Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (71949 Views)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Charger *photos / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is On Sale Now / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now On Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by evico: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1:
mr man even if i post pictures you can't differentiate the package and casing are the same
Nigerian sef, everything una dey buy tokunbo

Can't people save some money and buy the best from the right company?

Tokunbo - Clothes(okirika)
Tokunbo - PC
Tokunbo - CARS
Tokunbo - Phones
Tokunbo - almost everything

Small time the Govt will raise the fee for importation of tokunbo phones to encourage local manufacturers
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by captainregi(m): 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
That's why I prefer my Tecno phone cos it has not been pirated.....guys be ware of fake galaxies that are meant to extort money frm uninformed masses.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by lexrichy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
4reigningqueen: 90k, 83k, 65k just for phone. I will get there someday.
you better get there or u will left behind.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by kayswag100(m): 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1:

and for your information, am not here to have any tough arguements when i bought my S3 years ago i have a month warranty some company who sells uk used phone give 7 days warranty.

Naaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! ! Dat ain't warranty.

bought an S3 July ending brand new and it's never given me an issue. Now would you compare mine to a UK used?

... for your information, product longevity depends on how owner uses it.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by moonraker(m): 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1: I wonder whats wrong with some nigerian you tell them something they talk another trash, i said even the brand new that are sold in ikeja some of it are fake!the real and clone are sold for the same price at ikeja. ANYONE WHO WANNA BUY A SAMSUNG PHONE GOTO THEIR DEALER AND GET IT, we are all learned here goto youtube watch the comparism, lately i got to know even apple product have their fake one just gotta be careful getting a smart phone now. Samsung is made in korean but some unlicenced people make a clone and resell to people. Same with apple product not all component of an iphones was made in america,some were made in asia and i "guess" samsung company dose some of there part probably the screen. Am done talking anybody who wanna yield to advice should yield any mr or mrs knowall can take their smartass to get a fake. Happy nu year.

Young man, you need to calm. No one is criticizing you on the information you provided.

You mentioned and I quote that some of the s4s sold at ikeja are Korean made. Maybe you meant to say Chinese?

Here's the deal. Samsung is a Korean company, there is a Korean variant of the s4 which is LTE only. So maybe you want to clarify that first?

We all know that there are knock offs of every product everywhere and that is why I asked you for pictures so that we can try to identify the

Difference btw the original and the fake. Nairaland is a sharing forum. If you have info, share it to create awareness. Sorry if I came off skeptic.

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Sunbellar: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
Always buy your Samsung products from their offices scattered all states in Nigeria. I bought my Samsung galaxy 10.1 at their office and it's still performing wonderfully well.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by JustGuy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
grin

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
moonraker:

Young man, you need to calm. No one is criticizing you on the information you provided.

You mentioned and I quote that some of the s4s sold at ikeja are Korean made. Maybe you meant to say Chinese?

Here's the deal. Samsung is a Korean company, there is a Korean variant of the s4 which is LTE only. So maybe you want to clarify that first?

We all know that there are knock offs of every product everywhere and that is why I asked you for pictures so that we can try to identify the

Difference btw the original and the fake. Nairaland is a sharing forum. If you have info, share it to create awareness. Sorry if I came off skeptic.

i know what am saying bro, its like a movie made in nigeria and pirated in nigeria thats just the simple example. Samsung is made in korean but the pirated version also is made in KOREA! not china. You haven't seen the fake thats why you talking like this, i say again both the fake and authentic looks the same!!
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by moonraker(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1:

i know what am saying bro, its like a movie made in nigeria and pirated in nigeria thats just the simple example. Samsung is made in korean but the pirated version also is made in KOREA! not china. You haven't seen the fake thats why you talking like this, i say again both the fake and authentic looks the same!!

Ok then
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by jreyez(m): 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
deejay_harry1: this statement is false.. no device comes close to clones as the htc

You're saying?? Please next time read carefully before posting.... It's gonna help you alot.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
kayswag100:

Naaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! ! Dat ain't warranty.

bought an S3 July ending brand new and it's never given me an issue. Now would you compare mine to a UK used?

