Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. (344850 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by dbearer: 12:25am On Nov 03, 2014
mztubsy:
Aloha! Hbd to d b.day guy in d house.hope y'all had a fab thanksgiving service in church today.I pray all our prayers and supplications wud be attended to by the big man up there.wishing e'rybody success ahead as we await our gudnews this week.as for all #scorpio in the house,this is our month.#irepnovember.it would be double blessing to get dis job and be a year older.have a nice nite.*kisses*
THIS WEEK? AMEN
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by stlarry001(m): 5:05am On Nov 03, 2014
dbearer:
THIS WEEK? AMEN

Is the list coming out this week
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 5:40am On Nov 03, 2014
finally the list where submitted to abuja office, any moment frm now we expect sms that all i knw by now, thanks room
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by taiedo(f): 6:09am On Nov 03, 2014
@Dayoblackky HBD to U! wish u many more beautiful years ahead...may all our dreams becomes reality this month.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by taiedo(f): 6:14am On Nov 03, 2014
mztubsy:
Aloha! Hbd to d b.day guy in d house.hope y'all had a fab thanksgiving service in church today.I pray all our prayers and supplications wud be attended to by the big man up there.wishing e'rybody success ahead as we await our gudnews this week.as for all #scorpio in the house,this is our month.#irepnovember.it would be double blessing to get dis job and be a year older.have a nice nite.*kisses*

May we have cause to celebrate this month..#irep November too.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by dayoblacky1(m): 6:24am On Nov 03, 2014
taiedo:
@Dayoblackky HBD to U! wish u many more beautiful years ahead...may all our dreams becomes reality this month.
Thanks plenty my sis.......I sight u!
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2014
bigtime652:
finally the list where submitted to abuja office, any moment frm now we expect sms that all i knw by now, thanks room
Is ur info from oga@d top?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by mztubsy(f): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2014
taiedo:

May we have cause to celebrate this month..#irep November too.
Amen,I'm 11th...any other 11th in d house!
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by mztubsy(f): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2014
dbearer:
THIS WEEK? AMEN
yea,this week.all my sources say this week. What I am being skeptical about is the part where dis gets to be the final list.I'm hearing diff tins from ppl so it just confusing.some say dis list is for interview,others say this is the final phase.meaning after dis,we'd be called for training and medicals.I wud highly appreciate it if any one with a reliable info cud shed more light on dis.thanks.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by taiedo(f): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2014
mztubsy:
Amen,I'm 11th...any other 11th in d house!
Am 16th.. all will be well
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
thanks for the well weshers.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by stlarry001(m): 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
mztubsy:
yea,this week.all my sources say this week. What I am being skeptical about is the part where dis gets to be the final list.I'm hearing diff tins from ppl so it just confusing.some say dis list is for interview,others say this is the final phase.meaning after dis,we'd be called for training and medicals.I wud highly appreciate it if any one with a reliable info cud shed more light on dis.thanks.

That's good news but let the interview not be this Saturday or next week own oooo, because I got an exam those days.
O God listen to my supplication and let me be among the favored ones.
Dear do you know the number of people there are employing per senatorial zone or per state.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by mztubsy(f): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
stlarry001:

That's good news but let the interview not be this Saturday or next week own oooo, because I got an exam those days.
O God listen to my supplication and let me be among the favored ones.
Dear do you know the number of people there are employing per senatorial zone or per state.
Thanks
I pray it wud not co-incide.I heard its 150 in total.that's fireman/firewoman and graduate officers altogther. Due to imcompetency on the part of those formerly recruited,npa has finally decided to employ based on merit rather than the usual "man-know-man".I just heard that merit would be considered because they realised that a lot of employees are redundant and are not performing as expected,that it why recruitment is strict this time.even if there wud be an interplay of politics,it would be after the competent ones have been chosen.so my fellow n/l let's keep our faith up.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by stlarry001(m): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
mztubsy:
I pray it wud not co-incide.I heard its 150 in total.that's fireman/firewoman and graduate officers altogther. Due to imcompetency on the part of those formerly recruited,npa has finally decided to employ based on merit rather than the usual "man-know-man".I just heard that merit would be considered because they realised that a lot of employees are redundant and are not performing as expected,that it why recruitment is strict this time.even if there wud be an interplay of politics,it would be after the competent ones have been chosen.so my fellow n/l let's keep our faith up.

I think I did well in the exam but it all boils down to divine favour and factoring in how other people in my senatorial zone did. But don't you think the 150 is too small, but God is our helper.
Your next week postulation how authentic is it. And where would the training hold.
Happy monday to you
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by chochopiro(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mztubsy has said it all,they said those who scored 50 and above will be called even without knowing anybody in NPA.the fate remains that just only very few scored the said mark.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by demov5: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
@mztubsy nd evrbody in d house,is there goin 2 be anoda interview or jus trainin nd medical?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 2:03am On Nov 04, 2014
We ar still waiting pls house any latest news?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by dbearer: 6:57am On Nov 04, 2014
@mzbusty its how its done in all fg parastatals or agency.....d tak 20% based on merit and d remaining 80% based on man know man..don't let anyone tell u oda wise....I jus pray dt ur info abt dis week z ril.let all d tension n speculationz com to an end.morning to all
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by eternity1976: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2014
dbearer:
@mzbusty its how its done in all fg parastatals or agency.....d tak 20% based on merit and d remaining 80% based on man know man..don't let anyone tell u oda wise....I jus pray dt ur info abt dis week z ril.let all d tension n speculationz com to an end.morning to all

