Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? (2483 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by PopeXanderVII: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
The first chapter of Genesis refers to how Yahweh created the things we see. how Yahweh created the rivers, the animals...

The earth is extremely insignificant in the universe. Our solar system in the milky way galaxy is just like a CD on the earth(similar size ratios).

There is an almost infinite amount of solar systems in our galaxy alone! There are several galaxies. As I type this our galaxy is on a collision course with the Andromeda galaxy.

Why did Yahweh only speak about rivers and trees, not one mention of the blackholes that have an almost infinite gravitational force. Not one mention of the white and red dwarf stars.

Why? Why? Why?
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Lol, a bit similar to my thread.

On the grounds that there is nothing in the bible that couldn't had been written by a man living in the stone age, it is safe to conclude that the bible was written by men who simply wrote about what was observable to them.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pope Xander VII: The first chapter of Genesis refers to how Yahweh created the things we see. how Yahweh created the rivers, the animals...

The earth is extremely insignificant in the universe. Our solar system in the milky way galaxy is just like a CD on the earth(similar size ratios).

You do not know for a fact that the earth is "extremely insignificant" in the universe. You could never know this unless you know all the secrets of the universe. That something is infinitesimal and most tiny in comparison to its environment is no grounds to declare it insignificant to that environment - unless you have full and complete knowledge of that environment - which you do not.

Going by your analogy, one could look at the huge population of a country and declare that one individual therein is "extremely insignificant" to the country, on account of size and numbers. However, if you are ignorant of the country's system, laws and codes, it may miss you that that one individual may be the President of that Country and is thus hugely significant. This is just a rough analogy to show you that size alone is a poor parametre for your conclusion on the significance of the earth.

Why did Yahweh only speak about rivers and trees, not one mention of the blackholes that have an almost infinite gravitational force. Not one mention of the white and red dwarf stars.

Perhaps because we live among trees and rivers and not among black holes and "white and red dwarf stars", hmmmm?

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind: Lol, a bit similar to my thread.

On the grounds that there is nothing in the bible that couldn't had been written by a man living in the stone age, it is safe to conclude that the bible was written by men who simply wrote about what was observable to them.

Really?

Can you tell me know "stone age" men could have known this -

Job 26:7 - "He spreads out the Northern Skies over empty space, He suspends the Earth over nothing."

In answering, do some light research on what most ancients thought the "foundations" of the earth were rooted in.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by raptureready: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
^^^^^

hehehehehe
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
Isaiah 40:12 (written 2,800 years ago): "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand."

We are told that God has measured the waters and set a proper amount of water on the earth. Modern science has proved that the quantity of water on earth is just enough for our needs. If the sea became three metres deeper, the water would absorb all the carbon dioxide and nitrogen, and no creature could live any longer.

From, The Evidence Bible

Scientific facts in the Bible:

Hebrews 1:10, 11 (written 2000 years ago): "...And, You, Lord, in the beginning have laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of your hands: They shall perish; but you remain; [size=14pt]and they all shall WAX OLD as does a garment.[/size]"

The Bible tells us that the earth is wearing out. This is what the Second Law of Thermodynamics states. This wasn't discovered by science until comparatively recently.

From, The Evidence Bible

Etc. From here: https://www.nairaland.com/1550633/scientific-evidences-bible

Why will God seek to tell us about cold lifeless space and not the beauties and specific purpose of the happenings that brought about habitable life on earth and its lights

How will a worm hole appeal to an ancient?

We have more understanding of the bible these days because of scientific knowledge. We see treasures of science and philosophy in the bible as well. Basic treasures that will apply to everyone universally.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by raptureready: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
@op

IMHO, it's because it's irrelevant. Imagine if God began to talk about all the scientific nature of the universe and of creation - black holes & white dwarfs, DNA & neuro-synaptic connections, geographic stratification & material properties, antiprotons and the boson, etc. How many millions upon billions of pages the bible go be?

The bible is not really a science textbook. It is a book that introduces God to mankind and mankind to God - that is it's purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by PopeXanderVII: 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

You do not know for a fact that the earth is "extremely insignificant" in the universe. You could never know this unless you know all the secrets of the universe. That something is infinitesimal and most tiny in comparison to its environment is no grounds to declare it insignificant to that environment - unless you have full and complete knowledge of that environment - which you do not.

Going by your analogy, one could look at the huge population of a country and declare that one individual therein is "extremely insignificant" to the country, on account of size and numbers. However, if you are ignorant of the country's system, laws and codes, it may

miss you that that one individual may be the President of that Country and is thus hugely significant. This is just a rough analogy to show

you that size alone is a poor parametre for your conclusion on the significance of the earth.

Perhaps because we live among trees and

rivers and not among black holes and "white

and red dwarf stars", hmmmm?

