Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (56490 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / Evil That Went On At Pastor Chris Okotie Wedding ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by hollypagan: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
i no go miss next sunday service,
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Bigking101: 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
[color=#006600][/color] nawaaoo
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Rastamann: 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
god of Men!

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by yertyr(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
hardywaltz: If i get to heaven and i see Chris Okotie there i will definitely know i'm in the wrong place.
yeah right... Lyk heaven is a place 4 ppl lyk u who judge.

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by jayAjoku(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
God knows best . He alone knows his true worshippers... Ds kin church will cause alot of divorces

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2014

Not even President Jonathan nor Obama has this type of security detail with them when they are on the podium. Even in War torn countries..

3 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by ibkonekt(m): 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nd kings: Here is a story written by Mr Chris Kehinde Nwandu of CKN Nigeria when he paid a visit to Pastor Chris Okotie's Household of God church in Ikeja Lagos this past Sunday.

Kenny gave a funny narrative story of his encounter atPastor Chris Okotie's churchin the article below:

By Chris Nwandu, CKN Nigeria

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/12/my-visit-to-kris-okoties-church-ckn.html

This guy is really hilarious in his narrative experience

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by natine90: 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
COPY AND PASTE toh badt...
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
★in papa Ajasco's voice★
Ojigbi jigbi jigbi jigbi. LWTMB
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by kommiejewel(f): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Chei,first to comment....shallaout to my beuriful wife. Baby God has answered our prayers.....dancing atilogwu.
Baby God?. . lipsrsealed undecided
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by iykofias(m): 12:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Pls from ph to ds church wil cost me hw much? Mak i start to dey save. Fada is lawd
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 03, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Chei,first to comment....shallaout to my beuriful wife. Baby God has answered our prayers.....dancing atilogwu.

Nna a I like your style ojare
Skelewu na azonto gbaa kwa oku

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Abbott(m): 12:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Op! Give it to them.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 03, 2014
re@lchange:
never go to any church where there are bouncers
jesus never walked around with bouncers
and even when he was arrested, he discouraged his followers from fighting
these latter day "christians" sef

He had disciples
And one of them named Peter cut off someone's ear in anger
Is that not bouncing grin

Jesus never went on the Internet either
Does that make the Internet evil?

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by free2ryhme: 12:17am On Jan 03, 2014
these are the last days ...

The bible is clear on this
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 03, 2014
There is nothing to say this narrative is true
Anyone can make up any stories and tell it
If it sounds sweet enough,it will grace the front page and make rounds
I feel bad for making up some of the quotes attributed to dame Patience
I wrote them on another forum some years ago as a mere joke and but it has been quoted widely in many fora as her words.

Don't believe everything you read
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by rakaasta(f): 12:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Infact laff wan tear my belle by dis time of the night...its soooooo funny.Especially d part of give it to me and stuffs....i cant just stop laffing.
But really dats a beautiful write up CKN.... NICE ONE.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by tintingz(m): 12:29am On Jan 03, 2014
Give it to me pastor, O yes give it to us!! grin

Hahahaha Funny write up and experience indeed grin

Churches and their hilarious practice grin
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by meracool(m): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2014
Funny Experience......
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2014
lmao! grin grin grin grin grin grin

My favourite part *Give it to me pastor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy*

This can't be true sha. Who attends this kinda church? hian! God save us

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by tintingz(m): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2014
Okija_juju:

Not even President Jonathan nor Obama has this type of security detail with them when they are on the podium. Even in War torn countries..
Omoh see body guides like CIA, SSS, SWAT agents on top one pastor grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by watered(m): 12:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Me sef go carry my sef go dia. Maybe na dia I go feed my eyes cos club fee don dey rise

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Toks2008(m): 12:36am On Jan 03, 2014
IDOLATRY, a subconscious norm in churches today.

I decide to share this article with you all to express MY OPINION about a gross abnormality that has permeated so deep into our churches today to the extent that Christians who worship in such churches have been totally enmeshed in this act and rather than see it as sinful,they will rather go all the way to defend their blasphemous acts or utterances.

Now we will take a case study from Christ embassy.

Just to set the records straight,before I continue, I would like you all to realize that I have absolutely nothing against Pastor Chris who is the general overseer and infact he is a man I respect so much and his teachings have really opened my eyes to my stands with Christ.