@debearer you are right this was what we were told last year about the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting job last year that every thing was going to be on merit because of the delicacy of the place but as I am telling you I have a friend who came through a minister from his state that is working there now,infact his exams and interview then was by 8:00 am while those that were for merit was by 2 and 4 pm respectively.
What I am saying here is that the sharing formula is 20:80.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by mztubsy(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
In a country where we have a corrupt system I must say,are we surprised? That is the main reason why dis country continously deteriorates in all facets.like the saying"honesty is an expensive commodity,don't xpect it from cheap ppl"we shudnt expect too much from these ppl so as not to get dissapointed.incompetent ppl are being saddled with a rsponsiblity and given a position they are entirely clueless about when those more worthy and deserving of it are @ home wasting.sometimes I just marvel,sometimes I tell myself there is no hope for nigeria.funny thing is waec had released the result since,and successful candidates had already been selected.if its not for political reasons,I see no bloody hell why they haven't called now.and later,u'll c dr "ppl"in each department.they can't even speak good english talk more of reading an internal memo being passed around.they'll be telling you to help them read it out but they receive monthly alerts of almost 200k for showing their pathetic selfs up @ work everyday.when there is a situation that is mental tasking,they push it to their colleagues.they and their political godfathers know that they have nothing to offer,yet they keep lobbying.my dearies,I have seen a lot.monkey dey work,baboon dey chop......as christians,we know this for sure,if we have faith,we can move mountains.let's be fervent in our prayers.my humble take.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bimbos2007: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
WORK LOCATION: LAGOS
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS ADMIN
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR

JOB SUMMARY

This role is responsible for facilitating the rental of the company's decor, equipment and meeting annual rental income targets. The position is also responsible for the development and administration of client events.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Rentals
Develop/generate new business through proactive outreach to professional organisations,vendors and event companies
Cultivate potential clients, actively solicit new business, and close deals.
Manage the client relationship from first inquiry to post-event follow up
Ensure a timely return of responses to clients and information request by email or phone
Schedule and conduct site visits to determine suitability of equipment and decor requirements.

Event Management/ Event Production
Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of staff,subcontractors and vendors on event
Produce floor plans and equipment layout for events.
Produce staff briefings for on-site staff and security on a timely basis
Schedule and conduct training or refresher to part-time events staff.

Administrative
Manage the annual budget for rentals(creation , re-projection,monthly reconciliations)
Schedule events: manage client invoicing and payment collection
Maintain accurate up to date vendor files
Manage client contact database
Produce Monthly events calendar for internal use
Follow up events with evaluation and appreciation letters
Assist with events logistics, planning, and implementation.

Social Media
Managing the social media marketing Strategy
Execution of social media activities(ie Tweeting, Instagram,sharing,engaging,liking,Increasing social reach etc)
Creating Social media campaigns that drive targets clients to company's website and generate leads.

Qualification and Work Experience Requirement
First degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any related field
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an events, rental/sales environment

Skills and Knowledge Required
Flexible Working hours (will need to work some evenings and weekend to run events)
Proven ability to work independently and to service a varied clientele
Excellent communication skills,written and verbal
Strong negotiation and interpersonal skill
Strong organization and planning skill
Strong sense of ethics,etiquette and tact
Ability to establish manage and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of constitutes
Ability to function effectively as team member and willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals of and objectives of the company
Proficiency use of resources of team to meet and exceed client expectations
Positive attitude, composure, humor, creativity adaptability and approach ability
Good to excellent computer Skills including use of Ms office suite.

SALARY 150,000
Interested applicants should forward their CV to bimbos2007@yahoo.com NOTE Preferably Ladies.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by md4u2: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
hhhhmmm. Dis npa job tins na wa ooooo
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by dodooo(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Hi Naira landers, just got an info nw dat d list will nt b release dis week due some problems btw d agency and ministry. Thou it's likely to be release within d month. Dnt know Hw true this info is, pls mztubsy Comferm d authenticity for d house
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2014
dodooo:
Hi Naira landers, just got an info nw dat d list will nt b release dis week due some problems btw d agency and ministry. Thou it's likely to be release within d month. Dnt know Hw true this info is, pls mztubsy Comferm d authenticity for d house
Tell us who gave u d info. because we hv seen a lot of info here to d extent we don't bother anymore.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Exmdy: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2014
chibuikegn:

Tell us who gave u d info. because we hv seen a lot of info here to d extent we don't bother anymore.

He should tell you who gave him the Info? That's funny. Its true we aint bothered anymore about info being peddled around but he has typed something and has asked someone whom he feels can confirm further to take it from here for the sake of the house and that's fair enough of him.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by demov5: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
i don tire 4 NPA
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hhmmm dis is nja!!! ;DHhmmm dis is nja!!!
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by dbearer: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
DT news d fake,cos d news of releasing d list this week was not even confirmed
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by sadiktofa(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
I'm really tired of this NPA stuff, tomorrow, nxt week, next month...haba! Are we sure this recruitment is still valid? If it is, I pray God to let this our wait worthwhile!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by dodooo(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
chibuikegn:
Finally!
hmmm smiley
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by rushj(m): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
chibuikegn:
Finally!
Finally what? Say it now

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (55) (Reply)

NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.