Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? (5836 Views)

The New EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Magu, 7 Things You Need To Know About Him / EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed / ICPC Investigates Farida Waziri ,Former EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by brownbonno(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
Former EFCC Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu demoted to Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), SSS Visits Kuru to Arrest Him.
Last View on Tue 5th August, 2008
Last Modified on Tue 05th August, 2008 1:40:53 pm
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
Saharareporters, New York
Updates:
A team of men of the State Security Service (SSS) visited the NIPSS today to effect the arrest of Nuhu Ribadu, an SSS source told Saharareporters that the Director General of the State Security Service (SSS) is personally handling Nuhu Ribadu's case. The team visited the office of the acting DG of NIPSS today to announce their presence and mission, it is unknown if Rubadu has been arrested as at the time of publishing this report.

Former EFCC Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu demoted ,
Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, has been demoted down two ranks by the Nigeria Police force, his principal employer.

The former EFCC chairman, who became an Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) two years ago, is being demoted by the police authorities because of his arrest and detention of James Ibori, the former governor of Delta State. Although facing prosecution for corruption, Ibori has grown increasingly influential with the government of Umaru Yar’Adua. Only last Friday, for instance, Yar’Adua appointed David Edevbie, Ibori’s former finance commissioner, as his Principal Secretary. It is also known that the Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, was sponsored to leadership of the Force by Ibori.

Saharareporters had reported that plans were afoot to demote Ribadu and withdraw him from the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) where he has been a student since February this year when he was controversially removed as the EFCC chairman.

Nuhu Ribadu has since disappeared from public view, but reliable sources told Saharareporters that two powerful politicians, Ibori and Bukola Saraki, never lost sight of him. They have worked with the Inspector General of Police and Yar'adua, who sources said, held Ribadu responsible for a series of media attacks on the illegitimacy of his government. With his demotion, analysts say Ribadu may be in for a prolonged season of humiliation, ridicule and endangerment.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=685
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by otele(m): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

i don die o grin grin grin grin

e go better for naija . . . abi? grin

democracy, naija style. definition: govt of the people, for some people, by those people.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by agaba123(m): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
ike nsi
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by bilymuse: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2008
dont believe everything from sahara report
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by otele(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2008
anyway, i dont believe everything i see/read in the media
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by McKren(m): 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nigeria has no vibrant opposition party

What more does the opposition need to win the next election in Nigeria??

For those who don't believe Saharareporters, all their reports on EFCC matters have been 100% correct and most times predicted before time and yet they still come to past.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by airegin: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2008
WOW!!!!!
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by SkyBlue1: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
I would rather wait till this news is properly verified and i desperately hope it is not because Ibori was inconvenienced that Ribadu is being gone after when people like Odili and Ibori are still walking around freely. I just don't know anymore, i keep on wondering so desperately when we will get the straw that breaks the camel's back, what is left to happen before the victimised masses are moved or forced to action against the powers that keep holding the people ransom HONESTLY. Instead as has been shown consistently on nairaland, everything quickly disintegrates into tribalism instead of unity against a government, house and party that are holding a nation of over 140 million people ransom. What can one say anymore?
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by DrKitaun(m): 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
brownbonno:

Former EFCC Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu demoted to Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), SSS Visits Kuru to Arrest Him.
Last View on Tue 5th August, 2008
Last Modified on Tue 05th August, 2008 1:40:53 pm
Updates:
A team of men of the State Security Service (SSS) visited the NIPSS today to effect the arrest of Nuhu Ribadu, an SSS source told Saharareporters that the Director General of the State Security Service (SSS) is personally handling Nuhu Ribadu's case. The team visited the office of the acting DG of NIPSS today to announce their presence and mission, it is unknown if Rubadu has been arrested as at the time of publishing this report.

Former EFCC Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu demoted ,
Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, has been demoted down two ranks by the Nigeria Police force, his principal employer.

