over to celebrate with me but i never knew that was the last time i am going to see Bade except for the picture am staring at now.
Then, i heard a big bang on my door,with the door opening in the process
I am the last born and the only girl in the Oyebade's family and they all see and treat me as their baby.
I was very naughty when I was young and still naughty a little bit probably due to the fact that i grew up with boys and my big brothers always come to my rescue when i get into fights with boys in school.
I was naughty but also brilliant so this made me my Dad's favourite. I always got what I wanted!
I could still remember the day vividly, it was 14th february, 1995. Dad was out of town on one of his numerous business trips but mum and my brothers filled the temporary void left by dad.
Dad also did his own part making sure he dropped enough fund that will curtail all necessary expenses before he left.
Mum was a teacher though she is a graduate but she and dad had an agreement to be a teacher for a while so she can take proper care of us and mum was available and always on deck anytime we needed her or dad.
Mum prepared a very big cake for me that day while friends and neighbour came to celebrate with me with lots of gifts. The Martin's family came over to celebrate with me but i never knew that was the last time i am going to see Bade except for the picture am staring at now.
Re: My Wedding Nite by qweenaxx(f): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Following.
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
qweenaxx: Following.
i hope i wont dissappoint u...feel free to voice ur opinion
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
and I find myself under Bimpe.
Happy birthday, she screamed in my ear kissing my forehead in the process.
It's another 14th february today and I am here staring at my fifth year old birthday reminiscing in the process before Bimpe interrupted.
It's my 21st birthday!
It's your birthday and almost 10am now, why are you still on your bed, Bimpe asked?
Nothing, I shrugged.
What are you waiting for then, get your lazy ass up. Mum sends her regards too and she promise to send your present later in the day, she said.
I sluggishly moved out of my bed with Bimpe pushing me in the process.
We both are on a sessional break and will be resuming for our final session in school in the next couple of weeks.
It's a Monday morning, Dad and Mum are already out but my twin brothers who just finished there youth service are there in the living room playing scrabble.
Happy birthday Jola, Bayo said.
"Have you seen the gift Dad got for you" ?, Bimbo asked.
No, I said, shaking my head in the process.
Dad got a new laptop for you, it's in mummy's room, he said.
Okay, thanks I will go 'check it out.
I always knew he will get me something no matter what because I am his favourite.
My dad is a quiet and principled man that always talk when need be and let you know of his aim and get things done at the right time. I like him so much not just because he is my dad but also due to the fact that there are some certain qualities that distinguishes him;

