Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. (8430 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Nimshi: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2008
Oh, so, a spiritually qualified man, annointed of God and blessed by God for His people could be slightly disqualified by the inability to execut administrative duties? How can a Spirit-led ministry justify this?
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by affee(f): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2008
@nimshi

na wetin now?

please, please get wisdom, it is profitable, very profitable
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by AKO1(m): 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2008
Guys apparently,

Luke was a Doctor, an educated Doctor

But Peter and John had little or no education.

All three of them were disciples of Jesus

and He never assessed or judged or condemned them by their educational qualifications.

So I think that sitting there and drawing conclusions

on either sides of the argument

is not the wisest thing to do.

Personally, I think a degree is an added advantage for a Pastor.

It is not against the will of God for anybody to be educated, Pastor or no Pastor.

And come to think of it, I know a lot of people are against tithing, 'illegal' offerings, donations and seeds. So if the Pastors are not supposed to put food on the table by these unjust means, wouldn't it be better if they had something else doing, something that would require a degree?? Just a second thought.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by pilgrim1(f): 11:54pm On Oct 16, 2008
A_K_O:

So if the Pastors are not supposed to put food on the table by these unjust means, wouldn't it be better if they had something else doing, something that would require a degree??

That's a very important point to consider. I believe that ministers of the Gospel should also endeavour to apply themselves with the relevance of the times they live in.
Re: Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. by Okijajuju1(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2008
@ All

Let's reason like business men.
Living faith group is trying to have an image make-over and improve on their public relations.
Their franchise would be more appealing to their target costumers (the rich and powerful), if they have an educated man at the helm of affairs at their branch offices.
Imagine a school cert. holder trying to convince a Bsc./HND/Msc./Phd/politician to part with their hard earned money. I mean its a tall order. But imagine a pastor with a degree in human psychology pastoring a church, the GCI (Gross Collection Income) would be way higher.
I cant blame the man. He has a very good business sense.
Its like he is repackaging his pastors (From celtel to Zain). If he succeeds, he is sure going to be the trading in his Gulfstream IV (G4) luxury jet for the boeing A380 airbus in under a year.
If only Jesus had thought about the business angle of his mission on earth and got educated disciples, he would have ridden into Jerusalem in a Maybach and not a freaking donkey/ass.

Kudos to Oyedepo, lets see if he'll grant them scholarships at Convenant University (And expel them for havng mobile phones and all other bullshit that applies in his school).

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Importance Of Holiness / Why Do Evil People Live Longer? / "Why Evangelicals Should Stop Evangelizing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.