Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

How To Get Rid Of Mobile Apps Attacks - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Get Rid Of Mobile Apps Attacks (689 Views)

Why Do HTML5 Mobile Apps Have A Bad Reputation (cordova / Phonegap)? / Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Mobile Apps Attacks by Profidada: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2014
Just woke up this morning and decided to peruse through this site which has been one of my favourites at least to get a feel of current happenings in the polity. on reading a thread that caught my attention I discovered that a pop up containing a warning ''your android device has been infected get Armor for Android to remove it now'' keeps showing up intermittently. I immediately realised that this site may have been attacked. I logged in after few hours of logging out but this shit won't let me enjoy favourite site. This is a typical case of a across site scripting attack (XSS). Most Nigerian mobile apps has been a victim of this attack and this site shouldn't. Pls my appeal/advice is directed to the management of this site to take this seriously. XSS attacks is the most common attacks in the application security and it is caused by crafted user input.I appealed to programmers in this site to handle the issue of user inputs such as posts, comments, passwords and other user input functions very seriously. The most effective method according to application security expert is to HTML encode every user input. I hope my simple cent will make a difference thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Learn Programing Online And Get A Computer Science Certificate After Exam / EnterpreneurCountry Plans To Fill Funding Gap In Nigeria's Tech Startup Scene / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.