Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

I Am Brok - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Brok (1123 Views)

I Am Tired Of Living With This Broke Man / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / The Selfie That Broke The Internet! Spot The Fail.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Brok by Achiles: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2013
O'Keefe
Re: I Am Brok by greatgod2012(f): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Achiles: I got paid my usual salary this morning and u know, is all gone! Funny thing is, I did not buy any tangible thing. I have struggled in recent time to meet all expenses since I got married inspite of the fact that I work in a place where employee remuneration is a bit rewarding. I honestly dont want 2014 to be like this and just dont know what to do. Does anyone have any business idea I could tap from? I mean, only depend on my salary which I have fully strectched since I began my building project in 2012. I need another line of income. somebody help! Is there anyone out there who is passing through the same experience, please share!

business section would be an appropriate place to post this for real helpful hints.
Wishing you goodluck in your endeavour.
Re: I Am Brok by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2013
Achiles: I got paid my usual salary this morning and u know, is all gone! Funny thing is, I did not buy any tangible thing. I have struggled in recent time to meet all expenses since I got married inspite of the fact that I work in a place where employee remuneration is a bit rewarding. I honestly dont want 2014 to be like this and just dont know what to do. Does anyone have any business idea I could tap from? I mean, only depend on my salary which I have fully strectched since I began my building project in 2012. I need another line of income. somebody help! Is there anyone out there who is passing through the same experience, please share!

Bros, you already know why you are broke and the building is the answer. It is an investment which will appreciate in value and you should treat it as one. On what else you can do, it depends on how much time you have and how much money you want to invest. If you have a 9-5pm job, or a job where you have some free time, then you can start thinking of another business, if not then may be you should be looking at some high yielding investments.
Re: I Am Brok by olymurphy(f): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2013
If your wife is a housewife, maybe you should start something for her
Re: I Am Brok by EfemenaXY: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
You mention you're married.

What does your wife do? Have you got any kids? Project or not, you cannot compromise on the basic necessities of life: Food, Clothing and Shelter.

~ You / wifey must put food on the table. It's non-negotiable.
~ You must keep the roof over your head, meaning your rent must be paid if you're renting.
~ And you need clothes on your back.

Sort those out first before taking on any projects. Are you in debt? If so, then the next thing on your list should be to settle your debtors and then going forward, learn to cut your coat according to your size.

I'm interested in knowing what your wife is doing to ease the current situation. Why are you the only one footing the bills here? Unless she's incapacitated, she should help out too.
Re: I Am Brok by ypepe: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
Most of us especially paid workers thrive in debt. By d time salary enters, u end up with nothing.
Some spend on frivolities. Some live a very expensive lifestyle that requires extra cash to maintain.
Some bc of pride become unplanned father xmas.
Some still want d wife to be a stay at home mum even when d wife wanna go out to help. No contribution.

Poster, where do u belong so pple will know what to tell u.
I find it rather unsettling when pple say they can't give account of what happens to their money.
Don't they hv plans drawn?
Re: I Am Brok by Achiles: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Re: I Am Brok by ypepe: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ok, then. Let me tell u what my family do.
We r currently handling a building project.
Every month, we know d percentage to set aside for neccessities like food and bills.
Then we also hv some for personal, the building, emergency, and our baby.
Every money has its use. We don't dip into one to offset d other.
There r things we currently overlooked so as to meet our desired target.
House is never built overnite especially if u r a young worker and not a politician and their likes.
Take it slow and u will also be able to meet up with other things.
Ur wife is ur other half, involve her. Stop being so macho about it. Afterall its still d two of u that will reap d benefit.

All d best.
Re: I Am Brok by Woged2005(f): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
olymurphy: If your wife is a housewife, maybe you should start something for her

You don't start 'something' for people because they are idle and want to be busy, rather you start 'something' for someone who has the skills, training and zeal to manage it...this is why 80% of business either fail or poorly managed.

The @Op simply needs a budget and sticks to it. Moreover, OP do you give back to the society through charities (be it tithe, alms, donations, etc)? Trust me that can help ur finances in mysterious ways...All the luck?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Underrated Things That Are Essential For Couples To Be Happy / My Wedding Plan; Ur Adviice Needed / If The Father Is A Muslim And The Mother A Christian, What Religion Should ....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.