Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. (8421 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by aAK1(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2008
The Living faith church(A.A.K)winner chapel has asked pastors that hav stayed over seven year's to go what could be the bishop's reason? lipsrsealed
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by cgift(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2008
a.A.K:

The Living faith church(A.A.K)winner chapel has asked pastors that hav stayed over seven year's to go what could be the bishop's reason? lipsrsealed

Source??
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by aAK1(m): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2008
@cgift. I worship with the living faith church.Soo what better source do u want?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2008
So, what's the update? What reasons did the bishop give for asking the pastors to go?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2008
retirement age? Or to keep them from getting too attached to their branches and deciding to do like the former head of the church in Ghana?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2008
Lol. . . but that would only be interpreted as a prootection of human interest.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by camchupa: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2008
i am also a member of living faith church. please your source is wrong, those withot a degree were asked to go to school and acquire it then return if they are still interested. please beware of wrong info . when you here it, confirm it before spreading. i know many of the pastors who are above 7 years in service and there are still very much gallant in their calling.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by bawomolo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2008
camchupa:

i am also a member of living faith church. please your source is wrong, those withot a degree were asked to go to school and acquire it then return if they are still interested. please beware of wrong info . when you here it, confirm it before spreading. i know many of the pastors who are above 7 years in service and there are still very much gallant in their calling.

u need a degree to preach now? i thought only a calling was needed. i guess paul must have had a PHD in theology
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Emkayotis(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Poster
Did the Bishop ask you to tell us or the affected Pastors beg you to act on their behalf? Anyway if i were you, and you feel so concerned, confront the Bishop!
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Gamine(f): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2008
They are asked to go

and they open their own churches

making the Church Franchise go on
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by birdman(m): 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2008
"Church Franchise", deep
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by ow11(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2008
camchupa:

Why are Nigerians so particular about degrees and diplomas? So a pastor needs a Bachelors to preach the gospel. Little wonder we have mini pastors disturbing the sleep of undergraduates in the unviersities in the name of fellowship and morning prayers when for all we know, they are just polishing their pulpit skills.

A pastor has no business enrolling into a university just so he can preach after that. In a country like Nigeria with the massive popluation, univeristy places should be for people who will actually use the knowledge gained in the classroom to run the economy.

PS. If it is a theological degree in a 'church university' then thats fine.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by idupaul: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ ow11

what do u mean? Can u be a bank manager witout a degree? hell no

a degree should be a prerequisite for a manager(pastor) of niajas foremost franchise business(living faith)
i think the sooner we stop seeing living faith as a church the better. living faith is a profit making business, and the ceo has been clear bout that.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Gamine(f): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2008
Abi ooh.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by ow11(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2008
@idupaul

My mistake, I thought living faith CHURCH was a church. Since its a business, by all means papa should organise MBA courses for all his branch managers.

Thanks for the correction cheesy
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by shilling(f): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2008
@ poster

You've been misinformed. Not all pastor's who've been with the church for over 7 years were told to leave. Those without degrees or diplomas were told to leave. My pastor has been with the church since 1994. I support the Bishops decision 100%
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by dudubobo1: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2008
shilling:

@ poster

You've been misinformed. Not all pastor's who've been with the church for over 7 years were told to leave. Those without degrees or diplomas were told to leave. My pastor has been with the church since 1994. I support the Bishops decision 100%

Since when did God's conditionality for being a pastor become a degree or diploma? Or is there any further reason why such ones had to be sacked?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2008
Wait people:

camchupa:

i am also a member of living faith church. please your source is wrong, those withot a degree were asked to go to school and acquire it then return if they are still interested.

shilling:

You've been misinformed. Not all pastor's who've been with the church for over 7 years were told to leave. Those without degrees or diplomas were told to leave.

Em. . . something seems to be confusing us here from the report of the incrowd. Is it that

(a) they were asked to leave
           (ie, sack you and please don't dream of us again O)

(b) they were asked to leave and return
           (ie., go get the pali and then resume where you left things on pause)

or -      (c) they were asked to re-enrol after 7 years
            (ie., you don do one cycle complete - oya either go or re-register for another 7).

Okay, I'm not trying to be naughty, please forgive me. But what is the real gist here?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nimshi: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2008
Diplomas and degrees now needed to be a Pastor?

Peter was a fisherman, though

The brilliant Paul was an expert at (Jewish) Law. Luke was a the Doctor, right?

But Peter, who very much impressed Jesus, was a fisherman, no? He was a top Apostle, no?

Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
Nimshi:

He was a top Apostle, no?

Lol. . . well, the apostles did not regard anyone as "top apostle" (Galatians 2:6)
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nimshi: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Lol. . . well, the apostles did not regard anyone as "top apostle" (Galatians 2:6)

What's funnier is this: the bunch could've been up to any stuff they liked after Jesus left, including that Paul publicly dissing Peter; even Paul usually showed some respect. But while Jesus was around, the was no doubt who was the top dog. You want references?

Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
Nimshi:

You want references?

Will appreciate some. wink
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by davidylan4(m): 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2008
Nimshi:

What's funnier is this: the bunch could've been up to any stuff they liked after Jesus left, including that Paul publicly dissing Peter; even Paul usually showed some respect. But while Jesus was around, the was no doubt who was the top dog. You want references?

Really? show me. Maybe the pages are torn out of my own bible.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nimshi: 4:43am On Sep 30, 2008
My friend David, and the Pilgrim . . . Let's start from the low end.

1) You've read Matt. 10 v2, no?
The names of the twelve apostles 3 are these: first, Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew; James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John . . .

What was Matthew doing there? Arranging the names in alphabetical order, right?

Ok; may be you don't like that; so, let's get down to it:

2) Matthew 16: 17
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

May be the other guys got copies of the keys from Peter, right?

Enough for now. Let's see how you do sinking bites into those.

Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nimshi: 4:46am On Sep 30, 2008
Meanwhile, not to be distracted (afterall, the topness of Peter could be discussed in parallel with the topic of the thread):

Are Diplomas and degrees now needed to be a Pastor?

Peter was a fisherman wasn't he? And he's the guy who got the keys.

So why're the Pastors being, er, asked to leave?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by vanni(f): 5:44am On Sep 30, 2008
whoever posted this message must be a FOOL
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by osrii: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2008
pastors should be wel polished.there is nothing wrong with telling a pastor to go back to school.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by camchupa: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2008
peace be unto you all in the name of Jesus.
  i will like you to understand the structure of living faith church. but first i pray that God will open our eyes to see that talking anyhow about his children is dangerous. listen to me every preacher today has a calling and a specific message to preach. some have salvation message, some have deliverance, healing , prophetic and so on. all belong to one body- christ. you may wish to talk from today till eternity it does not change their calling. you go about what God ask you to do and forget about them. they remain blessed by God whether we like it or not. i just hope when others are talking evil about us tomorrow you will have the heart to endure.
    now back to the church structure,  the church has full time pastors and part time pastors. full time pastors are those who do no other job but preaching while part time pastors are those who engage in other jobs. part time pastors do not preach most often, they do other functions like administration, progamme scheduling, entertainment and so on. they remain permanently in one place so they know everything in the administrative set up. the full time pastors are however moved from one state or country to another. they do not stay put.   so it is the part time pastors that feed them with needed information when they are posted to new stations.
  the church only asked the part time pastors to go and acquire their  degree because they have to do the adinistrative work. they need the knowledge to do good administration.        please let us focus on our personal relationship with God and our destiny. ' a runner in a race who looks at the k-leg of his opponent and listens to comments from spectators , never wins the prize' .    let us press for our own prize. God bless you once more.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nimshi: 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2008
osrii:

pastors should be wel polished.there is nothing wrong with telling a pastor to go back to school.

Hmnn. Didn't Jesus see experts at Jewish Law before he went to fishermen??

He could've sent them back to school, y'know; and he could've made their fees show up from a thousand or more fishes. . .
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by bawomolo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2008
osrii:

one can be polished while been self-educated. abraham lincoln was a self-educated person. the church seems to be like a corporation requiring degrees 4 certain positions.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by debosky(m): 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2008
I think camchupa has given a plausible explanation, if true - I would want a properly trained person to be administering and organising my church organisation, not someone who simply has a 'calling'. Accounting, business administration and management can be taught and learned. If that is the driving force behind this, then it is a step in the right direction - making the people competent to carry out the duties assigned to them.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2008
camchupa:

the church only asked the part time pastors to go and acquire their degree because they have to do the adinistrative work. they need the knowledge to do good administration.

Okay, that's the point that needed clarification. I guess it was not as alleged - that pastors were "asked to go". The part-time pastors could still attend to their calling while pursuing their qualifications, so I don't see how that should be take to mean theyr were asked to go.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome / For Atheist: Come And Tell Us How Man Came Into Existence / Why Do Evil People Live Longer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.