... for your information, product longevity depends on how owner uses it.
i don't waste time arguing with people like you
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
deejay_harry1: i already have the 4.3 custom rom , the 4.3 is very stable, the 4.4 is unstable for now.. if yhu need, reach on me..
Pls i got this samsung galaxy s4 this morning, not brand new but "London-used". The issue i have is the phone is stocked on 2G as when i go to Settings>>mobile-networks, it will not change from "gsm only" to WCDMA or GSM/WCDMA(auto). Kindly assist me cos i have been going up and down google, android forums, youtube etc;and solution that seems to work for others refused to work on mine. I had to fall back on tethering wifi from my galaxy tab just so i can open a web page on the Galaxy S4 with no High BP. I am using Airtel on it and the sim seem to have 3G provisioning cos i tried on two other devices and the "H" sign with arrows pointing up and down was on the screen and the speed was fast. Kindly assist me pls before you guys mourn another nairalander cry cry cry cry (though some who see me as a menace will be happy if i Should "Proof vemuz SOB" undecided). Counting on you sir embarassed
That was how it started this morning like a joke but ended up i was screwed. Find step by step surgery some NL guru ask me to do and how it turned out.
https://www.nairaland.com/1575265/samsung-galaxy-s3-4.3-jelly/1
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by jreyez(m): 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
evico: Nigerian sef, everything una dey buy tokunbo

Tokunbo - PC
Tokunbo - CARS
Tokunbo - Phones

Small time the Govt will raise the fee for importation of tokunbo phones to encourage local manufacturers

And you think Europeans don't buy fairly used products Yet another nairaland is high on pure water angry

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
Don Demu:
Pls i got this samsung galaxy s4 this morning, not brand new but "London-used". The issue i have is the phone is stocked on 2G as when i go to Settings>>mobile-networks, it will not change from "gsm only" to WCDMA or GSM/WCDMA(auto). Kindly assist me cos i have been going up and down google, android forums, youtube etc;and solution that seems to work for others refused to work on mine. I had to fall back on tethering wifi from my galaxy tab just so i can open a web page on the Galaxy S4 with no High BP. I am using Airtel on it and the sim seem to have 3G provisioning cos i tried on two other devices and the "H" sign with arrows pointing up and down was on the screen and the speed was fast. Kindly assist me pls before you guys mourn another nairalander cry cry cry cry (though some who see me as a menace will be happy if i Should "Proof vemuz SOB" undecided). Counting on you sir embarassed
That was how it started this morning like a joke but ended up i was screwed. Find step by step surgery some NL guru ask me to do and how it turned out.
we have already sorted this wink
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
jreyez:

You're saying?? Please next time read carefully before posting.... It's gonna help you alot.
this statement is also false.

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by udemzyudex(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
if u dey lag and u nova wise up till now.... ur case no be here.. Lol
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
Black berry all the. Way
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
I can spot a fake Samsung S4 even with my eyes closed, but come on even looking at the OS is a give away, the day i buy a fake product that is a phone, i will end my life. How can you not know unless you don't know your phone well

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by muta1996(m): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1: Am suprised no one or company is to be trusted in Nigeria, a friend of mine was at ikeja and bought a used Samsung S4 at Affordables Phone,i gave him my trust about the company but to my suprised they sold him fake korea S4 for N65k. On getting there for a refund we couldn't get a refund but we picked another phone.

Where am driving at is when we checked other stores for the New Samsung S4 it was the same korea Version so we moved to SLOT, we got to slot check the phone out it was original in the display cool! on getting home charging and turning it on it turned out to be a korea version WTF! We complain and they changed it for us. I wanna let everyone here know how to spot a fake S4 and the Original, pls don't be deceived by anyone, both the fake and real looks alike software wise and hardware wise and even the pack.

How to spot a fake S4
1. The camera has a poor quality, when you check the pixel it stops at 8mega pixel while the original is 13mega pixel.

2. The fake has Voice Search instead of S Voice

3. The memory of the fake S4 is 1.8gb instead of 16gb like the original.

4. The screen resolution is poor.

5. If you are buying a used S4 goto samsung office and see the features and resolution of the S4 then you can compare what you're buying when you get to computer village.

Cheers.
but can it browse and collect bbm and co and when tecno and gionee dey wetin u dey disturb urself 4.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Revolva(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
even slot no sure self..naija is full of fake
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
pc guru: I can spot a fake Samsung S4 even with my eyes closed, but come on even looking at the OS is a give away, the day i buy a fake product that is a phone, i will end my life. How can you not know unless you don't know your phone well
you have said it all.. only noobs still buy fakes and clones..

