Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Dublin - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dublin (7269 Views)

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dublin by Nurudeena: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hi guys,do anyone have any idea of Dublin?can someone reside their,the economy condition of the country and their embassy detail including the website.
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2008
my dear i also have the same question, cos am about moving to dublin myself but dont know how to start with my kids ,although we are Eu citizens ,i dont just know anyone there who will show me somethings about the city and all that, but incase u got answer to ur qusetions i will like to be part of it.
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2008
linapeace:

my dear i also have the same question, because am about moving to dublin myself but don't know how to start with my kids ,although we are Eu citizens ,i don't just know anyone there who will show me somethings about the city and all that, but incase u got answer to your qusetions i will like to be part of it.

Yours will be pretty straight forward as an EU citizen as far as rights of residency is concern.
There is job opportunity if you have a good CV/qualification.Anyway be specific on what you want to know.
Re: Dublin by funkybaby(f): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2008
Nurudeena:

Hi guys,do anyone have any idea of Dublin?can someone reside their,the economy condition of the country and their embassy detail including the website.

www.justice.ie

Visa applications are submitted at their embassy at Maitama, abuja. (sorry, cant remember the exact street).
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2008
11 Negro Crescent, Plot 415,
Euphrates St. Off Aminu Kano Rd,
Maitama District,
Abuja
09 4131751
http://www.embassyofireland.org.ng/

Strictly first come first serve,must be at the gate before 9 am to the list for the date.
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2008
brownbonno:

Yours will be pretty straight forward as an EU citizen as far as rights of residency is concern.
There is job opportunity if you have a good CV/qualification.Anyway be specific on what you want to know.

ALTHOUGH i and my family stays in Europe but just want to change the route to island but we have no one there, that is the problem, i want to further my education and at the same time get a job, so that is why i need someone who resides there to give me more details, on dublin generally
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2008
linapeace:

ALTHOUGH i and my family stays in Europe but just want to change the route to island but we have no one there, that is the problem, i want to further my education and at the same time get a job, so that is why i need someone who resides there to give me more details, on dublin generally

Although i don;t live in Ireland,i do know much about the country from Economy,politics,education etc.I know rent is expensive.For example,a 2/3 bed house in Cork is about 1200-1500 euros.
There are jobs if you have the right credentials/experience,the immigration sucks especially for non EU(changes on the way).
Re: Dublin by manmustwac(m): 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2008
brownbonno:

Although i don;t live in Ireland,i do know much about the country from Economy,politics,education etc.I know rent is expensive.For example,a 2/3 bed house in Cork is about 1200-1500 euros.
There are jobs if you have the right credentials/experience,the immigration sucks especially for non EU(changes on the way).
I think i have to disagree with you there brownbonno i was in Ireland about 2 weeks ago for the weekend and according to my firend that i was staying with in Shannon his rent for his 3 bedroom apartment is about 600 euros a month
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2008
brownbonno:

ok brownbonno, i have my good credentials, i will like to take up a part-time study cos of the mini job i hope i will get and cos of my kids too. do you know if it will be difficult in enrolling kids under 5 years in nursery school.
why is the apartment so expensive, are there no other cheaper apartment, and which other city apart from dublin can u recommend for a family person. thanks so much ,waiting 4 ur reply

manmustwac:

I think i have to disagree with you there brownbonno i was in Ireland about 2 weeks ago for the weekend and according to my firend that i was staying with in Shannon his rent for his 3 bedroom apartment is about 600 euros a month
then it is better ,pls do u no more about ireland?
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2008
manmustwac:

Read between lines,Shannon and Cork are two different cities and in different counties.I said 2/3 bed house and not appartment.
Dublin and Cork are the manufacturing, financial, and commercial centres of Ireland
Re: Dublin by manmustwac(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2008
@linapeace
just tell me what u want to know and i'll call my friend later to findout for you

@brownbonno
well in my dictionary apartment and house are both the same thing to me
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2008
manmustwac:

@linapeace
just tell me what u want to know and i'll call my friend later to findout for you

@brownbonno

That dictionary is misleading.(only if u care to know)
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2008
brownbonno:

Read between lines,Shannon and Cork are two different cities and in different counties.I said 2/3 bed house and not appartment.
Dublin and Cork are the manufacturing, financial, and commercial centres of Ireland
i heard they rent house and not apartment in ireland, that is family living in a big house or small house without anyother tenant living with them, but is there no wany of one renting an apartment there.

manmustwac:

@linapeace

@brownbonno

ok,i want to know more about child benefits, and how much it can cost for kindergarten of 2 kids, can i work and school at thesame time. these and other more are getting me confused.
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2008
linapeace:

i heard they rent house and not apartment in ireland, that is family living in a big house or small house without anyother tenant living with them, but is there no wany of one renting an apartment there.

ok,i want to know more about child benefits, and how much it can cost for kindergarten of 2 kids, can i work and school at thesame time. these and other more are getting me confused.

