Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Forex Trading - Season 14 - Business (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 14 (315785 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (230) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
latestsunny:

Welcome to the world of "No stoploss". I'm one of the preacher of no stoploss on this forum sometimes ago, you can see how difficult it Is to explain to others. The first step toward "no stoploss" Is conquering FEAR. I have been trading without setting stoploss but PSYCHOLOGICAL STOP. That doesn't mean we don't lose but we have learnt to be more discipline in following our exit rule.

Once again, welcome maam

Thanks man. Like I said before, an open mind is a great thing wink byebye to sl trading o grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by honeric01(m): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe:

It's all in the mind darling, besides, not having a stop means you reduce your stake appropriately.

hmmm
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe: BTW, one what platform is spread on gold 60 pips unless you are referring to digit brokers?
newbies sees 1320.20 vs 1320.80 as 60 pips spread but It can be interpreted as 6 pips spread.
my broker quote it as 1320.20 vs 1320.30 (1pip) xm can charge u dat price. forextime 4.5 (40.5 pips) i intentionally type dat for d newbies sake. btw what do i know? nothin. cheers
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxsly: 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
gold just spoilt my market today.

now stalking oil for a possible buy.

natruetalk and wilscof is EU now ready for a long?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
currentprice:

talk less may be some one like me will reason with you... there are senses on some of you post but your history will continue blinding the reader.
thanks boss i will really try dis time may be take a break for like 3 or 6 months to calm down
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by natruetalk: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
fxsly: gold just spoilt my market today.

currently playing with gold bro

i will only look @ Eu @ d pointed zone. no rushing plenty of fish to catch
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by onlineresource: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe: Onlineresource, where are to back me up?

Aunty Mi, Am here...

Well even though i always tell people to always use stop loss... coming out to tell them not to use stop loss again is simply
telling them to go and just crash their account due to certain things they might not understand so i simply kept quiet with it

i didnt want to really tell anyone about this until after a few months of doing this before coming out to say it but because of
naijababe... i will have to drop my thought on this issue... smiley smiley smiley

NOTE: i have never taken a trade without me using stoploss for over 2 years since i started trading online to tell you that am an avid user of
stops when trading...

well at first i frown at people who dont use stop loss AND STILL FROWN AT THEM but due to my personal trading experience with using stops especially in recent months whereby trades keeps hitting my stop and reversing at just at that point and also watching my account balance go down bit by bit...

trust me you might be saying that losing 2% is no big deal... then try seeing a 20-30% drawdown on your account then you will know that there is poo going on without you knowing...

Now from personal experience even before i decided to remove stops from my trade... that does not mean that i just take trades anyhow just because price is going up or down... i still take trades based on my strategy and analysis but because of my experience of what i know of what not using stop can do when it really goes against you... i simply reduced my usual lot size, still use my trading system and place my trades and have a mental stop of area i know that when broken then it means that the trade wont work out and simply close my trade... THATS ALL...

NOTE: I analyse more than 17 currencies/commodity every weekend as majority of my earnings is from fx that i use to take care of my small self... smiley

now you ma ask, what has been the result...
this decision was taken around 1 and a half months ago and so far right now, i have been able to increase my profit by 30-35% bringing the capital back and also running on profit as am talking right now...

Do i have losing trades...?

Yes i do but rarely because i deal more in the higher timeframe, looking at the bigger picture to take my trade... then running down to the 4hr, 1hr to get my entry and simply let the trade run...

How long do i hold my trades...

i hold my trades for days, even up to 4 days before i close it mostly on profit...

How then do you trade with commodity knowing that the crazy movement can kill your account...
Well, majority of my trades has been on currencies on major accounts which makes most of the money for me and as for commodity
knowing the crazy, i simply slash my lot size by 3 (the fear of gold spike is the beginning of wisdom) grin grin grin... and place my trades on it using an alert system on my laptop to tell me
if price has reached my mental stop that i have set thereby telling me to watch the trade closely and close it...