The point i tired to get across with my analogy was that a god like Yahweh, who spent a large majority of his time in the old testament meddling in the most insignificant of human
affairs can't be the god of this infinite universe(i say this not in certainty).We only hear about Yahweh's conquests in the middle-east( around the Gaza area to be exact). Ask yourself, did other parts of the earth not exist? Oduduwa is to the Yorubas, as Yahweh is to the Jews.

You can't call black holes and stars insignificant! Dinosaurs were wiped off the earth by a Comet! A comet hitting the earth will wipe off life as we currently know it. Humans exist today because the extinction of previous organisms allowed a new wave of organisms to come forth(natural selection ). The future of the earth depends heavily on the astronomical bodies around us.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by PopeXanderVII: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapture_ready: @op

IMHO, it's because it's irrelevant. Imagine if God began to talk about all the scientific nature of the universe and of creation - black holes & white dwarfs, DNA & neuro-synaptic connections, geographic stratification & material properties, antiprotons and the boson, etc. How many millions upon billions of pages the bible go be?

The bible is not really a science textbook. It is a book that introduces God to mankind and mankind to God - that is it's purpose.

In a few billion years the Sun will become a white dwarf. Once that happens all life on earth will be gone. I guess Yahweh thought that was too "insignificant " to include in his book.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

Really?

Job 26:7 - "He spreads out the Northern Skies over empty space, He suspends the Earth over nothing."

In answering, do some light research on what most ancients thought the "foundations" of the earth were rooted in.

You will agree with me that there are billions of facts in the world. The probability that by mere chance or stroke of luck, authors of the bible may get one or two facts right is not much.

Infact, if there could be a book collating all myths of ancient times, it wouldn't be difficult to see one or two of those myths which will actually be a fact now.

And as for the other part of your reply where you talked about the general consensus at that time about the earth, you should go ahead to show me that no one at least, disagreed with that consensus based by mere intuition and that the authors of the bible were never exposed to that person or that line of thought.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pope Xander VII:
The point i tired to get across with my analogy was that a god like Yahweh, who spent a large majority of his time in the old testament meddling in the most insignificant of human
affairs can't be the god of this infinite universe(i say this not in certainty).We only hear about Yahweh's conquests in the middle-east( around the Gaza area to be exact). Ask yourself, did other parts of the earth not exist? Oduduwa is to the Yorubas, as Yahweh is to the Jews.
You can't call black holes and stars insignificant! Dinosaurs were wiped off the earth by a Comet! A comet hitting the earth will wipe off life as we currently know it. Humans exist today because the extinction of previous organisms allowed a new wave of organisms to come forth(natural selection ). The future of the earth depends heavily on the astronomical bodies around us.

^^^ No where in my post did I call black holes and stars insignificant. Are you reading up side down?
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

In a few billion years the Sun will become a white dwarf. Once that happens all life on earth will be gone. I guess Yahweh thought that was too "insignificant " to include in his book.

A few billion years, lol. How the heck do you know humans will tarry that long? We simply may not be here or may have developed the technology to relocate to some other real estate in the universe. An omniscient God will know this, and as such may not be relevant in its spiritual manual for our lives. . . . .
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by PopeXanderVII: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

^^^ No where in my post did I call black holes and stars insignificant. Are you reading up side down?

Sorry, that part was directed at Rapture _ready.

Ignore that part and address the rest of the post.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind:

You will agree with me that there are billions of facts in the world. The probability that by mere chance or stroke of luck, authors of the bible may get one or two facts right is not much.

Infact, if there could be a book collating all myths of ancient times, it wouldn't be difficult to see one or two of those myths which will actually be a fact now.

And as for the other part of your reply where you talked about the general consensus at that time about the earth, you should go ahead to show me that no one at least, disagreed with that consensus based by mere intuition and that the authors of the bible were never exposed to that person or that line of thought.

Your statement was that there is nothing written in the bible that stone age men could not have written.

You obviously have no idea what it takes for a stone age man to conclude that the entire earth is suspended on nothing.

And with that staring in yoyr face you now ascribe it to luck and intuition. Intuition, which you atheists scoff at.

LOL.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Joshthefirst(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
The K-T event is just a theory among others of how dinosaurs went extinct. It is not a fact. Just wanted to point that out.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

Your statement was that there is nothing written in the bible that stone age men could not have written.

You obviously have no idea what it takes for a stone age man to conclude that the entire earth is suspended on nothing.

And with that staring in yoyr face you now ascribe it to luck and intuition. Intuition, which you atheists scoff at.

LOL.

And I had defended that argument and still stand by it. There is nothing, absolutely nothing in the bible that stone age men couldn't had written.

