Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (71968 Views)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Charger *photos / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is On Sale Now / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now On Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by theophorus(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
Sincerely!
When Buying any device You need to be very careful.........
"NIGERIANS" and Fraud'
'Smh'
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Pain(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
alabosian: una go soon see fake human being

We have them already on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by nneh1(f): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
So where can one buy original samsung s3 and s4
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Defaramade(m): 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
It's true mehn. Fake S4's evrywhere. Just shine ur eyes wella make u no buy chinqo s4. But ao person sef go wan buy s4 wey den dey sell 94k for 65 or 70k & think it will be an authentic one. Lesson for all...
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
Do you mean to say we should buy s4 made in united states. I thought samsung is a korean company. Btw more ideas should be dropped for spotting a fake one because lipsrsealed
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by AskProf: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1: Am suprised no one or company is to be trusted in Nigeria, a friend of mine was at ikeja and bought a used Samsung S4 at Affordables Phone,i gave him my trust about the company but to my suprised they sold him fake korea S4 for N65k. On getting there for a refund we couldn't get a refund but we picked another phone.

Where am driving at is when we checked other stores for the New Samsung S4 it was the same korea Version so we moved to SLOT, we got to slot check the phone out it was original in the display cool! on getting home charging and turning it on it turned out to be a korea version WTF! We complain and they changed it for us. I wanna let everyone here know how to spot a fake S4 and the Original, pls don't be deceived by anyone, both the fake and real looks alike software wise and hardware wise and even the pack.

How to spot a fake S4
1. The camera has a poor quality, when you check the pixel it stops at 8mega pixel while the original is 13mega pixel.

2. The fake has Voice Search instead of S Voice

3. The memory of the fake S4 is 1.8gb instead of 16gb like the original.

4. The screen resolution is poor.

5. If you are buying a used S4 goto samsung office and see the features and resolution of the S4 then you can compare what you're buying when you get to computer village.

Cheers.

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by adsonstone: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
bebe2: My s4 mini only has 600 pics and it says the
Memory is full.

Pls how do I know if mine is korean. The pic quality isnt dat gud.

that's enough to tell you its (most likely) not the original version.

Have you ever plugged your phone to a pc in usb mode?
If you still wanna confirm, connect it to a computer via usb.
If it doesnt show samsung galaxy s4 mini, then you're sure its a clone.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Breegz14(m): 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
freakin fraudsters
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Afritop(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
moonraker:

My friend, no pictures, no case, period!
Then you are free to go ahead and make the purchase and you should not complain when something happens
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
moonraker:

My friend, no pictures, no case, period!

mr man even if i post pictures you can't differentiate the package and casing are the same
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by frebor(m): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
O boy dem scam you no be small o... i can get you the s4 pictured below for 20k brand new

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by buchivik(m): 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
no pics...
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by jreyez(m): 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Samsung phones got the highest clones against other smartphones... It's crappy undecided
Go for products like Google nexus, htc, Sony and Motorola cool

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by boban007: 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
I bought a brand new htc one x from affordables computer village ikeja in 2012.it was around 100,000.with 3months warranty.after 3weeks the screen went blank.i took it back and it was one story or the other.i was very angry and showed them my receipt only for them to tell me htc does not give them warranty.when I started shouting they took the phone from me and asked me to come back in 3 days time.after which they told me they intend sending to uk to fix,but they cant take one phone to uk except they get few more damaged ones.i asked for a replacement but was told not possible.i was angry and frustrated.i eventually took it to London myself after another 4months and replaced the screen for 80 pounds.can u imagine the pain.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by teskyg: 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
Most of the gadgets we see around are from China and are called hard copy.The differences are not much when compare with the Original copy.You need a reliable seller to tell you the truth at the point of purchase.Its usually the Memory space which can be increase and the picture quality.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Dhelake: 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
yemmy75:
I guess u've officially been screwed
Blunt!!!
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by rman: 5:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
If the price is way cheaper than the original, it is likely a fake.