There are KGs but don;t know the rates.You can work and school it all depends how flexible you are.
They have a generous welfare system,CB for 2 kids is 332 Euros p/month.
Yes there are appartments,the rents are on the high side but there are ways around it which i can;t paste here(sorry)
Do you have a non-EU moving with you ?
Re: Dublin by manmustwac(m): 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2008
@linapeace
ok but where are you at the moment? Which country do u plan to emigrate from?
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2008
am in Germany
Re: Dublin by bigkayy(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2008
Folks
I've been living in Ireland, Dublin to be precise for 8 years, just to clarify on the cost of house rent, cost ranges between Euro1,000-5000 in Dublin depending on where you want to rent and the no of bedrooms. visit www.daft.ie

Although,rent is relatively cheaper if you are considering renting in other counties.

brownbonno:

There are KGs but don;t know the rates.You can work and school it all depends how flexible you are.

Child care can be quite daring, expect to pay at least 100-150 Euro weekly towards child care. visit http://www.giraffe.ie/index.htm

brownbonno:

Rightly stated, there are loads of good, highly paid job, but if you qualify outside Europe, especially Nigeria qualifications, it  might be a bit daunting to get your qualification recognised, hence limiting your chance of practising on your field.

I beg to differ that Irish immigration sucks, although there are bunch of laws that are not particularly immigrant-friendly but I reckon such laws are widely available in every countries of the world that has witnessed high level of immigrants turn-out.

linapeace:

visit http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/social-welfare-payments-to-families-and-children/child_benefit for more on child benefit.
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2008
brownbonno:

They have a generous welfare system,CB for 2 kids is 332 Euros p/month.
Yes there are appartments,the rents are on the high side but there are ways around it which i can;t paste here(sorry)
Do you have a non-EU moving with you ?

no we are all Eu citizens. and the kindergarten in ireland is too expensive, why is it like that,is it for the whole day or just for some hours or what. pls tell me. here in germany it is calculated according to ur income, so how is it there pls
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2008
linapeace:

no we are all Eu citizens. and the kindergarten in ireland is too expensive, why is it like that,is it for the whole day or just for some hours or what. please tell me. here in germany it is calculated according to your income, so how is it there please

I mean the child benefit is 332 Euro for 2 kids.

@bigkayy,
Thanks for the lights.
About the immigration sucks,i was referring to the pains/agony the DoJ made family members of EU citizens go through to enable them a stay or issuance of residence card.It came to a ridiculous point that deportation order was issued to such EU family members.Thanksfully,a new ECJ decision(25/07/08)have cleared the air.
Re: Dublin by bigkayy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2008
linapeace:

no we are all Eu citizens. and the kindergarten in ireland is too expensive, why is it like that,is it for the whole day or just for some hours or what. please tell me. here in germany it is calculated according to your income, so how is it there please

Most Child care centers are privately-owned and run
Re: Dublin by linapeace(f): 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2008
thanks bigkayy i will go thru the sites later
Re: Dublin by bigkayy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2008
brownbonno:

I mean the child benefit is 332 Euro for 2 kids.

@bigkayy,
Thanks for the lights.
About the immigration sucks,i was referring to the pains/agony the DoJ made family members of EU citizens go through to enable them a stay or issuance of residence card.It came to a ridiculous point that deportation order was issued to such EU family members.Thanksfully,a new ECJ decision(25/07/08)have cleared the air.

Thou art welcometh

Yeah, the DoJ just chanced their arms, they are perfectly aware of the fact that their interpretation of EU directive on free-movement of people wont stand the test of ECJ, the section 3(2) which was the bases of refusal of residence card to EU spouses is not but a baseless excuse, now DoJ have been told by ECJ that instrument 3(2) is not legally valid and hence had been revoked.
Am very much pleased for all the affected parties.
Re: Dublin by brownbonno(m): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2008
bigkayy:

Yeah, the DoJ just chanced their arms, they are perfectly aware of the fact that their interpretation of EU directive on free-movement of people wont stand the test of ECJ, the section 3(2) which was the bases of refusal of residence card to EU spouses is not but a baseless excuse, now DoJ have been told by ECJ that instrument 3(2) is not legally valid and hence had been revoked.
Am very much pleased for all the affected parties.

