Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites (4519 Views)

Top 5 Most Popular Nigerian Websites By Web Traffic / The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by kbstar(m): 2:36am On Jun 21, 2006
Unlike foreign websites, Nigerian websites still lack the facility of donation acceptance as is the case with 'PayPal Donate' used by webmasters in other countries.

Isn't it possible we begin with something, even if it through the use of ATM card?

Note that many Nigerian NGOs and individually owned websites will survive with such service available. I have received many emails from my web visitors querrying the inavailability of donations facility, considering our kind of service.

Any possible solution to this?

www.ebiraview.com would have some face-lift where donation is forthcoming. There should be a solution, somehow.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 4:27am On Jun 21, 2006
Interswitch ATM cards can be used for online payment (including donations, I presume). www.interswitch-ng.com
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by smartsoft(m): 8:28am On Jun 21, 2006
but expensive seun, you gotta pay for every transaction made, eg when checking you balance online you gotta pay a fee for that, and it expensive to start-up
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by kbstar(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2006
Interswitch has got to do something about their billings. Imagine how much they will make from Nigerian webmasters if they embark on the website donation facility at very low cost.

I hope they read this thread.

Seun, the correct url for interswitch is http://www.interswitchng.com

Cheers!
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by kheme(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2006
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2006
The sign-up cost is too high. It will be hard for your customers to pay their registration fee and still have enough left to donate. So what graphcard provides to web merchants is not appealing. Anyone using them here?
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by kheme(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2006
i have a graphcard account! and a company (www.xdavia.com) i worked with also has one!
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Afam(m): 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2006
I believe interswitch is way too expensive for those that need the service the most.

I will setup an online payment system that will work just like the regular debit card but usage will be strictly for online transactions.

I will see if I can tidy it up in 3 months. Used to have one but never deployed it for general use. Hope it will help.

I guess the type of returns or profit sought by Nigerians is too high even when the market is there to guarantee steady growth with reduced pricing structure.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2006
I guess the type of returns or profit sought by Nigerians is too high
For this to make sense, the profit sought by Nigerians must be higher than that sought by, say, Americans.

even when the market is there to guarantee steady growth with reduced pricing structure.
I do not understand this either. Did you use a technobabble generator here? cheesy
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Afam(m): 9:41am On Jul 10, 2006
Seun,

I guess the type of returns or profit sought by Nigerians is too high
For this to make sense, the profit sought by Nigerians must be higher than that sought by, say, Americans.

The key word is too in the statement, I never implied Nigerians should charge the same when compared to Americans.

even when the market is there to guarantee steady growth with reduced pricing structure.
I do not understand this either. Did you use a technobabble generator here?

Your not being able to understand the statement does not make it invalid, think harder. No, I did not use a technobabble generator.

The statement is common sense and easy to understand, maybe using words like turnover and high volume transactiosn will make sense.

Put differently, coca cola makes more money selling to more people even when the profit margin may be less than N4.00 per bottle when compared to say Toyota.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by femigb: 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2007
Why dont you try getting a netnaira seller account. It's free! Check it out http://www.netnaira.com.

1 Like

Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by rufaai(m): 2:47am On Sep 28, 2007
Netnaira.com is greate, I just joined hoping I find Online Shop or poing of purchase that accept Netnaira!

I'll make my deposit once I get a pin seller as well as when I get a place to use it,
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by smartsoft(m): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2007
i think we should have a merchant website in nigeria that helps us collects payment from outside of nigeria when customers trys to pay with credit card, the merchant should helps us collect that and process it and dumo the money into our bank account.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by tosinorogu(m): 6:27am On Oct 02, 2007
Hello,

Accepting donations online is easy. Even from foreign countries. e-transact can process that for you. alternatively, if you have a bank account in the UK or US, you can use paypal and have them transfer money to your bank account from time to time. Once the money is in your bank account, you can access it from Nigeria through the ATM. I use Paypal with my UK Bank Account, and it works fine. One other thing you might wish to do though is to have several options, like if you are paying from Nigeria, click here, international click here.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by idea(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
THERE'S ANOTHER SWTICHING COMPANY IN NAIJA THAT ACTUALLY DOES THE SAME AS INTERSWITCH AND @ VERY AFFORDABLE RATES. THERE SIGN UP FEE IS A BIT LOWER THAN INTERSWITCH AND TRANSACTION FEES ARE ALSO LOWER. THESE ARE ALSO NEGOTIABLE.
THE NAME OF THE COMPANY IS ETRANZACT. YOU CAN BROWSE THEIR WEBSITE WWW.ETRANZACT.COM
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by tosinorogu(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2007
Hello Idea,

That's absolutely right. I did mentioned e-tranzact in my previous post, and I think there fees are a little lower than Interswitch. But all the same, I believe it's fraud to charge any merchant fees at all. All over the world, setting up a merchant account with a payment gateway is a free deal, since you are still required to pay a transaction fee as a percentage to the company. I think the earlier we get more competetion in Nigeria, the better for us all. The other funny bit is that Interswitch for instance will not let e-tranzact process transaction on cards issues (or powered) by Interswitch. This is really backward. I like e-tranzact, the guys are really smart, the problem I think they had was poor market analysis, otherwise they should be rulling the market now, because they have been around for ages, but was known as Cybase. Cybase is a huge global company,

I hope we get more players in the market, this will make it easier for us all take proper advantage of the solutions we build.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by georgen2u(m): 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2007
comming live on our site but we still need work so all nigerians must be active
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by vickoy23: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2007
deleted post
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2008
If you want to accept donations on your website, try Netnaira dot com. I hear they are allowing free merchant integration now. It is ideal for donations and they are coming up with a big plot.
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by aphoe(m): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2008
Interswitch ATM cards can be used for online payment (including donations, I presume). www.interswitch-ng.com

beware! interswitch website is www.interswitchng.com. Dont make that fatal mistake
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by OmniPotens(m): 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2008
We just cannot stay here and keep recounting websites which we fully understand don't offer the convenience we want with our demanded product. Even at this point, if you raise the question of how many websites can now receive donations you will find out that even those listing out websites that offer such, excluding International gateways like paypal, etc are not. You know what, who has started receiving donations from his/her website? I will like to view your site.

The only solution just as Afam has kind of pointed out is creating an Application that can do this conveniently without long protocols. This is simply the solution. Just as Interswitch and e-transact are drilling pockets, good programmers in the house can take up this project, code it up and deliver, thereby solving the problem of millions of Entrepreneurs out there. But pricing should not mal your efforts, please.

I don't think recounting what I call "failed successes" is the better option. Yes we offer this and that but virtually no one is ready to use because of high rates. Don't you think your vision was dead right from when you thought about setting your high price tag?

@webmasters
It is high time we started looking into Application developments because this will surely aid in providing solutions to most of our online even offline activities.

To the peace of your hearts

Cheers!
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
Please is there no update on this issue yet?
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by realmidejohnson(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
Who else seeing this in 2018 smiley ??

Online payments are a lot easier with services like PayStack now smiley
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
realmidejohnson:
Who else seeing this in 2018 smiley ??

Online payments are a lot easier with services like PayStack now smiley

The more reason you should have updated the post.
I come dey get headache upandan
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Greenleafstore(m): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2019
Checkout https://naijadonors.com, is that what you're looking for?
Re: Accepting Donations On Nigerian Websites by Solacemk: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
How about paystack?

(1) (Reply)

Is SCAM Or Real???? / Nigerian Blogs Directory / 4 Best Mobile Advertising Networks For Nigerian Publishers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.