Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: (2158 Views)

Man Breaks His TV After ManU Lost Their Match Tonight (Photo) / Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit / Nigeria Had A Bit Of Luck To Have Picked A Draw Says Shakes Mashaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by MAligbe(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
This is from Skysports this evening.

U can access the link yourself: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3936685,00.html

Wayne Rooney is set to miss the start of the season after picking up a virus in Nigeria.

Manchester United toured Africa last month and won the Vodacom Challenge before taking on Portsmouth in a friendly.

It has now emerged that Rooney is suffering from a virus and will not be fit to line up for United in the Community Shield against Portsmouth on Sunday.

The England man is also likely to sit out the Premier League opener against Newcastle the following week.

The news will come as a major blow to United, who will also begin the defence of their title without injured winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo underwent ankle surgery earlier this summer and is not expected to return to action until October.

Nani and Anderson will also be unavailable for the clash with the Magpies and Sir Alex Ferguson is concerned about his lack of options.

"I'm starting to worry about whether we are going to have a team ready for the start of the season, because Nani is suspended, Anderson is at the Olympics and I doubt if we will get Rooney fit after the virus he has had," Ferguson told Sky Sports News.

"He picked it up in Nigeria and it's not a nice one. It's 12 days to the season starts and he's not been able to train."
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by idupaul: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
let them name the virus abeg, africa has suffered ooo.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
Rooney don sneak out for hotel go carry Ashawo now E don get HIV
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by A40(m): 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
dayokanu:

Rooney don sneak out for hotel go carry Ashawo now E don get HIV
My suspicion exactly the dude wanted to sample some Nigerian babes and got burnt ROFLMAO
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by MeGaStReEt: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
WAS RUNI THE ONLY WITE GUY THAT CAME TO PLAY IN NIGERIA

THAT GUY NEED TO COOL DOWN

IM TOO LIKE WAHALA
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by MeGaStReEt: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2008
WETIN DEY EVEN DEY WORRY ALL THESE OYINBO SELF, THEM DEY MAD?

WHICH KIN INSULT BE THIS FOR KINGDOM SAKE?
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by superstan(m): 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
ditasteful topic.

what has racism got to do with rooney picking up virus in nigeria?

a racist club will not be having their pre-season in africa.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by folahann(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2008
This may be discouraging as to Clubs might not want to come to Africa(esp Ngeria) for pre-season tour in order not to risk Malaria, Virus,Fever blah blah blah embarassed
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by superstan(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
i don't get the hullaballoo.

people pick up virus everywhere too.

how many times has giggs or any other player picked up virus here in england??

it has nothing to do with nigeria or african continent.

virus are everywhere.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by folahann(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2008
superstan:

i don't get the hullaballoo.

people pick up virus everywhere too.

how many times has giggs or any other player picked up virus here in england??

it has nothing to do with nigeria or african continent.

virus are everywhere.

It was particular stated in the news that he picked it up Naija

adding that even when they had taken anti-malaria pills b4 going to Nigeria
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by superstan(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
of course, rooney and carrick picked up the virus in nigeria but it doesn't in anyway slight nigeria/africa as a country/continent.

the way people are making it sound as if nigeria/africa is the only place one can pick virus.

this virus could be influenza or common cold.

players pick virus in england week in week out. it is no big deal.

it's not an infection synonymous to africa. it can be found everywhere.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/339/roy_keane_injury.html (roy keane's virus in 2004)

the link below is the list of manchester united players injuries from 2002-2008.

over ten players have contacted the virus in the last 6 years and they got infected in england.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by MeGaStReEt: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
@superstan

ty u very very much
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by ritchboy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
The starter of this thread should be shot 99 times in his left eye!
@moderator
Sleeping on d job again i see grin
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by zeal22(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
i tink the News about Rooney getting infected is very stupid. I heard on Rhythm sports dis morning and they were saying that they did not even sleep in Nigeria. They have spent over a week in South Africa and the are very sure the virus identified itself and a "Nigerian Virus" I will be very disappointed in the fool (Rooney) if he is the one saying he caught it in Nigeria. I have heard worse tins about Naija shaaa!
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by Uche2nna(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2008
Slow your row there, mate

Viruses have incubation time , some take 24 hrs while some take longer than that. Medics can easily (with some approximation , sha) determine when You caught something. So unless we really know what sort of virus he got infected with then You can't say for sure that the story is baloney.