The former EFCC chairman, who became an Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) two years ago, is being demoted by the police authorities because of his arrest and detention of James Ibori, the former governor of Delta State. Although facing prosecution for corruption, Ibori has grown increasingly influential with the government of Umaru Yar’Adua. Only last Friday, for instance, Yar’Adua appointed David Edevbie, Ibori’s former finance commissioner, as his Principal Secretary. It is also known that the Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, was sponsored to leadership of the Force by Ibori.

Saharareporters had reported that plans were afoot to demote Ribadu and withdraw him from the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) where he has been a student since February this year when he was controversially removed as the EFCC chairman.

Nuhu Ribadu has since disappeared from public view, but reliable sources told Saharareporters that two powerful politicians, Ibori and Bukola Saraki, never lost sight of him. They have worked with the Inspector General of Police and Yar'adua, who sources said, held Ribadu responsible for a series of media attacks on the illegitimacy of his government. With his demotion, analysts say Ribadu may be in for a prolonged season of humiliation, ridicule and endangerment.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=685

junk journalism at its worst . . . . embarassed
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by brownbonno(m): 1:53am On Aug 06, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

junk journalism at its worst . . . . embarassed

What is the yardstick for your qualification ? Are you holding brief for Ibori.I am sure you know James Ibori is capable of doing anything to keep his head above the water.
Saharareporter was able to bring to the public a primary evidence to proof Ibori conviction in London,which he wilfully refuse to declare before taking the oath of office as a governor of delta state.If Nigeria was actual a place where the rule of law reigns,his governorship past/position should have been declare null and void as if it never existed.And be made to pay back all the benefits he enjoyed as a governor of Delta state.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by BigB11(m): 2:31am On Aug 06, 2008
It is very very very important to clearly understand that those who control any nation are invisible and less than 20 in number. These folks remain in-charge forever and ever, because they represent an unbreakable chain.
Many (including RIBADU) do (did) not understand many things; there is a line one must never never never cross under all circumstances.
I'm sorry to inform you guys that Ribadu did not only crossed the line, he also shit all over the line.
And when you shit like that it is also very critical for you to know how to clean up your mess.
I'm not sure if Ribadu understands this simple protocol as yet. This is the main reason why many great folks stay away from politics. Ribadu should have done the same.
Politics is simply a dirty game that is designed only for certain entities.

I wish Mr. Ribadu well, as he remains one of my favorite Nigerians.
And let us stay cool and hope that this new development is incorrect.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by BigB11(m): 2:33am On Aug 06, 2008
Ribadu, dead police officer, others demoted
Published: Wednesday, 6 Aug 2008

The Police Service Commission on Tuesday announced the demotion of the former Chairman of Economic and Financial Crime Commission, Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, from the rank of an Assistant Inspector-General of Police to Deputy Commissioner of Police.

Also demoted from the rank of commissioners to deputy commissioners are the late Mr. Haz Iwendi, Mr. Solomon Arase, Mr. Amodu Ali, Mr. Columbus Okaro, Mr. Olayinka Balogun, and Mr. Adebayo Ajileye. Iwendi, a former Force Public Relations Officer, was until his death on May 5, 2008, the Commissioner, Kaduna State Police Command.

It was learnt that Okaro is due for retirement October.

Nine Deputy Commissioners of Police were also demoted to Assistant Commissioners of Police; eight ACPs to Chief Superintendents of Police; 11 CSPs to Superintendents; 13 SPs demoted to Deputy Superintendents of Police; and 29 DSPs to Assistant Superintendents of Police.

Sixty three ASPs were demoted to Inspectors.

Ribadu, who was sent to the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies on a mandatory course in a controversial circumstance, was a Deputy Commissioner of Police when he was appointed the EFCC chairman in 2003.

In December 2006, he was elevated to the post of Commissioner of Police alongside Iwendi. Barely four months after, Ribadu was again moved up to the level of AIG.

