Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' (703 Views)

Why Our Refineries Can't Work, At Least For Now. / FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 / FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by gedtalks(m): 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) yesterday said it would privatise the four refineries in the country next year.

Last week Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke had told Bloomberg TV Africa London that the country will round off talks on privatising the four refineries in the first Quater of 2014. ........ Ref: Thisday news online.

Do you welcome this development?
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
After PHCN was privatized? Have we observed any positive difference?
Anyway, if it's gonna be sold out to this Dangote, I'll be for it. cool
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by bb4522(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
Privatisation is very good for a developing nation like nigeria BUT it depends on the type of privatisation the government want to do. How do you want to privatise the refineries without passing the PIB. Why don't "they" approve the bill. If that's done, I can tell u without any doubt that nigeria is gonna be transformed in the next 3-4 yrs. Our main problem is, the elite always want to play politics with everything.
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by bloggernaija: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Definitely not under this dumbo joe.
When gsm licenses were auctioned,
We all saw the process on TV .
With PHCN,
They simply divided it up amongst themselves
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by Ojobojo1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
For because even though I know they'll sell it to themselves, it will be better than d present condition where the refineries r nt functioning, Cos I don't bliv dere will be good government in Nigeria in the near future dt will make things work.
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by gedtalks(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ojobojo1: For because even though I know they'll sell it to themselves, it will be better than d present condition where the refineries r nt functioning, Cos I don't bliv dere will be good government in Nigeria in the near future dt will make things work.

bros even if they sell it to ''themselves'' don't you know that people would bring out their best when it affects them directly.

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
I say sell the damn things already... But give Shell's refinery back to them to manage, and sell the rest.
Shey the things dem no de work before...
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by Ojobojo1(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2013
gedtalks:

bros even if they sell it to ''themselves'' don't you know that people would bring out their best when it affects them directly.
Yep, dts true
Re: Federal Govt To Privatise Our Refineries: ''for'' Or ''against'' by ratiken(m): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Its a no-brainer. Whoever invests a huge sum into buying those refineries will always want to recover his investment and profit. This can only happen if they make refineries function.
However, revelant regulations and oversight functions of the government bodies needs be established.

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirm Explosion In Ile- Ife / We Didn’t Communicate Well On Chibok Girls Says Okonjo-iweala / Newsweek :Boko Haram ,Terror's Insidious Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.