Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Forex Trading - Season 14 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 14 (315759 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (230) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Sunnycliff(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
Feargod james: Thanks alot @sunnycliff and forexprophet rili appreciate u guyz. but 1 of my problem is gettin a gud trainer who is also a trader here in port harcourt because all i've met here are just sermina organizers and not traders i want to learn it from sum1 who is livin on trading...Thanks

I would have offered to help but I stay between Enugu and Owerri. So. I am available on call
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
any ilorin based trader shuld pls signnify.......................am based here in ilorin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by elewedu(m): 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
happy new year to everyone. As usual i will continue to give my best to every endeavor i lay my hands on, and cross my fingers to see the good tidings God will pour forth. Wishing everyone a fruitful year ahead
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by AmeLonRo(m): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ilorin here.

Oluwababy: any ilorin based trader shuld pls signnify.......................am based here in ilorin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Kirinwa: 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
Thought brokers should have opened by now.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by meshpips(m): 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year guys!
Its a new year, a fresh slate stands before you.
You can write ANYTHING on that slate.
Take the year as a 365 page book.
Will yours be a best seller?
Would it afford the reader an opportunity to drop it and go find a better read?
The choice is yours!
YOU can make your way prosperous.
The choice to succeed is yours to make and live by.
Make up your mind that you will not give excuses for failure this year.
Brother, sister, you can be who you wanna be. You can achieve all your dreams if you only believe.
Be the best of you this year.
I care.
Meshach

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by latestsunny(m): 6:48am On Jan 02, 2014
Kirinwa: Thought brokers should have opened by now.

Jes wondering wat it apnin ♍Ɣ bro, cos uptill ds momemt ♍Ɣ platform Is still frozen. Pls any idea of wen d market ll b open?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 7:04am On Jan 02, 2014
#1. Pending Gu sell limit @1.6620 sl, 1.6920 tp1, 1.6420, tp2, 1.6020( i expect price to go touch 1.663x)
Plan ur trade and trade ur plan.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 7:05am On Jan 02, 2014
latestsunny:

Jes wondering wat it apnin ♍Ɣ bro, cos uptill ds momemt ♍Ɣ platform Is still frozen. Pls any idea of wen d market ll b open?

Some opened since 11pm yesternyt, some will open by 8am today and some by 11pm todae
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by rozayx5(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2014
infofirst:

Some opened since 11pm yesternyt, some will open by 8am today and some by 11pm todae

been waiting also to see the gaps if there will be any
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 7:20am On Jan 02, 2014
rozayx5:

been waiting also to see the gaps if there will be any

Sure, after all, prices never stop moving tru out d year, just d brokers dat close and open,
Gu @ 1.659x/66xx region now,
Gold @1225.xx
eu @1.375x ...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2014
liteforex is already open.

forextime is yet to open!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by latestsunny(m): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2014
infofirst:

Thanks for d info ♍Ɣ bro, still waiting for forextime to open. Mayb by 8am sha
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Kirinwa: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2014
infofirst:

Please I have a very crucial question.When brokers eventually open,will they close positions that hit stoploss when they were frozen irrespective of it is currently in profits?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2014
Kirinwa:

Please I have a very crucial question.When brokers eventually open,will they close positions that hit stoploss when they were frozen irrespective of it is currently in profits?

They wont and it is the present state of the position that will prevail, and if your trade is well above your tp, then thats a bonus for you and if it is in deeper stop loss, more loss.

For instance... i opened eu sell at 1.3800 tp, 1.3400 sl 1.3900 if eu move to 1.3930 when broker was closed and then by d tym broker open, if eu is already at 1.3500, my sl will not hit but i will be in profit at 1.35xx

If i had placed my tp at 1.3600 and mkt open and price is at 1.3500 then my trade will close at 1.3500 and that will be extra profits
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by meshpips(m): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2014
Kirinwa:

No sir!
They will close the positions at the PRESENT price as at their terminal market open time.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 8:09am On Jan 02, 2014
bro pls I have this question...

between fixed and variable spread, which one is the best and pls give examples if you can. thank you!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2014
latestsunny:

Thanks for d info ♍Ɣ bro, still waiting for forextime to open. Mayb by 8am sha
forextime is open
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by 2sexyus: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2014
I still need a trader in Benin City o.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Sunnycliff(m): 8:23am On Jan 02, 2014
My brokers instaforex opened by 8am. And I made some overnight pips
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2014
fxbomovi: bro pls I have this question...

between fixed and variable spread, which one is the best and pls give examples if you can. thank you!