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Smily202(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm. .......what r u telling me.... undecided undecided

btw......I can spot fak phone at first sight. ....thats me am not bosting
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1:

total BS they don't look the same i have seen numerous fakes and from far they similar but after being close its totally obvious, maybe you're not a phone person, that's like texazpete falling for a fake Samsung phone. look at the name the shape and the operating system in it.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by krugar07(m): 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
fake S4s dont have S.AMOLED displays. just display anything black on the screen ull know
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Smily202(m): 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
evico: Nigerian sef, everything una dey buy tokunbo

Tokunbo - PC
Tokunbo - CARS
Tokunbo - Phones

And u think everyone can afford new ones......or r u high on weed. ...

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hmmm!!!
When it comes to Android, only ones who knows what to look out for would fish d original. Camera Resolution, Memory and Some stock apps can help you fish it out.

For someone asking how London Used Phone can better New...
An inported London used Phone would last than the New shipped into Nigeria cos it said they manufacture device to best standard if ita to be sold in their country, which means you can neva compare it to the ones Manufactured to be brought to Nigeria.
For example.. A london used AT&T branded Phone would last longer than a New one.

@Jereyz Samsung has the most clones because its the device in town and the china peeps know people are rushing to have one.
If Tecno wasnt from China, there would have been millions of the clone cos they know say naija peeps fo larimo like mad

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Owolabi66666: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ooooo cry

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Don Demu:

i wanna get your question well, you bought an s4 uk used, and its not going on "auto" rite?
1. Can you goto storage memory in setting
2. Click on file, if you see SD Card 1.8gb, let me know
3. Goto camera if it doesn't have the mic icon or the voice shoot,cheese, or smile words let me know and also check the camera quality.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Don Demu:

i wanna get your question well, you bought an s4 uk used, and its not going on "auto" rite?
1. Can you goto storage memory in setting
2. Click on file, if you see SD Card 1.8gb, let me know
3. Goto camera if it doesn't have the mic icon or the voice shoot,cheese, or smile words let me know and also check the camera quality.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by emeritus00(m): 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Wot op sed is tru. I bot a used fake samsung galaxy s4 mysef @Sabo in ib 4 45k in August dis yr. I went dere 2 buy galaxy s3 wen I was introduced 2 s4. I knw everytin abt s3 and s4 bt 2 my surprise I didnt knw it was fake bcs it luks real. I returned d fone cry afta 4day bt cudnt return my moni bt giv m anoda fone (sony ericsson xperia arc s) wc I sold later 2 raise moni 2 buy my current s3.
Wen I wanted 2 buy s3 I als came across fake s3 d same way as s4. I detected bcs I av fallen victim b4.
Here is hw 2 detect fake s3 or s4:
1. fake is light and luk and fil cheap in hand
2. There is no gorrila glass xcept screen guild
3. Camera is poor and lack some real samsung camera funtions
Etc
if u wana buy such fones... its advisable 2 go along wit original one bcs its very hard 2 differenciate.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
pc guru: I can spot a fake Samsung S4 even with my eyes closed, but come on even looking at the OS is a give away, the day i buy a fake product that is a phone, i will end my life. How can you not know unless you don't know your phone well
you know it but some people don't know thats why this thread is opened for people to be sure of what they are buying and how to spot a fake

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
emeritus00: Wot op sed is tru. I bot a used fake samsung galaxy s4 mysef @Sabo in ib 4 45k in August dis yr. I went 2 dere 2 buy galaxy s3 wen I was introduced 2 s4. I knw everytin abt s3 and s4 bt 2 my surprise I didnt knw it was fake bcs it luks real. I returned afta 4day bt cudnt return my moni bt giv m anoda fone (sony ericsson xperia arc s) wc I sold later 2 raise moni 2 buy my current s3.
Wen I wanted 2 buy s3 I als came across fake s3 d same way as s4. I detected bcs I av failed victim b4.
Here is hw 2 detect fake s3 or s4:
1. fake is light and luk and fil cheap in hand
2. There is no gorrila glass xcept screen guild
3. Camera is poor and lack some real samsung camera funtions
Etc
if u wana buy such fones... its advisable 2 go along wit original one bcs its very hard 2 differenciate.

post the pix of the samsung S4 with the OS on, also how long have you been using Android

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Macbook Original Chargers For Sale in Nigeria. / USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated. / Dongle Device-[unscramble All Locked Channels]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.