Now because of this... i had no choice than to reduce my lot size drastically because for this to work and also help grow my account, i have to be taking multiple trades... leave trades running on negatives, close the ones that are doing very well when they reach area of rejection thereby increasing my equity which is the main thing... while those that are on negative mostly still
go in my way... thereby making me more profit... thereby making me more happy than sad...

Now am not expecting you all to agree to this...
heck i dont even want you to apply the rule of no stop loss in you trading... cos when it goes against you especially when you dont know what you are doing... then you are in poo an you start saying that someone told you not to use stop loss... smiley smiley smiley

To end it... I STILL USE STOP LOSS, BUT I DONT MANUALLY PUT IT ON MY SYSTEM... MY STOPS ARE ALL IN ALERT FORM...

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe:
hahahahaha! Not using sl is not the same as not having a mental sl. I set an alert to have texts sent to my phone if certain levels are breached, that way I will manually close the market go against my analysis as opposed to having brokers chop my money. Also, not setting sl does wonders for MM as well in my experience at least.
One day at a time sweetheart, I was one of the most vocal critics of not using sl but I guess I am lucky in the sense that I always keep an open mind wink

onlineresource:

Aunty Mi, Am here...

Well even though i always tell people to always use stop loss... coming out to tell them not to use stop loss again is simply
telling them to go and just crash their account due to certain things they might not understand so i simply kept quiet with it

i didnt want to really tell anyone about this until after a few months of doing this before coming out to say it but because of
naijababe... i will have to drop my thought on this issue... smiley smiley smiley

NOTE: i have never taken a trade without me using stoploss for over 2 years since i started trading online to tell you that am an avid user of
stops when trading...

well at first i frown at people who dont use stop loss AND STILL FROWN AT THEM but due to my personal trading experience with using stops especially in recent months whereby trades keeps hitting my stop and reversing at just at that point and also watching my account balance go down bit by bit...

trust me you might be saying that losing 2% is no big deal... then try seeing a 20-30% drawdown on your account then you will know that there is poo going on without you knowing...

Now from personal experience even before i decided to remove stops from my trade... that does not mean that i just take trades anyhow just because price is going up or down... i still take trades based on my strategy and analysis but because of my experience of what i know of what not using stop can do when it really goes against you... i simply reduced my usual lot size, still use my trading system and place my trades and have a mental stop of area i know that when broken then it means that the trade wont work out and simply close my trade... THATS ALL...

NOTE: I analyse more than 17 currencies/commodity every weekend as majority of my earnings is from fx that i use to take care of my small self... smiley

now you ma ask, what has been the result...
this decision was taken around 1 and a half months ago and so far right now, i have been able to increase my profit by 30-35% bringing the capital back and also running on profit as am talking right now...

Do i have losing trades...?

Yes i do but rarely because i deal more in the higher timeframe, looking at the bigger picture to take my trade... then running down to the 4hr, 1hr to get my entry and simply let the trade run...

How long do i hold my trades...

i hold my trades for days, even up to 4 days before i close it mostly on profit...

How then do you trade with commodity knowing that the crazy movement can kill your account...
Well, majority of my trades has been on currencies on major accounts which makes most of the money for me and as for commodity
knowing the crazy, i simply slash my lot size by 3 (the fear of gold spike is the beginning of wisdom) grin grin grin... and place my trades on it using an alert system on my laptop to tell me
if price has reached my mental stop that i have set thereby telling me to watch the trade closely and close it...

Now because of this... i had no choice than to reduce my lot size drastically because for this to work and also help grow my account, i have to be taking multiple trades... leave trades running on negatives, close the ones that are doing very well when they reach area of rejection thereby increasing my equity which is the main thing... while those that are on negative mostly still
go in my way... thereby making me more profit... thereby making me more happy than sad...

Now am not expecting you all to agree to this...
heck i dont even want you to apply the rule of no stop loss in you trading... cos when it goes against you especially when you dont know what you are doing... then you are in poo an you start saying that someone told you not to use stop loss... smiley smiley smiley

To end it... I STILL USE STOP LOSS, BUT I DONT MANUALLY PUT IT ON MY SYSTEM... MY STOPS ARE ALL IN ALERT FORM...