Ribadu’s demotion and the other affected officers were contained in a statement by the PSC Chairman, Mr. Parry Osayande, on Tuesday. The development therefore puts to rest earlier speculations that the former EFFC boss was marked for demotion by the police.

The PSC explained in the statement that the decision to demote the officers was because their promotions were irregular and done without regard for the laws guiding such exercise.

Besides, it said it was imperative to preserve espirit de corps since their promotions had created disquiet within the Nigeria Police Force.

Osayande, a former DIG, said the PSC found as very disturbing, the irregular promotion of 140 officers without due recourse to the PSC which had the statutory responsibility to do so.

The statement reads in part, “The commission notes that the special promotion was not based on the established criteria and was a total breach of Section 153 of the 1999 Constitution and the Police Service Commission Act of 2001.

“It has therefore been the cause of disillusionment, agitations and indiscipline within the NPF.

“Consequently, after due considerations of this administration’s avowed commitment to the rule of law, and in order to guarantee a level-playing field for all members of the Police Force, the commission re-examined the guidelines for promotion for all the ranks ranging from the Deputy Inspector-General of Police to constable.”

According to the PSC, the guidelines for promotion included seniority, merit, minimum of three years on a rank, participation in promotion course, passing of prescribed examination and involvement in the field of selection.

Other criteria include recommendation from the Departmental Selection Board in respect of those attending Departmental Selection Board interview and good Annual Performance Evaluation Report Grading over a period of three years.

In addition, a candidate billed for promotion must not have a pending disciplinary matter, complaints or petitions of gross misconduct such as human rights violation, torture, extra-judicial killing, corruption and rape. Such candidate must have passed oral interview conducted by the PSC.

The commission said special promotions must be based on exceptional performance such as acts of gallantry and bravery and not by doing normal jobs.

The PSC therefore directed that all those demoted should revert to their former ranks with immediate effect.

However, it promised that all those that had met the criteria for promotion would be considered on merit, subject to availability of vacancy and recommendation of the Inspector-General of Police.

Based on the promotion guidelines, Ribadu and others will have to wait till October I, 2008 for promotion to their next ranks. The PSC indicated that their last promotions were October 1, 2005.

Meanwhile, there were reports that there was an attempt to arrest Ribadu, on Tuesday, by security officials in Kuru, Jos.

The attempted arrest, purportedly for questioning, our correspondent gathered from a reliable source, was unsuccessful.

It is not clear why the former EFCC chairman was targeted for arrest but the source disclosed that Ribadu might have escaped after a tip-off that he was being trailed.

Our correspondent gathered that there was apprehension over Ribadu’s safety and his future in the police.

Another former official of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, was on Monday arrested by the police, following complaints by Ribadu’s successor, Mrs. Farida Waziri, that he was allegedly keeping some documents allegedly containing some high-profile corruption cases.

Magu has however insisted that he was not in possession of any document since he was just a unit head and not a case officer.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080806231675
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by BigB11(m): 2:57am On Aug 06, 2008
Question: How come OBJ isn't reaching out to rescue his political bull dog?
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by vigasimple(m): 3:42am On Aug 06, 2008
I am of the opinion that Yar A'dull is more than clueless from the begining.

OBJ  political gameplaying is coming to hunt him.

He 'select' Yar A'dull to checkmate both IBB, Atiku and Bhuari. In some respect Yar A'dull among some of the Northern ruling class is near the 'best' they can offer.

And because of OBJ lack of vision for the country and selfishness he did not encourage young and futuristic leadership candidate from every part of the country especially the south south or the south east. He simply follow the Northern game playing of reverting power back to the north as if the country is simply divided between North and south.

Whatever the shortfall of RIBADU, he has set a precedent which i don't think that even the current EFCC chairman can match. whether is selective justice or not, governors and IGP of police have been put in jail because of this courageous man.

let me tell you that I have predicted that between Okiro, Aoodaonka and Yar A'dull fight on corruption will be set back to square one.

