Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan (1136 Views)

Wike Hails Minister Of Transportation For Flagging Off Portharcourt-Aba Railway / The History Of Public Transportation In Lagos. / Gov. Uduaghan Commissions 100 Buses To Boost Transportation In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by nelsonegware: 7:29am On Dec 30, 2013
Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost of Transportation in Delta-Uduaghan

By Nelson Egware

WARRI-THE Delta State Government has said that state subsidizes the cost of transportation in Delta State through the Delta State Urban Mass Transit Scheme. The State Governor Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan CON, stated this while addressing the Iwere Kingdom Annual Thanksgiving Service which led at the FourSquare Gospel Church, Olu Palace, Aghofen-Warri.

Governor Uduaghan bemoaned the attitude of the management of the Delta State Urban Mass Transit Scheme when he heard of a complain on the television that the company charges more than expected in some of the routes and also said the vehicles no longer use the air conditioners in the vehicles on the premise that it consumes their fuel.

According to the Governor, "The bus fare is subsidized by 50% by the state government. We are giving this subsidy to the people we gave the buses to every month. But what do they do, I heard on television that they are forcing drivers to bring a minimum amount which means that the passengers will have to pay more than the 50% they are supposed to pay".

"I have told the Commissioner for Transport that this has to be corrected because the state government on a monthly basis is paying for 50% of this bus fare for those who use the buses".

In another remark, the Governor also decried the non use of the air conditioners in the buses on the excuse of high cost of fuel. "The buses are supposed to be air conditioned but today they are not, why because they say when they use the air conditioner the cost of the fuel is higher". "While the government is sending the right message, the messengers are doing the wrong thing"

The thanksgiving service was attended by dignitaries from all works of life among whom were His Excellency the Governor of Dr Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan, CON and his dear wife Deaconess Roli Nere Uduaghan, Deputy Governor Prof. Amos Agbe Utuama, SAN and his beloved wife Dr. (Mrs) Nelly Utuama, President of CAN Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Senator James Manager, CON, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa, Senator Emmanuel Edesiri Aguariavwodo, Hon Minister Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs Elder Godsday Orubebe, CON, PDP Vice-Chairman South South, Dr Steve Oru, Deputy Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Basil Ganagana, Hon Commissioner Representing Delta State on the Board of NDDC Chief Sir Tom Amioku, Executive Director Projects, NDDC Engr. Tuoyo Omastsuli, Hon. Daniel Reyeneju, Hon Victor Nwokolo, members of the State Executive Council, Local Government Chairmen and other top government appointees.

Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by ahika(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2013
Source please
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by nomsov147(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2013
So true I have experienced it, the comfort and cost is unimaginable, compared to the regular transport lines across the state

1 Like

Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Tellthemtruth: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2013
The Transportation Sector has been fully transformed in Delta State. I think the Governor has done very well in this sector compare to some other states.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Omokos(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2013
The state Govt has done a lot in the transport sector, UDUAGHAN deserved commendation for for this subsidization.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Garrithe1st: 8:31am On Dec 30, 2013
This is one area where Uduaghan deserves commendation. The cost of "Uduaghan' buses as the State mass transit buses are usually called are very cheap compared to the cost of the commercial buses. The only problem is the attitude of some of the drives as he already observed and also the need to increase the number of buses plying various routes.

cool cool
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Henrypraise: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2013
Shame on the administration, we ar talking about buses that dont have security, do u remember how commuters on the big buses are constantly raided by bandits? if the messengers fail to deliver the right message who is to be blame? is it not his adminstration that employed he messengers? Don't u see Fashola and Osho Baba on the road carrying out field inspection?
now do u remember the Ibori boats? go to ogbe-ijoh water side and see carcass of the boats without engines, y did he let that fine scheme to drift into oblivion? if for 8 years the only tin he can talk about is subsidize bus transportation and enerhen junction, i think this administration is the worst in delta state. I am never pleased with Uduaghan. i am neither for APC or PDP, urhobo, ijaw, itsekiri or delta ibo, m for a governor that will liberate delta state.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Brimmie(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2013
Make Sense.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by gerald09(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen this is Nigerian Churches where Politicians use freely to spread dere usual political lies. This is d place we call place of worship, these are men we call "Men of God" they have turned the house of God n giving it to d Highest bidder. I will always say dis, RELIGION has brought more evil dan good in Nigeria. Soon dat pastor or Rev will own his own Private Jet and over nyt the governor will be "a God sent"