Cool, you got my point.
Re: Dublin by vvvjustice: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2008
Brownbonno seems to be more accurate with these informations provided about Ireland.
Perhaps you can get some more infos here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: Dublin by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2008
@poster
if u r serious brown and bigkayy, has all d rite info u need, manmustwac has no clue about ireland, if u r happy there u rather stay, here dey 've got no regards 4 9jerians , infact dublin suck 4 now, i work and i study here in dub it ain't easy, am only lucky because i own some businesses in other places, if not it's rock here, i pay 1300euro's per month 4 one bedroom, if u re eu citizen why not come 4 holiday first then u can c things 4 urself first b4 u decide if u like it here or not
Re: Dublin by ayomifull(f): 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ Lina how many children do you have and will you be able to take care of your financial need unti you are able to secure a job? Being an EU citizen you can move in freely, look for job and continue with life. If knowing someone is the problem i can be of help, i reside in Ireland and can assist you with more info needed. Though i work full time i can still create some time to help out a lil bit. If you are serious and sincere i can offer you a room for 2 weeks for free after which you have to get a place. My cousin(UK citizen), just moved over to Ireland from UK he got a job a week after he moved here, he stayed in my house for a month and has now got a place for himself u can reach me on ayo.ayomikun@yahoo.ie
Re: Dublin by ayomifull(f): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ Nurud, how are you coming in as a work permit holder or student on study permit or on visiting visa? Will be able to advise if i know the answer to these questions. It could be really great living here and it could be fristrating it depends.
Re: Dublin by vvvjustice: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2008
Thank you, Ayomifull, you're a true brother/sister's keeper. Honestly, i thought of being of help too, but she's a woman, and i wonder how compatible things would be.
Re: Dublin by Busybody2(f): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
vvvjustice:

Thank you, Ayomifull, you're a true brother/sister's keeper. Honestly, i thought of being of help too, but she's a woman, and i wonder how compatible things would be.

What do you mean she is a woman and is not compatible shocked shocked shocked Am I seeing what I am seeing shocked shocked Anyway, I still love you though for repping your sexuality wink kiss. No wonder you love those European countries so much, their vast range of finger-licking bratwurst and weistwurst are second to none. grin Stand tall and stand proud bro.cheesy
Re: Dublin by vvvjustice: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
Busy_body:

What do you mean she is a woman and is not compatible shocked shocked shocked Am I seeing what I am seeing shocked shocked Anyway, I still love you though for repping your sexuality wink kiss. No wonder you love those European countries so much, their vast range of finger-licking bratwurst and weistwurst are second to none. grin Stand tall and stand proud bro.cheesy
   Dear, what do you expect, what should i say smiley? Honestly, it's not about me, that i said "i wonder how compatible things would be", but rather for her convenience. How many women, (married ones) would feel safe or comfortable staying with a man, (a strange one) in a new country undecided?
   Some time before, i offered to assist someone in similar quest, but what did i get? Reviling accusations.
Check the Post #39 at the address below and see the generated reactions of the quote below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=134494.msg2273613#msg2273613
                                  Post #39

Vicjustice:

Do you really want to travel to Nigeria, do you have a host or a guide there?
   If not, i can host you: though i live in Dublin, but i'm frequently in Nigeria, and if however i'm scheduled to be in Europe or Canada at the time of your visit, i can alternatively make adequate arrangement for you by my younger brother.
   If you have a better plan, then it's well. But if you buy my idea, then let me know and i'll contact you via email.
   Ultimately, if you don't feel it's safe or if you don't think it's an ideal, then FORGET IT.
Re: Dublin by Busybody2(f): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
vvvjustice:

Dear, what do you expect, what should i say smiley? Honestly, it's not about me, that i said "i wonder how compatible things would be", but rather for her convenience. How many women, (married ones) would feel safe or comfortable staying with a man, (a strange one) in a new country undecided? 

Some time before, i offered to assist someone in similar quest, but what did i get? Reviling accusations.
Check the Post #39 at the address below and see the generated reactions of the quote below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=134494.msg2273613#msg2273613
                                  Post #39

Trust me I know wink, Have you forgotten that I am a busy body?cheesy 

Abeg, don't mind me I was just teasing you and pulling your legs about your sexual orientation. tongue At

least I know that when next I'm in Dublin, I have someone to host me and show me around.

scolding herself and talking to herself;aren't you being a bit too pushy and forward? Naa, who no like awoof and free goodies cool
Re: Dublin by ayomifull(f): 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2008
vvvjustice:

Thanks. Its a small world and one day we'll leave it behind, so do what u can to make anyone u can happy. Sure she might be more com4table wt a woman like herself. Thanks again, take care.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) / Dana Air Bags Airline Of The Year 2017, Wins Crew King And Queen Of Air Contest / How Do I Get To Amuwo Odofin From Berger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.