If everyone will recall that we know that Yar A'dull is a dishonest man and his action for removing RIBADU in the first instance is unconstitutional. He did a political posturing once IBORI and his 'TEAM' went to see him and made a case for their position and on how they bankroll his election.

Life is ironical, by trying to humilate RIBADU, this may actually be the begining of end for these sets of recycle politicians including OBJ, IBB etc - they may not know it and may simply assume it is business as usual.

God help this nation

N.B. On the point of demotion, the police service commission may have a point but do anyone raise an eyebrow when they are being promoted. The demotion is an attempt to frustrate RIBADU out of the service and to ensure that he does not become an IGP because the Police may just get an overhaul and have a good name.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by darfur(m): 4:28am On Aug 06, 2008
how low can a nation go.

i spoke to my friend recently asking him about nigeria, he complained bitterly that things are getting worse. he noted that people were impatient b/c yaradua was sleeping while the nation burnt, now he is not only sleeping, he has started snoring. perhaps someone should try to arouse him, so we may know if he is really sleeping or actually in coma.

this is pathetic
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by landis(m): 6:56am On Aug 06, 2008
McKren:

Nigeria has no vibrant opposition party

What more does the opposition need to win the next election in Nigeria??

Indeed, may be you wanna ask OBJ and IWU and many Nigerians that supported OBJ during the war with Atiku.

Little did they know that 'ATIKU', even though not clean, is the closet thing to opposition.

Too late.

garbage in, garbage out.

we get the NATION, we deserve. It is that simple.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by agaba123(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2008
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by youngies(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ibori and his co horts are about going full circle without knowing it. Once that is done, watch and see how fast they will be incinerated and their ashes confined to the dustbin of history

Those whom the gods wants to kill, he first makes them go mad
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by MrCrackles(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2008
Shuooo, dem don arrest the former economic crimes czar?!

Anytin is possible in Naija anyway!
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by angel101(f): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2008
his promotion was indeed irregular. OBJ is to blame. i wish nigerians cld rise up to these evil doers
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by ojimboIV: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2008
amazing stuff. too many conspiracy theories. but what resonates overall is that mr. ribadu stepped real hard on some precious toes. the sequence of events and rapidity outclasses any anticipation one can get from nollywood movies.

it's naija.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by oludayo20(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
Time and time again,I've had to believe that Nigeria as a nation is under a very serious curse,Here is Ribadu,a man who has done excellently well,He did not promote himself, ,and to be treated like is simply unbelievable,it's like folk tale,but it's certainly true,the reality taking place in my beloved country Nigeria.unfortunately,Nigerians are generally uncorcerned,not bothered.until this ruling oligachy finally decide to sell us to the highest bidder.who will save Nigeria?
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by BigB11(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
his promotion was indeed irregular. OBJ is to blame. i wish nigerians cld rise up to these evil doers

@ Angel101: I agree.

The man was illegally promoted by OBJ to fight his political enemies.
You see, Nigerians are blind and do not think deep enough. We tend to follow without using our common sense effectively. Ribadu had his chance to make things happen, but he did not take advantage of the opportunity. The man craves for power more than anything else, but he forgot that there are rules and regulation.
I'm sure that with time, folks in general will begin to realize that Ribadu is not a superman, he's not better than any of us. He is just another man that wants his ego stroked by fools.

Question:
Did you guys complain when Ribadu was illegally promoted?
Did you even know that Ribadu was illegally promoted?

Ribadu wasted money and time during his time fighting fake war against corruption; in fact he remains one of the reasons why none of these governors has yet to be successfully prosecuted. But of course, Nigerians are too blind and dull to see this fact.

I'm not sure if there is any reason for any of us to make big deal out of this latest development, it was expected
When you intentionally sleep with a dirty dog, you must also be ready and willing to deal with both fleas and ticks.
This is exactly what is currently going on.

