Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? (8852 Views)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
A good evening to all religious folks.

So I was on twitter this evening and I saw a tweet from a follower of mine asking why 'pastors' and 'miracle workers' alike haven't accepted the challenge to perform miracles under well examined conditions.

I knew his challenge would easily be discarded by the believers using the bible verse 'Thou shalt not test thy Lord thy God' . Then it suddenly occurred to me , there is an acceptable form of miracle that could be verified and will put to rest every argument about miracles being fabricated. 'The healing of an human with amputated limbs' .

Then I wondered, why haven't we seen/heard a miracle being performed on anyone with amputated limbs?

Is it because such type of miracle would be impossible to fabricate?

Or does it mean the God that could supposedly raise up dead people, make blind see, make the deaf hear (and other usual miracles we get to hear about) finds it difficult to perform a simple regeneration of cells and bones?

Is it impossible?

If impossible, wouldn't it become a contradiction to the common biblical saying that 'There is nothing impossible for God' ?

I would like enlightened religious folks to educate me and provide references if possible.

Thank you. And Happy new year in advance.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Apparently, it is impossibleto heal amputees.

I remember Joagbaje saying thatamputees dont need healing because they are not necessarily sick.....see how some peeps are dishonest?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Logicboy03: Apparently, it is impossibleto heal amputees.

I remember Joagbaje saying thatamputees dont need healing because they are not necessarily sick.....see how some peeps are dishonest?

Wow.

Thank you for your reply.

So according to Joagbaje, God can only heal 'sick' people?

How did he define 'sick' ? Could lame people be said to be 'sick' too? If no, why would God heal lame people if they aren't 'sick' as Joagbaje implied?
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Apparently it is impossible... there is no record or historical evidence that he has ever attempted this.. nor does he plan to.. it is your job to use the tools he has given you to perform miracles.. does he have to do everything for you
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Though I believe God can do anything including healing, I have not had the pleasure to experience the healing of an amputee.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by PastorOluT(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
frosbel: Though I believe God can do anything including healing, I have not had the pleasure to experience the healing of an amputee.

Same, it is very possible, He will n can when necessary bt that is left for Him to.

NB For the fact that we dont have any records shouldn't give the feeling that He cant. Though I have heard of people growing different parts of the body but never witness any, bt sure I have witness a whole lot other miracles too.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by destino24(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
I'm not a pastor or something but i think the question should be, "do we have enough faith to accept a new limb"

2 Likes

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
oluafolabi:
A good evening to all religious folks.

So I was on twitter this evening and I saw a tweet from a follower of mine asking why 'pastors' and 'miracle workers' alike haven't accepted the challenge to perform miracles under well examined conditions.

I knew his challenge would easily be discarded by the believers using the bible verse 'Thou shalt not test thy Lord thy God' .

Then it suddenly occurred to me , there is an acceptable form of miracle that could be verified and will put to rest every argument about miracles being fabricated. 'The healing of an human with amputated limbs' .

Then I wondered, why haven't we seen/heard a miracle being performed on anyone with amputated limbs?

Is it because such type of miracle would be impossible to fabricate?

Or does it mean the God that could supposedly raise up dead people, make blind see, make the deaf hear (and other usual miracles we get to hear about) finds it difficult to perform a simple regeneration of cells and bones?

Is it impossible?

If impossible, wouldn't it become a contradiction to the common biblical saying that 'There is nothing impossible for God' ?

I would like enlightened religious folks to educate me and provide references if possible.

Thank you. And Happy new year in advance.

@OP

The world is passing away with all its desires, but the person who does the will of God remains forever

Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.

For we know that when this earthly body we live in is taken down (i.e. when we die and leave these bodies)

We will not be spirits without bodies, but we will put on new heavenly bodies.

These current bodies, limps et cetera are temporary

It is possible to grow back amputated limbs and be made whole

However, the thing is, there are few people and far in between that can take the mantle and over time, not buckle
They will recede into the abyss of pride with and/or from delusions of grandeur

God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Now humility isn't actually humility, unless you're good enough at something to be humble.

The man Moses knew the magnitude of the power he was endowed with
and so was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth
and God used him mightily to do the impossibles

If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will . . .
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
voltron: Apparently it is impossible... there is no record or historical evidence that he has ever attempted this.. nor does he plan to.. it is your job to use the tools he has given you to perform miracles.. does he have to do everything for you

LOL at 'The tools he has given you'.

So are you reiterating that there is a limit to the power of 'miracles' ?

Since he has apparently raised deads and made lame walk, what is a mere 'Bone and Tissue' growth?

Why do you think he doesn't plan to? He told you himself?
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by tosinjoe(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
With God nufin is impossible

1 Like

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
BabaGnoni:

@OP

The world is passing away with all its desires, but the person who does the will of God remains forever

Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.