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Tinu02(f): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ffg
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
He writes very well with both his left and right hand and he always have a positive attitude towards work and don't give up easily.
Like he always say; "In my world, there are no such word as impossibilities...if i tell you i can achieve something, trust me i will and i will see it to the end no matter what...only time will tell..."
He has been a role model to us all and I always pray to marry someone like my dad! It's always a general believe that most girls love and prefer their dad to their mum while guys on other hand prefer their mum... Then my phone rang and it's dad calling;
Hello Daddy.
hello my dear and happy birthday to you, hope you 'got my present, he said.
Bimbo was just telling me about it now before your call came in.
Ok dear, I have a couple of things I have to attend to over here.I'll get back to you later in the day, he said.
Thanks Dad, I love you so much and thanks...Bye.
I rushed into mum's room together with Bimpe to get my gift. I unwrapped the laptop and it's a pink apple product.
Wow, this is lovely, "I wish I have a Dad like yours" , she said.
See, don't worry Bimpe it's both ours or have you forgotten we both stay together in school and besides you know I can't use two systems at the same time, you can have my formal one for yourself for the main time till you get yours, I said.
Thanks dear, she said.
Jola! Jola! your phone is ringing, Bimbo called from the living room.
Oh!, i forgot to take my phone along when rushing inside with Bimpe.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ouch I missed the call.It's Tope, my small daddy. He is a big man now and works with "SHELL". He just traveled to the U.K on a 3month programme being facilitated by his organization and I call him my small daddy because he always got an answer to all my questions...
my phone was ringing again.
Hey bro, how are you. "Se otutu ibeyen ko p'oju" asking him in Yoruba if the weather out there aint too cold.
Yeah, he responded affirmatively. We are adjusting my dear.
I was about going out then I remember it's another 14th February, your birthday!
Aww, that is so nice of you but mum hasn't got me anything yet, i said.
"You know mummy now, she is full of surprises". Just hang on a little bit, i know she's got something special for you, he said.
I haven't even recieved her call yet, not to talk of any special package and it's almost 12 noon, i grumbled.
You never can tell, maybe she is busy with her kids in school, dont be bothered she will, he said.
Alright, i replied.
Hope you've seen your new apple laptop.
Yeah, i screamed. I have and how did you know about it, i queried.
Oh!, that?
"Dad called last week to help order a customized pink apple product from their factory out here and i asked him what he wants to use it for. So, he told me it's for you since he knew your favourite colour is pink. I hope you like it, he inquired.
Like is an understatement. I was just about running it when your call came in...
Ouch, i need to start going dear, i've got a schedule now to catch up with.
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
ok, no problem and don't forget to get my present too because that's what I want to see first when you get back before seeing you!
As your Lordship pleases, ma. My regards to your friends, take good care of yourself and have all the fun because it's your day!.
Bye...
Then i heard the hanging up tone.
Aww, how I wished we could talk all day long. I just realised how I missed him so much...
So how is the rest of the day going to be, Bimpe inquired.
I'm thinking maybe we should get dressed and go do some swimming at the beach! and when coming back we will get snacks for those naughty twins, I said.
That will be interesting you know and dont forget to put on a touch of red, you know it's Valentine's day, she said.
Alright then and ask if Tobi will like to come along too, i said.
No, she is not around, she went for her tutorial this morning, you know she is prepping for her UTME exam, she replied as she was about opening the entrance door.
Bimpe! Bimpe! 15minutes, I screamed!
Then my phone beeps, and it's a message.
So i unlocked my phone and it's a message from Titi one of my Nursing coursemates in school but before reading the text message finish another message entered.
Yessss, I screamed.
Hey missy, what's your headache because it's your birthday today, we should get heart attack with all your screaming and shouting abi, Bayo said.
I just recieved a 50K credit alert in my bank account deposited by mum!
Wow, so how much is my share, Bimbo asked.
Nothing for you guys!
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dialing mum's phone straight away, I said.
"hello mum",
"how are you my darling daughter, you were sleeping when I left so I did'nt want to disturb you. Hope you slept like my baby?
Yeah, I did, ma.
Bimpe and I were just planning to go out and have fun at the beach when I got the deposit alert. You just made my day ma!
That's a great idea... I was about calling you too when your call came in.
Happy birthday to you dear, she said.
Alright ma and thanks once again for the cash!
"You are welcome dear and have a nice day!"
I dropped the call and ran into the bathroom singing aloud and humming, Oh happy day!...
Moments later, am in my calico gown, and was about combing my hair when Bimpe entered in her black gown with a touch of red.
She is now totally different from the Bimpe I was staring at in my 5th year birthday earlier.
"A typical reflection of her mum."
Everything about her is just perfect, her smile, eyes, dimple, hair just name it.
"She is a perfect example of what a beautiful woman should be!"
You look like it's your birthday and I love the gown, I said.
Oh!...this, mum just got it for me.
You not looking bad either....you look take away!
ah ah....Bimpe, please don't start again, I said.
Now looking inside the mirror, am not looking bad either and the truth is I might not be flashy, athletic and hot like Bimpe is but am simple and perfect.
Think I got the simplicity from my mum.
babe, hurry up we getting late, she said.
It's1pm and we set out to the beach.
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tinu-02:
Ffg
u wlcme missy
Re: My Wedding Nite by bravolyk(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
interesting story,love your write up and love u too....pls continue and don't disappoint me
Re: My Wedding Nite by donkross1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
Oya Daddy G O don show, buh na deal oo u read my story and I read urs. #winks. If u agree den click on my signature.
Re: My Wedding Nite by DVMtuppence(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
strictly following u
its making sense …thumb up
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
yes boss...mre update comin soon
bravolyk: interesting story,love your write up and love u too....pls continue and don't disappoint me
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
don kross: Oya Daddy G O don show, buh na deal oo u read my story and I read urs. #winks. If u agree den click on my signature.
lols...yes boss
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
fanx bro
DVM_tuppence: strictly following u
its making sense …thumb up
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Our trip to the beach was quite quiet and the road was free with no traffick with my earpiece plunged in my ear. "listening to music from my phone."
"#np olamide ft wizkid omo to shan"...
shaking my head in affirmation to the song.
Then i got a tap from behind and it was Bimpe.
She was sitting directly at my back inside the BRT bus.
"Cherish, Bimpe whispered."
Oh, Cherish! that naughty girl!.....i squeaked
She's one of my few friends and my reading partner in my first year in school before she moved to stay off campus...
Hello dear, i said.
hey there you are, birthday girl. I have been trying to call you since but aint going through, hope you got my message honey, she said.
Yea, i did, you 'such a darling!
"And I love the timing too, I said."
Since i met her, she's always been the first person to wish me a happy birthday... 'got her text at exactly 12:00am....
"No worries, Bimpe told me you guys are going to catch some fun at the beach, she said.
"Yeah, you wanna join us."
"I wish I had wings."
You guys go 'have all the fun, 'miss you guys so much, she said.
Same here Chi!
And my cake, I dont want to hear stories... you know we'll be resuming soon.
Then she hung up.
She never seize to amaze me!, I said beaming with smiles.
It's my birthday and at exactly 2pm, we are at the beach.
Almost everybody at the beach has a touch of red, both the young and the old. This is not my first time of here but it's the first time am coming down with none of my family members!
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
and I'm quite familiar with things going down here.
After keeping our things in the safe, we swiftly changed into our bikinis.
Let's go do sum splashing, Bimpe screamed.
And I ran after her and caught up with her.
There are quite a number of "love birds" around here, I said.
Yea, I see...
and that reminds me of Soji, she said.
mstchew...i hissed.
That boy is a joke!
"You mean your class rep?"
and who told you he is my class rep?
He wont let me be even when i told him am not interested, I said.
"But you never can tell...he is not that looking bad, she said."
See Bimpe, this is not about the looks or something, I have told you times without count that I can't just date any guy in my class or department, i said.
But you know, recently he is the only guy I think is really onto you, why don't you give him a trial, you never can tell, she said.
I smirked.
Bimpe, please don't tell me he put you up to this.Jola, seriously it's not like that.
Though he did asked me to help talk to you when he asked if you are in a relationship and he think that's the reason why you not giving him a chance which i told him "no".
So he then pleaded with me to help talk to you on his behalf maybe you will understand ....
At this point, I interrupted her,
Bimpe, please can we talk about this some other time, am not just in the mood, I said.
Alright, no qualms, she said.
We were silent for a while but I couldn't tell what is on her mind but all I know is I was thinking about what she just told me about.
Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2013
#Followingsmiley

