Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" (742 Views)

Boy Soldier- Tales From The War / Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) / Ishmael Beah: Former Sierra Leonean Boy Soldier: A Long Way Gone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by MrKnowitall: 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
This is one of the best book I've ever read. I read the first page and could not put it down till i finished it. has anyone here read it too?

Re: Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by basisop(m): 5:52am On Jan 02, 2014
Where can I get one? Loving the book already.
Re: Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Thank God for Mrknowitall's life. So you can create a thread that is not targeted at destroying Nigerias Image or actively encouraging nigerians to get on the plane and leave Nigeria with or without Visa.

Thank Allah for a new year.
Thank Allah for a beautiful you.

@topic. No i haven't read it. I'll love to though.
Re: Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by MrKnowitall: 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
basisop: Where can I get one? Loving the book already.

I guess it depends on where you live, if you live in Nigeria maybe one of those Nigerian online shopping site might have it. You can even try a bookstore. If you are in a place like the U.S or something Amazon is the way to go. The book is very good, I just couldn't put it down.
Re: Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by MrKnowitall: 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
Akinmail: Thank God for Mrknowitall's life. So you can create a thread that is not targeted at destroying Nigerias Image or actively encouraging nigerians to get on the plane and leave Nigeria with or without Visa.

Thank Allah for a new year.
Thank Allah for a beautiful you.

@topic. No i haven't read it. I'll love to though.

I don't know why you would accuse me of destroying Nigeria's image because I haven't done such thing. The people who are destroying her image are the politicians, yahoo yahoo 419 boys, and of course, the international drug pushers. All I do is encourage Nigerians to go out and find a better life for themselves. I tell them to leave that pathetic place and perhaps, search for greener pastures in more suitable countries. I would even argue that I care more about Nigerians than you my friend.
Re: Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
I'm really not in the mood to argue. I'll just tell you that Nigeria is not a pathetic place.
Nigeria is so big and diverse that one story can't say it all. No bro.
Re: Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mr Knowitall:

I don't know why you would accuse me of destroying Nigeria's image because I haven't done such thing. The people who are destroying her image are the politicians, yahoo yahoo 419 boys, and of course, the international drug pushers. All I do is encourage Nigerians to go out and find a better life for themselves. I tell them to leave that pathetic place and perhaps, search for greener pastures in more suitable countries. I would even argue that I care more about Nigerians than you my friend.

You care about Nigerians more than i do? Haha stop that nonsense! You who would rather export your countrymen to live in a trailer park on a 10 inch thick ice with no friend in sight then for what peanuts.

(1) (Reply)

Akinbode's Misery / The Pathetic Story Of My Life / 30 DAYS OF POETRY,DAY4 "I Pay My Tithe" Pics Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.