For we know that when this earthly body we live in is taken down (i.e. when we die and leave these bodies)

We will not be spirits without bodies, but we will put on new heavenly bodies.

These current bodies, limps et cetera are temporary

It is possible to grow back amputated limbs and be made whole

However, the thing is, there are few people and far in between that can take the mantle and over time, not buckle
They will recede into the abyss of pride with and/or from delusions of grandeur

God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Now humility isn't actually humility, unless you're good enough at something to be humble.

The man Moses knew the magnitude of the power he was endowed with
and so was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth
and God used him mightily to do the impossibles

If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will . . .

First of all, thank you for trying to give answers. smiley

Now, You deviated a lot from the original question by inputting a lot of things that didn't actually answer the question.

From your answer, what I deduced was;

1) You think the 'limbless' form is temporary so why should God waste his time in giving limbs to a being that will soon die.
But why will God also heal brain tumours and blind people since that form is also temporary?

2) You think he can actually do it but he won't because it might lead to pride in the individuals used.
But how come he supposedly used some individuals to raise dead people even though they might become proud after?

3)Every other answer you gave are just the usual parambulations meant to confuse people but not give actual answers.

1 Like

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
oluafolabi:

First of all, thank you for trying to give answers. smiley

Now, You deviated a lot from the original question by inputting a lot of things that didn't actually answer the question.

From your answer, what I deduced was;
1) You think the 'limbless' form is temporary so why should God waste his time in giving limbs to a being that will soon die.
But why will God also heal brain tumours and blind people since that form is also temporary?
2) You think he can actually do it but he won't because it might lead to pride in the individuals used.
But how come he supposedly used some individuals to raise dead people even though they might become proud after?
3)Every other answer you gave are just the usual parambulations meant to confuse people but not give actual answers.

God will do anything for Love

but for reasons best known to Him, He seemingly won't necessarily grow back amputated limbs for reasons earlier touched

and also because of healing brain tumors, blind people et cetera are less sensational

and it wouldn't generate the great public interest and excitement like healing an amputee will do

I think God is waiting on us, to figure out how to

Growing back amputated limbs will be the norm once the grow teeth back milestone is reached.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 01, 2014
BabaGnoni:

but for reasons best known to Him, He seemingly won't necessarily grow back amputated limbs for reasons earlier touched

and also because of healing brain tumors, blind people et cetera are less sensational

and it wouldn't generate the great public interest and excitement like healing an amputee will do

Growing back amputated limbs will be the norm once the grow teeth back milestone is reached.
rubbish

1 Like

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by brinell(m): 2:34am On Jan 01, 2014
Nothing is impossible for God, but we the children/servants of God need the necessary faith to make it happen. Every miracle done among men is based on our faith to release the ever present power of God. Do we have the necessary faith to move every mountain?

Growing back an amputated limb is less in might to raising the dead. That's my immediate understanding and contribution to the question.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Demainman1: 2:37am On Jan 01, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Double rubbish!!
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 01, 2014
oluafolabi:

LOL at 'The tools he has given you'.

So are you reiterating that there is a limit to the power of 'miracles' ?

Since he has apparently raised deads and made lame walk, what is a mere 'Bone and Tissue' growth?

Why do you think he doesn't plan to? He told you himself?

tools e.g
1: prosthetic limbs
2: brains
3: adapting disability to positive use etcetera

God is still working out the kinks on his miracle scam seems his brain cells have receded over the last 2 centuries otherwise why is he waiting to cure simple malaria, polio, measles, aids etc. lately his vaunted powers of xeroxing fishes have simply vanished.. he has no plans for planet earth

1 Like

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by UyiIredia(m): 11:58am On Jan 01, 2014
I recall in 'God's Generals', it was written that the preacher John G. Lake allowed doctors to vet his miracles. It is said once he asked them to place live infectious bacteria on his body and the doctors found them dead when they checked them on his skin.

If God can heal amputees He has an odd way of showing it; for even as a Christian I couldn't deny there was N evidence for this kind of miracle. The only 'evidence' I've seen was a purpoted written account of such (around the 16th century !) a Christian named Perry Marshall found.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by UyiIredia(m): 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
brinell: Nothing is impossible for God, but we the children/servants of God need the necessary faith to make it happen. Every miracle done among men is based on our faith to release the ever present power of God. Do we have the necessary faith to move every mountain?

Growing back an amputated limb is less in might to raising the dead. That's my immediate understanding and contribution to the question.

If it is less why don't pastors CONFIDENTLY pray for amputees and get results ? Apparently, the miracles we see are those sneaky kinds that disputable, many dubitable and miracles undoable eg raising old or rotten corpses (not 3 days old, a month old at least), healing amputees, healing brain dead, curing prominent bodily abnormalties etc
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
Vilicious:

rubbish

Demain_man:

Double rubbish!!