I also want you all to realize that I actually became a member of Christ embassy far back in 2001 and I was not just a member but an active PCF(Pastoral care fellowship) member under the name Haven. I actually was a member until 2010 when I moved away from the location and unfortunately where I relocated to is far from the mega churches so I had to worship with any nearby church.

SUBCONSCIOUS IDOLATRY

-I have always wondered why pastor Chris' picture is usually made so bold on the Frames that is usually placed in most of their branches . I kept wondering if it was done that way to make people see clearly that it is Chris oyakhilome’s church or maybe he is so cute that it will be just nice to display his frame or maybe for any other reasons but believe me, I think it is over blown.

- You need to see how members scream when Pastor Chris shows up in some gatherings and sometimes one tend to wonder if there is more to it. This also to many is normal but I think its also blown out of proportion.

-Have you wondered why many guys in Christ embassy suddenly developed the habit of wanting to dress, talk, act like pastor Chris? Honestly it blows my mind that even some of their pastors will even curl up their hair(I have nothing against curling of hair) just to take up Pastor Chris looks. You may say this does not matter but i believe its a sign of idolatry.

-Today I saw a face book post by one of the members of the church I presume, felicitating with Pastor Chris on his birthday and she used these words
“A great gift I celebrate” referring to Pastor Chris.

After seeing this, I made my opinion known by responding to the post writing ”In my opinion, Jesus is the only gift from GOD worth celebrating but you can appreciate and respect your pastor”

You all only need to imagine how furious she got and got so defensive that she sent a very funny reply to that which I don’t want to go into.

I simply wondered if she is just ignorant of those words “a great gift I celebrate” or maybe she was trying to show her sense of discipleship or maybe she is simply showing so much attachment to this innocent man I really don’t know but in my opinion, that was stark idolatry.

According to the various meanings of celebrate, we will discover that you can’t really celebrate a person but you can celebrate with someone who is said to be a celebrant who is also celebrating an event together with you. Events are meant to be celebrated And if we must celebrate an entity, i strongly believe that only the trinity is worth celebrating and no human must be celebrated in anyway but rather we celebrate with a human.

The Merriam-Webster Online dictionary gave another definition to the word celebrate as “to praise” so paraphrasing her exact words, she is simply saying
“A great gift I PRAISE” This is no doubt idolatry and she might just be so oblivious of this fact.

Though I used Christ embassy as a case study but this act of subconscious idolatry is prevalent in most of our churches with members believing in stickers that has the pastors face, putting the picture of their pastor in their rooms and so on and unfortunately these members are totally unaware of this act and this is why I tagged it “Subconscious idolatry” and should be stopped.

JEHOVAH IS STILL A JEALOUS GOD.

20 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by hustla(m): 12:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Please how Can i comment on this topic?
Thanks

undecided
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Seunl1: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Now, I can testify to some of the points in the original post. Especially dressing. Was nice I didn't dress down during the GRACE 2013 programme.(Impromptu visit)

The atmosphere was on a different level.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by FADEO: 12:47am On Jan 03, 2014
Household of ladies and efizy.

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by jnrbayano(m): 12:49am On Jan 03, 2014
Gone are the days I criticise perceived-to-be erring pastors. If you can, do same. They have God to contend with at the last day and same applies to everyone.

Any believer who is so lazy to read the Word Of God (Bible) to get the enablement in order to discern; who a true pastor is, what message is of God etc overly deserves any dupe/con/hypnosis he/she gets.

Nice work Op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by mazizitonene(m): 12:49am On Jan 03, 2014
This is hilarious
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by igwedaboss(m): 12:53am On Jan 03, 2014
heykims:
Jesus also neva used anything equivalent of private jet too

Was there private jets back then or anything of equivalent.. angry
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Abeos(m): 1:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Pls what's he 'giving to them' hmmm smh ETT
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by otokx(m): 1:14am On Jan 03, 2014
CKN should have stayed till the end, some pentecostal churches in Nigeria disallow the use of cameras inside their halls of worship for security and copyright issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Finally Agreed To Give Him Sex On His Birthday / "Prophet Onovwiona Emmanuel Is Sleeping With My Wife" - Smart Ojeski / RCCG Repairs Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.