QED!!!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by raycolz84: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
Shevychen2:

You must think we are all jobless children that hide behind keyboards forming what they are not while looking for who to defraud. Why must it be only handles with very few posts that defend you? Oh we caught your female handle and you created a male one. grin grin

Keep deceiving yourself bro. Like I said its none of my business. I will only reply if you quote me again. You are a catfish. Simple.

I almost wanted to say very soon we would see a new handle that would surface out of the blues... Lol
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by currentprice: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
onlineresource:

also it will look like the thread is a playing/confusing land

unilever grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by honeric01(m): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Alert...

If you are not a big boy, pls stick to using Sl if you want to survive this market.. make sure you have your physical Sl on every trade.

if you have the capital to weather any DD, then you can afford to use mental Sl..

Do not do follow follow o, naijababe and onlineresource account balance nobi the same with your balance o..

I no wan hear say na naijababe and onlineresource say make una no use physical stoploss o

Eod!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by onlineresource: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
currentprice:

also it will look like the thread is a playing/confusing land

unilever grin grin grin grin grin grin

smiley grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Birikiti: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gold is definitely in the season of 50 pips profits per trade else the thing go reverse chop you seriously!

I have been contemplating this mental SL thing for long o but my liver never reach. It really soounds plausible at least ward of SL hunting for shylock brokers but ......

I siddon for corner still dey look o
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01: Alert...

If you are not a big boy, pls stick to using Sl if you want to survive this market.. make sure you have your physical Sl on every trade.

if you have the capital to weather any DD, then you can afford to use mental Sl..

Do not do follow follow o, naijababe and onlineresource account balance nobi the same with your balance o..

I no wan hear say na naijababe and onlineresource say make una no use physical stoploss o

Eod!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Nucca wants to kill a babe o
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by honeric01(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Nucca wants to kill a babe o

Saving your asszz o.. you know we have some people who are good at blaming others for the decisions they took on their own cheesy
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01:

Saving your asszz o.. you know we have some people who are good at blaming others for the decisions they took on their own cheesy

True dat grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Aloaye001: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
latestsunny:

Welcome to the world of "No stoploss". I'm one of the preacher of no stoploss on this forum sometimes ago, you can see how difficult it Is to explain to others. The first step toward "no stoploss" Is conquering FEAR. I have been trading without setting stoploss but PSYCHOLOGICAL STOP. That doesn't mean we don't lose but we have learnt to be more discipline in following our exit rule.

Once again, welcome maam

tell dem boss

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by mez(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Stop loss or no stop loss depends on the trader o!
Using stop loss dey do me like say I wear two left legs.
But it's good to apply it if your setup isn't one you're too sure of. Just make sure your lot size is not enormous.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by mez(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
ollybode: pls i hope u could be of help to me on pa sir, if u could help with ebook and any other stuff will be appreciative.thanks

Google any of NickB, Chris Capre or Nial Fuller. If you have more time, check out also, Johnathon Fox and James16.
You'll have your head full of price action.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by iffydave: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe:

Please go and try stand up comedy grin

Abi E-comedy grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by mez(m): 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
tom29reloaded:
...the first winner goes home with 100$ after wasting much time/resources am not even sure of outcome...

I understand, bro. While not supporting or castigating any party, I'll like to ask if you own an android device? If you do, you'll need much less resources to trade.

If you're going to trade a demo account, why not trade one with the potential of winning a price?
The way I see it, mobile MT4 uses less data than web browsers on phone. I may be wrong.

It's not rocket science, I won $20 from liteforex last week and they credited my account today. I was also once on the 6th position in the contest but didn't follow it through to the end and eventually got knocked out of the contest.
I am a newbie with approximately 6 months of trading experience and I believe you'll perform better.