1 Like

Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by slimfit1(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2013
This man needs to go back to school. So also his people.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by UyiIredia(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2013
Omokos: The state Govt has done a lot in the transport sector, UDUAGHAN deserved commendation for for this subsidization.

I disagree. Such are recurrent expenditures which aren't sustainable where the basics of social infrastructure eg cheap housing, clean water, good roads, dispensaries/clinics, skill acquistion centres etc have not been met. Please do not applaud mediocrity.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Pharoh: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
I disagree. Such are recurrent expenditures which aren't sustainable where the basics of social infrastructure eg cheap housing, clean water, good roads, dispensaries/clinics, skill acquistion centres etc have not been met. Please do not applaud mediocrity.

The focus of government should be strictly towards infrastructure ( critical ones especially ) and leave the other aspects to private management while they regulate the activities of this private management.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by UyiIredia(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Pharoh:

The focus of government should be strictly towards infrastructure ( critical ones especially ) and leave the other aspects to private management while they regulate the activities of this private management.

I fully agree. Liked.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by OmoTier1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Delta state has gone to the dogs why my beloved Edo State is jetting ahead at full blast with nearly all round development! If only we had similar monthly allocation as Delta, by now we would be top 5 state in Nigeria but despite that we are still top 7 state in the federation when it comes to development index cool ...Oshiomhole carry go !
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Henrypraise: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
And I am still wondering why dis has not made front page, if d comments on the thread were applaudin to d governor, d mods wud av carried it to front page but since subsequent comments ar blastin d governor, d tin is still here.
Lemme even buttress that as big as delta (money wise) we have only d state control tv station dat is gud for showin obituaries and churches. Honestly I am confuse, now that dia is peace in d state no body wants to develop d state den wen "katakata burst" dats wen "world leaders" will say they have envisaged it. And again media houses are not helpin matters. I am confuse wit wat is happenin in delta. NDDC, DESOPADEC, still we are stalked on producing pipe born waters since our creation, all d road ibori did, this current administartion don cut all d road in d name of urban water board causing go slow every were, deve boys dey every were de worry, police de form saka de zulu, d oda day soldiers oga say make korofo mud d guy wen d collect bribe for dem for okuokoko, na so dem faya d guy for chest every body dey look, till today nobody talk anytin, see Ogbe dem don drop am 6ft, no body giv any report, den one guy dey yan say na messenger nai dey do "on ur marks" for message wen dem send am . D most annoyin tin is dat d governor has refuse to conduct local govt election and nobody is askin any question. D excuse we kip hearing is dat he is repayin d depts dat ibori placed d state. How much is d dept and how much has d state recived n generated since 2007? Answers and question, nairaland make una move dis tin go front page let our leader (uduaghan) knw dat we are not ignorant. Local content don spoil offshore work, all d local contractors dey pay 50,000 for offshore work no safety of personnel, no plan for d state, no direction.
Me I don tire for politics n tribal sentiment, all of us for Delta na christian so hu cum be d enemy now? Na Shekau still dey worry us?
Pls move dis topic to Front page let's see if we may get answers from our "Leaders"
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Pharoh: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
The state is such a disgrace that you would think they would have shun ethnic politics and focus on serious development but the reverse is the case. I don't know what the government is subsidizing transportation for if not for the free oil money that is there to throw around in place of regulating the industry for quality private sector participation. Paying subsidies up and down because there is oil money to throw around, how i wish the whole oil and gas just dries up overnight self.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by atlwireles: 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Delta state has gone to the dogs why my beloved Edo State is jetting ahead at full blast with nearly all round development! If only we had similar monthly allocation as Delta, by now we would be top 5 state in Nigeria but despite that we are still top 7 state in the federation when it comes to development index cool ...Oshiomhole carry go !