Absolutely not a big deal; Nigeria as a nation is bigger than Ribadu, you or myself. We must learn and focus more on how to always do what is right. This is the only way our nation will move forward effectively and efficiently.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by BigB11(m): 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
We must learn and focus more on how to always do what is right accordingly. This is the only way our nation will move forward effectively and efficiently.

It makes no sense to do what is right illegally!
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by ssRhino: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2008
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by oludayo20(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Big B1.
I hope a day will come when you will be given an opportunity to serve Nigeria,then we'll see what you can do.but common sense (which is not really common) dictate that Ribadu truly serve Nigeria with all his heart.History will surely Judge.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by vigasimple(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
Come to think of it, Yar A'dull and all these police commission nonsense cannot talk about due process and rule of law because RIBADU removal up on till this time is unconstitutional, so yar A'dull himself has not apply due process and rule of law by sending Ribadu to a dubious school for dubious reason.

Even a primary school child knows that it is just cover to remove him as head of EFCC.

Before RIBADU EFCC and the so called selective justice, can anyone tell me how many governors are indicted let alone went to Prison.

At the end of the day, the end is near for all of our recycled 'leaders' but they must first get into a false comfort zone to think that all their enemies have been side step.

Another important step, promotion is not by number of years but pure merits. A Jss1 pupil can be promoted to Jss3 if he/she merited it whilst not going through JSS2.

Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. NIGERIA our time is almost here.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by brownbonno(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2008
It is a pity that Mr President have been guided into a point of no return.After the first year into his 4 years administrative tenure,there is still no focus.
Nigeria is actually in trouble with this type of man steering the administration of the nation.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by brownbonno(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu invited for questioning, As Officer Magu remains in Detention

Last View on Wed 6th August, 2008
Last Modified on Wed 06th August, 2008 1:14:17 pm

The former Chairman of the EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu was today officially invited for questioning by the Jos Office of the State Security Service (SSS), 24 hours after he was demoted by two ranks to Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP).

A source in the presidency told SaharaReporters that Ribadu's arrest is imminent. The source further revealed that a cocktail of charges has been compiled by the Attorney General of the Federation, Michael Aondoakaa, an archenemy of Ribadu. Said the source: "He is likely to be accused of influencing the disqualification of otherwise-qualified politicians before the 2007 Elections".

The source continued: "He (Ribadu) is also to be accused of attempting to influence the cancellation of the Presidential Elections at the Presidential Election Tribunal. This is akin to treasonable felony, according to the Minister of Justice".

The Attorney-General’s plan is to detain the former EFCC boss without bail after charging him to court within 48 hours in cynical deference to Umaru Yar'adua's often-mouthed respect for the rule of law. A high-level security source sympathetic to Ribadu told SaharaReporters that once he is behind bars, he might be infected with a deadly disease or poisoned with harmful chemicals. "They have figured out that as Muslims we do not do autopsies on death", he added.

Ribadu’s demotion and impending humiliation are widely seen as continued victimization of the anti-graft czar whose efforts have led to the prosecution of several former state governors especially James Ibori of Delta State whose worldwide assets were frozen by a UK High court. Earlier this year, Inspector-General Okiro, who was himself sponsored to the job by Ibori, abruptly sent Ribadu off to a training course. Ibori was the main financier of the election of the current Nigerian Head of State, and he continues to wield considerable influence over Yar’Adua’s administration.

Our source stressed that Ribadu will be killed if Nigerians don't rise up and defend him, warning that the former EFCC boss “will die of ‘natural causes’ within the shortest possible time".

FEMI FALANA Reacts:

Having been made to wear their ranks, given statutory responsibilities and paid salaries and other allowances in line with their promotions the Police Service Commission cannot, in law, demote such officers by virtue of Section 151 of the Evidence Act which provides as follows:

“When one person has, by his declaration, act or omission, intentionally caused or permitted another person to believe a thing to be true and to act upon such belief, neither he nor his representative in interest shall be allowed, in any proceedings between himself and such person or such person’s representative in interest, to deny the truth of that thing”.