To finish with a story from the Bible (I know you like the Bible) remember Naaman and Elisha. Until he did the seemingly stupid task (bathing in the pond) he remained the way he was, a leper.
You're not Naaman, and I'm not suggesting you'll remain as you are. But if you're going to be online on your phone (assuming it's android), you can as well kill two birds with a stone.

I feel your pain bro, and I wish you the best.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by orpeeh: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
mez:

I understand, bro. While not supporting or castigating any party, I'll like to ask if you own an android device? If you do, you'll need much less resources to trade.

If you're going to trade a demo account, why not trade one with the potential of winning a price?
The way I see it, mobile MT4 uses less data than web browsers on phone. I may be wrong.

It's not rocket science, I won $20 from liteforex last week and they credited my account today. I was also once on the 6th position in the contest but didn't follow it through to the end and eventually got knocked out of the contest.
I am a newbie with approximately 6 months of trading experience and I believe you'll perform better.

To finish with a story from the Bible (I know you like the Bible) remember Naaman and Elisha. Until he did the seemingly stupid task (bathing in the pond) he remained the way he was, a leper.
You're not Naaman, and I'm not suggesting you'll remain as you are. But if you're going to be online on your phone (assuming it's android), you can as well kill two birds with a stone.

I feel your pain bro, and I wish you the best.
10000 likes
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by willscolf: 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
fxsly: gold just spoilt my market today.

EU is currently sitting on a key demand level at 1.3480,so u cud watch out 4 bullish reversal price action setup on d daily chart, but if it breaks it,i suggest u stay aside
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mez i saw ur posts above very inspiring indeed. like seriously i need to stop replying every post here or better still stop totally. is causing my stress level to rise. so help me Lord.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by ollybode(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
willscolf: i suck wen it coms 2 teaching,perhaps i can work on dat.however go 2 google, dia r many sites u can read abt price action,focusing mainly on support nd resistance levels whch is d core of trading,u may wanna start frm forexschoolonline.com nd trust me u'll b glad u did ....viva 2 u dear.
thanks bro , I have visited the site and am in love with the stuff am reading there.thumb up
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
So many food for thought but little on the table. Keep learning and keep an open mind like naijababe said.

Do u know that up till this very minute...certain category of ppl r yet to believe that some ppl r actually making money from trading in d fx market.

But take note shd in case u dont know...one of my mentor has never trade a demo acct in her life, i mean her life and she never uses sl but mental sl and she has been super successful trading just only GBPJPY for many years now.
So mates...use what suits ur personality n dont forget keep learnin m keep an open mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Like seven years ago...i used to believe dat dz market is controlled by unknown forces but for d past two years...it has been different views...and dats y i keep learning too.

I strongly believe that this market can be analysed correctly up to 99% accuracy but d human in us wont allow most of us to get such result...do we now need to conclude dat since we r not able to then it means others cant?

I strongly share the view dat some people have attained such a level of understanding of dz market to d extent dat they no longer make losses...d losses u and i are still recording are good signs that we are still far from the destination and d very reason we must keep learning
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
My point again...keep learning and v an open mind and u will get to see better.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Hunkyimage(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijababe: Infofirst, I want to sincerely thank you for your insightful posts on not using stop losses. I started doing the same a few weeks back and that gold move is just a testament that using sl is just another way to scam the small guy.

Glad to hear this from a personality lyk u..

I keep saying it,lotz of info that are being spread online are from broker's

I've opened a demo account b4 and took 3 hot trades(Martingale style) b4 news came out and it went the opposite way and i almost lost it all... i neglected it and opened another demo and continued testing out a strategy, after about 2days, i decided to check what had happened to d account ....to my utmost surprise it had quadrupled(400% !) i was lyk.... idk
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by currentprice: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by ollybode(m): 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
mez:

Google any of NickB, Chris Capre or Nial Fuller. If you have more time, check out also, Johnathon Fox and James16.
You'll have your head full of price action.
thank you sir, going back to research room.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by willscolf: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
ollybode: thanks bro , I have visited the site and am in love with the stuff am reading there.thumb up
dats a gud 1 kip it up

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (230)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.