Like I did tell you, pick up a book of collection of ancient myths and tell me there is no single thing there that can be called a fact now.

And who scoffs at intuition? Most great theories and advancements are most times products of intuitions structured into hypothesis, theories and eventually laws.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by raptureready: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

Before "a few billion years", Jesus Christ would have returned to take us saints to heaven. wink

Yahweh added that to his book. No need to be bothered about the lifespan of the sun,
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapture_ready:

Before "a few billion years", Jesus Christ would have returned to take us saints to heaven. wink

Yahweh added that to his book. No need to be bothered about the lifespan of the sun,

grin it really feels good being a believer. I honestly atimes miss being a believer.

Several lots of fantasies that gives you the feel good factor are embedded in belief systems.

That's by the way anyway, make I no derail
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by mazaje(m): 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:
Going by your analogy, one could look at the huge population of a country and declare that one individual therein is "extremely insignificant" to the country, on account of size and numbers. However, if you are ignorant of the country's system, laws and codes, it may miss you that that one individual may be the President of that Country and is thus hugely significant. This is just a rough analogy to show you that size alone is a poor parametre for your conclusion on the significance of the earth.

Many solar systems have come and gone, our sun and our solar system will be no more some day, but the universe will still remains so what exactly are you on about. . .Take you and I for example, we are completely insignioficant to the whole world at large. . .If either you or me die today, the world will continue as if nothing has happened. . .The planet earth is completely insignificant, if a very big asteriod collides and destroys the plant, the universe will continue as if nothing has happened. . .

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by mazaje(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

Really?

This is quite simple, because they can see that the moon is suspended on nothing, they can also see that the stars are suspended on nothing. . .It is nothing extra ordinary. . .By the way the earth is not suspended on nothing. . .Gravitational forces of the sun and other planets is what makes it to suspend in space, not nothing. . .So they writers of the bible are wrong on that. . .

4 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Kay17: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
The Christian God should be taken as he is seen. He didn't create the Universe, nor the black holes, nor the diverse galaxies with the plethora of planets. The Christian God is said to create entites within earth and not even earth itself.

He is quite a small God.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Many solar systems have come and gone, our sun and our solar system will be no more some day, but the universe will still remains so what exactly are you on about. . .Take you and I for example, we are completely insignioficant to the whole world at large. . .If either you or me die today, the world will continue as if nothing has happened. . .The planet earth is completely insignificant, if a very big asteriod collides and destroys the plant, the universe will continue as if nothing has happened. . .

Lol, this is so s.illy. It completely misses the point of my post. I wont bother with this.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by DeepSight(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

This is quite simple, because they can see that the moon is suspended on nothing, they can also see that the stars are suspended on nothing. . .It is nothing extra ordinary. . .By the way the earth is not suspended on nothing. . .Gravitational forces of the sun and other planets is what makes it to suspend in space, not nothing. . .So they writers of the bible are wrong on that. . .

Nonsense, of course, because they could not know the moon and the stars to be the same as the earth. In reality, people of those days thought the earth to be a grounded permanent piece held up by mythical figures such as giant animals, and the stars to be floating about them. You are quite ignorant of the ideas of those days.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by raptureready: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind:

grin it really feels good being a believer. I honestly atimes miss being a believer.

Several lots of fantasies that gives you the feel good factor are embedded in belief systems.

That's by the way anyway, make I no derail

Are you looking for a cat-fight bro?

Sorry, I'm bigger than that.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapture_ready:

Are you looking for a cat-fight bro?

Sorry, I'm bigger than that.

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

Nonsense, of course, because they could not know the moon and the stars to be the same as the earth. In reality, people of those days thought the earth to be a grounded permanent piece held up by mythical figures such as giant animals, and the stars to be floating about them. You are quite ignorant of the ideas of those days.

They couldnt guess or assume that all planetary bodies were like that? When that is all they can see about planetary bodies- hung in space?

Wow, you have become so dishonest
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by mazaje(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Deep Sight:

That is because you haven't read much about it. . .Aristarchus of Samos c.310 – c.230 BC. He presented the first known model that placed the Sun at the center of the known universe with the Earth revolving around it (see Solar system). He was influenced by Philolaus of Croton, but he identified the "central fire" with the Sun, and put the other planets in their correct order of distance around the Sun.[1] His astronomical ideas were often rejected in favor of the geocentric theories of Aristotle and Ptolemy. (Wikipedia). . .

Anaximander (c. 610 – c. 546 BC) was the first recorded person to suggest the Earth is a sphere. Erastothenes basically worked out the circumference. It was proven 1800 years later by Magellan's voyage. . . .