There is no satisfying you lot angry angry angry grin

By the way, it is wrong to seek only what God can do (e.g. grow back amputated limbs)

and not seek God Himself or be truly interested in Him at all

Just this bit, short, calling y'all: evil and godless people of this day, asking for a miracle as a sign

Bet y'all are part of the lot that were waiting to sprout wings before the prospect of flying in air

God has already done His bit of depositing in us, the skills and possibility of growing back amputated limbs

He is waiting on us, to activate the & that part of the brain which will trigger or kick-start growing back amputated limbs now or in a future event.

Maybe that person holding back and holding the miracle up for everyone else is YOU!
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
frosbel: Though I believe God can do anything including healing, I have not had the pleasure to experience the healing of an amputee.

Thanks Frosbel.

From my research, there is no single known case of an amputee growing limbs back.

Just wondering why God would hold back that one miracle that could be easily verifiable and even bring more 'faithless' people back to him?
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Same, it is very possible, He will n can when necessary bt that is left for Him to.

NB For the fact that we dont have any records shouldn't give the feeling that He cant. Though I have heard of people growing different parts of the body but never witness any, bt sure I have witness a whole lot other miracles too.

'' He will and can when necessary'' really threw me off here.

Does it mean that he is ignoring the prayers of thousands of amputees worldwide hoping for a miracle simply because ''he doesn't feel like it''.

I insist, how difficult can it be for a 'supernatural phenomenon ' that parted seas and even rained down food from heaven to do a simple thing like growing back tissues and bone on just a little body part?

In case the purpose of my question is lost on you, let me put it this way.

The miracles we get to hear of daily ''Blind seeing, Dead coming back to life, dumb speaking, epilepsy e.t.c '' are miracles that can be easily faked.
Some people do not even believe in them. But a limbless man growing back his limbs would be an easily verifiable miracle and could win tons of people to 'God' .

So why would he hold back on this one verifiable miracle?

I ask again, is it impossible?
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Horus(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
I know that there was a tribe in Africa that can grow back amputated limbs but I cant remember their name. Their limbs were growing back naturally after few months without doing anything. It was a natural phenomenon for them
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
oluafolabi:

Thanks Frosbel.

From my research, there is no single known case of an amputee growing limbs back.

Just wondering why God would hold back that one miracle
that could be easily verifiable

and even bring more 'faithless' people back to him?

@oluafolabi

First, God is not in the business of directly or personally growing back amputated limbs

God, like in the past, uses people

and for this case too, is going to use other people grow back amputated limbs.

You wondering why God would hold back that one miracle (i.e. grow back amputated limbs?)

Well, it is because He is abiding by His word or rules, one of which is:
Let them, man; have dominion, take dominion over the earth; dominion as in control et cetera

Growing back amputated limbs is one such miracle you wont get at the pulpit or from crusades

just as flying in the air as we do now, did not originate from the pulpit nor come from crusades, revivals or what-not

Where will the buck stop? Eh?.

Now, today, it is growing back amputated limbs

I can bet you, tomorrow it'll be about the paraplegic.

Keep on researching, we need the researches to continue for the realisation of this medical miracle

However researching in the right places, researching the right way with being right with God, is the right and better way of finding and getting answers
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by dorox(m): 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
Is it not funny that the one miracle that is difficult to fake is the same miracle that no one has witnessed?
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
BabaGnoni:

There is no satisfying you lot angry angry angry grin

By the way, it is wrong to seek only what God can do (e.g. grow back amputated limbs)

and not seek God Himself or be truly interested in Him at all

Just this bit, short, calling y'all: evil and godless people of this day, asking for a miracle as a sign

Bet y'all are part of the lot that were waiting to sprout wings before the prospect of flying in air

God has already done His bit of depositing in us, the skills and possibility of growing back amputated limbs

He is waiting on us, to activate the & that part of the brain which will trigger or kick-start growing back amputated limbs now or in a future event.

Maybe that person holding back and holding the miracle up for everyone else is YOU!
still rubbish, rubbish
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
dorox: Is it not funny that the one miracle that is difficult to fake is the same miracle that no one has witnessed?

I think you totally get where I am driving at...
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by dorox(m): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
oluafolabi:

I think you totally get where I am driving at...
Everybody gets where you are driving at, just that most of them would rather choose to ignore it because of the implication it will have on their belief i miracles and the pastors proclaiming to perform them.
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
dorox:

Everybody gets where you are driving at,

just
that most of them would rather choose to ignore it

because of the implication it will have on their belief in miracles

and the pastors proclaiming to perform them

Reiterating growing back amputated limbs is one such miracle you wont get at the pulpit or from crusades

Just as flying in the air as we do now, did not originate from the pulpit nor come from crusades, revivals or what-not

God is not in the business of directly or personally growing back amputated limbs at the pulpit
, from crusades, revivals or what-not.

