Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists (622 Views)

NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / GLOBAL WARMING: Temperatures Could Rise By 3C By 2050, Models Suggest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists by Olarewajub: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Global temperatures could soar by at least 4°C by 2100 if carbon dioxide emissions aren’t slashed, new research warns.
Climate scientists claim that temperatures could rise by at least 4°C by 2100 and potentially more than 8°C by 2200, which could have disastrous results for the planet.
The research, published in the journal Nature, found that the global climate is more affected by carbon dioxide than previously thought.
Scientists added that temperatures could rise by more than 8°C by 2200 if CO2 emissions are not reduced. The research found that the global climate is more affected by carbon dioxide than previously thought
HOW CLOUDS AFFECT THE CLIMATE
Fewer clouds form as the planet warms so that less sunlight is reflected back into space, driving temperature on Earth higher.
When water evaporates from oceans, vapour can rise nine miles into the atmosphere to create rain clouds that reflect light, or can rise just a few miles and drift back down without forming clouds.
While both processes occur in the real world, current climate models place too much emphasis on the amount of clouds that form on a daily basis.
By looking at how clouds form in on the planet , scientists are able to create more realistic climate models, which are used to predict future temperatures.
Scientists have long debated how clouds affect global warming.
It could also solve one of the mysteries of climate sensitivity - the role of cloud formation and whether it has positive or negative effect on global warming.
Researchers now believe that existing climate models significantly overestimate the number of clouds protecting our atmosphere from overheating.

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2531706/Earths-temperature-rise-4-C-2100-claim-scientists.html
Re: Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists by adegwurulez(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
You know the funny part? The same people giving the warning are the same people polluting the planet. I wonder the amount of CO2 a third world country emit that is comparable to what the industrilized countries emit.
Re: Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists by Sirex(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
4¤C is not much self, thank God sha, i will have exhausted my life expectancy by then. My unborn kids have a lot to worry about
Re: Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists by Blakjewelry(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
The problem is with politicians who are suppose to implement policies to curb pollution and big business people who will lose out if crude oil energy is replace by an alternate source of energy.
Also i think scientist these day are not doing enough in the area of new ground breaking invention like our forefathers did.
Re: Earth's Temperature Could Rise By More Than 4°C By 2100, Claim Scientists by Emmyk(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
adegwurulez: You know the funny part? The same people giving the warning are the same people polluting the planet. I wonder the amount of CO2 a third world country emit that is comparable to what the industrilized countries emit.
Exactly!

(1) (Reply)

Good Read: 6 Skills That Can Help You Start A Tech Company / Apple Unveils Two New Iphones / World’s First Head Transplant Volunteer......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.