“fixed” spread, which means that the spread will remain the same no matter what. The other is a “variable” spread as determined by the marketplace. This can rise or fall depending on what the best bid and offer prices are at the time.

With a fixed spread, the broker guarantees that the spread will always remain the same. This helps the trader plan their trading costs more effectively as they already know how much the bid and offer prices will differ when they place a trade. The spreads will remain the same, even when news announcements are happening, which are a time of extreme volatility.

Variable Spreads
A variable spread simply will pass long the best bid and offer prices that the broker can find for you at any given moment. However, during a market announcement the spread might widen as the amount of orders shrink in the marketplace. For example, duriing NFP,this pair could very easily have a 20 pip spread.

The difference between the two won’t matter as much to longer-term traders though. This is because a higher timeframe trader will place less trades. The spread difference is simply a concern of the shorter-term trader that isn’t aiming for hundreds of pips on every trade.

I prefer fixed but i discovered that those big brokers have variable spread and their spread do not go wide during news and the spread ranges btw 0.5 to 3 on average.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2014
infofirst:

“fixed” spread, which means that the spread will remain the same no matter what. The other is a “variable” spread as determined by the marketplace. This can rise or fall depending on what the best bid and offer prices are at the time.

With a fixed spread, the broker guarantees that the spread will always remain the same. This helps the trader plan their trading costs more effectively as they already know how much the bid and offer prices will differ when they place a trade. The spreads will remain the same, even when news announcements are happening, which are a time of extreme volatility.

Variable Spreads
A variable spread simply will pass long the best bid and offer prices that the broker can find for you at any given moment. However, during a market announcement the spread might widen as the amount of orders shrink in the marketplace. For example, duriing NFP,this pair could very easily have a 20 pip spread.

The difference between the two won’t matter as much to longer-term traders though. This is because a higher timeframe trader will place less trades. The spread difference is simply a concern of the shorter-term trader that isn’t aiming for hundreds of pips on every trade.

I prefer fixed but i discovered that those big brokers have variable spread and their spread do not go wide during news and the spread ranges btw 0.5 to 3 on average.

thank you for the explanation! is it safe to use variable spread since I trade 4hours ?

Am just concerned because the brokers can manipulate the spread for their own selfish gain!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by TheShootist(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2014
I see trading has resumed. Cheers!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by benpuzzy(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2014
Sunnycliff:

I would have offered to help but I stay between Enugu and Owerri. So. I am available on call

Guy, make u halla me on 08061651960 cos i am based in Owerri cos two good head is better than one.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by kenny1984: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year guys...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 02, 2014
@ Ame Lon Ro my contact 08038599448....
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by latestsunny(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2014
fxbomovi: forextime is open

Yea, they opend by 8am
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2014
fxbomovi: thank you for the explanation! is it safe to use variable spread since I trade 4hours ? Am just concerned because the brokers can manipulate the spread for their own selfish gain!
If ur broker is honest, u shd b fine wit dat
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by drpips1(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2014
Business / Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 13 by dr-pips: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
guys beware of some brokers ,they are really bucketshoppers,i had two trades on with eurgbp on two differnet brokers, one broker has hit tp, while the other is 28 pips behind, this is a tragedy for whoever fall for this broker as they will manipulate one porfolio till it nothing.......liteforex standard account................streaming now eurgbp .8307 while on liteforex .8325 beware guys

It seems the problem was a frozen server this gap created is not on the other brokers chart, though it took long but my acct has been audited and credited this morning, and everything is fine with Liteforex Now

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by JAkpayen(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2014
EU buy alert

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year y'all and wish u a pipful year ahead.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by saudatu(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2014
It doesn't matter how many times you fail. It doesn't matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because... All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are. - Mark Cuban. Happy new folks, wish you a great year ahead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (230)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.