Still wondering why God would hold back that one miracle (i.e. grow back amputated limbs?)

Well, it is because He is abiding by His word or rules, one of which is:
Let them, man; have dominion, take dominion over the earth; dominion as in control et cetera

Achieving this miracle and others (e.g. growing back amputated limbs, growing back any or all of the 32 adult permanent teeth et cetera) is going to be realised via people (i.e. man) in the medical field, sector or arena
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
since a contributor said that an african tribe has the natural phenomenon to grow limbs, that settles it. and just because there is no record documenting it does not mean that God has not done it or He can't do it, when He had created all from nothing at the beginning. replicating it or restoring the cosmetic standard is not gonna be harder if He Wills to do it.

from islamic perspective, even if growing back of human limbs is an common as the vegetation springing back to life in season, the disbelievers will disbelieve, still.

God sees the heart and such hidden flesh manifests itself by what man does of belief or disbelief. if angels were ascending back and forth between heaven and earth with visible ladder, those in disbelief as followers of satan will demand what they think is to solidify their disbelief, still.

is letting one generation replaces anew the old and dying to dead ones not a greater miracle than growing limb? limb is just part of a whole and the whole is being produced abundantly daily around the world.

there are some that are better of with incomplete limb set than if they were to have everything, even others with the full monty.

Allah says All Power belongs to Him to indicate regardless of displaying any or disbelievers acknowledge this fact. it is similar to Allah Praise belong to Allah, whether man praises or not. we have seen animals shedding part of itself and growing to a new whole. there is lesson for those who think.

Allah says He will recreate man, even o the specific fingertip pattern unique to the individual and most are still in doubt, but asking for growing of limbs when man are now capable to grow parts of man, based on what is allowed in the Immense creation of Allah. to you is your way, to me is my way.

1 Like

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
Horus:

I know that there was a tribe in Africa that can grow back amputated limbs but I cant remember their name.

Their limbs were growing back naturally after few months without doing anything.

It was a natural phenomenon for them

RoyPCain:

since a contributor said that an african tribe has the natural phenomenon to grow limbs,

that settles it
. . .

I will take the contributor's, with a pitch of salt

Human extremities
(e.g. limbs of the body) once amputated or removed, do not grow back, like some body organs such as the liver, parts of the eye etc does

Suffice to say, for now, transplants or prosthesis' are the only options for recovering the loss
Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by whatofyou: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Miracles are spiritual acts. They also follow physical laws of presence on every person they were acted upon. That is, be it a bad eye, a sick ear, a dead person et c., each of these members had to be present. Miracles entail faith.
In this case, faith entails a soon- to- be- amputated person refusing to give the go-ahead order for the amputation after the doctor must have affirmed the procedure as the solution to the present situation, believing that God will heal his or her diseased limb. I have seen and heard about testimonies of this one. During accidents, when the limb has been severed off the body, faith entails you joining the severed limb with the other members of the body and believing they will be one or whole again. Remember Marcus' ear and Peter's encounter. These are faith based.
Do you believe? There is nothing impossible for God, only if you believe. Believe!

Naturally, the limbs like some other specialised parts of the body are not regenerative. It is like losing a permanent tooth and praying that another one grows back in its place! But with God...

@BabaGnoni, thanks for the corrections.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? by BabaGnoni: 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
whatofyou:

Miracles are spiritual acts. They also follow physical laws of presence on every person they were acted upon.

That is, be it a bad eye, a sick ear, a dead person et c., each of these members had to be present. Miracles entails faith.

In this case, faith entails a soon- to- be- amputated person refusing to give the go-ahead order for the amputation after the doctor must have affirmed the procedure as the solution to the present situation, believing that God will heal his or her diseased limb.

I have seen and heard about testimonies of this one.

During accidents, when the limb has been severed off the body, faith entails you joining the severed limb with the other members of the body and believing they will be one or whole again.

Remember Marcus' ear and Peter encounter. These are faith based.

Do you believe? There is nothing impossible for God, only if you believe. Believe!

Naturally, the limbs like some other specialised parts of the body are not regenerative.

It is like losing a permanent tooth and praying that another one grows back in its place! But with God

Well said and the servant’s name was Malchus

Just shows that, if God was, again physically down on earth, He's got no qualms restoring or putting back a freshly cut off limb

Indeed, the time is coming, and it is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.

The Father is looking for people like that to worship him

and not the ones staging publicity stunts, playing to the gallery and seeking vain or cheap popularity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Dr. Dk. Olukoya A Fraud? / Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / How did the White get the Black to believe A White Will Fly Down To Save Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.