Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Command Prompt Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Command Prompt Problem (1731 Views)

10 Best Command Prompt(cmd) Tricks, Tips & Hacks For Windows - 2015 / Let Share How To Hack Wifi Using A Command Prompt / Command Prompt Tricks And Hacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Command Prompt Problem by onyegbula(m): 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
i have a problem with my command prompt on windows xp. when i try to open it up it comes up with this message "your command prompt has been disabled by your administrator, press any key to continue" and when you press any key it will just go off. I have scanned the drive for virus, yet no improvement.
Re: Command Prompt Problem by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
Change your anti virus. I'm a hundred and ten percent sure you have a virus.
Re: Command Prompt Problem by stepestus(m): 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2008
Needless to say you have a virus in ur system. You can copy command prompt from another system into yours as in c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe from a less infected system to yours and keep it in another location other than system 32, say on desktop or even leave it in a flash drive which is more preferable. If symptoms persists let me know
Re: Command Prompt Problem by onyegbula(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2008
thanks brothers, i have scanned the system with both F-secure & Trendmicro Officescan antivirus but its still the same. also copied the command.exe from a better system to the system (on its desktop) yet it still gave the same problem.
Re: Command Prompt Problem by Maleeq(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2008
@onyegbula

Are you the administrator of the system you want to run the command prompt on? If yes, then a malware must have reset the permissions on the command shell. NO ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM WILL SEE THIS PERMISSION SETTING AS A SECURITY THREAT. Best they can do is stop the malware from making the change in the first place.

I have attached to this post, a simple script file to restore the command shell access to you. Just download it, and click it.
(I certify that the content of the script does not pose any threat to your PC, does not containing any malicious codes and will only restore access to the CMD shell as at upload time.)

Cheers!

Re: Command Prompt Problem by kabeerhabe(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
[b][/b][i][/i]

please brothers, i need drivers for my laptops. ihave hp, acer and dell plz can anyone help me with any?
Re: Command Prompt Problem by uspry1(f): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
kabeerhabe:

[/b][i][/i]

please brothers, i need drivers for my laptops. ihave hp, acer and dell plz can anyone help me with any?

@kabeerhabe

Welcome new member! However, you are off the topic, please create your own new topic off this posting that I will delete this posting as soon as you finished created.

If you are still not know how to create a new topic, here is the following link below:

[b]How To Create A New Topic

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-142313.0.html
Re: Command Prompt Problem by Ralvy(m): 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2008
stepestus:

Needless to say you have a virus in your system. You can copy command prompt from another system into yours as in c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe from a less infected system to yours and keep it in another location other than system 32, say on desktop or even leave it in a flash drive which is more preferable. If symptoms persists let me know

Now, that's an insignificant solution!!
Replacing the CMD.exe would not resolve the poster's problem 'cos access to CMD is controlled via a registry value which can be altered manually or via the built in Group Policy Manager in Windows XP.

Your best bet is the vb script posted by Maleeq wink which will execute this query .RegDelete "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\DisableCMD"
Or you can do that manually if the Registry hasn't been disabled too. smiley

-[n3rve]
Re: Command Prompt Problem by onyegbula(m): 11:09am On Sep 16, 2008
thanks alot my brothers. i am most grateful.

(1) (Reply)

MJoy Free SMS Site: Unable To Register / Free Internet Browsin 4 U n Me In Nigeria: Al About Me Is Free! / How To Use Openvpn To Surf Mtnnightplan During The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.