Last I checked, some viruses are air borne?  undecided  So You really don't need to sleep over.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by presido1: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
What has racism got to do with Virus.
Moderator will not lock/direct the poster to man United existing thread cuz its man united bashing thread.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by deor03(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
I don't know when people will start to realise that Oyinbo people only see us for what they can take from us.

Check out in the 18th centuries, it was slavery
19th Century, It was conquest by waging war with us on our land
20th Century, Granting us "independence" and taking all our resources
21st century, We begging them to take our money through, HSMP, Visa lottery, Schooling abroad, Blindly being Fans of Clubs that have NO regard for you;Imagine paying £1.5 million for a 90minutes show; Investing hard earned Naira to buy a nylon cloth in the name of CLUB jersey.

I know i will not live beyond 21st century but I wish 22nd century Africans are lot wiser.

Go to the discussion forums on their site and see how "your" fellow club compatriots are dizzing Nigeria angry
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by MrCrackles(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
common chill now poster, it doesnt make man u a racist club, they should have done thier homework properly before hopping on the jet!

rooney and carrick picked up some yar'dua disease when they went to nigeria! grin
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by yemmight(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2008
Baseless topic, jobless people. shocked
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by Sagamite(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
What has the fact that Rooney picked up a virus in Nigeria got to do with Racism?

And some people wonder why they underachieve in life when they have this sought of reasoning.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by agaba123(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
didn't they go to South Africa?

How many days did they spend in Nigeria compared to South Africa.

No it will be more like it if they say it is from Nigeria where everything goes wrong
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by Uche2nna(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ agaba

It is tempting to look at it that way. When I first saw the headline, I sighed. But then U have to ask urself, what will the medic staff of Man U gain by telling such fables. U guys dont even know what kind of virus the guy picked up and we already playing the racist card sad Are U telling me that within the time frame they were in Nigeria, that he could not have picked up a virus. undecided Apart from the sentimental race card, do U guys have anyother evidence that he did not pick up in Nigeria.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by agaba123(m): 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2008
It is not even race card here
I am talking about bad name.

Why not say he picked it in their african trip? No it is easier to hang it on Nigeria. i never mentioned race and i am not refering to that.

For there is no difference between racism and tribalism save for international dimension
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by Uche2nna(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
agaba123:

It is not even race card here

My post was general and more of a response to the title of the thread.

agaba123:

Why not say he picked it in their african trip?

Same here. When I saw the newsflash, I was like "why not say Africa" why must it always be Nigeria.

But then, if they are really sure , then You can't blame them. Like I have said in my earllier posts, there is 90 percent chnace that they could tell where he picked up the virus if they knew what the virus is. Most viruses have well known incubation time.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by A40(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
Its pathetic the way it was displayed in the media they made it sound like if you came to Nigeria you would catch a virus simply by inhaling the air
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by tpia: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2008
they're just displaying their ignorance.

I wouldnt be surprised if its some bad belle Nigerians starting all these rumors.

Anyone can get a virus anywhere.
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by ritchboy(m): 5:18am On Aug 08, 2008
they made it sound like if you came to Nigeria you would catch a virus simply by inhaling the air

wouldnt you? grin
Re: Manu Is A Racist Club. Now Rooney Is Down Cos He Picked A Virus In Nigeria: by shilling(f): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2008
A virus in Nigeria? I was shocked when I heard that. He travelled to South Africa where it's winter at the moment, so what type of virus does he have? If it's a flu or a cold, he got that in South Africa, not Nigeria. By the way, Man Utd is not racist in any way.

(1) (Reply)

Sure 10+ Odds For Today / I Cannot Stop Winning With Stakegains Three Odds Banker / Liverpool Vs Barcelona 4-0 (AGG 4-3) - Highlights (download Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.