Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? (1377 Views)

Flooded Obiwali Road, Rumuigbo, Port-Harcourt (Video) / What Are The Dangers Of Buying A Flooded Car? / How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by cuteboy2: 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
I see lots of flooded cars listed in Copart and Auction Export site, but it attracts scant attention compared to heavily accidented vehicles.

My egbons and experts in the house, please kindly share your expert opinion and experience with buying, fixing and selling flooded cars in Nigeria.
Can our road side mechanics and large garages rehabilitate these vehicles, especially the famed fear of damage to electrical and electronic components?

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by uboma(m): 5:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
It depends on the extent of damage from the flood and the expertise of your mechanic.
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by sholatech(m): 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
Naija dealers will always tell you it's a good buy. I fell into the trap of one and so from personal experience, please stay off the flooded cars. Dealer had persuaded me that he had bought so many and the cars will start once in Nigeria and need very minimal repairs.

He ordered mine and for 3-months after arrival into Nigeria, we've changed virtually all parts of the car. Only the body was good. While waiting, I decided to order same car clean title which I now drive without any issue. Cost comparison, the clean title car is now cheaper than the so-called fixed flooded car which still gives issues especially electrical components
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by cuteboy2: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
sholatech: Naija dealers will always tell you it's a good buy. I fell into the trap of one and so from personal experience, please stay off the flooded cars. Dealer had persuaded me that he had bought so many and the cars will start once in Nigeria and need very minimal repairs.

He ordered mine and for 3-months after arrival into Nigeria, we've changed virtually all parts of the car. Only the body was good. While waiting, I decided to order same car clean title which I now drive without any issue. Cost comparison, the clean title car is now cheaper than the so-called fixed flooded car which still gives issues especially electrical components

Wao!!! Thanks @sholatech for sharing. Real eye opener shocked shocked
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by luvinhubby(m): 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
Don`t touch it even with a long pole.
Their issues are endless, even if you get the car running, you will keep having to repair or replace one part after the order even the replaced parts can even be replaced, especially the electrical components.
It`s an unwise choice.
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by kolaaderin: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2014
Flooding is the worst that can happen to a car, buying a flooded car is like buying the empty shell, virtually everything will need a replacement. dont even try it with a pole. its a nooo nooo nooo. i will recommend accidental cars to flooded. most accidental cars are mechanically and electrically sound all u need to do is find one with minor impact, may be fender or just bumper damage and be sure of no chases damage, its surely repairable. flooded, my brother Run dont dare it.
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by cuteboy2: 2:04am On Jan 04, 2014
luvinhubby: Don`t touch it even with a long pole.
Their issues are endless, even if you get the car running, you will keep having to repair or replace one part after the order even the replaced parts can even be replaced, especially the electrical components.
It`s an unwise choice.

Thanks my broda
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by cuteboy2: 2:08am On Jan 04, 2014
kolaaderin: Flooding is the worst that can happen to a car, buying a flooded car is like buying the empty shell, virtually everything will need a replacement. dont even try it with a pole. its a nooo nooo nooo. i will recommend accidental cars to flooded. most accidental cars are mechanically and electrically sound all u need to do is find one with minor impact, may be fender or just bumper damage and be sure of no chases damage, its surely repairable. flooded, my brother Run dont dare it.

Thanks @koladerin. I Don pick race already. U hv saved me from big wahala.
Re: Flooded Cars - Are They Redeemable? What Is Your Experience? by ivoryhouse(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
I bought one last year and the flood level was just above the gear. We chanfe all electrical components; modules, harnesses, etc. The engine was not affected and the body had no issues. Its taking about 6months now and we have spent a lot on the car. Fortunately, we got it really cheap and if we decide to sell it we'd still make money.
My advise, buy if its low level flood, gear and below, try and avoid cars with loads of electronics as they'll cost more to fix. If you don't have a competent car shop, please stay away.

(1) (Reply)

Car Import Duty Cost / Is This A Right Car To Buy Now As A Beginner? / What Are Signs Of Adirty Fuel Filter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.