I hope Bade's promise to marry both of them does not cause issues later on shaaa..

#Fastens seat belt...

Let's go there

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by LarrySun(m): 2:31am On Dec 30, 2013
DP (Double Posts)
Re: My Wedding Nite by LarrySun(m): 2:32am On Dec 30, 2013
OP, kindly space out your paragraphs for easier articulation of the stories within. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by stefikal(f): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Larry-Sun:
DP (Double Posts)

Mr Larry, compliments of the season.
It's been a whilesmiley

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 8:35am On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal: #Followingsmiley

I hope Bade's promise to marry both of them does not cause issues later on shaaa..

#Fastens seat belt...

Let's go there
i hope so 2...
u wlcme cutie..

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by Iceprincehkn(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2013
"14th febuary 1995" five months later, i was born! And Btw, I guess its bin long av shouted... WE NEED UPDATE!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Nite by bravolyk(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2013
OP what's taking you so long,try not to spoil the fun am having pls UPDATE this lovely thread ASAP
Re: My Wedding Nite by Abyolah: 11:38am On Dec 30, 2013
jez fnshed ma data..loads of update comin lata in d day....sowie
Re: My Wedding Nite by Fonydear(f): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nice story
Re: My Wedding Nite by jummy604: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Following bumper to bumper

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Stigma Of My Life (a True Life Story) / African Literature - Free Ebooks / Random Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.