Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria (1570 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by bashorundon(m): 6:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
The 2013 Best Companies to Work rankings include 50 multinationals, 45 majorly Nigerian companies and 12 government agencies.

METHODOLOGY
To find the companies that were the best places to work,
conducted more than 10,000 surveys of employees in Nigeria. Over 5000 companies were submitted by 10,482 respondents (experienced, entry level and exec management). 89%tof those who filled the survey were gainfully employed. Only companies with at least 100 full-time permanent employees were considered. http://www.jarushub.com/shell-tops-jobbermans-list-of-100-best-companies-in-nigeria/#comments

1 Like

Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by samdson: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
Impressive stuff!
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by bashorundon(m): 2:11am On Jan 02, 2014
True. However, we still need people to confirm its realness. Did Jobberman get it right or not? Go read and comment on the link pasted above.
samdson: Impressive stuff!
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 6:47am On Jan 02, 2014
jobberman nd der fake jobs
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by bashorundon(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2014
ednut1: jobberman nd der fake jobs
This isn't about jobs though. LOL.
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Konnektions146(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2014
hmmmmmm....was that list in order of what? best on top or haphazardly placed?

I could see some 70k graduate pay companies above some good paying companies.

I know Jarus knows better than this but probably wouldn't wanna discredit jobberman.

I am not saying the list is bad but a lot of job need to be done. imagine shell above Total and Mobil...Arik before Seplat..this must be a joke
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by bashorundon(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2014
Konnektions146: hmmmmmm....was that list in order of what? best on top or haphazardly placed?

I know Jarus knows better than this but probably wouldn't wanna discredit jobberman.

I am not saying the list is bad but a lot of job need to be done. imagine shell above Total and Mobil...Arik before Seplat..this must be a joke
Did you check the methodology employed?
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
Konnektions146: hmmmmmm....was that list in order of what? best on top or haphazardly placed?

Jobberman never said Shell is the highest paying. Salary was just one of the factors used. The major issue is, people out there (Nigerians in general, from which the survey space was drawn) wrongly perceive Shell as the highest paying IOC. They are however the best, or one of the best, in terms of training and development, but far from being the highest paying. In fact, they may be the lowest paying IOC. However, people who are not in the industry (who formed the majority of the survey sample) think Shell pays most. Not taking anything away from Shell though.

1 Like

Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Konnektions146(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jarus:

Jobberman never said Shell is the highest paying. Salary was just one of the factors used. The major issue is, people out there (Nigerians in general, from which the survey space was drawn) wrongly perceive Shell as the highest paying IOC. They are however the best, or one of the best, in terms of training and development, but far from being the highest paying. In fact, they may be the lowest paying IOC. However, people who are not in the industry (who formed the majority of the survey sample) think Shell pays most. Not taking anything away from Shell though.

thanks Boss.
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Konnektions146:

thanks Boss.

Remember however that it's not by pay alone. the fact that Shell is not the highest may not mean it cannot be the best company to work for in Nigeria. Other factors in their favour can trump pay and rank them first.
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by dancruz(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
I completely disagree with this ranking..........
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by bashorundon(m): 4:06am On Jan 03, 2014
dancruz: I completely disagree with this ranking..........
Why?
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by texasbreed: 5:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Now u are talking.,..conduct a list then of the high paying oil coys...
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Konnektions146(m): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Jarus:

Remember however that it's not by pay alone. the fact that Shell is not the highest may not mean it cannot be the best company to work for in Nigeria. Other factors in their favour can trump pay and rank them first.
yes I totally understand,
now with respect to T&grin, SPDC is good, career growth and all that but they re amongst the least with pay amongst dey IOcs.
I have some knowledge on how oil & gas industry in Nigeria works and as such my objection initially.

Moreso, there are companies on that list that ought not to be there, training and develelopment is almost non-existence an the pay is just appalling.
as well when conducting such survey, I think its better to speak to employers in the specific industry and not just anyone who thinks these guys are good.

this is a very cumbersome kinda survey that core HR professionals like Jarus should make inputs and not a layman
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
Konnektions146:
yes I totally understand,
now with respect to T&grin, SPDC is good, career growth and all that but they re amongst the least with pay amongst dey IOcs.
I have some knowledge on how oil & gas industry in Nigeria works and as such my objection initially.

Moreso, there are companies on that list that ought not to be there, training and develelopment is almost non-existence an the pay is just appalling.
as well when conducting such survey, I think its better to speak to employers in the specific industry and not just anyone who thinks these guys are good.

this is a very cumbersome kinda survey that core HR professionals like Jarus should make inputs and not a layman

Yes, the response to survey was driven more by perception than reality.
Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 04, 2014
With due respect to the time and effort put into that survey, the results does not in anyway reflect the true position of things.

Imagine PHCN in the top 100. I don't really see what any Civil service sector is doing there, apart from maybe a few. anyways who am I to judge, Nigerians will choose highest paying job any day over other factors. maybe they should rather do a survey on job satisfaction, and from there do a proper rating of best places to work for. The survey should be focused more on the lower cadre, and maybe a few execs, just to get some management insight.

Good job by Jobberman for trying to get statistical backing to their review, but it is misleading.

1 Like

Re: Shell Tops Jobberman’s List Of 100 Best Companies In Nigeria by jodeci(m): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Titan Consulting Recruitment!!!......2013/2014 Graduates Needed! / Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? / Urgent Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.