Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,990 members, 7,952,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz (2008 Views)

What Animal Are You? Today Is Earth Day: Take The Google Doodle Quiz To Find Out / Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition / Online Quiz And Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 2:06am On Aug 06, 2008
Guys, Its time to chill out before the season starts. Very very easy quiz and nicely Googleable( apology LoverBwoy).

1) He/she is a former Nigeria Sprinter. Served Nigeria for a long time, even postponed getting married to serve our country for years. Was an Olympian. Lagos Robbers came to his/her Mama's house few days to the wedding and stole everything brought from United states. Abacha compesated the Athletel. Who is this Athlete? What did he/she won in the Olympic?

2) He is also a sprinter, served Nigeria well. Died in a motor accident on the way to celebrate Nigeria's independence anniversary in United States. He even had a stadium named after him in Nigeria. Who is he? What has he won for Nigeria?

3) 2 of them were topping the scorers chart in an Under-17 world cup with 5 goals. Then Nigeria qualified for the final. Both of them were called by the team's coach to play for Nigeria NOT the individual honour in the final. They listen. One of them score in the final and eventually won the highest goal scorer. Who are the 2 players in question? and what are the 2 players ever won together?

4) What is olympic motto?

5) Has Joseph Ladapo(a.k.a Jossy Lad) ever been sacked by Nigeria before? If Yes when and why?

6) He is the Son of a very successful Nigeria. The whole world is tipping him for Gold in China. Unfortunately he is representing Great Britain. Who is he?

7) Before Mount Everest was discovered, what is the highest mountain in the world? shocked grin

I have two books and one video to give away.

1) Damien Duff-The Biography by Joel Miller and
2) Asley Cole-My Defence kiss
3) Manchester United- Top Ten Strikers

Good luck but that Asley's book is a must-to-read for Gunners grin

Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 11:45pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Kitaun,jACKAL Rikky etc

Over to you AS USUAL jare.
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by bolaoni(m): 9:10pm On Aug 07, 2008
Is it Winner takes all? And by the way when is the quiz ending?

How you dey?
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by rikkyjen(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Ak0la

I need that Ashely book ooo. Heard so much about the shyte he wrote. I heard he murdered sleep in that book grin grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by coldwater(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
1 Mary Onyali ( Silver)
2 Teslim Balogun
3 Kanu and Wilson Oruma ( Japan 1993)
4 "Citius, Altius, Fortius."
5 Yes, He was sacked for non performance as a coach of national team. grin
7 Mount Everest tongue
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Rikkyjen

I bought 3 copies of Ashley books, one for Quiz, one for my Children's children and the remaining for Muki.

I will put one on post for you tommorow(if you still dey use your previous address)

Maybe Chelsea DVD too tongue
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2008
Coldwater's response

coldwater:

1 Mary Onyali ( Silver)
2 Teslim Balogun
3 Kanu and Wilson Oruma ( Japan 1993)
4 "Citius, Altius, Fortius."
5 Yes, He was sacked for non performance as a coach of national team. grin
7 Mount Everest tongue

Many Thanks
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2008
@All

No7 is not Really important but you can try it.

@Bola

Winner cant take all.

But if the winner get all the 7(Quite unusual of my quiz cry), then i can give all.
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by rikkyjen(m): 2:54am On Aug 08, 2008
Baba Ibadan, check your Gmail fast fast abeg. . .Have sent you my mailing address again. I hope you havn't sent it to the old one. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by bolaoni(m): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
Ha ha, now that Rikky has won the prize without answering a question, what about me?
Why should I be subjected to answering the questions to get my favourite? grin grin grin

I will definitely win the coveted gifts but I am just battling with one and when I am sure of that, I will
put mu answers here. I hope copyright will cover my answers sha grin grin grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2008
@Rikky

I have sent it yesterday but you may be surcharged in United states. I forget the book na Hard cover and i am not sure my stamp will be enough. You should get it in a week sha.
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by rikkyjen(m): 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2008
Akolawole:

@Rikky

I have sent it yesterday but you may be surcharged in United states. I forget the book na Hard cover and i am not sure my stamp will be enough. You should get it in a week sha.

Akola, thanks Jare!, i really appreciate gidi gan , . I can't wait to read Ashley decimating the Gooners grin grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2008
@Bola

I hope you are not goingto use your closeness to Chief Ojeagbase to get answers to my Quiz o.
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by bolaoni(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2008
Olrun maje (God Forbid!) grin

I am not sure he will have time for such. Maybe I will have to bring Mumini Alao here then.