Is affordables an authorized dealer Of Samsung products?
@Op, awuf dey run belle
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by charming4: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
These phones are rather from China. They are called "1:1 copy" phones. You can get a 1:1 of S4 from 110usd on aliexpress.com. I advise if u wanna get a brand new phone of 90k, rather go to Samsung office to be on the safer side.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
for easy identifying, get antutu benchmark and run full text..
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
kayswag100:

Sir, I totally disagree with u. How on God's earth would u dare to say 'sometyms a used lasts longer than new' ? On what f&*ing basis?

Any phone you buy depends on the way u use it.

answer this cheap question. Does a used phone have warranty?

oga, you can always demand for an exchange if your brand new has manufacturing defaults.

and for your information, am not here to have any tough arguements when i bought my S3 years ago i have a month warranty some company who sells uk used phone give 7 days warranty.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ummitoagirl(f): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
In fairness...
I bought one here a few days ago for myself.
its cost me €569 brand new i9505 model...
225 * 569 = N128k
...assuming you bought it at a discounted rate or 2nd hand from abroad
It still shouldn't be below 80k...IT'S FAKE
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
jreyez: Samsung phones got the highest clones against other smartphones... It's crappy undecided
Go for products like Google nexus, htc, Sony and Motorola cool
this statement is false.. no device comes close to clones as the htc

3 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by 9jahubcom(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
una don hear
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bandit C.:
Isn't Samsung a korean company. What is with the "fake" korean remarks?

Or are there now two Samsung companies in Korea, one real and one fake?

My guy, the fake Samsung you bought isn't from Korea but China.

Next time, learn how to read phone specs properly to even understand what you are attempting to buy.

I don't know about Nigeria but all mobile phone retailers always have an exemplar of the phones they sell on display for customers so that they can go through it before purchasing.

If they display something different from what customers receive in sealed packets, then it's a crime.

mr man if you don't know anything just shut up people like you fall for the scam mr knowall, am telling you how to spot the fake you are talking bullsh*t!! This phones are made in korea but some koreans are not given licence to make the phone but rather they do a clone that looks like it and sell to people who can't spot the authentic version.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by techmymoney(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
I need a good writer to manage a professional blog, I live in New York and I blog as hubby. I just got tired of see Nigerian blogs that aren't built well. I have a personal tech blog that handles tech, reviews and unboxing here in America www.techmymoney.com

The blog i need good writers for is www.jistdey.com you can check it out and let me know what you think. Please note that if you contact me, I don't want people that copy post from other peoples blog word for word, because that's just lame.

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ceejay80s(m): 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Award winning thread, 2ice on front page
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
nneh1: So where can one buy original samsung s3 and s4
i'll advice you goto samsung office
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Phamoxy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pishure or adonbilivit.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Bromoh: 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
For those who r familiar with Samsung, there are 2 types ie the Korean version and the International version. The Korean version sometimes has software's in Korean and is mostly branded by a capital T like logo representing Samsung Anycall. While the international one is meant fors international market mostly US and UK So guys check very well before u pick a used Samsung phone. It is not fake Korean but meant for lovely Korea.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by sniperwolf(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Anomnity: Does the fake also have the smart stay,airview,smart scroll,smart video pause?

I doubt if the fake has the split screen features
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
I wonder whats wrong with some nigerian you tell them something they talk another trash, i said even the brand new that are sold in ikeja some of it are fake!the real and clone are sold for the same price at ikeja. ANYONE WHO WANNA BUY A SAMSUNG PHONE GOTO THEIR DEALER AND GET IT, we are all learned here goto youtube watch the comparism, lately i got to know even apple product have their fake one just gotta be careful getting a smart phone now. Samsung is made in korean but some unlicenced people make a clone and resell to people. Same with apple product not all component of an iphones was made in america,some were made in asia and i "guess" samsung company dose some of there part probably the screen. Am done talking anybody who wanna yield to advice should yield any mr or mrs knowall can take their smartass to get a fake. Happy nu year.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nairaland mods need deliverance in tis 2014.hw? Wht is wrong? No football update this year? Seun reschedule ur mods pls sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Macbook Original Chargers For Sale in Nigeria. / SHOP ON EBAY & OTHER US ONLINE STORES - Doorstep Delivery In Nigeria / USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.