Let's get one fact straight in Nigeria. Delta state and Edo have never been on the same level. Please compare your Edo state to Ekiti.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by atlwireles: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pharoh: The state is such a disgrace that you would think they would have shun ethnic politics and focus on serious development but the reverse is the case. I don't know what the government is subsidizing transportation for if not for the free oil money that is there to throw around in place of regulating the industry for quality private sector participation. Paying subsidies up and down because there is oil money to throw around, how i wish the whole oil and gas just dries up overnight self.

A disgrace to you and your bad belle brothers. Nonsense.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by atlwireles: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You are the one calling it mediocrity, Clean water, good roads,clinics and skill acquisition centers are also on the state's government menu. We can chew and walk at the same time in Delta.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Sloan: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
atlwireles:

Let's get one fact straight in Nigeria. Delta state and Edo have never been on the same level. Please compare your Edo state to Ekiti.

By all means, Ekiti is right up there but that is not the point here. What I am curious about is that you said not to compare Edo with Delta State, how? Is it in terms of the local economy and productivity? Well, props to hardworking and honest Deltans who toil day and night to earn their living but in terms of the aggregate economic activity measured by the Internal Generated Revenue, Edo State is ridiculously far ahead of Delta State. There is no need to be bigoted about numbers, numbers don't know about your emotions or state of origin, it is simply facts! Again, Edo is way up there in terms of IGR but it gets better, in terms of the ratio of the IGR to total revenue, it is in fact up there in the top 10 in Nigeria! What that means is the people contribute significantly to whatever revenue accrues to the state. In contrast, Delta State is practically in the bottom percentile with Bayelsa in terms of the economic activity of the people as it is really down low. The only saving grace of Delta is the oil wealth it has - just like Bayelsa!
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by atlwireles: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sloan:

By all means, Ekiti is right up there but that is not the point here. What I am curious about is that you said not to compare Edo with Delta State, how? Is it in terms of the local economy and productivity? Well, props to hardworking and honest Deltans who toil day and night to earn their living but in terms of the aggregate economic activity measured by the Internal Generated Revenue, Edo State is ridiculously far ahead of Delta State. There is no need to be bigoted about numbers, numbers don't know about your emotions or state of origin, it is simply facts! Again, Edo is way up there in terms of IGR but it gets better, in terms of the ratio of the IGR to total revenue, it is in fact up there in the top 10 in Nigeria! What that means is the people contribute significantly to whatever revenue accrues to the state. In contrast, Delta State is practically in the bottom percentile with Bayelsa in terms of the economic activity of the people as it is really down low. The only saving grace of Delta is the oil wealth it has - just like Bayelsa!

Sloan, we have hatched the IGR debate on this forum already. I am not going to waste my time with you on that. The data is public knowledge, you can keep spinning all you want. This is not about attachment to State of Origin, just the simple facts. Delta is not only way ahead of Edo,despite the fact they keep 99% of all the assets of the old Bendel State. Show me one area where Edo comes close to Delta. Abi is it the refurbishment of mission and ring roads in Benin
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by Pharoh: 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
atlwireles:
A disgrace to you and your bad belle brothers. Nonsense.

You will think i am not also from delta state like you but unlike you i call a spade what it is and hope to put my state in the right path.
Re: Delta State Government Subsidizes Cost Of Transportation In Delta-uduaghan by atlwireles: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pharoh:

You will think i am not also from delta state like you but unlike you i call a spade what it is and hope to put my state in the right path.

I don't care where you come from, this report had nothing to do with ethnic politics as your comment was trying to imply. Call a spade a spade all you want, it will not change the fact that delta State is progressing.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And The Northern Elites / US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National / Ameachi Exposed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.