Thanks for giving me the clue cool

Can you just send me the Man U video knowing fully well that I will get all your answers this time around? cheesy
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Hannibal: 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2008
@ Akolawole,

When are u going to change the prizes u give to something posh.
I have read Ashley Cole's book since last year. . . . . .
Upgrade the prizes and i might be tempted to enter ur competition. cheesy grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Pataki: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Your gifts are not enterprising for me to drop my answers. If you had three ellez at a five star hotel of my choice all for a weekend groove, I will try to figure out the answers to your questions. grin cheesy grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by DrKitaun(m): 12:02am On Aug 10, 2008
@Akola

sent u a mail . . .dont tell me u dont know that this quiz is just like 'em others for me cheesy

I am tired of winning ur quizzes, am left to wonder why u didnt send a YIM to notify me of this cheap quiz grin

make it harder pls tongue
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 2:19am On Aug 12, 2008
bolaoni:

Can you just send me the Manchester United video knowing fully well that I will get all your answers this time around? cheesy

When are you going to get the answers ready?
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 2:27am On Aug 12, 2008
Hannibal:

Upgrade the prizes and i might be tempted to enter your competition. cheesy grin

Ok, i go add one Polish girl join am.
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 2:31am On Aug 12, 2008
@All

I will close the quiz tommorow
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by bolaoni(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2008
Well, this is my own response to the quiz o, Oga Kola

1) Mary Onyali ( 200m Bronze and 4 X 100m Bronze)

2) Kayode Oluyemi of Ekiti State. He won the 4 X 100m Silver in Barcelona 92 Olympics

3) Kanu and Wilson Oruma

4) "Citius, Altius, Fortius" (Swifter, Higher, Stronger."wink

5) Yes, As a Coach of the Super Falcons. Took Over from Ismaila Mabo then. Reason?

6) Phillips Idowu, Son of Chief Nathaniel Idowu

7 cool

Just send me that Man Yoo Video sharp sharp wink
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by DrKitaun(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2008
quiz wey I don win for YIM tey tey tongue grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by bolaoni(m): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2008
angry angry angry

Olojoro. grin grin grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by rikkyjen(m): 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ Akolawole

Thanks ooo, when i saw the stamp of Iya-Charlis head on the envelope, i knew i had received the Cashley Book. But wait o, when will you London/Britain folks start protesting against the use of Iya-Charli as the symbol oof everything. That -ish is Irritating grin grin grin

Abeg make i leave 'tory for tortoise. I can't wait to devour that book and read how cashley decimated and dehumanized his erstwhile Gooner colleagues! tongue tongue

It Promises to be interesting and like 'em Nollywood announcers scream in their movie previews GRAB YOUR COPY Nowwwwwwwwwwwww grin grin grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Hannibal: 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2008
The cheekiest phrase he used to describe Gaynners was: "Bunch of unproven featherweights".
It's a good book. cool
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 12:27am On Aug 14, 2008
bolaoni:

Well, this is my own response to the quiz o, Oga Kola

1) Mary Onyali ( 200m Bronze and 4 X 100m Bronze)

2) Kayode Oluyemi of Ekiti State. He won the 4 X 100m Silver in Barcelona 92 Olympics

3) Kanu and Wilson Oruma

4) "Citius, Altius, Fortius" (Swifter, Higher, Stronger."wink

5) Yes, As a Coach of the Super Falcons. Took Over from Ismaila Mabo then. Reason?

6) Phillips Idowu, Son of Chief Nathaniel Idowu

7 cool

Just send me that Man Yoo Video sharp sharp wink

Many Thanks Bola even after almost a week
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 12:30am On Aug 14, 2008
@Doc Kit

YIM one is unacceptable.

Please state it here.

I will give the complete answers in the next one hour.

Cheers

@Rikky

Thats nice

God bless the Queen grin grin

You can have a go at the Quiz
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by DrKitaun(m): 1:36am On Aug 14, 2008
@Akola baba

talk true . . . I don win this quiz long time ago . .yes or no ? angry

anyways, u fit take am compensate Bolaoni, at least hin almost come close grin grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 1:53am On Aug 14, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

@Akola baba

talk true . . . I don win this quiz long time ago . .yes or no ? angry

anyways, u fit take am compensate Bolaoni, at least hin almost come close grin grin

I no agree

I want to check if you will get one particular one grin
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by Akolawole(m): 2:02am On Aug 14, 2008
drgfhhgfg
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by DrKitaun(m): 2:07am On Aug 14, 2008
Akolawole:

drgfhhgfg

OK ? shocked grin

which one in particular ? say it and I will give u the right answer straight again tongue
Re: Ak's Googleable Sport Quiz by DrKitaun(m): 2:18am On Aug 14, 2008
is the no 7 question ? dont even go there, u and I know its a trick question, more like a banana peel grin

or maybe the Jossy Lad issue who sack am put Ismaila Mabo ? Bolaoni . . .I go cyber-whoze u o tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic Of The 15 Private Jets Used For Olu Of Warri Son's Wedding Yesterday / Question: Christmas Or New Year Day's Celebration, Which Comes First? / Small Chops & Caterers In Benin City,ubiaja ,auchi, Expoma ,uromi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.