Some of these guys new these things b4 they were every written down in the pages of the bible. . .That doesnt mean they got their knowledge from supernatural sources. . .Some of the ideas in some parts of the world were foolish but some were also on point. . .After all the same bible if it is to be taken literally falsely states that the earth was created before the sun. . .
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

That is because you haven't read much about it. . .Aristarchus of Samos c.310 – c.230 BC. He presented the first known model that placed the Sun at the center of the known universe with the Earth revolving around it (see Solar system). He was influenced by Philolaus of Croton, but he identified the "central fire" with the Sun, and put the other planets in their correct order of distance around the Sun.[1] His astronomical ideas were often rejected in favor of the geocentric theories of Aristotle and Ptolemy. (Wikipedia). . .

Anaximander (c. 610 – c. 546 BC) was the first recorded person to suggest the Earth is a sphere. Erastothenes basically worked out the circumference. It was proven 1800 years later by Magellan's voyage. . . .

Some of these guys new these things b4 they were every written down in the pages of the bible. . .That doesnt mean they got their knowledge from supernatural sources. . .Some of the ideas in some parts of the world were foolish but some were also on point. . .After all the same bible if it is to be taken literally falsely states that the earth was created before the sun. . .

Thanks for bringing out the point better. That was the same thing I pointed to him.

Even if we admit the general consensus was that earth was on something, it will be wrong to say not one person was right about the "nothing" and it will be equally wrong to say the bible writers were not exposed to that person or that line of thought.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by mazaje(m): 11:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind:

Thanks for bringing out the point better. That was the same thing I pointed to him.

Even if we admit the general consensus was that earth was on something, it will be wrong to say not one person was right about the "nothing" and it will be equally wrong to say the bible writers were not exposed to that person or that line of thought.

Very true, they mingled with others, to claim they alone knew it is just false. . .For example Democritus (c. 460 – c. 370 BC) held that the earth was round, and stated that originally the universe was comprised of nothing but tiny atoms churning in chaos, until they collided together to form larger units—including the earth and everything on it. He surmised that there are many worlds, some growing, some decaying; some with no sun or moon, some with several. He held that every world has a beginning and an end, and that a world could be destroyed by collision with another world. (Wikipedia) . . Some of these guys even at that time knew things that were just extra ordinary. . .People worshipped some of them because of their knowledge and discoveries, movements were formed after them e,g Pythagoras. . .The writers of the bible knew very little about the earth and the universe compared to the ancient greek philosophers. . .That doesn't mean that the ancient greeks were inspired by their pantheon of greek gods. . .
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Very true, they mingled with others, to claim they alone knew it is just false. . .For example Democritus (c. 460 – c. 370 BC) held that the earth was round, and stated that originally the universe was comprised of nothing but tiny atoms churning in chaos, until they collided together to form larger units—including the earth and everything on it. He surmised that there are many worlds, some growing, some decaying; some with no sun or moon, some with several. He held that every world has a beginning and an end, and that a world could be destroyed by collision with another world. (Wikipedia) . . Some of these guys even at that time knew things that were just extra ordinary. . .People worshipped some of them because of their knowledged and discoveries, movements were formed after them eg Pythagoras. . .The writers of the bible knew very little about the earth and the universe compared to the ancient greek philosophers. . .That doesn't mean that the ancient greeks were inspired by their pantheon of greek gods. . .

GBAM!!!

Reminds me of how muslims also claim uncle mo said somethings no one could had known then.

The claims are always all similar. Even followers of Joseph smith say the same thing.
Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by mazaje(m): 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
rationalmind:

GBAM!!!

Reminds me of how muslims also claim uncle mo said somethings no one could had known then.

The claims are always all similar. Even followers of Joseph smith say the same thing.

Tbaba once made a claim about how the koran stated that mountains have deep roots. . .He stated that there was no way Mo could have known such in his time, until when i provided a very similar verse to him from the book of Job in the bible. . .Even if he said something no one could have known, that doesnt mean it was divine because many others have also stated many other things that other did not know. . We don't know how they got their information or the type of reasearch they conducted at that time. . .Some of them studied their environment and made some conclusions. . .

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Galaxies, Blackholes...? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Tbaba once made a claim about how the koran stated that mountains have deep roots. . .He stated that there was no way Mo could have known such in his time, until when i provided a very similar verse to him from the book of Job in the bible. . .Even if he said something no one could have known, that doesnt mean it was divine because many others have also stated many other things that other did not know. . We don't know how they got their information or the type of reaearch they conducted at that time. . .Some of they studied their environment and made some conclusions. . .

Can you notice how no single christian is saying anything now that their yansh is being exposed?

They are lurking in the corners waiting for deepsight grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shabbat Shalom Le'kulam To All Faithful Sabbaterians / Why The Devil Doesnt Want You To Speak In Tongues / Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.