Since the said officers have acted on the fact of their promotion the Police Authorities are estopped from denying the fact of such promotion. In Obafemi Awolowo University v. Dr. A.K. Onabanjo (1991) 5 NWLR (PT 193) 549, the staff conditions of service provided that confirmation of employment of a university lecturer shall be in writing after a 3-year probationary period. The respondent’s appointment was not confirmed in writing after the probationary period but was allowed to continue to teach for three months thereafter. The purported termination of his appointment on the ground that he had been confirmed was set aside by the Oyo State High Court. On appeal the judgment was confirmed. Mustapha Akanbi JCA (as he then was) who read the leading judgment stated inter alia:

“Allowing him to continue to work and earn his salary, gave the impression that he was in for another term of office, as an officer who has satisfactorily completed his probationary period and has been re-appointed”,

Applying the above decision of the Court of Appeal to the controversial demotion of the aforesaid police officers the Police Authorities are ESTOPPED from denying the existence of their promotion since they have been made to believe and act on the basis of their new ranks.

It is also pertinent to point out that reduction in rank in the police force is a punishment which can only be imposed on an officer who has been tried and proven to have committed an offence or gross misconduct. In such a situation the officer affected must be given the opportunity to make a representation to the administering authority before that authority makes the decision affecting the person by virtue of Section 36(2)(a) of the 1999 Constitution.

In the light of the foregoing the Police Service Commission MUST reverse the illegal demotion of the 140 Police officers including the late Haz Iwendi who wore the rank of a Police Commissioner to his grave while serving his fatherland loyally and patriotically.

He then added the chilling forecast: “Let the world know that Nuhu Ribadu is about to be sacrificed like Ken Saro-Wiwa."

Meanwhile, the detained former head of the Economic Governance unit of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu is spending his 3rd day in detention at the Nigeria Police Force headquarters in Abuja. Magu, a police officer recently transferred to the Ekiti State Command, was detained on the orders of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Okiro since Monday morning as he honored an invitation to the headquarters.
Lawyers and family to the detained officer said they have been barred fom visiting him in detention since yesterday.
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by ifyalways(f): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
wow ! ! !
The movie is getting intresting now cheesy
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by BigB11(m): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
I wish him well!
Re: Former Efcc Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu Arrested? by Arnold1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
Isn't it obvious by now that Yar'Adua is more obsessed with appeasing those that "Obasanjo
has wronged" than actual governance (fixing the country's problems) ?

He is getting back at Obasanjo (and yorubas) for several reasons.

1. The way OBJ interrogated IBB's son through the EFCC. In his opinion, IBB is an untouchable
and an ex-Northern leader. So, OBJ has disrespected the North. This is why Yar'Adua was
quick to prosecute Iyabo Obasanjo. It's just plain 'ol pay back.

2. The probe of Sani Abacha. This is largely why he is going after OBJ with all the power sector
probe, oil sector probe etc. It's just to get back at OBJ for probing and retrieving stolen funds
from the Abacha clan. OBJ brought shame to the north with this action and now it is
payback time.

Note: Abdulsalami Abubakar's govt started the probing of Abacha, not OBJ

3. The way OBJ treated Atiku. You know Atiku is a protege of Yar'Adua's older brother, the late
Shehu Musa Yar'Adua. So, they all pretty much belong to the same family. Yar'Adua is not only
humiliating OBJ, but Yorubas as a whole as pay back for humiliating Atiku and other "prominent"
Northerners.

4. Bear in mind that, in 1999, IBB, Abdulsalami and many other Northerners brought OBJ into
power. But when OBJ got there, he played God and didn't bow to anybody.
Well, Yar'Adua is doing the same. Since OBJ was not loyal to those that brought him into power,
he doesn't find the need to be loyal to OBJ.

In short, Yar'Adua wants to go down in history as a Northern hero.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Really The Gaint Of Africa? / Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer / Breaking: See The Black Market Price For Whatever You Want From Drugs To Snipers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.